AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 06:34   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Small error in "New Posts"

Just wanna report a small error I saw when selecting the new post option. Nothing serious though, animesuki forum will not go down due to it

When selecting the "new posts" option the title bar is named incorrectly, the first one says thread/thread starter instead of thread, the second one says last poster while it's in fact the thread starter and the last column doesn't even have a name

Spoiler:
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 06:45   Link #2
Thany
Unfair

While there is obviously an error at the original poster and a lack in the last case (last poster), the 'thread starter' in the first case could be in the case of a deleted thread
Old 2004-11-12, 07:12   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Just wanna report a small error I saw when selecting the new post option. Nothing serious though, animesuki forum will not go down due to it

When selecting the "new posts" option the title bar is named incorrectly, the first one says thread/thread starter instead of thread, the second one says last poster while it's in fact the thread starter and the last column doesn't even have a name
I use the "New Posts" option a lot and I must say that I've never noticed this before. I wonder how long it's been like that (meaning if it's something recently introduced or if it's been like that since we upgraded to v3.0.2).

But bottom line, it looks like it's a problem with vBulletin, so if you want it fixed I suggest you go to their forums and see it they know about it and if they have a fix. I don't remember ever seeing an option in our forum configuration which allows us to change titles like that.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 08:45   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Naww it's just a bug in the forum skin ... I've known about it for like a year or more now... I'm sure I mentioned it too... but then who has the time and power to actually fix it
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:38   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Lol.. looks like the poor administrator with a stomach ache has to do it.
Lol, I don't know what you did, but the titles have changed position although they are still in the wrong place
Old 2004-11-12, 13:16   Link #6
7thMethuselah

It seems the error is only present in the animesuki style of the boards. If you are using the vBulletin style it isn't there because the "new post" colums are arranged differently there (creator and thread are in one and the same column there)
Old 2004-11-12, 21:53   Link #7
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
It seems the error is only present in the animesuki style of the boards. If you are using the vBulletin style it isn't there because the "new post" colums are arranged differently there (creator and thread are in one and the same column there)
Yes, I think you're right. I have noticed the same problem since I first joined the forum, yet some other people I've mentioned who use the same software have told me I'm imagining things. I imagine lots of things, but I definitely don't fantasize about forum bugs...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 00:32   Link #8
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Forum style bugs

Just a few things you forgot to change in the AnimeSuki forum style:

^ the column headers are kinda screwed up.

^ same here.

And there's also that collapse button from the default vb skin which kinda sticks out.
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 19:12   Link #9
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy007
Just a few things you forgot to change in the AnimeSuki forum style:
I think those have been around for a long time and were previously acknowledged on another thread, although I forgot what, if anything, anyone said would be done about them. Can we get clarification again?

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote