AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-07, 17:39   Link #261
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ You the same ultimate samurai who hanged out in #otaku_underground before they became #animeone?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 06:26   Link #262
the_ultimate_samurai
kyuukyouku samurai.

0_0 *blinks* yes, yes i am...i dont remember a westio...did you have a different name? (also it was otaku_underground_anime and they never became #animeone. many of the people from oua went to #animeMMU which was started by angelic_layer, who was from oua, #animeMMU in turn became #animeone.)
i think otaku_xero's bot "drgn's_bane" had a lot to do with the fall of oua (and of course the increasing rise of animemmu/animeone)
the_ultimate_samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 07:45   Link #263
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hmm I think I was going by _Van_ at the time... if it wasn't that than I can't remember my handle since this was like... what 2001 or 2002? I do remember I stopped going on IRC for anime since I got jaded/burnt out for a few months and when I came back it #OUA was dead (or just about) and angelic and nearly everyone else was in animeMMU releasing that Vandread.. special/recap??

I also wasn't around for when #animemmu turned into #animeone and I have no idea what happened with silentvoice (IIRC didn't him, angelic and deepwalker found animeone?). Anyone nice to see you around even if you don't remember me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 08:04   Link #264
the_ultimate_samurai
kyuukyouku samurai.

yeah i remember you.
yep sv-kun, t-chan and kaikou-kun founded animeone. t-chan changed her name following threats from dvd companies like adv. sv-kun and kaikou kun (as well as animeone) can be found on irc.rizon.net
though rarely.
it was certainly a long long time go. it was just recently (about 4-5 years ago) i got dsl, and since then the number of anime i have seen has grown quite a bit (see sig) back in oua i had seen...ranma 1/2 (4 seasons) slayers, slayers next, and dna^2
the_ultimate_samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 10:13   Link #265
Dernhelm
High on Jin

LOL, this could be potentially amusing cos obscure seiyuus Iida Toshinobu and Kondo Takashi just rose to #4 in Oricon thanks to their duet single from one of the Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ED songs.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 15:27   Link #266
Honey_and_Cleaver

Takashi Kondo getting points as i expected, next super rising star, Yuiichi Nakamura, his voice acting is soo ultra cool.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 06:45   Link #267
LunaWolf
Animangame lover

Send a message via MSN to LunaWolf
Minagawa Junko... Her voice is so cool, great and s3xy!! She can do both males and females.
Paku Romi... Her voice is so cool. She done many popular characters.
Hoshi Souichiro... He can voice for both feminine guys and rough, hot-tempered guys.

I LOVE THEM~ ^^
LunaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:03   Link #268
zoot

I like Chiwa Saito (Anita King@ROD TV) and Nanae Katou (Ahiru@Princess Tutu). Yui Horie was getting stale, but she was good in Manabi Straight (didn't even realize it was her at first).

For the largely neglected male actors, Masaya Onosaka is fun in his Vash voice when written well (eg. Baccano, first half of Trigun).

I wish ANN would list seiyuu roles by date.
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 02:09   Link #269
Traece
:cool:

Here's some appreciation for two voice actors who, of all of them, seem to be in all the animes 'I' watch. Here's to two of the few English voice actors(I say few because there can't be a lot if they're in so many different animes).
Brad Swaile - Amuro Ray, Harry Champ(zoids), Quatre(Gundam Wing), Light Yagami(Death Note), Sai(Hikaru no Go), and several assorted animes.
Richard Ian Cox - Bit Cloud(Zoids), Inuyasha, Kai Shiden(Gundam), Tolle Koening & Shanni Andras(Gundam Seed), Scattershot(Transformers Cybertron), and assorted.
Pretty much, they're not only in a lot of the same animes(Especially mechas apparently), but they're(in my anime watching life) the most recurring that I know of. They also seem to sound like other actors as well, considering I was convinced since I had recently watched Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, that Brad Swaille was both Amuro Ray and Kira Yamato. This isn't true, but I was completely convinced beyond belief! In short, Bandai is a bunch of cheapos. <_<
Old 2007-12-11, 06:20   Link #270
Valashu

Top 5

1 Ellis - El Cazador de ja bruja
2 Princess Sakura - Tsubasa Chronicle
3 Lacus Clyne - Gundam SEED
4 Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Destiny
5 Aoi Oribe - Myself yourself

P.s Last one is a joke
Valashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 14:50   Link #271
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Watched 3x3 Eyes a couple days ago and watching Slayers again currently. So, I'm freshly reminded of how wonderful Megumi Hayashibara is.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:31   Link #272
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Time to raise this thread.

Personally a fan of gents instead of ladies in this department. Somehow, my manga tastes lead me to a certain few seiyu (when said manga gets the anime/drama CD treatment).

Faves include Hoshi Soichiro, Ishida Akira and Koyasu Takehito.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 22:32   Link #273
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
mmm... I can agree on Hoshi and Koyasu, being two of my favourite male seiyuu.

Of course, the anime I watch generally have fewer male characters than female characters, so I can never get attached to male seiyuu's voices as easily as I can for female seiyuu.

My personal favourite for cuteness and a good range, including various emotions, would be Yui Horie and Yukari Tamura, but I'm also quite fond of the Marimite, Shakugan no Shana crew: Kana Ueda (though she doesn't appear with the others as often), Rie Kugimiya, Mamiko Noto, Hitomi Nabatame, Shizuka Itou, etc.
I'm also a fan of Rie Tanaka for various reasons.

As far as male seiyuu go, the only ones that might spark my interest in an anime are the two mentioned above, both of the more well-known Tomokazus, Junichi Suwabe, and maybe a couple others.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 02:23   Link #274
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Akira is unique to me because of his boyish voice. His characters can be a bit "WTF?", like Nagisa Kaworu and Fish Eyes.

I second Tanaka Rie. Her monologue in Gundam Seed Destiny (as Lacus and Meer) was impressive. Also, her characters which I've heard have the "soft exterior but tough hearts and minds" attribute.

Noto Mamiko is THE psycho-loli b**** in my books.

Itou Shizuka is new, but warming very quickly.
Old 2008-06-01, 16:45   Link #275
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Anyone who likes Tanaka Rie's work and hasn't watched Hataraki Man should do yourself a favor and watch it soon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 13:06   Link #276
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Tanaka Rie is outstanding in Hataraki Man, which is a unique and entertaining show with a serious underbelly.

I'm beginning to know the male seiyuu, and Koyasu Takehito comes at the top of my list. But Miyano Mamoru, Suwabe Junichi, and Miki Shinichirou are up there, too, maybe largely for the sheer sound of their voices. And so are Sugita Tomokazu and Nakamura Yuuichi, among newer seiyuu. Seki Tomokazu may be the most skilled and flexible of all, but I admire his work more than I enjoy it.

Among female seiyuu, I put Paku Romi, Kuwashima Houko, and Kobayashi Sanae at the top, as actresses. Hirano Aya is my sentimental favorite, and is outstanding when she is at her best (as Layla in NANA, Konata in Lucky Star, and Chiko in Daughter of Twenty-Faces).

Yukarin (Tamura Yukari) and Hocchan (Horie Yui) are good, but in a very otaku-ish style. I am lukewarm over Hocchan's work in Vampire Knight, which is a very good show and getting better as it goes on. Yukarin never disappoints, for me, however. Nor does Kawasumi Ayako. Sawashiro Miyuki is dependable and always interesting. And Koshimizu Ami has been hitting it out of the park recently, especially as Horo in Spice & Wolf, but also as Saya in Naishou no Tsubomi; and even in Myself;Yourself, which was otherwise quite disappointing.

I can't claim they are the best, but I now have a long list of up-and-coming seiyuu whom I eagerly watch for: Yahagi Sayuri is excellent again as the new antagonist in Shugo Chara. I think she has the richest voice in anime, when she lets it out. Takagaki Ayahi totally captivated me as Noe in True Tears, and is also outstanding in ep9 of DaCapoII SS, as Otome. Hanazawa Kana (Sora in Sketchbook, Shiika in Mushiuta) may have the most moe voice in anime. But she gets competition from Sasaki Nozomi, whose career unfortunately appears to have stalled after Bokura ga Ita and Lucky Star, perhaps while she actually gets some training.

My #1 future favorite, however, is Hayami Saori, who is Kou in Wagaya no Oinarisama, and was Momoka in Touka Gettan. She is excellent in both these roles, but her singing is her forte: she has beautiful tone, and great musicality. And she just turned 17. Watch for her in July, starring in the full-on fanservice fantasy Sekirei.

EDIT: Looking at other posts, I am reminded how many good seiyuu there are. I love Nabatame Hitomi and Itou Shizuka, and Noto Mamiko is great, too -- and not just for her moe voice. In fact, not just for her voice work: she wrote one of the best episodes of Touka Gettan last year. And how can I forget the sultry voice of the lady in my avatar, Yukana.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-05 at 19:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 06:53   Link #277
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yukana... She needs more serious lines in Bleach. Isane always makes me want to laugh.

Miyano-san is a new star, but rising fast. Suwabe-san is dependable, while Miki-san has been running the circuit for some time. Anyway, Koyasu-san, Miki-san, Seki Tomokazu, and Hiro Yuki were what we call the Weiss quartet.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:20   Link #278
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Time to raise this thread.

Personally a fan of gents instead of ladies in this department. Somehow, my manga tastes lead me to a certain few seiyu (when said manga gets the anime/drama CD treatment).

Yeah the male seiyuu barely get any credit these days I find. Gotta love Takehito Koyasu. I'd also like to mention Kappei Yamaguchi, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Sho Hayami, Daisuke Gouri, Shinichiro Miki, Kazuki Yao, Nobuo Tobita, Tohru Furuya, Norio "Dracula" Wakamoto, Jun Fukuyama (new addition), Mamoru Miyano (new addition), Hiroshi Kamiya (new addition) and Seki Tomokazu as male favourites as well.

*Looks above* Holy smokes, somebody else has actually heard of Weiss.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 04:11   Link #279
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah the male seiyuu barely get any credit these days I find. Gotta love Takehito Koyasu. I'd also like to mention Kappei Yamaguchi, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Sho Hayami, Daisuke Gouri, Shinichiro Miki, Kazuki Yao, Nobuo Tobita, Tohru Furuya, Norio "Dracula" Wakamoto, Jun Fukuyama (new addition), Mamoru Miyano (new addition), Hiroshi Kamiya (new addition) and Seki Tomokazu as male favourites as well.

*Looks above* Holy smokes, somebody else has actually heard of Weiss.
One of the few teams of vet gentlemen VAs around. If you don't know of Weiss, you don't deserve to be noted as a seiyu fan.

Tobita Nobuo: My friend know him as the lead guy in Zeta Gundam, but I love him as Akabane in Getbackers.

Yamaguchi-san: Personally a stranger to him (Haven't heard him in Takahashi's works, among others). But, like Koyasu, can voice any character type convincingly.

Hiyama-san: Ikkaku cracked me up.
Old 2008-06-08, 18:08   Link #280
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've been watching the sudden burst of episodes from C1/Animanda for the second season of Saiunkoku Monogatari. Namikawa Daisuke has done an excellent job voicing the character To Eigetsu. Eigetsu grows considerably over the course of the show and Namikawa's performance captures that development. His voice has grown deeper and more decisive as Eigetsu has grown older and more experienced.

Namikawa is also the voice of Rock in Black Lagoon. I thought that was a good performance as well, but perhaps not so demanding a role as Eigetsu who matures enormously in a short period of time.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seiyu