Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-11-01, 09:00   Link #261
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
that will be very hopeful

oh.. i also have the same problem... the gif is slower than the anime.. when viewed in IE, its like 3/4 the speed of the animation in the anime.. so how to solve this ? or its just like that, cannot be changed.

heres the gif(19 frames) :
Internet Explorer has never liked the 0ms setting of animated GIF's. At times, even 50ms can be faster than 0ms. Basically all that you can do is to play around with the delay time at around 50ms and lower (Even 49ms could possibly run slower at around 100ms on IE,.. but I haven't tested on how far back in the delay that one can go.) and to design your GIF's at that delay setting.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 10:35   Link #262
Palani
///_^

Quote:
that will be very hopeful

oh.. i also have the same problem... the gif is slower than the anime.. when viewed in IE, its like 3/4 the speed of the animation in the anime.. so how to solve this ? or its just like that, cannot be changed.

heres the gif(19 frames) :
Delete the frames that are practically the same, in 1 minute I made it into this:

And let's include a little tutorial written by me:

Palani's Guide For Horizontal/Vertical Scrolling

Note that all this has to be done before cropping or resizing the GIF.

Step 1.

Basic Gif Making, Meaning Deleting double frames and selecting which frames you want for the animation. The latter should be done with pinpoint accuracy since any change in the frames you want can cause you to start then entire process all over again and we wouldn't want that to happen now would we? No, we won't

Step 2.

When you've gotten your frames set the real trick can begin. Start by taking out another object and place it on a set point of the animation (i.e. in Tsunade's GIF her chin for example). Make sure this is visble on all frames. (For imageready users I assume something like this could be done by using a layer above all the other layers., Or by using my method of an erasable magic marker and putting a dot on your screen in the apropriate position). This is one of the most important things since it gives you a focus point. This works as well as a means of not having to constantly switch back and forth between frames to spot that 1 pixel misalignement.

Step 3.

This is the painstaking of putting all frames in the correct place. It's not hard it's that doing this for all frames might take a while.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 16:11   Link #263
sinistral
SOS団

Thanks for that guide.. although i understand only a bit. Did u use ImageReady to make that border ? Any steps for that ?
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 00:51   Link #264
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Thanks for that guide.. although i understand only a bit. Did u use ImageReady to make that border ? Any steps for that ?
Make a new transparent layer on top of all the layers. Use the Selection tool to select the entire layer. Pick the color you want for you border. Go to Edit and select Stroke. Set it to Inner and 1 pixel. That will get you the outer border. For the inner one, zoom in a little bit and use the Selection tool again but leave precisely 1 pixel of space between your selection and the outer border you just made. Do Stroke again. Done.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 09:45   Link #265
sinistral
SOS団

THANKS~ I LOVE YOU~! great help!!
Old 2004-11-07, 12:00   Link #266
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Make a new transparent layer on top of all the layers. Use the Selection tool to select the entire layer. Pick the color you want for you border. Go to Edit and select Stroke. Set it to Inner and 1 pixel. That will get you the outer border. For the inner one, zoom in a little bit and use the Selection tool again but leave precisely 1 pixel of space between your selection and the outer border you just made. Do Stroke again. Done.
You could always go to Select==>Modify==>Contact and set it to 2. It saves a lot of bullshit with not selecting right and produces the same result.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:32   Link #267
iceyfw

how come whenever i try to open a video file, it gives me this error.

Couldn't locate decompressor for format "DIVX" (DivX 4+)
VirtualDub requires a Video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:39   Link #268
hooliganj
Team Player

I would guess it means that you are using ffdshow as a filter to watch the episodes, but you don't have the actual codec needed to render and manipulate the images. You need to get the appropriate codec for DivX or Xvid. Once they're installed Virtualdub should be able to open the file properly.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 21:20   Link #269
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy
how come whenever i try to open a video file, it gives me this error.

Couldn't locate decompressor for format "DIVX" (DivX 4+)
VirtualDub requires a Video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.
Spoiler:

Assuming that you're using ffdshow, you will need to set the format to libavcodec in the VFW configuration of ffdshow. (Start/All Programs/ffdshow/VFW Configuration).
Old 2004-11-08, 03:23   Link #270
iceyfw

can somebody help me?
right around number 9-11 on the ImageReady tutorial..
plus where the heck is the rectangular marquee option?!
Old 2004-11-08, 04:25   Link #271
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
You could always go to Select==>Modify==>Contact and set it to 2. It saves a lot of bullshit with not selecting right and produces the same result.
Yah, I know you love doing that, but since I always zoom in at least x2, I rarely mis-select.

Quote:
can somebody help me?
right around number 9-11 on the ImageReady tutorial..
I believe 9 is telling you to delete any repeated frames, but it can also mean deleting expendable frames. Say a sequence uses seven frames to depict a character's raising his hand; you can delete frames two, four, and six and may still end up with a fairly smooth animation if you decrease the frame rate of the remaining four.

10 should be self-explanatory.

Only worry about 11 if you want to crop or center the animation. Say the screenshot was originally the character firing missiles while sitting on a tank. If you only want to concentrate on the character, then select only the portion you want using the rectangular marquee tool and crop.

Quote:
plus where the heck is the rectangular marquee option?!
Sigh... ^_^;;

sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 04:31   Link #272
iceyfw

thx man, he wasn't clear on where the rectangular marquee was
Old 2004-11-08, 21:28   Link #273
iceyfw

how do u make borders?
Old 2004-11-08, 21:40   Link #274
ventriloquist
人形使い

Quote:
how do u make borders?
sigh.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
ventriloquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 02:39   Link #275
iceyfw

have mercy at a gif noobie
Old 2004-11-09, 03:17   Link #276
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
have mercy at a gif noobie
they had mercy on me and so i can make my gif now
Old 2004-11-10, 23:41   Link #277
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
For An EXTENDED tutorial, with more in depth information of the different features of ImageReady visit:
http://dakotacom.net/~fadi/giftutorial/giftutorial.htm
The forum wouldnt let me post the whole thing here because it was too long
the extended link is a 404. is there another link to it?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 03:47   Link #278
state_alchemist

I'm having trouble with the VirtualDub. When I try to open a file with it, it says:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID' (Unknown)

VirtualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

That's what is says. Can anyone help me?
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 04:10   Link #279
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
I'm having trouble with the VirtualDub. When I try to open a file with it, it says:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID' (Unknown)

VirtualDub requires a video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

That's what is says. Can anyone help me?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=269

Or if that isn't part of the issue, install that latest XVID codec. Latest stable binary I believe...
Old 2004-11-16, 15:02   Link #280
state_alchemist

Thank you so much, the XVID did the trick. Now that I think of it, before I reformatted a month ago, I did have a XIVD program in my computer, lol. I didn't think it would have been that big a problem. Thanks again.
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated gifs, graphics