AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-19, 00:52   Link #9581
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
That's not a bad guy is real life, in reality you don't leave a threat unattended because of ethics because after something happens it will ne to late, if it was a individual it might be fine but when you have to protect a country things like equal power just means they have a chance to destroy you.
I know, actually in real life something like that can happen.

Quote:
to me vol.11 really cheapened strategic magic.
Emm what do you mean.
Old 2014-01-19, 01:01   Link #9582
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

I thought what he did was protecting the nation that his sister is residing in, rather than protecting his country. The same goes for the battle 10years ago.
Old 2014-01-19, 01:11   Link #9583
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
I'm currently at vol 9 and it just gets boring with the whole "no one can beat him since he himself is a nuke and he always gets 1 step ahead of even the world best intelligence agency in term of info" thing.

And yeah, China or US, enemy or ally, whoever dares to oppose Jap in this series is most likely to be reduced to dust by Tatsuya.
Yeah it can't be helped if you feel this series is boring.

Actually I understand your point.

Quote:
I thought what he did was protecting the nation that his sister is residing in, rather than protecting his country. The same goes for the battle 10years ago.
3 years ago.

And he didn't feel guilty at all casting the Big Bomb. Yeah this is war.
Old 2014-01-19, 01:34   Link #9584
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

I consider the wariness to other countries natural since they got out of WWIII not to long ago, and have one foot in the door in WWIV, plus we only see it from the point of view of people immesed in this kind of thing for their daily lives (should it called the darkside?) so is not really weird that they are portrait as hostile.
Old 2014-01-19, 05:48   Link #9585
Ultragunner

Quote:
I'm currently at vol 9 and it just gets boring with the whole "no one can beat him since he himself is a nuke and he always gets 1 step ahead of even the world best intelligence agency in term of info" thing.

And yeah, China or US, enemy or ally, whoever dares to oppose Jap in this series is most likely to be reduced to dust by Tatsuya.
Really? Sure, the Vampire Arc (vol 9, 10, 11) aren't as intense as the others but there are more "behind the scene" and build up for future conflict.

Tatsuya is walking nuke, so what? That fact even adds and emphasizes on the challenge Tatsuya is and will be having "not all problem can be solved through brute force" .

I thought we all know that Mahouka isn't a typical shounen series where the MC's main goal is to get stronger. Kinda like Superman except for the fact there is no real Kryptonite (Miyuki can be close to one, but touch her and you're dead ) and Tats sure is not fighting for justice whatsoever.

Sorry, I sound like an obsessive fanboy (indeed I am *kuhehe....kuhehe*)
Old 2014-01-19, 08:33   Link #9586
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Really? Sure, the Vampire Arc (vol 9, 10, 11) aren't as intense as the others but there are more "behind the scene" and build up for future conflict.

Tatsuya is walking nuke, so what? That fact even adds and emphasizes on the challenge Tatsuya is and will be having "not all problem can be solved through brute force" .

I thought we all know that Mahouka isn't a typical shounen series where the MC's main goal is to get stronger. Kinda like Superman except for the fact there is no real Kryptonite (Miyuki can be close to one, but touch her and you're dead ) and Tats sure is not fighting for justice whatsoever.

Don't worry dude, you are not the only one who is an obsessive fanboy when it comes to Mahouka....

Plus, Tatsuya is cool....Yes, his OP, but that makes him a cool character.....

I'm kinda a bit irritated when some people are complaining about Tatsuya being....I mean, Alucard from Hellsing is OP and nobody complains about him

By the way...I had a weird dream...

Old 2014-01-19, 08:38   Link #9587
Kadi
知識の探求者

Well, that Alucard has style and character...
Old 2014-01-19, 08:54   Link #9588
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

In my case, Kamijou Touma V.S. Shiba Tatsuya.

The Imagine Breaker against Mahesvara.
Old 2014-01-19, 09:02   Link #9589
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
This

Alucard is cool, but I like Alexander Anderson more.
Old 2014-01-19, 09:21   Link #9590
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

If MHnK was a typical shounen, I would get bored a lot sooner. Maybe it's just me setting my expectation too high.
And no, I don't read this expecting a Mary Sue or ally of justice or sth. I don't even have problems with Tatsuya being OP (on anti-personnel level, that is).
Just that I feel kinda off "seeing" Tat nuked a port after a large scale war, and about the part where he always gets the info he needs.
Well, it's a matter of personal taste, nothing else.
Old 2014-01-19, 09:52   Link #9591
Ultragunner

^ for the info thing I agree

But that's just the 1st year where his enemies are just kinda "noobs" and he even had the support from the military. In 2nd and onward, I have high hope for Koichi and the boss of Blanche/No Head Dragon
Old 2014-01-19, 11:38   Link #9592
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Ooh, them's fighting words! As much as I love and adore Alucard - I would agree on the style but decry any argument that he has character. He has nothing of the sort! There's no context for his personality, his loyalties, etc.

I'm still waiting for one of the upcoming arcs, something that the author has subtly hinted at .. where things'll move heavily in the political or other streams -- something that cannot be resolved by one person or group of persons no matter how strong they are..

And then a Machiavellian choice will need to be made -- perhaps resulting in Miyuki taking up the mantle of the Yotsuba and a wedge being driven between the brother and sister..!
Old 2014-01-19, 12:00   Link #9593
Chris38

^ Personally, I doubt that any kind of wedge is going to be put between Miyuki and Tatsuya.

At least the Yotsuba, won't try to do something like that, since to them ... Miyuki is the only remaining thing that restrains Tatsuya ... which is the reason why, Maya wants her to become the next head of the Yotsuba clan.

Furthermore, a wedge put between Tatsuya and Miyuki would ... more or less, break him to some extent, since his love toward Miyuki is his only remaining true emotion, and we have seen what Tatsuya is capable of, when someone tries to take that away from him.

Sure, it's possible that Tatsuya and Miyuki might have some minor disagreements in the future, but I doubt that it's going to be anything serious, that they won't be capable of resolving.
Old 2014-01-20, 02:13   Link #9594
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Exactly. It's not like Tatsuya cares about Japan itself...He couldn't care less if the country was invaded, taken over, or even destroyed as long as Miyuki's not in danger and none of his interests are infringed upon. If Japan itself tries to harm him or Miyuki in any way, he'd turn his trident against them instead.
Old 2014-01-20, 02:21   Link #9595
azziz

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Exactly. It's not like Tatsuya cares about Japan itself...He couldn't care less if the country was invaded, taken over, or even destroyed as long as Miyuki's not in danger and none of his interests are infringed upon. If Japan itself tries to harm him or Miyuki in any way, he'd turn his trident against them instead.
thing are actually a little more subtle than that
Old 2014-01-20, 05:13   Link #9596
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Well yeah.
And there are nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Just like China used to help Viet Nam in VNwar due to the threat that America would be able to build military bases right next to their country.
Or America lends other countries money to make them financially dependent on US.
Or America helps other countries in military aspect to expand America's line of defense and influence around the world.
Does that make the ones who run China and America look bad? No, they do that for their country.

Not everybody does things for free.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-20, 11:07   Link #9597
babbo3d

Now that I think of it normal weapons probably work much better on tomi than magic I guess this is one of those strengh and weakness kind of thing in a way he might counter tat's much more than jumonjii.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:50   Link #9598
Hiyono

Quote:
Now that I think of it normal weapons probably work much better on tomi than magic I guess this is one of those strengh and weakness kind of thing in a way he might counter tat's much more than jumonjii.
His weakness is that his armor only defends against magic attacks; he's very much still susceptible to anything physical. Hence this line from the text: "Yet, so long as Tatsuya still held onto the handicap of not utilizing attacks through the Idea, then he was a deficient Magician who could not use magic that directly influenced physical phenomena."

Tatsuya's deficiency as a Magician means he's unable to do the one thing that works very well against Tomitsuka. As you say, it's a matter of bad matchups. Something like Mayumi's Dry Meteor would devastate Tomitsuka.
Old 2014-01-20, 11:57   Link #9599
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
His weakness is that his armor only defends against magic attacks; he's very much still susceptible to anything physical. Hence this line from the text: "Yet, so long as Tatsuya still held onto the handicap of not utilizing attacks through the Idea, then he was a deficient Magician who could not use magic that directly influenced physical phenomena."

Tatsuya's deficiency as a Magician means he's unable to do the one thing that works very well against Tomitsuka. As you say, it's a matter of bad matchups. Something like Mayumi's Dry Meteor would devastate Tomitsuka.
Which is what I said tat's magic is the type the effects the object itself (it could be said that even gram demolition is like this) which is a very bad match against tomi, tatsuya who has few (but very powerful magics).
Old 2014-01-20, 21:34   Link #9600
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post

I discussed this with Hazakee before.

Tatsuya is capable of "utilizing attacks through the Idea" since it said "so long as Tatsuya still held onto the handicap" = he can do it but chooses not to.

If he does not use that handicap, his result is the same as other normal magicians' result (referred as "deficient Magician") when they are up against Psion armor: "could not use magic that directly influenced physical phenomena" anywhere near Tomitsuka.

And IMO, his attack through Idea is his signature "through the wall" mist dispersal. Not phenomenon alteration.
The handicap is that not using "the mean to transport the magic", not "the magic".
"Payload" and "transportation" are equally important.
Remember: Miyuki has the spell to defeat Parasite, but she does not have the mean to deliver it. That's where Tatsuya and his E-sight coming in.
Psion armor hinders the "transportation of the spell", just like Parasite's formless body.
Toward a human like Tomitsuka, Tatsuya has the "payload". And the "transportation".

Spoiler:

about Psion armor's use:
Spoiler:

P/s: Have you guy played any RPG or MOBA game?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings