AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-12-27, 09:03   Link #41
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
I get spontaneous nosebleeds when cute girls walk by.

consequently my health insurance premium has taken a major hike since I started watching anime.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who needs to carry a 100-pack of tissues everywhere I go.... (just kidding)
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:35   Link #42
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Though it's probably not from anime, I find myself bowing for no apparent reason. Just today, I bowed to the register clerk at Officemax when she handed me back my credit card... Needless to say it was pretty embarrassing, especially since the clerk was pretty cute~ >.>

ehh~ I feel kind of out of sync ever since I came back to the states ^^;
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:01   Link #43
TheMadMan

lol... I am one of those middle finger glasses pusher.
TheMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 07:20   Link #44
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

'bout the only habits I've picked up are a tendancy to say 'Ah' instead of 'yeah' (think Rin in Shuffle! for example), and Kawaii instead of cute. Other than that, no not really.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:07   Link #45
Pippin4242

The horrible urge to shout "OMEGA" in front of any adjective when I'm excited.

Scratching the back of my head when agitated sticking an elbow out almost at right angles to the head, Vash-style. I think Wolfwood does it too, and plenty of other anime characters, but that's almost definitely where I got it from.

Sometimes... when I'm trying to show someone I'm pleased, without using words, instead of grinning, I try to make my eyes do this... ^^ which just doesn't work in RL! Tragic, ne?
Pippin4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 00:01   Link #46
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

I shake my fist whenever a friends of mine makes a pokes at me. I dunno if I learned it from japanese anime or Homer Simpson.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:46   Link #47
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I have a few...

I say yatta, nyo, nyuu, nyaa, gema, gao, uguu, arei?, nani, ehhhhhh, haaa?, ne and so many other odd things ....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 02:49   Link #48
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well now doesn't this bring back some memories, think I'll bring this back up real quick for all to see again.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 22:01   Link #49
Lady Yanami
There's always a catch...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Yanami Send a message via MSN to Lady Yanami

Saying Itadakimasu before eating is a habit I picked up. As well as saying tadaima when I get home.
Lady Yanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 22:33   Link #50
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Aside from saying "baka", "kuso", "kawaii", "tadaima" "are?", "otousan/okaasan", or "eh?" well.......you know how Shigure from Furuba waves his hand when he's laughing something off?

YES I DO THAT. XD Unintentionally-I mean, I didn't even think about it the first time I did it. XD

Horray for glasses-pushers. Haha it looks cool. If I wore my glasses more i'd do it too, probably...but I heart my contacts...
Old 2006-05-30, 23:30   Link #51
Chiro-Chan

Location: Chiro lives in Oregon, nyo.. It's too cold and wet here.. *shiver* I wanna live with Fluffy-butt!
Send a message via AIM to Chiro-Chan
I push my glasses up with my middle finger, I talk in a cutesy voice, and in Japanese a lot, I have all those little physical manneurisms, I swear there are times you can see a sweatdrop on my head. I wear loligoth clothes and cosplays to school, Instead of "Yaho!" I say "Nyaho!" Like a cat girl. I "La li ho!!" Like Shuuichi, I do all the little hand signs, and, as a Senior in H.S, I've come to be known as the Living Breathing Anime Character, but you can call me Chiro.

EDIT: Yeah, I say random words in Japanese all the time too. I "itadakimasu" and "gochisousama" and "baka" and "kuso!" and "hontou?" and all that stuff. I take off my shoes when I come inside. I actually spent 2 weeks in Japan last summer. I had a host family... It was awesome. <333
Chiro-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 02:00   Link #52
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

most annoying habit from watchin anime is... trying to look for subtitles when watchin american films or read it when they do have them.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 02:29   Link #53
Calca
Expressionless

I've started saying "yare yare" recently.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 03:27   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Nothing. I have not gotten any weird and\or innocent habits from an anime. It's just so retarded to see other people doing that kind of stuff and saying random japanese words in the middle of a sentence(no offense to any of you of course), and I don't want to look like that.
I understand what you mean (having been to a few conventions and hearing a large burly guy squeak "kawaii" makes me shiver) but it is definitely not retarded to be even vaguely bilingual. There are some expressions that simply are better or more appropriate in their original tongue (german: gestahlt, gesundheit. japanese: banzai, shinai, baka. canada: ,eh? ). Most bilingual people will throw in a phrase here and there. I think it adds some interest to the conversation. After working with people from many cultures and countries, I've picked up a mess of mannerisms and terms I didn't have when I was young.

I'm starting to think instead of stupid resolutions about "english" in my country, there should be a requirement for all people to be multi-lingual ... even if its Swahilli and Icelandic. Knowing more than one language makes it harder to be quite so provincial.

My extended family has japanese, english, spanish, and german components.

Other anime-isms..... I've always pushed my glasses up that way so I can't blame anime (though I'm known to "push up" imaginary glasses with contacts on.. oops). The other 'isms' are ones my family tends to practice anyway... though we've gotten more-so since my two sons and I are all actively learning proper Japanese (instead of the "texan-ified japanese" my wife's family speaks -- there's a large Texan contingent of Japanese who arrived in the 1920s).

I will say I've accidently bowed in public places or "arigato'd" or "Ja matta" with some blank looks. It requires some discipline to remember since we shop at the local Uwajamiya, visit the buddhist temple, and take part in the local festivals where no one blinks when you do those things.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-31 at 03:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 05:50   Link #55
saya
hi-chew addict

Send a message via MSN to saya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
I've started saying "yare yare" recently.

i say urusai! more than i am sopposed to, yep pushing up my glasses with middle finger is another habit
saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 07:59   Link #56
Rowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I do a variation of that. The difference is, I use both my middle and index fingers. I caught myself doing the middle finger thing, realized that could easily be misinterperted, and started doing it with both fingers.

I used to do that too! That is, until I got contacts... and even then, for a while, I poked myself in the forehead out of habit, randomly trying to push up the glasses I forgot I wasn't wearing...
Rowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 08:32   Link #57
Mirtual

Hu, other than subtitels showing up in my dreams or getting real bored when watching most of western tv program and using bt a lot not much.
Uh, there is one more thing. I started to read/know a lot more about various legends and history since it tends to play an important role in anime/manga and I want to be a smartass about them
There are a bunch of other things where I am not too sure if they originated in anime but I will spare you from telling them.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 10:09   Link #58
l33t_n00b

Ah yeah I got this little habit but nobody really notices it.
when somebody makes a fool of me I immediatly fall on my head with my legs straight up and you hear *BOINK*.
Also when I'm talking to somebody and he/she sais something weird a Sweat drop suddenly appears and goes past the side of my head.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 13:56   Link #59
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I started caring for other people.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 14:56   Link #60
shinga
kiyoubinbou

I've caught myself saying 「あぁ」 or 「うん」 to my parents and friends (who, obviously, know absolutely no Japanese, since I'm about as white as can be) after Japanese class instead of something like "yeah."
shinga is offline   Reply With Quote