Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-03, 07:01   Link #21
bluemist
i am the mist

Mone Mone?

Gonna think twice before getting the series.
Old 2004-01-03, 07:24   Link #22
VagrantSaga

This one looks interesting. I'll give it a go and see if the first ep is good.
Old 2004-01-03, 08:36   Link #23
kiyone

The main writer of Yumeria is Yousuke Kuroda.
And I played the game.
From that impression, I think Yumeria will be like Onegai Twins.

Yumeria benchmark
http://www.yumeria.com/download/mark.html

Last edited by kiyone; 2004-01-03 at 08:50.
Old 2004-01-03, 09:18   Link #24
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagrantSaga
This one looks interesting. I'll give it a go and see if the first ep is good.
Same here, gonna watch the first few eps and see if this is nice enough to follow
Old 2004-01-03, 17:50   Link #25
Blade556

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
also the fact it airs at 24 30 is a clear hint we are talking an ecchi series here
hehe, we can only hope. If it is, i MIGHT just have to download it...anyone else?
Old 2004-01-03, 18:31   Link #26
BluWacky
尻の竜

...sigh. I thought this had vague potential from watching the game's OP, but it really is Bishoujo Anime Cliche #12 - Ass-Kicking-And-Showing Harem Girls.

Count me out for this one.
Old 2004-01-03, 22:35   Link #27
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

This looks to be pretty ecchi, I'll give it a shot though.
Old 2004-01-06, 03:21   Link #28
Anlushac11

Cool

Just watched the Promo.

Yep this is gonna be a keeper. Its got cute anime girls and catgirls. What else do I need to know? And it looks like it might be a ecchi series too!

Besides its been too quiet around here since Ikkitousen and Green Green ended
Old 2004-01-15, 01:39   Link #29
Anlushac11

Cool Just watched ep01 of Yumeria

It has the typical harem style, sex jokes, ecchiness, cute anime girls, and fan service.

I LOVE IT!

Nanase-san's voice reminds me an awful lot of the seiyuu who did Otohime Mutsumi from Love Hina

And the redhead is a definete anime hottie

If you liked Popotan, Green Green, Guardian Hearts, and such I highly recommend you check this out.

What are your thoughts?

The main character seems like your typical teen male anime character but yet he doesnt, and so far I have found several of the scenes very funny.
Old 2004-01-15, 01:59   Link #30
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
It has the typical harem style, sex jokes, ecchiness, cute anime girls, and fan service.

I LOVE IT!

Nanase-san's voice reminds me an awful lot of the seiyuu who did Otohime Mutsumi from Love Hina

And the redhead is a definete anime hottie

If you liked Popotan, Green Green, Guardian Hearts, and such I highly recommend you check this out.

What are your thoughts?

The main character seems like your typical teen male anime character but yet he doesnt, and so far I have found several of the scenes very funny.
A very amusing game-turned-anime from what I would expect from writer Kuroda Yosuke.
Old 2004-01-15, 02:33   Link #31
FlyByNite

Since Kikuko Inoue is listed in it I'll have to check it out
Old 2004-01-15, 03:01   Link #32
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I'm really hoping this doesn't become yet another harem anime. It wouldn't do the game's beauty justice if it was.

And, wasn't there a thread for Yumeria already?

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-15 at 03:37. Reason: Yes there was, so merged the threads together. Ta
Old 2004-01-15, 09:16   Link #33
Anlushac11

Cool

The have now been merged.

I dont want to see this get absurd with fanservice like Ikkitousen (which I still liked), Im hoping for soemthing more on the lines of Guardian Hearts or Popotan or Green Green with a interesting storyline.

So far the fanservice has been good and the storyline I find interesting. And the guy isnt acting like a idiot...well OK not a loser idiot.

I felt this one would be one I liked when I heard the catchy opening song. not always a sure means of success but usually if I like the opening somg I like the series.
Old 2004-01-15, 15:31   Link #34
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Is there alot of fan service and ecchiness? like I don't mind but stuff like onegai twins is just stupid.
Old 2004-01-15, 18:59   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Is there alot of fan service and ecchiness? like I don't mind but stuff like onegai twins is just stupid.
There are *some* fanservice (transformation scene for example... But if Sailor Moon can have it I don't think it's too bad), but not to the point that its excessive just yet. But it does seem that the comedy thrives on ecchi jokes though.
Old 2004-01-15, 23:17   Link #36
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Main translator of Ahou anime (new group that none of you have ever heard of, I know :P) speaking. I just finished the script of Yumeria ep1 - I got delayed with it, but when I saw AnimeKeep had released a trailer I wanted to go on work on it so that we would release it before them (we have more than just Yumeria and real life to take care of, though). I'm also starting to work on the second episode right away (alright, make that 'this afternoon'). From what I've seen of this series, I really hope it turns out great, and I hope I'm not translating into both english and swedish in vain (read: some swedish people actually caring to not get the english one xD).

About the fanservice, there hasn't been any much yet and I hope it won't be too much in it, heh heh... I tolerate way more than they have shown so far, but I don't want this series to turn into a second Ikkitousen, heh heh. (btw, is it just me or is Mizuki very cute?)
Old 2004-01-16, 00:11   Link #37
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Main translator of Ahou anime (new group that none of you have ever heard of, I know :P) speaking. I just finished the script of Yumeria ep1 - I got delayed with it, but when I saw AnimeKeep had released a trailer I wanted to go on work on it so that we would release it before them (we have more than just Yumeria and real life to take care of, though). I'm also starting to work on the second episode right away (alright, make that 'this afternoon'). From what I've seen of this series, I really hope it turns out great, and I hope I'm not translating into both english and swedish in vain (read: some swedish people actually caring to not get the english one xD).

About the fanservice, there hasn't been any much yet and I hope it won't be too much in it, heh heh... I tolerate way more than they have shown so far, but I don't want this series to turn into a second Ikkitousen, heh heh. (btw, is it just me or is Mizuki very cute?)

Lol thx guys ^-^ I didn't want it to be anything uber perverted, girls like me don't like ...girls I like guys ^-^" like G-Seed *WOOT*
Old 2004-01-16, 01:55   Link #38
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Lol thx guys ^-^ I didn't want it to be anything uber perverted, girls like me don't like ...girls I like guys ^-^" like G-Seed *WOOT*
Yeah, guys are too cute, ne? Heh heh, though I'm the kind of girl who really doesn't mind cute girls either; though I still don't want an entire anime series to be focused on the fact that it's characters (male or female) are cute/hot/pretty/whatever.
Old 2004-01-16, 14:00   Link #39
Blade556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
though I still don't want an entire anime series to be focused on the fact that it's characters (male or female) are cute/hot/pretty/whatever.
where's then fun in that?

n e way, the first episode was really cool, even though my computer is crappy and the show skips about 30 frames/second sometimes....when does the show air again?
Old 2004-01-16, 16:52   Link #40
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I like the first episode so far. Its cute, especially that Mone girl. Seems like its gonna be another one of those 1 guy with lata girls around him type, which I kinda enjoy anyways.