AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-18, 08:40   Link #21
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Is there a date of release for an English version of "Mabinogi Heroes"? Since it's on Valve's Source Engine, ME WANT factor is high.
Mabinogi is also running on Valve's Source Engine I think. Heroes just has a much more modified version... But there is no known release date. It's not even out in Korea yet.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:20   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
You're an ex-UO player too? This aspect was the most addicting part of UO, and it's something that you don't really see in modern MMORPGs anymore: being able to do things besides fighting-related activities. It was terribly addictive.

I like the art style quite a bit (reminds me of Yogurting, just a bit snazzier) and I'm pleased to see that they're incorporating the "fantasy life" aspect. I promised myself that after UO I'd never touch another MMORPG like it again. Good thing this game requires DirectX 9.0c and I'm using a Mac these days, otherwise I might've had a hard time keeping that promise
I'm messing a bit with Mabinogi, DOMO, and a new starter called ASDASTORY.

They each seem to have advantages and disadvantages .... but Mahinogi's non-violent career tracks are.. yeah, very addictive.
Old 2010-06-23, 09:09   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Vindictus

Also known as Mabinogi Heroes.

Category: Free To Play, Action MMO
Theme: Celtic, Iron Age, Fantasy

Interview,

Here's a raid boss. The character is the girl with the staff. She has a nice dress, doesn't she. Try jumping forward 2min or so to see what happens to that nice dress.

Here's a tougher raid boss.

Character creation is nice of course.

Old 2010-06-24, 00:45   Link #24
Xion Valkyrie

Isn't this already out in Korea? They need to hurry up with the localization =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 00:52   Link #25
SageGaiGar
You are Next

ol' reliable... Wiki.. states that it should be here around Q4 2010... around October-December.
Old 2010-06-24, 06:29   Link #26
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

This thread REALLY should start with Felix's post to avoid confusion. All of the posts before his talk about Mabinogi: Fantasy Life, and NOT Mabinogi: Heroes/Vindictus. I just hope he wasn't banned because mods thought that he was making a duplicate thread.

Anyway, I'm really extremely excited for this game. I just hope the token system isn't brought over from the Korean version. Right now, in Korea, you can only enter dungeons using tokens, which you only get a set amount of weekly. This really hurts anyone who's a hardcore gamer that enjoys his/her daily online gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Mabinogi is also running on Valve's Source Engine I think. Heroes just has a much more modified version... But there is no known release date. It's not even out in Korea yet.
The original Mabinogi is DEFINITELY NOT running on the Source engine, not even any early version or similar form of it. The Source engine is all about physics, which includes gravity realistically being acted upon every object in-game, objects visually and virtually breaking into pieces, none of which really happen in Mabinogi. They do happen in Mabinogi: Heroes/Vindictus where wooden watchtowers can be destroyed and toppled over, where enemies can be thrown through wooden gates that split into pieces, and where giant stone pillars in the environment can be PICKED UP AND USED TO HIT THINGS WITH.

Last edited by Kagedanji; 2010-06-24 at 07:28.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:50   Link #27
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Downloading the beta now. And I don't even have a beta key.
Old 2010-08-11, 12:15   Link #28
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Darn totally forgot about it!
Old 2010-08-11, 23:00   Link #29
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagedanji View Post
downloading the beta now. And i don't even have a beta key.
details! :d
Old 2010-08-11, 23:01   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Downloading the beta now. And I don't even have a beta key.
Wait a minute.. Your downloading the beta without even holding a beta key? Is that even possible (thinking their were certain hack-alterations involved)

(Wants to know even if their is hack-alterations involved) (wanting to try beta)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 07:55   Link #31
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Wait a minute.. Your downloading the beta without even holding a beta key? Is that even possible (thinking their were certain hack-alterations involved)

(Wants to know even if their is hack-alterations involved) (wanting to try beta)
Anyone can download it, you just can't get in. Closed betas are a period of crashes and frustration with little merit after the character wipe
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:33   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Anyone can download it, you just can't get in. Closed betas are a period of crashes and frustration with little merit after the character wipe
Yeah, given there is no generous beta key giveaway, and how I managed to survive the urge to get the Korean government pissed at me for this long, I think I'm just going wait for the open beta.

Any beta schedule info?
Old 2010-08-12, 09:31   Link #33
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Any beta schedule info?
Closed beta ends the 24th of this month, no news on open @_@ I was trying to decide whether to choose Fiona and Evie (I prefer girl characters now as they give you something nice to look at), but that's before I found out about the token system. Guess I can just make both and play with the other once one runs out of tokens
Old 2010-08-12, 10:04   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Let me guess token = extra exp for X amount of time per day?
Old 2010-08-12, 11:00   Link #35
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Let me guess token = extra exp for X amount of time per day?
Token = Koreans need sleep too. South Korean MMOers are hardcore 18h/day players so they've limited the amount of playing time you can clock in in some games. I recently read this on a review site (steparu), but in Mabinogi Heroes (vindictus) Korea they get max 60 tokens (normal 50 + 10 if u help low levels party or revive teammates). It costs 2 tokens to go onto a dungeon past the newbie one, and then it costs more if u do the same dungeon more than seven times, meaning around 30 dungeon runs per 60 tokens. The tokens reset Friday and Monday (so max 120 a week?). I actually don't hate this as 1. it gives me a reason to take a break and 2. no one can ubergrind their way to the top, thus making casual gamers like myself feel less left behind.

Then again, the hardcore MMOers over here number far less, so who knows if they'll bring the system over. Maybe one of the closed beta players can fill us in @_@

Last edited by Elvin; 2010-08-12 at 12:43. Reason: typo implimented->limited
Old 2010-08-12, 11:16   Link #36
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Token = Koreans need sleep too. South Korean MMOers are hardcore 18h/day players so they've implimented the amount of playing time you can clock in in some games. I recently read this on a review site (steparu), but in Mabinogi Heroes (vindictus) Korea they get max 60 tokens (normal 50 + 10 if u help low levels party or revive teammates). It costs 2 tokens to go onto a dungeon past the newbie one, and then it costs more if u do the same dungeon more than seven times, meaning around 30 dungeon runs per 60 tokens. The tokens reset Friday and Monday (so max 120 a week?). I actually don't hate this as 1. it gives me a reason to take a break and 2. no one can ubergrind their way to the top, thus making casual gamers like myself feel less left behind.

Then again, the hardcore MMOers over here number far less, so who knows if they'll bring the system over. Maybe one of the closed beta players can fill us in @_@
Players here are just as hardcore. When Aion came out, I think I clocked at about 80 hours a week for the first 2 weeks (school barely started, only 2 classes, etc). However, there are were a number of people who played even more than me, and they kept it up until January, when the game started dying off.
Old 2010-08-12, 11:39   Link #37
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Token = Koreans need sleep too. South Korean MMOers are hardcore 18h/day players so they've implimented the amount of playing time you can clock in in some games. I recently read this on a review site (steparu), but in Mabinogi Heroes (vindictus) Korea they get max 60 tokens (normal 50 + 10 if u help low levels party or revive teammates). It costs 2 tokens to go onto a dungeon past the newbie one, and then it costs more if u do the same dungeon more than seven times, meaning around 30 dungeon runs per 60 tokens. The tokens reset Friday and Monday (so max 120 a week?). I actually don't hate this as 1. it gives me a reason to take a break and 2. no one can ubergrind their way to the top, thus making casual gamers like myself feel less left behind.

Well in LaTale when I was playing it takes 2 months for casual players to reach level 80 (2nd class) and that's with cash shop exp stuff. Some... don't make it. At the start of the EU beta though we didn't have no cash shop (heck no guild either), still me and my grind h00re buddies did it in a week. I even did it on fire wizzard of all classes. Believe it or not that was the healer route, lol.

I think the biggest challenge is going to be picking the right class. If I end up playing more then one character I think I will just end up dropping it. That always happens when I create character herds -- it's like a repetitive pattern.

Is someone from here in? Which character archtype is not useless in this game (and I mean later on in the game too), out of: healer, tank, dps. I ask because some games just have some classes for the sake of having them and nothing more.
Old 2010-08-12, 12:52   Link #38
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Players here are just as hardcore..
I didn't say we were less harcore, I said our hardcore gamers are less in number.
Old 2010-08-12, 15:18   Link #39
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I didn't say we were less harcore, I said our hardcore gamers are less in number.
Haha, that's so true.
Old 2010-08-22, 15:32   Link #40
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So much for indecision on what to play. Fingers crossed on Evy appearing in OB.

Tags
action, mmorpg