AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 19:50   Link #2061
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well if we do have a second season, Mai nakahara MUST voice Chris!
I'll second that ^^!
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:09   Link #2062
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 11 was very good. Not too over the top. And the maid outfits, although strange, were awesome. <3 Sera.

And to have one more episode to return to the normal fun is great. And to make it the swimsuit episode, awesome.

How does Eu talk now though? I am confused on that...
Old 2011-03-29, 20:13   Link #2063
winkel

Because apparently now her words were never dangerous and are not supposed to be dangerous if they're happy.

Or at least, that's what everyone has been telling me so far in this thread.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:21   Link #2064
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

did anyone else notice the last two episodes (10/11) being a bit gray and down? 11 has the Tokyo tower (and a bit of its destruction,) the entire town under attack by KotN, everyone coming together, and the sun in the end... How much of these eps were written or done after the earthquake/tsunami? I think it had a really good vibe to it...
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:23   Link #2065
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
did anyone else notice the last two episodes (10/11) being a bit gray and down? 11 has the Tokyo tower (and a bit of its destruction,) the entire town under attack by KotN, everyone coming together, and the sun in the end... How much of these eps were written or done after the earthquake/tsunami? I think it had a really good vibe to it...
To me, i thought it was a reflection of KOTN's view of the world, once his beliefs changed, we start to see the colourful sunset.

Great use of symbolism imo.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:30   Link #2066
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Because apparently now her words were never dangerous and are not supposed to be dangerous if they're happy.

Or at least, that's what everyone has been telling me so far in this thread.
I'll explain again just for you. Her words have the capability to alter reality by whatever she says. So if she says "Die" anyone hearing it will die. She also has to actually have some conviction behind the words she says though like during the fight with Kyoko, she was really trying to get rid of her to protect Ayumu and the group. Her armor limits her powers to a degree to make them more controllable and not random as it would be without them. It's not foolproof though so she still limits her speaking to be safe. At the end she was talking because she accepted Ayumu's feelings that he will take care of her and change her fate. Also I saw that she still used the note pad before the end instead of speaking so it's not like she is now going to be talking all the time.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:45   Link #2067
winkel

That still doesn't make sense why she would talk then out of all the other times she's had talks with him. She uses the notepad and does not talk at all for a reason.

Now if it was okay for her to talk in small amounts, then they should have established that from thebeginning. If she's talking there because she was being worked up even though her words are still powerfully effective.. then she's being selfish and going against her entire philosophy up until now. The whole entire series up until now emphasized the restraint and difficulties she's placed on herself because of her powers, but conveniently at the end, she is able to put them aside to express her feelings to him. Not to mention a similar thing happened back in the mid series but she still refused to talk back then.

I mean, I'm completely fine if the animators wanted to do it for dramatic effect, but just pointing out at the inconsistency it created.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by before the end... she said "it hurts", he let go, and then Haruna came crashing down.. and then she spoke, and they all became surprised. Then it was the next ep preview and the end message?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:53   Link #2068
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That still doesn't make sense why she would talk then out of all the other times she's had talks with him. She uses the notepad and does not talk at all for a reason.

Now if it was okay for her to talk in small amounts, then they should have established that from thebeginning. If she's talking there because she was being worked up even though her words are still powerfully effective.. then she's being selfish and going against her entire philosophy up until now. The whole entire series up until now emphasized the restraint and difficulties she's placed on herself because of her powers, but conveniently at the end, she is able to put them aside to express her feelings to him. Not to mention a similar thing happened back in the mid series but she still refused to talk back then.

I mean, I'm completely fine if the animators wanted to do it for dramatic effect, but just pointing out at the inconsistency it created.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by before the end... she said "it hurts", he let go, and then Haruna came crashing down.. and then she spoke, and they all became surprised. Then it was the next ep preview and the end message?
No when they were celebrating the swimming trip thing. Also she didn't believe Ayumu would be able to do it back then at ep 4. Now with the Yoruno gone she is willing to believe and trust him. Also she even said in the scene with Ayumu that she was being a little selfish, Ayumu said she was too. You are creating an inconsistency where there really isn't one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-29, 21:44   Link #2069
Dahak86
Classics never age

LoL, after having seen screencaps for ep12, I'm even more baffled at the choice of not having nipples in this anime and leave the censorship in.
but what irks me the most is definitely the choice of not packaging it with some kind of specials/ovas/whatever... such a wondeful potential utterly wasted.
it could've been an incentive to buy too, despite the high price.
Old 2011-03-29, 22:00   Link #2070
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Vampire Maid Orchestra now that some thing to see

I like it that every one peeked
Old 2011-03-29, 23:11   Link #2071
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 12 was pretty good. Haruna and Euu duo > Sera and Sara duo
Euu took off all her armor and wears a nice dress

Is it me or is there some error @ around 22:15?
I see a man walking up the stairs but at 22:20 it's a female with pink hair
I don't see anyone else walking up the stairs and at 22:24 Ayumu is only half way so there's no way she could have walked so fast up to the top of the stairs. Unless ...
Old 2011-03-29, 23:17   Link #2072
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
episode 12 was pretty good. Haruna and Euu duo > Sera and Sara duo
Euu took off all her armor and wears a nice dress

Is it me or is there some error @ around 22:15?
I see a man walking up the stairs but at 22:20 it's a female with pink hair
I don't see anyone else walking up the stairs and at 22:24 Ayumu is only half way so there's no way she could have walked so fast up to the top of the stairs. Unless ...
It's not an error but it has to do with who that is. She plays a role in the later novels. I liked episode 12 for the completely crazy singing antics. Poor Sera got completely dragged into that.

Old 2011-03-29, 23:31   Link #2073
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose the only question I have is what happened to Kyouko? Last we saw she was taken away by the guy who just got annihilated in episode 11. Has she just turned into an unresolved question?

Anyways the last couple episodes were fun. 12 was just hilarious and they definitely avoided seriousness there. I didn't think spotting Saras singing would end up sucking up the rest of the episode as everyone save Yuki went for their debut. Still some nice songs especially with Eu at the end.

Episode 11 was a bit all over the place. They used a Vampire Ninja sympony to stop the megalo which I guess is fine. But Ayumu and the other guy were just throwing powered up punches for a while until Eu just decided to do what the guy had been asking for all along. Was there a point to all of this? If Eu had just done that to begin with then we'd have saved time. Suppose it was important to send a message about Eu's feelings before.

A good end to the series and definitely feels like a season 2 hint. If they decide to make another season I'll definitely be there to watch. It's been a fun show with good characters, action, and humor. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.
Old 2011-03-29, 23:37   Link #2074
AzureWrath

Anyone else feel episode 12 was a bunch of stills thrown together with a little arm movement xD? Still, it was quite funny and very enjoyable. This is probably the area Zombie does it best --- not trying to be serious at all and dropping random events. Nice random bits (who am I kidding...whole episode + more Ayumu service) of fan service for everyone including randoms!

Hope for a season 2
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:51   Link #2075
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for ep12 - gifs and stitches collection:

There couldn't have been better way to say goodbye to this series.
Old 2011-03-30, 00:21   Link #2076
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 00:29   Link #2077
Sekirei07

Anti-climatic?

The hell are you talking about. It built up exactly how it said it was going to build up. It said this episode was to be a fan service episode and it delivered that. Calling it anti-climatic doesnt fit because if what it is trying to build up to falls through at the end, that is anti-climatic.
Old 2011-03-30, 00:46   Link #2078
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's stuff like this last episode that just makes me wonder "why?"

First of all, you devote the ENTIRE final episode to nothing but sexual fanservice and song numbers when you COULD have WISELY spent it doing something WORTHWHILE with the plot of the series, like maybe filling in some holes and make the pacing a little less rushed and give it an actual emotionally impactive ending. Though I suppose it's just cause I really could care less about such things, so I'm obviously not going to find it great. (Also if you wanna have a "metal" themed idol, how about actually having them actually sing a metal song?)

Also I usually do find randomness funny, but this episode was doing it wrong cause I didn't laugh even once. It's pretty sad when your episode that isn't supposed to be taken seriously isn't even entertaining.

The ONE good thing I liked through all of this episode was Ayumu's rational thinking and sensibleness. I really want to brofist him for it, t'was just marvelous.

This episode didn't bring the series down with it though. Can't really blame it if the worst episode wasn't even originally part of the series. Shame it had to get such a bad adaptation though.
Old 2011-03-30, 00:50   Link #2079
Knightrunner

Wow, I didn't know talking can be such a pain.

This was a hilarious episode.
Old 2011-03-30, 01:18   Link #2080
msg

I'm having so much fun blast watching that last episode.Lol all the way from the begining to the end.What a way to end this series.Fan service galore

..and Yay more Saras.

never expected Kurisu at the end there.......second season?.
and poor mr anderson got relegated to an intermission section of the anime

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen