AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 328
091 - 100: Amazing... 11 44.00%
081 - 090: Great... 4 16.00%
071 - 080: Very Good... 6 24.00%
061 - 070: Good... 2 8.00%
051 - 060: Average... 1 4.00%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Best thing about this episode is that it's over 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-28, 12:40   Link #1
sayde

Bleach Episode 328 Discussion Thread [Anime-Only]

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread.
  • Bleach Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Bleach Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Defeat Kageroza! Shinigami, All-Out War! - 影狼佐を倒せ!死神、総力戦! ~ Kageroza o taose! Shinigami, sōryokusen!

Next episode:

The Forbidden Research...Nozomi's Hidden Secret! - 禁断の研究…望実に隠された秘密! ~ Kindan no kenkyū...Nozomi ni kakusa reta hitmitsu!.

highlights:
Spoiler for episode 328:
So yeah...Having seen both Kido action and swordplay from her, I can die a happy man now.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-06-28 at 13:12.
Old 2011-06-28, 13:08   Link #2
Lunarskylar

=) ty

so.... who else had a joygasm from the taicho team battle? can the story maker and fight choreographer get a raise? (and maybe even kubo's job)
Old 2011-06-28, 13:18   Link #3
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

yes, def some swordplay from unohana

and then the pwn there at the end by mr creepo himself
Old 2011-06-28, 13:21   Link #4
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
=) ty

so.... who else had a joygasm from the taicho team battle? can the story maker and fight choreographer get a raise? (and maybe even kubo's job)
I won't disagree with that. This filler arc is slowly but surely becoming the 2nd best arc to me due to the animation quality of the fight scenes on top of the large amount of Captain vs Captain match-ups. Unohana getting some well deserved and well animated action in both kido and swordplay also makes this arc extra special for me.

It's almost like Bleach's poor ratings from the deicide arc got the anime team into pouring as much of the budget as they can into the filler arc to save the series. lol j/k
It's probably more as if they got money left over from all the money they didn't spend on the previous arc.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-06-28 at 14:31.
Old 2011-06-28, 13:43   Link #5
Lunarskylar

^agreed

The only thing I didn't like about the free-for-all is the fact that Ukitake and Kyoraku seem to disappear (you only really notice it if you watch it's glory over and over)
But all they really do is attack Reigai-Unohana, (because she's so badass they both need to take her on) then they disappear, even for the grand finale (even on the reigai side they disappear as well)

this makes me wonder though.... if they and unohana are there, did yamamoto fail? or are they copies :S

its hard to believe that they survived yama-jii's last attack because the reigai don't seem to have the endurance that the originals have, especially byakuya -___- killed hitsugaya, then himself, and still has the energy to bankai and contain 5 taicho
Goddamn
Old 2011-06-28, 14:03   Link #6
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
^agreed

The only thing I didn't like about the free-for-all is the fact that Ukitake and Kyoraku seem to disappear (you only really notice it if you watch it's glory over and over)
But all they really do is attack Reigai-Unohana, (because she's so badass they both need to take her on) then they disappear, even for the grand finale (even on the reigai side they disappear as well)
Good point. I honestly didn't notice thanks to all the other eye candy I was too caught up noticing instead.

Quote:
this makes me wonder though.... if they and unohana are there, did yamamoto fail? or are they copies :S

its hard to believe that they survived yama-jii's last attack because the reigai don't seem to have the endurance that the originals have, especially byakuya -___- killed hitsugaya, then himself, and still has the energy to bankai and contain 5 taicho
Goddamn
Well in the regai's defense, endurance might not have been as much of an issue with reigai Unohana spamming full-cure kido to no end. lol
We also don't know for sure if Yamamoto was even able to finish the attack since they cut away from it before the end of the battle. But if he did get a chance to finish it, maybe the reigai's took shelter inside Unohana's shikai? (as funny as that sounds) But seriously, I've no clue.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:07   Link #7
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Kageroza vs. Kenpachi and Hitsugaya seems to break the laws of Bleach-physics - they're not supposed to be able to air walk in Soul Society due to the spiritual particle density (that's why Ichigo needed Yoruichi's flying device thingy) yet they have a mid-air battle with no discernible problems
Old 2011-06-28, 14:16   Link #8
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Kageroza vs. Kenpachi and Hitsugaya seems to break the laws of Bleach-physics - they're not supposed to be able to air walk in Soul Society due to the spiritual particle density (that's why Ichigo needed Yoruichi's flying device thingy) yet they have a mid-air battle with no discernible problems
^^it was only for a brief moment--Just long enough for Kageroza to miss Kenpachi and to avoid Hitsugaya's counter. Ichigo raped gravity more back when he used his bankai to fend of Byakuya's attacks during the SS arc.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:25   Link #9
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^it was only for a brief moment--Just long enough for Kageroza to miss Kenpachi and to avoid Hitsugaya's counter. Ichigo raped gravity more back when he used his bankai to fend of Byakuya's attacks during the SS arc.
But he's Ichigo - breaking the rules for the sake of the plot is Zangetsu's actual ability - Kageroza looked like he was just standing there (although that could have been due to his clone/whatever nature)

On another note, there was still no omake - have they given up with them?
Old 2011-06-28, 14:28   Link #10
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
But he's Ichigo - breaking the rules for the sake of the plot is Zangetsu's actual ability
That's not fair. How do you expect me to argue with that?
Old 2011-06-28, 15:39   Link #11
Fran~
floating away...

Kageroza, you mad?: Kurotsuchi > You

Fantastic team work there... i must agree that this is a very entertaining filler arc.
Old 2011-06-28, 16:29   Link #12
Lunarskylar

sometimes i think the bleach animators are readers of the manga too... with the same qualms we have

LIke the kido cancelling move, always wondered why no one everrrr used it... again... ever

Unohana getting kicked is the FIRST TIME SHE'S EVER BEEN INJURED D:

I also really appreciate hitsugaya's genius in analysing kageroza's zanpakutou, without him blatently (for the most part) explaining its ability)

And the little quip between kageroza and yoruichi, omg this might be my favourite ep of bleach of all time
Old 2011-06-28, 16:50   Link #13
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Damit, I can't believe that bastard sliced my Yoruichi

Ep was really good, wonder if the producers were playin Unreal Tournament prior to this arc, because from the beginning the arc was Team Deathmatch
Old 2011-06-28, 17:20   Link #14
Lumir

This ep was epic! Out of all the scenes in it Byakuya's bankai near the end was the best imo. Did you see the faces on those fake gigais? They were like OH SH!T. The team work of the captains was something I dont think we have ever seen, even in cannon material!

But Kurotsuchi takes the MVP spot of this episode.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:28   Link #15
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Damit, I can't believe that bastard sliced my Yoruichi
That's what she gets for being the first one ever to make us witness the sight of Unohana getting hit
Old 2011-06-28, 17:35   Link #16
Aqua Knight

I say music makes Bleach 10x times better. Besides Kurotsuchi, Byakuya was awesome - killing 2 reigai, blocking reigai's attack. holding other reigais. Though I don't understand how he defeated his reigai.

And yeah animation is awesome. Just look at Kenpachi's face when he attacks Inaba.
Old 2011-06-28, 20:44   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Mayuri is win, i dare anyone to disprove me..
Old 2011-06-28, 21:46   Link #18
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
I must commend the "filler team" for putting up this awesome work. For the first time in a very long time I am enjoying Bleach greatly, and instead of just watching the newest episodes when I can be bothered to (usually just skipping through them quickly) I am now looking forward to each new episode as they are released.

The storyline, while not very original in terms of the bad guy's plot (I want more control/power/whatever), is pretty solid. Kageroza is working well as the main villain; I very much like how he's not all about power, and more about fighting smart. I love it how he's clearly losing whenever he tries to win a battle with power (as show when he sweats like crazy during his melee with Zaraki).

In my opinion, there's been too much "power" in Bleach as of late, and less "intelligence". I was very disappointed when Aizen, who was a villain who seemed to be all about deception and wits, turned into a DBZ powerhouse (we didn't even get to see his bankai, because they scrapped the entire thing about hypnosis in the end). To me, Kageroza is a breath of fresh air, this is how you build a villain.

The ending with all the captains were absolutely epic. Battles with multiple persons have always been something Bleach has been terrible at. When it’s more than two people fighting amongst each other it usually seems like no one can get attacks in because they’re all waiting for their turn. The ending battle here however, we saw the captains coordinating their moves and rapidly attacking each other from both sides. It was high-packed, high-quality action that truly felt like an epic battle.

It’s hilarious how filler is suddenly more entertaining than the manga-material has been for months (talking pre-Aizen ofc). I’m not sure what on earth is happening, but I hope it’s going to continue. Something tells me a lot of money is poured into this arc however, and that we’re going to suffer the backlash effects from it very soon, let’s pray this isn’t the case.
Old 2011-06-28, 23:21   Link #19
Lunarskylar

im wondering how mayuri did his switch
i'm guessing since reigai's are the bodies, he just put his own soul inside his clone's reigai
cuz his eyes are the creepy still

but if anyone notices... mayuri is the one holding hitsugaya down when kageroza jumps up
how did he shunpo behind kageroza so quickly and stealthy without kageroza noticing at all or going "why did one of my reigai just disappear?"
then again i don't really care xD

this teamwork ep reminds me of a better version of all the taicho vs aizen... was kinda expecting kageroza to turn into hinamori

** oh can someone make a Yoruichix SoiFon Shunko+Hanki SoSai avatar from this ep?
Old 2011-06-28, 23:49   Link #20
Eragon
Still Alive

Great episode. Mayuri's character has been getting quite 'comic', since the arrancar arc, in the sense that the situations he finds himself in always seem to make you smile or laugh. If not for Mayuri, Byakuya would have been the star of this episode in my opinion. I mean really, killing two regai's and still having enough in the tank to take the fight to the remaining regai's, the only other person I know who can pull that off is Kenpachi.