AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 09:50   Link #181
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The tone of the two shows is vastly different. With K-On!, the show was meant to be comedic and light from the very first scene. Natsukise started off dramatically and, while it has light moments, it continues that feeling. Realism has nothing to do with the different receptions.
Agreed.

People can say what they will about it, but K-On! had impressive tonal consistency.
Old 2012-04-14, 10:55   Link #182
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And that's the thing. It's like these two episodes were from two entirely different anime shows. That's how it felt to me, anyway. Neither episode is bad in a vacuum, but together they gave me a sense of extreme tonal inconsistency, almost on the level of MajiKoi's first two episodes.
I would just like to say that I felt completely the opposite. When I watched episode two it felt like a perfect follow up to episode one. It hit exactly the right mood, and was very clearly another episode of Natsuiro Kiseki, just like the first one.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:21   Link #183
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I would just like to say that I felt completely the opposite. When I watched episode two it felt like a perfect follow up to episode one. It hit exactly the right mood, and was very clearly another episode of Natsuiro Kiseki, just like the first one.
Same here, both eps here felt the same to me, in tune with each other giving the same feeling overall.
Even if I did consider them 2 different kinda episodes they would hardly be as obvious as say Majikoi or other shows that follow that theme.

Really quite like this series, I wasn't expecting the magical side of things but it was a nice surprise.
Some rather fun magical mischief to be had

I notice that Saki isn't quite favored, which I can understand but have to say she is my favorite of the girls.
Altho thats probably just the very simple reason of the fact she's voiced by Takagaki Ayahi, one of my more favorite VA.
Even more so than my beloved Kotobuki Minako!
Well not only is Sphere here but Sawashiro Miyuki as well!
Old 2012-04-14, 11:27   Link #184
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But I'm not yet prepared to drag out the dreaded "Identity Crisis" criticism. I'll give this anime at least another episode or two before I consider that. .
Beforehand I'd just like to say that I don't find the change of tone that big though there definatly was no crying this episode,but even if I accept there's a big change what I don't get is that I think it's likely that if things had been inversed (first episode more comedic,second episode more dramatic) this wouldn't be an issue.
People have no issues with a light comedic show becoming more dramatic,sometimes it's even expected and welcomed, however if the reverse happens people can't take it.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:50   Link #185
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was better than the first episode, but I still don't what the show is trying to be. I hope it's more comedic type than drama. The yuri stuff was just hilarious. So a witch hunt episode next week?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 13:25   Link #186
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppose we'll have to wait another episode or two.... strangely enough, the dissonance between the two episodes had me thinking of the first two episodes of Haruhi's original season. I just flagged it as "more information required before I have an opinion". Of course, with SHnY it took 5 episodes before the general scope was clear.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:32   Link #187
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Surprised by some of the comments here. If there was any sort of dissonance between the two episodes then I didn't see it. What I did see was a vast improvement though. Episode 1 nearly bored the crap out of me but episode 2 made me start liking the characters more. My only problem was the fact that they dragged out the chase scene for far too long.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:31   Link #188
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 1 nearly bored the crap out of me but episode 2 made me start liking the characters more.
That's pretty much exactly what I came here to say.

The first episode I just found abysmally boring and bland, but the second episode had a great deal of energy to it; it was anything but boring. The characters began to grow on me, and I concur with those who have said that this is one that'll take at least a couple of more episodes to judge. It could really go either way for me at this point, since there's a lot of things that feel stock about this series. It'll all come down to the details and execution.
Old 2012-04-15, 17:34   Link #189
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Newtype:
Old 2012-04-15, 21:35   Link #190
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A wish run amok and wow those 2 can really work together
Old 2012-04-17, 06:33   Link #191
Kitsu Breaker

Sunrise make pretty easy to take of context the scene between Saki and Natsumi, I hope they kiss to end this subtext

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:20   Link #192
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 01
Ah, today I wanted to make it a non-intensive anime day, and Natsuiro Kiseki was actually a good choice to start with. I'll be honest, I had no idea what I was getting into, I mean the green uniforms are fabulous, but there's no ponytails, or twintails, and yet I was drawn to.... Saki's pantyhose legs I don't know how to explain it, I actually fell for this girl love at first sight, that scowl on her face, and that rebellious attitude....make me want to spank her like friendly, loving caring spanking kind of way

And then I heard it: these girls are middle schoolers.

*sirens* *door gets breached* INTERPOL, DOWN ON THE FLOOR NOW

Hey, it's not my fault , alright I seriously thought these were high schoolers, call me poisoned by all the high school anime after all these years, but I swear that's what I thought

And despite my corrupted state of mind, I actually noticed.... there's a green haired girl that doesn't have short hair! Whoohoo! Yuka finally breaks the sterotype of green colored, short haired girls that have invaded anime, ah what a cute girl.... ah, I know, I know, I must wait just a few more years....

Ahem, anyways, my delusions aside, I love the premise. Well, I honestly don't know what the premise is, but I think the premise is a big rock will grant your wishes, and four girls go on a quest to prove this rock right. Darn, makes me wish I was a giant boulder, where girls can put their hands on me and wish to their hearts content..... And when they went flying, why didn't we get a ground up view, gyaah the panchira I could have seen is lost in the discarded film reel

Episode 02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 2, oh boy.

Oh my goodness, even without yuri goggles, I have to admit seeing two girls do a crotch-kiss is rather hot

Hey Natsumi, cute bra! Is that a red ribbon I see? Yes it is! Wait i can't see it clearly, stop motorboating her, Saki-chan! I must s- *mangatron gets a ful lbody tackle from Rin*

And that Yuusuke kid, stop ogling my Saki-chan damnit. Get your four eyes offa her....eh, his 4 eyes versus my 1, why do I feel so defeated

Like another viewer here, I didn't think the chase scene would be that long. Yuka nearly fainted! Didn't the director see how tired she was? Give her a rest already! If I was the producer, within 2 minutes of the chase I would have made all the girls run straight into the beach and splash down! AndHowBigIsThatTownAnyways,SakiAndNatsumiLookLikeT heyCouldHaveWonA3LeggedRaceMarathon.AndHowDidThese GirlsRunThatLongWithoutHydratingOrTakingaRestroomB reak,WhoeverFilmedThisEpisodeHadNoCareAboutTheseYo ungGirls'Health!IsayFireTheFilmCrewAndProductionSt aff,TheyWereEndageringTheGirls'Lives! /speedtalk rant

Ahem, even after this episode 2, I still don't know what the premise is. All I know is that 4 girls are going to grope that giant rock like there's no tomorrow, and I actually feel like watching that for 13 eps

BUT NOOOOOOOooooo don't make Saki-chan move away, only 4 girls can grope that rock, no less and, well, maybe more is better, but they can't have this series go on without Saki-chan! Don't move awayyyyy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Mangatron, disturbing your mindesince Dec 2010.
This forum is such a nice place I say, I honestly don't feel like going anywhere else. I've tried, too
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:59   Link #193
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
And that Yuusuke kid, stop ogling my Saki-chan damnit. Get your four eyes offa her....eh, his 4 eyes versus my 1, why do I feel so defeated
Your Saki-chan!? You both stop ogling Natsumi's Saki!! Remember, she got a magic rock and isnt afraid to using it!!

While I still have no idea of what the show its really about, I like it. The second episode was pretty funny. And with plenty of yuri subtext... Saten the Second and Rinko are so cute together.

And speaking of subtext...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker
Sunrise make pretty easy to take of context the scene between Saki and Natsumi, I hope they kiss to end this subtext
Aymeeeen to that! Im bored of subtext. I want text!! Give me text!!!
Old 2012-04-19, 13:19   Link #194
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - ep 2 was a refreshing change for me. The characters seemed to "calm down" and "human up" a little. Kinda nice. I will double check with ep 3, but it looks like the series is calming down a little and looks to be the sort of thing I was initially hoping for.
Old 2012-04-19, 14:30   Link #195
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I felt a great disturbance in the yuri, as if thousands of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2012-04-19, 14:36   Link #196
Random Wanderer

No males allowed in my show about girls! *shoots him*
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 14:56   Link #197
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Taking a wild stab here but by any chance is he the one voiced by Miyano Mamoru-chan?
Cause then I'll have to step up and defend him!
If not then have at
Old 2012-04-19, 15:28   Link #198
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
I felt a great disturbance in the yuri, as if thousands of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Spoiler for ep3:
Yes! Sunrise is just subtly fucking with peoples expectations again.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 16:16   Link #199
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Taking a wild stab here but by any chance is he the one voiced by Miyano Mamoru-chan?
Cause then I'll have to step up and defend him!
If not then have at
>佐野 貴史 :宮野 真守
Yeah sempai is indeed voiced by Miyano Mamoru. No mistake when that guy speaks.

Last edited by Kagura89; 2012-04-19 at 16:43.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:01   Link #200
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

Spoiler for ep3:
Good lord what
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural