AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 47 38.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 15.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-05, 02:22   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Fate/Zero - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.

Enforced rules:
Failing to abide to spoiler guidelines will now lead to a 1 day ban along with the appropriate warning/infraction.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-05-05 at 04:55.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:49   Link #2
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Wtf...

Fate/Zombie

The episode is really jarring compared to the rest of the series. It's like I'm delving into the tsukihime universe more than the fate one.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:17   Link #3
rainz
original vampire

Goodbye Shirley, you were pretty damn cute. ....why the heck would you drink the crazy untested medicine, though? Shouldn't you at least test with an animal (say, chicken?) first?
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:18   Link #4
Horse

Fate/zero: pulling shit out of its ass.

The backgrounds and colors were pretty though.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:28   Link #5
DakkerDB

Well, damn...
There's no way my Fate/Zero is this much of a zombie anime.

A pretty entertaining episode, but pretty damn jarring seeing Kiritsugu as a cheerful young boy. And the sudden murder of his own father. I wonder if that was caused by a wish to do the world good, or was it, more likely, from a wish of vengeance for what his dad's research did to Shirley? Any novel readers care to clarify this one?
DakkerDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:31   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Was that Cornelius Alba?

Anyway, good episode. I've always liked how a lot of the stuff frt the Nasuverse is intrinsically well connected and complements each other. At least when it's not contradicting itself.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:38   Link #7
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Was that Cornelius Alba?

Anyway, good episode. I've always liked how a lot of the stuff frt the Nasuverse is intrinsically well connected and complements each other. At least when it's not contradicting itself.

Looks like it. I don't remember anything in the novel about Alba being there, but whenever Type-Moon does an anime, they tend to add a little bit to canon so who knows.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:39   Link #8
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkerDB View Post
Well, damn...

A pretty entertaining episode, but pretty damn jarring seeing Kiritsugu as a cheerful young boy. And the sudden murder of his own father. I wonder if that was caused by a wish to do the world good, or was it, more likely, from a wish of vengeance for what his dad's research did to Shirley? Any novel readers care to clarify this one?
Its more of him being unable to have the guts to kill Shirley thus causing the the disaster and the involvement of two organizations. He felt that he could have prevented all that if he just killed one person. Thus he resolved to kill his father to stop future incidents.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:40   Link #9
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkerDB View Post
Well, damn...

Watching this episode, I feel it's a manipulation on the part of Natalie. She may have said "this isn't something for a kid to do" but she was the one who sent Kiritsugu in.

Kiritsugu was the type to take decisive action after deciding to (jumping off the higher rock) and he was in a state of fear and confusion at that point. It really seems to me that Natalie took advantage of this.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:40   Link #10
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Good episode. It was sad seeing how Sherry turned into a Dead Apostle and then transformed the entire village into zombie... sorry, vampires.

Somehow I even felt bad when Kerry killed his father. But this makes me wonder, did he kill his father for become a hero or was it for vengeance?
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:41   Link #11
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post

Er..what?

Dead Apostles actually already established in the universe. All of Nasu's works are all lied in the the same universe, meaning Tsukihime and Fate/Zero are in the same universe, so it's not surprising if Dead Apostles appeared in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Was that Cornelius Alba?
Maybe it is. Actually I thought he looks like Kayneth but I know it's impossible that's him
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:42   Link #12
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Good episode. It was seeing how Sherry turned into a Dead Apostle and then transformed the entire village into zombie... sorry, vampires.

Somehow I even felt bad when Kerry killed his father. But this makes me wonder, did he kill his father for become a hero or was it for vengeance?
see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
Its more of him being unable to have the guts to kill Shirley thus causing the the disaster and the involvement of two organizations. He felt that he could have prevented all that if he just killed one person. Thus he resolved to kill his father to stop future incidents.
Its the start of what let him on kill 1 to save 100 path.
Old 2012-05-05, 11:46   Link #13
LunarMoon

Holy crap...that was amazing. I actually think they produced this episode more effectively than it was portrayed in the novel. Far more effectively, in fact, since they ended up dedicating more time to setting things and up and developing the inhabitants of the island. On top of that, there were references to Tsukihime, a cameo from a Kara no Kyoukai character, and an ending song used, specifically, for this particular episode. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Ufotable adapts the next episode's content.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:55   Link #14
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

"Kerytugu" Shirley had me laughing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
Holy crap...that was amazing. I actually think they produced this episode more effictively than it was portrayed in the novel. Far more effectively, in fact, since they ended up dedicating more time to setting things and up and developing the inhabitants of the island.
Agreed, I felt kind of weird reading it in the novel since it came out of nowhere like it did. Though the way it was adapted in this ep. was far more enjoyable.
Can't wait for next ep. To see Kiritsugu being shaped into his Magus Killer role...

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2012-05-05 at 11:58. Reason: nevermind about that last part
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 12:07   Link #15
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Dead Apostle a vampire that has its own free will and intelligence? The zombie-like villagers are closer to the Dead or something.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 12:09   Link #16
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Dead Apostle a vampire that has its own free will and intelligence? The zombie-like villagers are closer to the Dead or something.
Well they do have the potential to become a full fledged vampires. Before that, they have to go through several stages. Shirley probably went directly to the last stage due to the effects of magic.

from Fuyuki wiki:
Quote:
Ghoul

屍食鬼 - Shishokuki

Corpse eater. If a Dead Apostle leaves its own blood in the corpse of its victim, that person won't be able to completely die. The brain of the corpse of the victim, unable to completely die, after several years in the graveyard, will rot and its soul will be completely fixed to the corpse. This is when the corpse becomes a ghoul. One in a hundred, but depending on the potential of the body, there will be leaps and bounds (rare ones though).

Living Dead

リビングデッド - Living Dead

A ghoul that restores its decayed body after eating the flesh of other corpses to replenish its flesh. Weaker than the familiars of vampires, but possessing a mind of their own and their own soul puts them on a different level than a mere puppet.

Vampire

吸血鬼 - Kyuuketsuki
One of the living dead that regains its human intelligence after some several years. 1 out of 10,000. Kill the father that was the Dead Apostle, and the vampire moves up into that place.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:09   Link #17
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So we learned about Kerry's past. That certainly explains alot.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:23   Link #18
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
Well they do have the potential to become a full fledged vampires. Before that, they have to go through several stages. Shirley probably went directly to the last stage due to the effects of magic.

from Fuyuki wiki:
Well, that and the fact that she was naturally talented, which is probably why Noritaka chose her for his research. Individuals with enough magical talent can skip over the mindless ghoul stage and become full-fledged vampires. It's just that they happen to be extremely rare.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:24   Link #19
Key Board
Carbon

So this is how Kiritsugu became an assassin for Inferno... xd
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:10   Link #20
konart

So Kiritsugu's first gun was TT pistol? Nice