Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 00:50   Link #1281
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
You're welcomed! XD

Yeah, I admit that I'm a HUGE fan of the Mai-Franchise but I agree with most fans that Mai-HiME is indeed better than Mai-Otome! XD
I like Mai otome more, My hime tries to mind fck with you and that's a turn off.
Old 2009-08-26, 00:54   Link #1282
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I like Mai otome more, My hime tries to mind fck with you and that's a turn off.
That's your opinion and I respect it. I'm not saying Mai-Otome is bad though (again, my opinion) I'm just saying that it can't compare to Mai-HiME. Also, Mai makes a better lead character than Arika
Old 2009-08-26, 01:04   Link #1283
ZippyDSM

Quote:
That's your opinion and I respect it. I'm not saying Mai-Otome is bad though (again, my opinion) I'm just saying that it can't compare to Mai-HiME. Also, Mai makes a better lead character than Arika
I dunno one uses a real world school setting and introduces the story elements and what not into it from that direction. The other uses a fantasy world academy setup.

Pacing, characters,situations are "the same but different." Now if you got into the meat of it I feel Otome has a better plot and perhaps better character....er...izations where as Hime might has more polished pacing and story elements but not a really solid plot.

Though I kept waiting for the dark prince and his "de otome'ing"minions to drop in on Otomes world and really start with the plot warping. LOL

I still like the sword loli for hime the most,emo loli in otome is a close 2nd

And damn now I need to rewatch both ><
Old 2009-08-26, 01:05   Link #1284
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I had already forgotten about it, but Mai's avatar and sig made me remember it again; They made me remember My Otome.

As a fan of My HiME, I seriously tried to enjoy it, wich only make me hate the thing even more. The way they keep teasing people with Mai's shadow in the credits was just plain evil. >_<
I think I wouldn't have hated Otome as much if they just made it an entirely new story so it wouldn't have to live up to Hime.

I think the main problem was that the Otome versions of the characters weren't nearly as intruiging as their Hime counterparts-- they almost seem like caricatures and I couldn't take it seriously. Also, it seemed like the series tried to get serious with it's more complex plot, but it just utterly fell flat because of the above.

So yea, I think it would have done ok as its own show. I actually thought the new leads Arika and Nina were ok, but everyone else was kinda just like showing up randomly to do cool stuff and disappearing. -_-

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-26, 01:12   Link #1285
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

As a fan of the franchise I say both are great though Mai-HiME still remains my favourite. But I heard the director saying that he prefers Mai-Otome perhaps because it makes more sales? So that should explain why Mai-Otome spawned an OVA consisting of a four episode sequel and a three episode prequel. I know people who wish that a direct sequel to Mai-HiME should be made instead.
Old 2009-08-26, 01:21   Link #1286
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
As a fan of the franchise I say both are great though Mai-HiME still remains my favourite. But I heard the director saying that he prefers Mai-Otome perhaps because it makes more sales? So that should explain why Mai-Otome spawned an OVA consisting of a four episode sequel and a three episode prequel. I know people who wish that a direct sequel to Mai-HiME should be made instead.
Considering that they've made way more of Otome, I guess it has been selling better.

Oh, and I suppose I worded my last post kind of strong. While I don't like Otome, it's far from the worst anime imo. At least it has a great soundtrack.

Kinda funny though, that the simpler story of HiME offers more depth and impact.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-26, 01:27   Link #1287
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

The whole series is great in my opinion!

And I agree with you on the soundtracks too! With the exception of Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~ since the soundtracks for that OVA weren't done by Yuki Kajiura. I'm not saying its bad but it lacks the feel Yuki Kajiura's scores put into both Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome and Mai-Otome Zwei.
Old 2009-08-26, 01:36   Link #1288
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Ah yes, Yuki Kajiura does some very good work with music. Hah, apparently she also did the soundtrack for .hack sign, a series that I mentioned earlier in this thread that I hate. Well, I assure you it was the excellent music that kept me going.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-26, 01:39   Link #1289
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Ah yes, Yuki Kajiura does some very good work with music. Hah, apparently she also did the soundtrack for .hack sign, a series that I mentioned earlier in this thread that I hate. Well, I assure you it was the excellent music that kept me going.
Her music is awesome! They should have used her soundtracks for Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~

Anyways, we seem to be talking alot on the Mai-Series now are we?
Old 2009-08-26, 01:41   Link #1290
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yes, I'm afraid we're being too positive for this thread.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-26, 01:46   Link #1291
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

True that...

Anyways, as I mentioned before the anime that I really started to hate is Naruto because its way too overrated. I feel that the fans (a.k.a. The Narutards) are overhyping the series making it sound like its the greatest anime there is. I mean, it annoys me whenever I ask someone who like anime which anime he watches he would say Naruto and kept yakking on and on about why its great. But I do know that not all Naruto fans are like that too. In fact, I think ShizNat is getting way too overrated too...
Old 2009-08-26, 01:59   Link #1292
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
True that...

Anyways, as I mentioned before the anime that I really started to hate is Naruto because its way too overrated. I feel that the fans (a.k.a. The Narutards) are overhyping the series making it sound like its the greatest anime there is. I mean, it annoys me whenever I ask someone who like anime which anime he watches he would say Naruto and kept yakking on and on about why its great. But I do know that not all Naruto fans are like that too. In fact, I think ShizNat is getting way too overrated too...
Well, every show has its "tards" I guess. I thought Naruto before Shippuden was ok, nothing particularly offensive. But the newer ones just look absolutely like crap. I usually don't complain about art quality, but man.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-26, 02:05   Link #1293
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Well, every show has its "tards" I guess. I thought Naruto before Shippuden was ok, nothing particularly offensive. But the newer ones just look absolutely like crap. I usually don't complain about art quality, but man.
I have nothing against Naruto, but its after the Narutards started overrating it that I got sick of it. There are people who told me why they think Naruto is good and that is fine by me. But not when people said "Naruto is the best" and not giving reasons. In fact, there are cases where people are overhyping it even before watching the series! Can you believe that? lol
Old 2009-08-26, 02:53   Link #1294
ZippyDSM

Quote:
I think I wouldn't have hated Otome as much if they just made it an entirely new story so it wouldn't have to live up to Hime.

I think the main problem was that the Otome versions of the characters weren't nearly as intruiging as their Hime counterparts-- they almost seem like caricatures and I couldn't take it seriously. Also, it seemed like the series tried to get serious with it's more complex plot, but it just utterly fell flat because of the above.

So yea, I think it would have done ok as its own show. I actually thought the new leads Arika and Nina were ok, but everyone else was kinda just like showing up randomly to do cool stuff and disappearing. -_-
Meh IMO Hime falls apart where as Otome drags on some... .

---------------

About naruto...I dunno the only bad things about naruto are the fillers the rest of it is good, but I would not call it great, There are good points to it bleach and one piece. And bridy decode 2 had much worse art than Naruto shippuden dose.....

Lets see I don't care for EVA and its broken plot and poor attempts at shocking content and anything else that's in that vain of lite depressing story and heavy on the gore/shock.

Though I have to admit....if cleaned up and the last half redone EVA could make for a fairly good series...
Old 2009-08-26, 04:18   Link #1295
CrazyRevy
Don't say Lazy

Send a message via AIM to CrazyRevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Lets see I don't care for EVA and its broken plot and poor attempts at shocking content and anything else that's in that vain of lite depressing story and heavy on the gore/shock.

Though I have to admit....if cleaned up and the last half redone EVA could make for a fairly good series...

I use to agree with you about Eva at first glance it seems like such a thrown together anime but after rewatching it and spending god knows how many hours reading things about EVA it all starts to make sense starts being the key word cause that anime is still on my top 5 of mind F**Ks.

But I can't ever hate it totally with Asuka being in it that just makes the series for me ten times better.

I usually don't hate many animes but there are a select few I find boring or really just bad.

As for Some bad ones I've seen besides the bleach,Naruto,One Piece over explot of eps that drag on the series and make them boring with to many filler arcs. I'd have to say Rave master was done horribley and seeing it on Scifi again makes me weep cause the manga was so good they ruined it.

Also lame works like Hamtaro and SD Gundam OH gosh I don't even know why I mentioned them.
Old 2009-08-26, 12:56   Link #1296
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRevy View Post
I use to agree with you about Eva at first glance it seems like such a thrown together anime but after rewatching it and spending god knows how many hours reading things about EVA it all starts to make sense starts being the key word cause that anime is still on my top 5 of mind F**Ks.

But I can't ever hate it totally with Asuka being in it that just makes the series for me ten times better.

I usually don't hate many animes but there are a select few I find boring or really just bad.

As for Some bad ones I've seen besides the bleach,Naruto,One Piece over explot of eps that drag on the series and make them boring with to many filler arcs. I'd have to say Rave master was done horribley and seeing it on Scifi again makes me weep cause the manga was so good they ruined it.

Also lame works like Hamtaro and SD Gundam OH gosh I don't even know why I mentioned them.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I like hamtaruo......
I know I know I fail LOL

Rave master,Chrono crusade, Shadow of Oblivion(sp?) were so so but I would not call them horrible.

The EVA anime is still bad ,well the last half anyway so is grantz it just dose not compute with me, I found chaos head to be boring.

I guess I also pick on EVA because its so loved...and I am like WTF..... then again people liked the Transformers,cat woman and GI joe films......

I guess the only anime I really hate for story and stuff is hentai 0-o
Old 2009-08-26, 13:59   Link #1297
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRevy View Post
Hamtaro?

I grew up with Hamtaro! Its like death by cuteness!!

Oh well, i respect your opinion
Old 2009-08-26, 15:34   Link #1298
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Lol I find the Japanese version of Hamtaro "tolerable"....but like most kiddy anime brought to America, can't stand the dub.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:41   Link #1299
qwertyuiopz

sola and zettai shonen
its like watching paint dry
Old 2009-08-26, 16:51   Link #1300
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
I have nothing against Naruto, but its after the Narutards started overrating it that I got sick of it. There are people who told me why they think Naruto is good and that is fine by me. But not when people said "Naruto is the best" and not giving reasons. In fact, there are cases where people are overhyping it even before watching the series! Can you believe that? lol
Naruto is definitely overrated, there is no denying that but I don't think it's the worst ever. In fact, if Naruto had no fillers, it becomes quite a solid show to watch.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread