AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-05, 21:54   Link #61
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Since it's still early in the series' production and everyone here seems to be of the opinion that it should not be called "Shadow Warrior Chronicles," why not brainstorm a better name and send a signed petition to ADV?
Old 2006-08-05, 21:57   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

"Dear ADV, if you would be so kind.. please do not change the title of the anime 'Utawarerumono.'

Thank you for your time."

There, i have my draft.. i'll send it. ^^;
Old 2006-08-05, 22:03   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

You guys are just a bit crazy... It'd be hard to mix up the titles, considering they were each announced at two seperate panels. They certainly haven't announced that they're changing the names of the characters, and of course it will air in widescreen - when does ADV ever change that? We've seen shock, denial, bargaining, anger, (light) depression... working on acceptance here... It's just a name.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:04   Link #64
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

... You know what I mean

Frankly, if I were in charge of the project, I wouldn't want to leave it as 'Utawarerumono.' For people who don't speak any (or only superficially speak) Japanese, it's awkward to say and hard to remember. I think a compromise of an English title that agrees with the original Japanese, is easy to remember, and doesn't falsely represent the story would be best for everyone.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:05   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
You guys are just a bit crazy... It'd be hard to mix up the titles, considering they were each announced at two seperate panels. They certainly haven't announced that they're changing the names of the characters, and of course it will air in widescreen - when does ADV ever change that? We've seen shock, denial, bargaining, anger, (light) depression... working on acceptance here... It's just a name.
The name chosen doesn't actually mean anything when it comes to Uta', but with how crazy the name is - we might as well have a lil' fun about it. ^^;
Old 2006-08-05, 22:07   Link #66
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
"It's just a name" doesn't cut it when there's symbolism in the name. Utawarerumono brings both an allusion to musical ideas and legends as well as the image of a revered one. If this naming is indeed official, then it doesn't bode well for the accuracy in ADV's research and translation regarding this series.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:08   Link #67
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
I've got an feeling that Snickers is a big sponsor over there this year.

...Snickers panel probably located next to the ADV panel.
I don't get the Snickers references.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:10   Link #68
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
Maybe there was a guy playing an acoustic guitar and singing songs about the new series being licensed?
Old 2006-08-05, 22:14   Link #69
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Maybe there was a guy playing an acoustic guitar and singing songs about the new series being licensed?

I still don't follow. Are we talking about about the candy bar, or something else?
Old 2006-08-05, 22:16   Link #70
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I still don't follow. Are we talking about about the candy bar, or something else?
I was talking about this guy. What Green was on about, I do not know.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:17   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
"It's just a name" doesn't cut it when there's symbolism in the name. Utawarerumono brings both an allusion to musical ideas and legends as well as the image of a revered one. If this naming is indeed official, then it doesn't bode well for the accuracy in ADV's research and translation regarding this series.
On the contrary, I would suggest that this name was chosen purely for marketing reasons (though we may consider it a lame choice), and makes no attempt to be a translation of the Japanese title whatsoever. With that in mind, I don't think we can draw any conclusions about the quality of their treatment of the show's contents itself.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:25   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
geez you took the words right out of my mouth...exactally how i feel...if they consider to give it a crap name means they dnt even care and just want the $$$

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-05, 22:25   Link #73
LocrEpinS

Nooooo... Just heard about it being licensed 2day >_<.

This sucks bad, first they change the name, then another, much larger blow is dealt when they change the characters names (i think).

To top it off they're gonna DUB!!!! it!!!??? *@&#. I must be having a nightmare... (some1 wake me up..)

Someone plz tell me that this, and every other season is gonna have the same sieyuus? I REALLY hate english voice actors (for animes only), they just ain't cut out for animes imho, they should stick to disney cartoons ^^.

I guess i knew this was coming, with it being so popular....

(note - didn't read ALL earlier posts)

Last edited by LocrEpinS; 2006-08-05 at 22:51.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:29   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocrEpinS
This sucks bad, first they change the name, then another, much larger blow is dealt when they change the characters names (i think).

To top it off they're gonna DUB!!!! it!!!??? *@&#. I must be having a nightmare...

Someone plz tell me that this, and every other season is gonna have the same sieyuus? I REALLY hate english voice actors (for animes only), they just ain't cut out for animes ihmo, they should stick to disney cartoons ^^.
I'm sure the DVDs (like pretty much every other ADV release) will be released with both Japanese and English audio with optional subtitles. The character name change speculation was just made-up.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:33   Link #75
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
& @FatPianoBoy

This is definitely not going anywhere for an while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocrEpinS
Nooooo... Just heard about it being licensed 2day >_<.

To top it off they're gonna DUB!!!! it!!!??? *@&#. I must be having a nightmare...

Someone plz tell me that this, and every other season is gonna have the same sieyuus? I REALLY hate english voice actors (for animes only), they just ain't cut out for animes ihmo, they should stick to disney cartoons ^^.

I guess i knew this was coming, with it being so popular....

(note - didn't read ALL earlier posts)
I heard something earlier about Ray Romano.
Old 2006-08-05, 22:33   Link #76
LocrEpinS

Quote:
I'm sure the DVDs (like pretty much every other ADV release) will be released with both Japanese and English audio with optional subtitles. The character name change speculation was just made-up.
Whew.... ALL i hope for is that they don't change the character's names, the seiyuus, the plot etc. etc. etc.

Even the name change of the anime would be annoying since it took me a few days to remember the name >_< lol and besides, i don't see ANY relevance with the new name.
Sure, the old name was a mouthful but it was good .

Now i have to call it some crappy name that doesn't even mean anything. (the new name causes great degradation on the anime imo).
Old 2006-08-05, 23:03   Link #77
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I was hoping ADV would give the series its 4chan name, Underwater Ray Romano. I'd buy the absolute worse magical girl series ever produced if it was called Underwater Ray Romano. And I'm not even a fan of Ray Romano. I just like the underwater reference.
Old 2006-08-05, 23:05   Link #78
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
I heard something earlier about Ray Romano.
Someone said ADV should have called it Utawa Ray Ramano, or something to that effect. I remember that I lol'd when I imagined Ray voicing Hakuoro
Old 2006-08-05, 23:09   Link #79
ChainLegacy
廉頗

'Shadow Warrior Chronicles' hahahaha... That sounds like the name of an 11 year old CS player or something... If any of you people are set to just 'deal with it,' stop kidding yourselves, that name is not only extremely cheesy, but also one of the worst I've ever heard.
Old 2006-08-05, 23:44   Link #80
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
'Shadow Warrior Chronicles' hahahaha... That sounds like the name of an 11 year old CS player or something... If any of you people are set to just 'deal with it,' stop kidding yourselves, that name is not only extremely cheesy, but also one of the worst I've ever heard.
You got that right, sounds alot like some fps game name/nick.

Does any actually have an idea as to the origins of the "new" name? (maybe some cs player who happens to work there??? lol)
Closed Thread