AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 07:00   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 687 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Full spoilers have been released.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:14   Link #2
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So now we can definitely say that Zoro>Sanji.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:18   Link #3
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

We haven't seen Sanji fight yet, only in the shadow, so lets wait and see. Supposedly they are near each other strengths.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:19   Link #4
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So now we can definitely say that Zoro>Sanji.
Why?

O man, another fanboy..
Old 2012-10-30, 07:29   Link #5
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why?

O man, another fanboy..
Zorro would have beaten Vergo pretty quickly if it wasn't Sanji fighting him.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:37   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Short but nice fight! Letting Tashigi have a go first, then haki cutting Monet to show that he can cut a logia, and finally cutting her in half without haki to terrify her. Awesome display by Zoro.

Oh and shame on Caribou for abandoning Coribou and crew, after they came to save him.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:55   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why?

O man, another fanboy..
I expect Poetic Justice is commenting on the simple fact that half the population of the planet could defeat Sanji simply due to their gender. That is a massive weakness that Zoro does not seem to fully posses.

---

That being said, good chapter. Fight was brief, maybe too brief (I would have liked to see more from Tashigi), but the way Monet was defeated was still fun. Truthfully, Monet was getting a little annoying, so I'm glad she was taken down and now the story can move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Zorro would have beaten Vergo pretty quickly if it wasn't Sanji fighting him.
I stand corrected.

Nothing Zoro did in this chapter indicated any level of strength superior to Sanji beyond Zoro's ability to strike a female opponent.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:11   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad it was confirmed Zoro can use haki because I'm sure there would have been some people to argue it wasn't the case otherwise. So he has a weakness to women too, though it's not as pronounced as Sanji's. He can still cut them down if he absolutely have to. And he certainly wouldn't let himself get beaten up.

Kinda sad that Monet is out of the picture already. I really liked her.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:49   Link #9
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Good riddance. Oda was pretending to have Monet be more threatening than she really was and he finally wrapped this up to move the story along. We finally got confirmation Zoro could use CoA (despite how obvious it was without actual proof), so that's nice. And now to move on to the real threats: CC, Vergo, and Shinokuni.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:51   Link #10
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm still very curious about who threw that piece of paper to Chopper in 676 if it wasn't Monet.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:57   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Good riddance. Oda was pretending to have Monet be more threatening than she really was and he finally wrapped this up to move the story along. We finally got confirmation Zoro could use CoA (despite how obvious it was without actual proof), so that's nice. And now to move on to the real threats: CC, Vergo, and Shinokuni.
i think that was already confirmed several chapters ago when law asked luffy who else can use haki among the straw hats and luffy named zoro and sanji. since then, i never doubted that the monster trio could use haki. the real question really is what types of haki can zoro and sanji use? they obviously can use armaments haki, but can they also use observation haki? sanji has shown some signs of using observation haki but we haven't gotten an official confirmation from oda yet.

this was a great chapter! i totally enjoyed the tashigi and zoro banter. and sanji saying that zoro has a soft side too is quite funny. that is something coming from sanji who thinks of zoro as a brainless berserker. lol
Old 2012-10-30, 09:16   Link #12
golgo13

Wow! Very happy with the result and that my previous thought was a complete over reaction. Zoro was in complete control of the situation.

Zoro demonstrated CoA and maybe a little bit of CoC? Paralyzing his enemy in fear? Heh maybe thats going to far

Can't believe that Caribou left his brother with the G5 marines hahaha.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:49   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I'm still very curious about who threw that piece of paper to Chopper in 676 if it wasn't Monet.
of course it s Monet

Monet for Nakama
Old 2012-10-30, 10:21   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
It was already explained that it was one of the little girls helping the Strawhats with the rest of the giant kids...the one friends with the dragon boy.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:21   Link #15
bigdeal000
malefic

I guess Zoro did borrow something from Mihawk(aside from skill). How should I call it? A more level-headed style of fighting? Maybe. And yeah, cool chapter. It took me by surprise, I was expecting to see someone else this chapter and only later the conclusion to zoro vs monet. Something else that got me thinking is Tashigi's comment at the end? Just how strong did the straw-hats become? Zoro could always strike fear in the hearts of his opponents (I remember that CP9 giraffe) but this level of terror...We have yet to see someone matching up to them (except Vergo) so I really hope they are not top tier already. That would be really broken....
Old 2012-10-30, 10:21   Link #16
orangejuicetang

Quote:
I assumed it was Law using his Devil Fruit

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:52   Link #17
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I guess Zoro did borrow something from Mihawk(aside from skill). How should I call it? A more level-headed style of fighting? Maybe. And yeah, cool chapter. It took me by surprise, I was expecting to see someone else this chapter and only later the conclusion to zoro vs monet. Something else that got me thinking is Tashigi's comment at the end? Just how strong did the straw-hats become? Zoro could always strike fear in the hearts of his opponents (I remember that CP9 giraffe) but this level of terror...We have yet to see someone matching up to them (except Vergo) so I really hope they are not top tier already. That would be really broken....
I was half thinking that the inability to move her body was due to CoC, but I guess plan old Saki explains it too.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:00   Link #18
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I was half thinking that the inability to move her body was due to CoC, but I guess plan old Saki explains it too.
Well, CoC could have a role too. I'm thinking about CoC+attitude. Like Zoro's badassness being enhanced by his haki and making him that much more scary.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:27   Link #19
Kona
Banned

Didn't expect the chapter to focus on the fight at all. Was expecting Luffy+Momo and Smoker. Can't believe Zoro didn't use Haki on that Dragon attack and let Tashigi finish her off. What got me is that Tashigi didn't say anything about Zoro having Shusui (Ryuma's sword), guess that's reserved for Wano when Zoro runs into somebody who will comment on it. Most likely a flashback will occur since he was considered the WSS.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:35   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It was already explained that it was one of the little girls helping the Strawhats with the rest of the giant kids...the one friends with the dragon boy.
which chapter and what page?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion