Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-03, 04:33   Link #35021
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Heh. That certainly won't go well in the Taiwanese Army.

I remember a time when SAF reps mentioned that they won't use Chinese soil for training exercises.

----
More news.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/113...alls-to-subic/

Due to the Laude murder case and the rising anti-American military sentiment, all port visits by navy ships are called off except for a couple for repairs.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-11-06, 01:05   Link #35022
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

5 SIR and 3rd Div?

Time for MFA to get working behind the scenes.
Old 2014-11-06, 05:06   Link #35023
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The three Marines' statement made public in the Olongapo murder case.

Seems that the reason why PNP didn't get DNA samples is they wanted to get "official" word from Washington and most likely, from the Commandant of the Marine Corp.

The Scene of the Crime Operatives (Division of the PNP in charge of examining crime scenes with forensics) will be responsible for getting Pemberton's DNA.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-11-06, 05:30   Link #35024
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
5 SIR and 3rd Div?

Time for MFA to get working behind the scenes.
Doctrine transfer most likely since our troops follow Western tactics. Either that or someone high up in our defence force got turned.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-11-06, 19:54   Link #35025
maplehurry

Army regulation says a service member can be referred to as a "Negro" when describing "black or African American" personnel.

Something unintended somehow got slipped into the regulation rulebook. Given the VA mess (or problems in other department), I suppose this is not exactly extraordinary...

Last edited by maplehurry; 2014-11-06 at 20:18.
Old 2014-11-07, 07:47   Link #35026
Eragon
Still Alive

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-0...utrage/5874604

Good riddance. Can't believe he hasn't been arrested yet. And to think people pay thousands of dollars to learn how to sexually assault women. How desperate can you get ?!
Old 2014-11-07, 08:31   Link #35027
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ok, he's left the country or whatever, but if he did use these methods which appear to be pretty much assault, why was he not charged?
Old 2014-11-07, 09:05   Link #35028
Eragon
Still Alive

No one filed a report is my guess. He pretty much intimidates women into compliance so, its possible they are too afraid to do anything about it. Plus, RSD is a big industry apparently so, he's got his back covered. But, I don't think his shit will fly now that there's a campaign against him.
Old 2014-11-08, 03:11   Link #35029
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

+1 for the father.

Dad confronts kidnapper, saves 5-year-old daughter

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A set of Utah parents were awakened Friday to an unsettling noise for 4:30 in the morning: the sound of their front door opening and their 5-year-old daughter talking.

When the father rushed outside in his pajama pants and hoodie he saw the terrifying sight of his 5-year-old stepdaughter in the arms of a stranger who was carrying her away across the front lawn. The man had snatched the girl out of her bed in the basement moments earlier after coming in the house through an unlocked door, police said.

The father confronted the man, demanding that he give the girl back. Without a fight, the intruder handed her over, and then fled the scene.

"There was a man in my home and he took my 5-year-old daughter," said the mother, crying, in a 911 call moments later. "I happened to wake up and he had my daughter outside. My husband ran out there and got her from him. But he took my daughter."

"But do you have your daughter back now?" said the dispatcher.

"Yeah, but he's out there somewhere," she said. "He came in my home...He took my daughter from my house."

A man later identified as Troy Morley, 48, of Roy, Utah, was caught two blocks away after breaking into another house in a middle-class neighborhood in the Salt Lake City suburb of Sandy. Morley was arrested and booked on charges of child kidnapping, burglary, trespassing and resisting arrest.

The 5-year-old girl wasn't hurt in the frightening experience, but the incident has evoked haunting echoes of when 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart was snatched out of her Salt Lake City bedroom in 2002. She was held captive for nine months before being found.

The abduction attempt was not targeted, but a random incident, said Sandy Police Sgt. Dean Carriger. The family said they don't know Morley.

The intruder was in the family's basement searching through things when he came upon the girl sleeping in her bedroom, Carriger said. Police don't know what his motive was.

"It obviously was a very scary, traumatic situation," Carriger said. "The sanctity of our home is huge and for somebody to enter that and grab your child, it's got to be one of the worst nightmares a parent could face. ... If those parents were not awakened to go out and investigate, he could have easily left undetected with the girl."

After the 911 call, officers set up a perimeter, and with the help of police dogs, launched a search. The suspect went into a second home two blocks away through a doggy door in an attempt to evade capture. The dogs at that house alerted the residents, who yelled at police already in the area to come get him.

Police captured the Morley outside the second home thanks to a police dog that bit the suspect in the upper shoulder, Carriger said.

Morley isn't on Utah's sex offender registry and online court records only show a pair of divorces and DUI charges.

The family of the girl declined to talk about the experience through family spokesman Miles Holman, who said they are doing well considering the circumstances. Holman called it a miracle that the parents woke up in time.

"Thirty seconds later and it would have been all over," Holman said. "He would have been long gone."

A Thanksgiving wreath hung from the family's front door Friday. Along a sidewalk leading to the front porch were several pumpkins, including a red one painted as an Angry Bird and another with a princess figurine on top.

The backyard butts up against a canal that separates the neighborhood from a bustling shopping center in the heart of Sandy, a city of 90,000 people that, like most parts of Utah, is predominantly Mormon.

"Things like that just don't happen around here," said Melissa Johnson, 26, who is staying in her parents' house that is next to the home where the abduction event occurred.

She said her younger sibling heard screams and commotion in the early morning and came to sleep with her downstairs. Johnson said they attend the same Mormon congregation as the family.

"I've been thinking that the Heavenly Father had a hand it," Johnson said. "He was protecting them. . . I just hope it won't be traumatizing for the little girl."

Johnson and other neighbors say it's a scary thought that a man capable of snatching a child was roaming their neighborhood in the night.

April Parry, a mother of three children who lives down the street, said she and her husband are considering an alarm system.

"That is your biggest fear as a parent," Parry said. "It can happen anytime, that's what makes it scary."

About 45 miles north in Roy, where Morley lived, neighbors said they weren't the least bit surprised to find out the man known as a super creep had been accused7 of trying to abduct a girl.

Next-door neighbor Andrea Shearer, 33, said she forbid her children to interact with Morley after a series of bizarre and inappropriate conversations. Shearer said Morley had been caught sneaking into backyards, including hers. She obtained a no trespass order on him from police.

She said she believes Morley had a meth addiction. He talked about a satanic cult causing his wife to leave him and having critters crawling through the attic, she said.

"He scared me. I'm so glad he's gone," said Shearer, a health care professional. "You always hear people saying about their neighbor that they seemed so quiet and normal. Not him, I'm not surprised."

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-11-08, 07:33   Link #35030
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

That's an awesome dad.

Old 2014-11-09, 22:49   Link #35031
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

a blast form the past

Quote:
The rationale behind the deportations is simple: Those responsible for monstrous deeds, regardless of how far away and how long ago, have no business being here. In that vein, the Retro Report series of video documentaries about past news stories and their aftermaths turns its attention this week to El Salvador, which exemplifies some of the legal complexities when it comes to rooting out and then shipping out those deemed guilty.
If immigration courts have their way, the ranks of the deported will include two Salvadoran generals who were defense ministers in the 1980s, blood-soaked years in that country. These men, José Guillermo García, now 81, and Carlos Eugenio Vides Casanova, 77, have been living in Florida for a quarter-century. They were allowed to settle there during the presidency of George Bush, who, like his predecessor, Ronald Reagan, considered them allies and bulwarks against a Moscow-backed leftist insurgency. But administrations change, and so do government attitudes. Over the past two and a half years, immigration judges in Florida have ruled that the generals bore responsibility for assassinations and massacres, and deserve now to be “removed” — bureaucratese for deported. Both are appealing the decisions, so for now they are going nowhere. Given their ages, their cases may be, for all parties, a race against time.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/10/us...T.nav=top-news

i await our more right leaning members in the forum to defend these guys as Anti-communist heroes.
Old 2014-11-10, 18:20   Link #35032
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
a blast form the past

i await our more right leaning members in the forum to defend these guys as Anti-communist heroes.
Good luck with that.
Old 2014-11-10, 18:32   Link #35033
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Good luck with that.
didn't Ronald Regan praise these guys as Heroes on the forefront against communism and Bush Sr gave them a invite to move to the US in 89?
Old 2014-11-10, 19:21   Link #35034
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder what that might do to the South Vietnamese population in the United States?
Old 2014-11-10, 19:28   Link #35035
monster

What seems to be the problem here? Does the fact that some people were considered allies in the fight against communism supposed to have prevented them from being responsible of committing monstrous deeds of their own?

If the current administration thinks they should be tried in their own country for those deeds and the relevant laws permit/demand such deportation, then so be it. Otherwise, they should be allowed to stay as any other immigrants.
Old 2014-11-11, 01:26   Link #35036
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

California man kills black man offering food to homeless people:

Quote:
Joseph Paul Leonard Jr. is attempting to block prosecutors’ accusations that race was a motivating factor in his killing of a black man in Sacramento, Calif., the Sacramento Bee reports (my note: bullshit, read on).

Leonard, 62, claimed self-defense when he was arrested on vehicular-assault charges after, authorities say, he ran over Toussaint Harrison on June 6, 2013, the Bee reports. Harrison died two days later, and charges were upgraded to murder. Leonard is also facing charges of attempted murder, and accusations of attempting to run over Harrison’s friend Justin Oliphant, the Bee notes.

According to the Bee, evidence showed that Leonard “burned 23 feet of rubber” before colliding into the ill-fated 34-year-old Harrison.

“Just because we got Obama for a president, these people think they are real special,” Leonard allegedly said while sitting in the back of a sheriff’s patrol car following his arrest, the news site reports.

According to the Bee, authorities charge that after taking down Harrison with his 1997 Chevy S-10, Leonard got out of the truck and kicked the injured man multiple times in the head with steel-toed boots.

The occurrences leading up to Harrison’s death started early in the morning at a McDonald’s on Arden Way in Sacramento, the news site reports. Leonard reportedly pulled up with a friend, Samantha Silva, shortly before Harrison and Oliphant appeared and started “offering food to homeless people that they had obtained from a nearby hotel,” a brief from the deputy district attorney noted, the Bee reports. Defense attorneys claim that the men stole the food from the hotel (How tf is that even relevant to the crime?!).

Silva was the first to exit the McDonald’s, and she was approached by one of the two men, who, she told an investigator, asked her if she was hungry, the Bee reports. While she was conversing with the two men, Leonard appeared and allegedly flew into a rage.

The enraged older man reportedly got a chain from his truck, swinging it like a lasso in an attempt to hit Harrison and Oliphant, and stomping on a bicycle that had been ridden by Harrison. According to Oliphant, Leonard used racial slurs while confronting them, the Bee reports.

According to the Bee, one of the men threw a knife at Leonard, while the other threw another sharp object, cutting him, as indicated in pictures showing an abrasion to Leonard’s torso and a lacerated cheek.

“I was in fear for my life. You see what they did to me? You make sure you include that in the report. ... I beat them off me. ... They cut me,” Leonard told the deputy while seated in the car, the Bee reports.

“I mean, it was pretty bad,” he added. “If those punks wanted bad, they got bad. You know, I think people are getting tired of being abused by the situation, the way people are being. I myself am tired of it. I am victimized every time I turn around.”

http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult..._homeless.html

This is terrible. This guy is like a straight up stereotypical racist (and a stereotypical Obama hater). Some things I'll throw on here 1) This racist scumbag claims self defense, but if anyone was trying to defend themselves, it was the two guys who were threatened to be beaten with a chain for simply asking someone "Are you hungry?" 2) smh at those defense lawyers. They claim the two men giving out the food stole it from a local hotel. First, we don't even know if that is true and they could be making that up to try to paint the victim as 'not that good', and second, that is so irrelevant to the crime that was committed, whether it is true or false.

But yeah, so many times when black males are victimized and murdered, there are some people that have to dig some dirt on them, bring up something bad about them, maybe something in their past, no matter how small it is. Whenever black males are murdered and victimized like this, there are some people that have to be like "well, they weren't no angels". People don't do this shit (at least nowhere near to the same degree) with white people. I mean, damn, look at the guy who died that caused the Ferguson situation. He was shown (on store camera) pushing around some guy in a convenience store the day he died, so then you have a bunch of bigots like "Oh, the guy was a thug, why errybody gotta make a big deal about this negro guy dying?".

Anyway, that racist scumbag should be charged with a hate crime.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2014-11-11 at 02:01.
Old 2014-11-11, 02:38   Link #35037
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Shouldn't murder be charge enough?
Old 2014-11-11, 06:27   Link #35038
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

They should go with the hate crime charge on this one if it can help keeping this moron out of the street. Plus you can hardly find a more fitting case for such charge..
Old 2014-11-11, 12:18   Link #35039
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

None of those big news network reporting on this?

He will get minimum sentence then...
Old 2014-11-11, 19:24   Link #35040
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Shouldn't murder be charge enough?

It really seems like it was a hate crime. I mean, the guy went into a rage because...a black man was talking to his female friend? He became belligerent and hurt the man, who ended up dying two days later...he will go to court and go on trial, but I hope lawyers for the family of Harrison (the victim) will go for charging a hate crime against Leonard. I think they really have a chance at winning that case, and from what I can tell from just that one article...his crime can qualify as a hate crime.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international