AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-25, 18:32   Link #601
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There will be a new Sailor Moon production in 2013.
At least a few of the original voice actors are involved in some way.
Momoiro Clover Z will be doing a cover of Moonlight Densetsu.
Thanks.

So basically, there hasn't been any news releases since the announcement? Why all the secrecy?
Old 2013-01-25, 18:38   Link #602
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They probably aren't ready yet. Or they are waiting for a more normal announcement time for whatever season the show will air during.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:19   Link #603
maximilianjenus
[E]

IIRC, it was unoficially said that they planned to release a movie but changed their plans for a tv series, but you can consider that a rumour at best.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:24   Link #604
4Tran

My guess is that they're still trying to settle all of their international broadcasts before making any further announcements.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:26   Link #605
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
IIRC, it was unoficially said that they planned to release a movie but changed their plans for a tv series, but you can consider that a rumour at best.
Would it been better if it was a movie and not a series?

If it was a movie. we could expect a new sorry.... but when its a remake.. hmmm... We have a lot of seasons to choose from. If it is a new series.. what will it have?

Spoiler for Speculation regarding the possible plot.:
Old 2013-01-26, 13:31   Link #606
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I just don't honestly think the monster-of-the-week format of the original would work now.
Seeing that it still works for Precure and Tokusatsu like the Kamen Rider and Sentai series, why are you skeptical about that format?
Old 2013-01-26, 15:19   Link #607
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Don't cover your eyes or close the tab... even run away...

Wow I forgot how elegant her transformations were, especially in the S and SS seasons (Chibimoon with Sailormoon included). I can't even recall if any other magical girl show had such elegance in their transformations (the music also helps a lot), it's usually about some fancy or cool looking sequence. Kinda like how Eternal Sailormoon transformation is more about being fancy rather than elegant IMO.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:13   Link #608
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Speculation regarding the possible plot.:
From what I understand, the new Sailor Moon series will be a total reboot and not take place after Sailor Stars. But I have been thinking that maybe if this new Anime series is successful enough, they may do a movie that takes place after Stars. But the movie is pure speculation on my part.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:12   Link #609
Mangaka-chan

I doubt there will be any truly new material in the new anime, since I remember Takeuchi once said in an interview that the story of Sailor Moon is complete. Granted that was many years ago and she might've changed her mind, but personally rather than anything original I would rather like to see the anime adhere to the manga story line. The original anime skipped/changed a lot of stuff, and I'd love to see Sailor Cosmos (for reals, not just implied), the Sailor Quartet, Sailor Kakyuu, etc. With 52 manga chapters, assuming they average 2-3 chapters in one episode that'll be enough material for a two cour show.

And if they are going to do a movie or special I'd rather it be based on one of the short stories that haven't been animated yet, like Parallel Sailor Moon or that hilarious side story of Sailor Gucci and Sailor Chanel.
Old 2013-01-27, 13:32   Link #610
ukulelembo
Detective

With Takanori Arisawa's death, who do you think will do the music for the new anime? Do you have some favorites? Share your opinions.
Me personally came to mind for example Shirou Sagisu. Yes, his style is a little different and much darker, but spirit of his work is very similar. Especially when it comes to violin and orchestra. Do you think that he would be a good choice, or you have a better idea?
Old 2013-01-27, 13:45   Link #611
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
With Takanori Arisawa's death, who do you think will do the music for the new anime? Do you have some favorites? Share your opinions.
Me personally came to mind for example Shirou Sagisu. Yes, his style is a little different and much darker, but spirit of his work is very similar. Especially when it comes to violin and orchestra. Do you think that he would be a good choice, or you have a better idea?
He may somehow fits Sailor Moon's style, but I can't think of anyone other than Yuki Kajiura or Yasuharu Takanashi, which better fits the atmosphere of the 90's magical girl show.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-27, 15:38   Link #612
Sakuya
*Artist

I second Kajiura Yuki. Although she tends to use opera-ish vocals which may be good for the transformation scenes, it would probably give a different atmosphere to the series. But then again, she has come up with beautiful instrumental tracks in the past such as for Mai HiME.
Old 2013-01-27, 16:39   Link #613
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Personally, I'd rather have Naoki Sato do the music, since I feel his music is most similar to Sailor Moon, if his previous work on Pretty Cure is any indication. The only issue is whether or not he'd be free by the time this show hits the air (or does more than one series).
Old 2013-01-27, 21:53   Link #614
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I can't even recall if any other magical girl show had such elegance in their transformations (the music also helps a lot)
I'm sure there's some henshin sequences out there that match Sailor Moon's visually, but far as the music goes... man, that fucking music. The second sequence has always been my favorite thanks to the song, but they're all great. Whenever it comes to pure charm and magic, you can't do much better than Sailor Moon.

And I would prefer a four cour series rather than a two (though two is okay). I think Sailor Moon greatly benefited from its length, and that its characters wouldn't have become nearly so iconic or well-loved had the story been more compact and the audience didn't get to spend as much time with them.
Old 2013-01-27, 22:02   Link #615
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm sure there's some henshin sequences out there that match Sailor Moon's visually, but far as the music goes... man, that fucking music. The second sequence has always been my favorite thanks to the song, but they're all great. Whenever it comes to pure charm and magic, you can't do much better than Sailor Moon.

And I would prefer a four cour series rather than a two (though two is okay). I think Sailor Moon greatly benefited from its length, and that its characters wouldn't have become nearly so iconic or well-loved had the story been more compact and the audience didn't get to spend as much time with them.
I'd be up for four cours as long as that involves more than just one major villain. I don't know if I'd want four seasons of Queen Beryl or even Professor Tomoe (my favorite Sailor Moon villain). That probably would involve more "monster of the week" then what I'd like.

Two Seasons of Queen Beryl, and Two Seasons of Professor Tomoe or Sailor Galaxia, would be perfect for me.
Old 2013-01-27, 23:12   Link #616
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I don't mind as long as Mamoru is there...
Old 2013-01-28, 00:05   Link #617
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Normally, I prefer shows that are either 11-13 or 22-24 episodes in length. Anything longer than that and I tend to lose interest. Not always, mind you, but generally. The exception to this rule is when I start with a show from the beginning and follow it week after week. This is the complete opposite of what I felt when I was younger. Oh, how time whittles down are attention spans

I would love, love, love if Naoki Sato composed this music for this. X/1999 has long been one of my favorite anime soundtracks, and I enjoyed his recent work on Blood-C even though I hated the show itself. I can just imagine something like "Sadame" playing in the background as Usagi bravely faces down one of the villains against all odds . . .

Kajiura Yuki is my absolute favorite composer thanks to her work on Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I don't think her style is appropriate for Sailor Moon. I would say the same about Yoko Kanno. They're both fantastic (obviously), I just don't think they're what this project needs.

I was recently impressed by Hiroyuki Sawano's work on Guilty Crown. Leaving the mediocrity of that show aside, I thought the music was quite good. Granted, it's very different than what one would normally associate with Usagi and Co., but that could be a good thing. It really depends on what feeling they ultimately decide to go with this time around.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:39   Link #618
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post

Kajiura Yuki is my absolute favorite composer thanks to her work on Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I don't think her style is appropriate for Sailor Moon. I would say the same about Yoko Kanno. They're both fantastic (obviously), I just don't think they're what this project needs.

I was recently impressed by Hiroyuki Sawano's work on Guilty Crown. Leaving the mediocrity of that show aside, I thought the music was quite good. Granted, it's very different than what one would normally associate with Usagi and Co., but that could be a good thing. It really depends on what feeling they ultimately decide to go with this time around.
Yeah, I think that Guilty Crown's music comes reasonably close to what the music for a modern Sailor Moon anime show should be like. Maybe make the tunes sound a touch more "magical" or "whimsical", but it otherwise fits.

Kajura's style is too dark and epic-feeling for your typical Sailor Moon episode, imo. I'd only want Kajura on this if it's going to feature a lot of the Sailor Galaxia material (which I think is sufficiently dark and epic for Kajura's style).
Old 2013-01-28, 01:48   Link #619
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
He may somehow fits Sailor Moon's style, but I can't think of anyone other than Yuki Kajiura or Yasuharu Takanashi, which better fits the atmosphere of the 90's magical girl show.
Sailor Moon was heavily influenced by Dezaki's works, so the musice isn't actually all that similar to other '90s anime. Instead, it had a lot of '80s and older music: Moonlight Densetsu is based on a song from the '60s, and the transformation music has a lot of disco in it.

I don't think that it's a good idea for the new show to try to ape this style. It's not as if there isn't a huge amount of other Sailor Moon-related music to draw from like Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon or the SeraMyu musicals. Or else they can try something totally different. I think I'd prefer the latter as long as they didn't go over-heavy with synthasizers.

I imagine that the new show will feature updated character designs ala Saint Seiya, and that it will incorporate a lot of new innovations of the genre that newer shows have used. More innovative uses of the Monster of the Week episodes and multiple OPs being the obvious updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kajura's style is too dark and epic-feeling for your typical Sailor Moon episode, imo. I'd only want Kajura on this if it's going to feature a lot of the Sailor Galaxia material (which I think is sufficiently dark and epic for Kajura's style).
Sailor Moon is quite dark at times, but I agree that Kajiura Yuki's music is a little too overpowering to be appropriate for the new show.
Old 2013-01-28, 12:36   Link #620
ukulelembo
Detective

Well, interesting choices. I noticed that we all prefer especially composers with strong orchestral soundtracks. But they all have very different styles than Arisawa. For interest I found some examples of their works. Close your eyes and listen. I chose two songs from each. The first is always romantic orchestral song whose style I would personally expected from composer for use in Sailor Moon. The second represents a more typical style of the composer.

Shirou Sagisu:

Yuki Kajiura:

Naoki Sato:

(Unfortunately Yasuharu Takanashi and Hiroyuki Sawano I don't know too well. So I can't give examples. Sorry.)

Now open your eyes and say. Can you really imagine one of them signed under new series? Yes, it would be awesome soundtracks, but veeeery different.
I wonder who they eventually really choose.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo