AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-05, 18:35   Link #41
Bellecat
THIS TEXT IS DELICIOUS

Ew, he said "Exactly as planned". Zetsubou shita D:
... I also noticed that during the regain-memory sequence, Light hears L say "I am L."

L said that when he met the task force. LIGHT WASN'T IN THE ROOM. xD

Last edited by Bellecat; 2008-04-05 at 18:37. Reason: pressed wrong button.
Old 2008-04-08, 19:53   Link #42
zetsubou#13

Personaly, I hate dubs...period Lights voice is amazing in the Japanese
Old 2008-04-10, 19:46   Link #43
Sovereign

The dubs absolutely horrified me.
Old 2008-04-10, 21:10   Link #44
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

ahhh i am just so curious and worried about what near's, Matt's, and Mello's voices are going to sound...

not that matt has much to say anyways.... although i really dont care; just keep on standing there looking pretty matty

anways... i really liked L's, Rem's, Matsuda's, and Ryuk's voice actors... although Rem's had me slightly confused on the topic of gender

Light's voice actor is... okay but it will really be put to the test in episode 37.... i mean Mamoru Miyano was absolutely amazing in my opinion o.O .....when it came to that final emotional climax for Light's character; i thought he captured it perfectly.....

yeah, for some reason i can see the dub actor for hitsugaya doing the voice for near....

Last edited by Girl_who_cried_gnome; 2008-04-10 at 21:25.
Old 2008-04-10, 21:29   Link #45
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_who_cried_gnome View Post
yeah, for some reason i can see the dub actor for hitsugaya doing the voice for near....
Unlikely though. DN is dubbed by Ocean Studios in Canada. Bleach's dub is in LA.
Old 2008-04-11, 07:04   Link #46
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Unlikely though. DN is dubbed by Ocean Studios in Canada. Bleach's dub is in LA.
But the actors are from both Viz and Ocean.
Old 2008-04-11, 14:51   Link #47
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
But the actors are from both Viz and Ocean.
Who in the DN dub has been from LA and vic versa. I know Vic left Texas for a spell for the Bleach dub but not for DN's
Old 2008-04-12, 10:27   Link #48
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
well i wasnt exactly saying that he would or anything... i was just saying that his dub va would fit near in my opinion
Old 2008-05-27, 23:39   Link #49
x happy ending
loves nick :3

Send a message via AIM to x happy ending
Light's voice ended up being pretty good. Mature at times, young, and can crack and still sound right when he's having one of his insane moments. he sounds a little too sensitive though.

L's voice, it wasn't bad, wasn't good. I didnt really care for it, but it didn't bother me deeply.

Misa.. although she's supposed to be girly and cute, she's still a grown woman. She sounds like a hyper active 5 year old sometimes
Old 2008-05-31, 15:25   Link #50
ultimatekai
In Raito Yagami's Pants

Send a message via MSN to ultimatekai Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatekai
I actually really like the English voice actors.
I went to see the Death Note movie when it was in American theaters, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was being dubbed by the same English VA's as the anime. <3

The only voice I don't like so far is Mello's. It fits him... sort of. But he still sounds too young and obnoxious.

I have to admit, as well, that Ocean Studios seems to do the best dubs ever. I mean, I always thought Inuyasha was an amazing dub, and now Death Note is good, too. So yeah. Go Ocean Studios!

Siggy Gif By Me My YouTube
Old 2008-06-01, 00:39   Link #51
rpgman1

Kirby Morrow seems to fit the bill as Teru Mikami, but I wondered about deleting people. Makes me wonder if Light screwed up in his selection and he gets an old flame back because Misa isn't too bright.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:36   Link #52
SammiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well, I for one am not a big fan of the dubbing. Light's voice is weird. He sounds like he's 15..but he does have that insane laugh down though...Ryuk's voice is probably the best, though when he laughs he sounds like someone who has been smoking for like 30 years. I feel L's voice is the worst...It's so deep! Not like Arnold Swartinegger deep, just deep....It's just weird....and I hate it...

Overall, I'd give the dub a 5/10

I personally dissagree with your comment on L's voice. I think the english voice fits the charachter a bit better the japanese voice sounds a bit too soft to me...however i do agree that light's english voice other than his insane laugh doesn't quite cut it.
Old 2008-06-19, 15:37   Link #53
SammiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatekai View Post
I actually really like the English voice actors.
I went to see the Death Note movie when it was in American theaters, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was being dubbed by the same English VA's as the anime. <3

The only voice I don't like so far is Mello's. It fits him... sort of. But he still sounds too young and obnoxious.

I have to admit, as well, that Ocean Studios seems to do the best dubs ever. I mean, I always thought Inuyasha was an amazing dub, and now Death Note is good, too. So yeah. Go Ocean Studios!
lol i tottally agree with you. =)
Old 2008-06-24, 19:57   Link #54
Jeevas1330
深くものを考える人

I really do not like most of the voice actors. But, for most people, it is because they have gotten used to the Japanese voices, and want to hear the same voices in the English version. Though, I do have some criticism. Mello and Raito should not sound alike. Never. Also, Raito seems to be way to energetic. He needs to be calm, and his voice should lower a partial octave when he is thinking, or as some people say, 'in Kira Mode.'

Eru-senpai should have a higher-pitched voice as well. The voice actors are good, but he just has the wrong voice. I really think that the voice actors deserve credit for trying, and a few of the characters were chosen well, like Matsuda and Soichiro, yet the voices do need to sound more like the Japanese voice actors that brought these characters to life for us.
Old 2008-09-01, 11:02   Link #55
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

well i didnt read much of wat was said here but i say that over all it was the best voice over tha canada has done so far -nothing eganst canada but they did kill tokyo mew mew- n i liked most of wat they did ^_^
-i just hated the anime itself-
Old 2008-09-03, 06:32   Link #56
Mello
o(≧∀≦)o

Well, i really don't like the english version really much... I think that Light and Mello sounded kinda weird. I like the japanese version better, actually i love it!!! I like Nears voice on english version, but that's all...
Old 2008-09-10, 00:04   Link #57
Jessi
Grumpyface.

Send a message via AIM to Jessi
I was never one of those anti-dub people, but I do appreciate a decent dub when I hear one. L's voice actor has a huge history of acting/singing/voicing so he's a notch above most of the voice actors.
And I think Brad Swaile was perfect for Light, if you consider that a majority of his characters are psychotic in some way, so he does a very good psychotic character. And yes, psychotic laughter I'm sure is supposed to sound awkward and strange. Remember Quatre from Gundam Wing? Nutjoobbbbbb... >_>;

**Edit: I forgot to rant about how INCREDIBLE Matsuda's voice actor is! I didn't notice until the "Matsuda" episode. But holy shite, is he amazing. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:18   Link #58
rile

The death note anime dub really isn't that bad.I mean all the voice actors are'nt good and all but for the most part. all of the main characters have some pritty good voice actors if you ask me.
Old 2009-01-01, 20:54   Link #59
Patcoola

i found the voice acting ok, but it took me sometime to get use to lights voice.
Old 2009-01-14, 17:47   Link #60
CollectDust
CGUE DEEP arms

I hate Near's eng dub voice. It doesn't suit him~ NOES!
Closed Thread