AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-08, 17:17   Link #1201
qyn6

Question: I've been wondering about this for a while but alot of fanfictions I read had Nanoha's "nyahaha" laugh. I don't remember hearing this in any of the episodes or maybe i just missed it so can someone tell me which episode had her laugh?
Old 2009-04-08, 21:28   Link #1202
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Blame Satashi. Nanoha does not have that laugh in the anime, manga or soundstage. She just laughs normally.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:19   Link #1203
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Blame Satashi. Nanoha does not have that laugh in the anime, manga or soundstage. She just laughs normally.
I have seen Nanoha laughing that way in some of our doujinshi scanlations, but I don't know where they took it from. I watched the first series years ago so I don't remember if Nanoha laughed that way sometime.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-04-09, 00:08   Link #1204
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyn6 View Post
Question: I've been wondering about this for a while but alot of fanfictions I read had Nanoha's "nyahaha" laugh. I don't remember hearing this in any of the episodes or maybe i just missed it so can someone tell me which episode had her laugh?
The oficial Nanoha never laughs like that.

Don't forget why it's called fanfiction
Old 2009-04-09, 01:19   Link #1205
Lute

I have a feeling it originates from her nervous "I'm not telling a lie, just bending the truth a little!" laugh in season 1, marking the first step down the slippery slope towards wanton acts of mass destruction and collaboration with interdimensional criminals. Magic corrupts young girls! Save our children and sign the petition to ban magic!
Old 2009-04-09, 06:34   Link #1206
qyn6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

ah i see, I just thought it originated from the show lol. Thanks for the clearification.
Old 2009-04-09, 06:50   Link #1207
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

Still, she has a very special giggle when she is embarassed and that's really not far from Satashi's "nyahaha" (I even think you couldn't transcribe it in a better way).
I don't know about the anime (for I am too lazy to check my dvds) but you can definitly hear it in the soundstages. A's first SS is full of those moments where the atmosphere between Nanoha and Fate is a bit awkward and Nanoha definitly does laugh her "nyahaha" way.

p.s : listening to the SS again is great, I missed N/F ベタベタ times~
p.s 2 : if you want to hear clearly Nanoha's "nyahaha", listen to A's SS 1 track 14, 1'50''.

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2009-04-09 at 07:09.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:23   Link #1208
Jimmy C

Even clearer, you can hear it in A's ep13's epilogue. She laughs like that in the scene where she's telling Arisa and Shizuka she's leaving after lunch that day.
Old 2009-04-12, 01:24   Link #1209
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
What actual phsyics had been used in the show? And how it ihat TSAB can go across multiverses without seeing another version of the characters or the organization?
Old 2009-04-12, 02:13   Link #1210
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What physics? Could you be a bit more specific?

As for the second one, Nanoha adheres to the theory that multiverses are not alternate versions of the same worlds, but rather unique worlds of their own.
Old 2009-04-12, 02:15   Link #1211
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I am referring to the actual Time Space part of the show.
Old 2009-04-12, 02:19   Link #1212
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You mean if they explain the whole dimensional travel with actual physics? Well... they don't.
Old 2009-04-12, 08:28   Link #1213
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's magic, along with everything else in the anime.
Old 2009-04-12, 14:29   Link #1214
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As for the second one, Nanoha adheres to the theory that multiverses are not alternate versions of the same worlds, but rather unique worlds of their own.
There is something of a confusion regarding that part, since most times it seems that "worlds" don't refer to the dimensions in which said places reside in, but rather the planets themselves - which wouldn't be much different than like how Star Trek or any other interstellar sci-fi setting deals with such matters. IMHO "worlds" are different from "universes", and that at times many of the former can be found in a single one of the latter.

As to the actual question itself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey
And how it ihat TSAB can go across multiverses without seeing another version of the characters or the organization?
*warning: pseudoscience*

While shows like Sliders may lead you to believe otherwise, logically speaking if multiple universes did exist stemming from the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics, then the history of each universe would be so varied and different that seeing one of the same thing on any two universes would be an incredibly slim proposition at best. Of course, with the cosmos being... well, infinite for all we know there could be similarly INFINITE numbers of universes out there, and thus the chances of meeting an alternate universe copy of yourself increases if you were to travel to enough universes.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-12, 14:47   Link #1215
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed, there are many types of 'parallel universe' theories.

There's the alternate universe theory, where at any point in time, you can have an alternate universe where something happened instead of another thing, this theory produces unlimited parallel universe branches of the same universe. In this version you can see 'alternate versions'' of characters.

Then the more plausible and normal parallel universe theory is that floating in the vast multiversal space are lots of universes. And its impossible to find humans in another universe, don't even bother about another version of characters. We already can't easily find someone on Earth who look like ourselves, what are the chances you'll find someone who looks like yourself in another universe. We can't even find life elsewhere in our universe, what are the chances of finding life in another?

Nanoha is just a story with limited science. Modern humans with language have only lived on Earth for several thousand years. Yet you have the Tome of the Night Sky whose guardians speak German, Japanese and stuff and they've been around for like millions of years.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-12, 14:51   Link #1216
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Don't count out the aliens just yet, we're still looking for em'

And I'm not really sure on the "millions of years" part, given that Ancient Belka wasn't portrayed as having existed THAT long ago. Probably a few thousand years at most.

And there are the theories going around of the "proto language", where Earth's languages are actually derived from a single alien language that got spread from one world to the next... but we're moving unto fanfic territory

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-12, 15:04   Link #1217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
There is something of a confusion regarding that part, since most times it seems that "worlds" don't refer to the dimensions in which said places reside in, but rather the planets themselves - which wouldn't be much different than like how Star Trek or any other interstellar sci-fi setting deals with such matters. IMHO "worlds" are different from "universes", and that at times many of the former can be found in a single one of the latter.
I'm reminded of a sci-fi series where interstellar travel was based on wormholes. The narrator noted in passing that while they did have an idea of where some of the planets were in relation to each other, for others, they didn't know if they were in the same galaxy or even the same universe. And even if they were, there was a lot of leeway in when the planets were in relation to each other.

Maybe it's like that for the TSAB too. Their magitech allows them to travel from world to world, but they have no guarantee they stay in the same universe or not. For all they know, it could all be in one universe. Or it could be one planet per universe.
Old 2009-04-12, 15:09   Link #1218
Once and Current Subber

I'm going to assume that the TSAB knows when it's actually transiting between universes. They've got SOME method of navigation and exploration, it's not purely "okay, let's go in THIS wormhole and see what's at the other end!"

That said, while it's possible that more than one TSAB planet is in the same universe, with their technology, it doesn't matter. They don't have "normal" faster-than-light travel. When they travel from planet to planet, they enter whatever funky hyperspace/dimensional sea/whatever we always see the ships traveling through, move there, then come out in the vicinity of what they're looking for.

We know it's not a wormhole because the vessels can navigate, change destination, and even get attacked in transit. This implies that it's possible to detect a vessel in "nearby" dimensional space if you know what to look for.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:10   Link #1219
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If its not wormholes, then its sub or hyperspace travel, most probably subspace though, because hyperspace are still quite one directional like a wormhole.

In subspace you can navigate that space and end up elsewhere when you exit it, you just have to figure out which subspace freeway to follow and which exit to go to.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-12, 17:59   Link #1220
Once and Current Subber

CA, keep in mind that "subspace" and "hyperspace" aren't trademarked terms, and don't function consistently across multiple SF universes. Nor do most of them feature the kind of casual dimensional travel that the TSAB can perform...

I seem to remember "dimensional space" being the term used, at any rate.
Closed Thread