AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-28, 11:56   Link #201
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Inu Yasha Movie 3 Review

Long last, after about 30 days of hard-work and continuous dl, I managed to get Movie 3 past Monday and watched it yesterday.

This is the movie that I'd long awaited to see, and it delivered very much to me almost.

"The Sword of World Conquest" is yet another InuYasha movie that further expands the story of the anime TV series, therefore, I do not assume to be out of continuity.
Movie 3 lasts slightly less than the previous movies, but ninety-seven minutes were worth of my time to enjoy it.

As I said earlier, this movie delivered reluctantly almost to me. Why almost?
Because it's only flaw laid that the animation had its ups and downs.
During the dramatic and standalone scenes like Sesshoumaru v.s. InuYasha duel or very much the prologue scene when Inu noTaisho goes to rescue Izayoi, the animation staff again did they pulled out the quality to its uttermost sublimeness.

However, the animation went far downhill during the outside battlefield scenes against the zombie army. Either they were running out of time or budget or want to focus only in the duels of both InuYasha and Sesshou-maru.

Anyways, the strength of this movie lies in its action content. Action fans would be very please how they handled all the fight sequences plus the duels. Almost everyone of both the Inu & Sesshou gangs had and used their chances to show off their skills and powers; except for some very obvious and quite useless characters more among the ranks of the Inu gang.

It's a standard that within all InuYasha movies they inserted BGM tracks and musical scores directly borrowed from the TV series OSTs. However, for this movie, the music actually did enhanced the mood, atmosphere, and setting all over the top than in the previous two films. Which was way more pleasant to hear and listen all the way.

Much beautiful was the ending theme for this movie, "Four Seasons", ran when the ending credits scrolled. Another song that I'll begin search for it.

The villain, Sou'unga, was made and designed to be more of an action or warrior villain, however, if you're a pure action fan you won't feel disappointed about it.
It really displayed such cool, marvelous manifestations of power, destruction, and dueling.

The third film finally narrates us about the origins of InuYasha and his parents. It also connects events that happened in the TV series within this movie.
For example, it did followed the timeline continuity when Myouga meant how did Inu noTaisho got his severed wounds from and then fought to rescue his beloved Izayoi.
Refer to InuYasha TV episodes 53-54, and you'll know what I mean.

Another example, the animation recreated and reenacted InuYasha and Sesshou-maru's first duel from TV series episode 7. Gorgeous it was in the animation and action departments, and also it is told what became of Sesshou-maru's severed left-arm.

This movie also allow me to understand Sesshou-maru's grudge against InuYasha and the human race. Before this movie, I always thought that Sesshou-maru hated humans because people likely had killed his mother, and his father disgraced both his mate and his pride by falling in love with a human girl. Sesshou-maru's mother is not someone likely to be important for Rumiko to bother to introduce in the manga, but I assumed that was the reason.
However, I was mistaken after seeing the third film because what drives Sesshou-maru is the same thing that drives us all: ambition to gain on more power.
You have to watch movie 3 to understand what I mean to.

However, the most important of all was the message left by Inu noTaisho to his sons. That is to cooperate and overcome obstacles together but reluctantly.
I wonder by the end of the manga will InuYasha and Sesshou-maru find or acknowledge respect each one to the other?
I said respect not kindness. If both will acknowledge that the other is equally strong and has won their proper respect.

Finally, this movie explores InuYashas' feelings regarding to his father just as Sesshou-maru's. I was touched when both siblings were fighting against each other and did not wanted to cooperate just as their father wish them to do so.
It explores also about boy's nature to surpass or overcome someone who they regard to be either a hero or role model for them and becoming even greater or better.

Overall, this movie awesome delivered in both plot and action departments. I patiently wait day after day for this movie, and my patience paid off. This one definitely will not let you down, I'll assure you.

Now let's just wait next year for Movie four to be released in the net and DVD, long after its theatrical release.

FACTS for this movie.
- Strangely that both Inuyasha and Kagome did not ran into any accidents with arrows in this film.

-This film introduces the Jiji or old geezers trio: Myouga (who escapes at first chance), Toutousai (absentminded who tells the important stuff when its convenient for him to do so), and welcome Saya (the sword sheath who slacked off and forgets everything when feeling to be blamed; no doubt friend of Myouga's)

-There's no wicked third. Miroku fully and cynnically shows off his lechery with no inhibitions at all to the 'Heaven' power. Talk about butt rubbing, let's see how he behaves in the next movie.

-This movie revolves around InuYasha and Sesshou-maru, therefore, both their parties are being involved as well to the extent of even cooperating and exchanging conversations between them.
This is the first time I've ever seen for Kagome and Rin to be talking to each other, helping themselves, and being tender to each other.

-Although the Sesshou gang lacks a lot in members, his team proved to be helpful all the way to the end of battle. On the contrary, the Inu gang has powerful members as well full weak members: Myouga and Saya totally useless; Shippou bantering about his skills, but he too was a dupe in the battle.

-I was interested about the spiritual theme regarding the three swords about their relations with the three realms: Tenseiga - Heaven ; Tessaiga - Earth ; Sou'unga - Hell.

-For the pleasure of anti-Kikyo fans, she doesn't appear in this film.

-According to the anime plot continuity:
In this movie, the Inu-gang are searching for the almost completed Shikon no Tama, adding to the fact that Kikyo's absent in this film, I would pressume that movie three happens between InuYasha TV episodes 136-137.
There were several filler episodes at the start of season five.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 14:08   Link #202
Rizzler
Banned

Inuyasha

can anyone tell me wich chapter or volyme in the manga the inuyasha anime series ended on??
Rizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 03:08   Link #203
Tontzai

Question about Inuyasha.

I would like to know that does the serie's story line continue in the any of those Inuyasha movies? Since the series kinda stopped too early. Or is there perhaps coming new episodes of Inuyasha that will continue the story line? I would like to get answer for these questions, thanks.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-12 at 04:24. Reason: Threads merged. Please search before creating a new thread.
Tontzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 03:20   Link #204
ZeroKun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tontzai
I would like to know that does the serie's story line continue in the any of those Inuyasha movies? Since the series kinda stopped too early. Or is there perhaps coming new episodes of Inuyasha that will continue the story line? I would like to get answer for these questions, thanks.
The movies have nothing to do with the story of the series. The series is suppose to be on a "long" break, in the future new episodes will air.
ZeroKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 04:45   Link #205
Tontzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
The movies have nothing to do with the story of the series. The series is suppose to be on a "long" break, in the future new episodes will air.
Thanks from clearing that up, Guess i have to wait patiently for the new episodes... I was watching Inuyasha movie II and Naraku didnt seem to have the "mighty" barrier that he has in the series, So i kinda figured it out from that. Anyway, thank you.
Tontzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 11:55   Link #206
7thMethuselah

After finally watching the last two episodes, I think it's better to have a postponed ending than a crappy rushed one. The moment they introduced yet another new monster I allready knew it wasn't gonna end. I guess a movie will have to wrap up all the loose ends. Ah well, Inu Yasha is still a great series (despite all the fillers).

There's only one thing I really wanna know now, what is gonna happen to on of my favorites : Kagura?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 13:27   Link #207
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
After finally watching the last two episodes, I think it's better to have a postponed ending than a crappy rushed one. The moment they introduced yet another new monster I allready knew it wasn't gonna end. I guess a movie will have to wrap up all the loose ends. Ah well, Inu Yasha is still a great series (despite all the fillers).

There's only one thing I really wanna know now, what is gonna happen to on of my favorites : Kagura?
Lol, do you REALLY want to know?

The main thing i want to know is what'll happen to Kohaku and Koga's shards...if either of them lose it...then i can't say it'll lead to a happy conclusion...especially for Kohaku

BTW Zerokun - as far as i know it hasn't been announced publically that future episodes will air...right now noone is certain how they'll wrap up the series...

It might be a "second" season type thing...they might finish with OVA's....or movies...right now we can only wait to see which of the three (if not 2 or all 3 methods) they'll choose
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 14:07   Link #208
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Personal Point of View:

Unlike Ranma 1/2, InuYasha pretty much cover a lot from the manga up to half of volume 36.

I think right now the manga is running between volumes 39-40, and I perceive some faint signs that is going to end next year. Not entirely sure about, though.

So it's safe for me to assume that in an uncertain future they're going to wrap up the rest of the anime as OVA episodes to conclude it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 14:27   Link #209
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Lol, do you REALLY want to know?

The main thing i want to know is what'll happen to Kohaku and Koga's shards...if either of them lose it...then i can't say it'll lead to a happy conclusion...especially for Kohaku
Yeah I do

The one thing I don't understand is why Naraku keeps going after Kagome's shard , why doesn't he try to get those two from Kouga????
Old 2004-10-17, 17:18   Link #210
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Yeah I do

The one thing I don't understand is why Naraku keeps going after Kagome's shard , why doesn't he try to get those two from Kouga????
Lol, i would say it...but it'll take away from actually seeing what happens...

If you want, read the manga...i forget which chapter it was but it happenned fairly recently

As for the shards...I guess it's easier to find Kagome/InuYasha then it is Kouga...so he might as well go after the ones that are closer to him
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 17:27   Link #211
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Lol, i would say it...but it'll take away from actually seeing what happens...

If you want, read the manga...i forget which chapter it was but it happenned fairly recently

As for the shards...I guess it's easier to find Kagome/InuYasha then it is Kouga...so he might as well go after the ones that are closer to him
Sure I wanna read the manga, problem is Inu Yasha manga is only available up to 25 or so around here ,not to mention I only have it up to vol 11.... Ah well I guess I'll try to find it somewhere...
Old 2004-10-20, 17:46   Link #212
Hattori-Kun

Send a message via AIM to Hattori-Kun Send a message via MSN to Hattori-Kun
Deleted post

Last edited by Hattori-Kun; 2004-10-20 at 18:31.
Hattori-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 17:51   Link #213
ramune

Actually I was thinking "Whoa, this guy didn't read the forum rules."

Asking for licensed anime torrents is not allowed on this forum.

Also, please resize your signature before xris nukes you.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:26   Link #214
Hattori-Kun

Send a message via AIM to Hattori-Kun Send a message via MSN to Hattori-Kun
Okay.
I'll try to be more fit next time.
Sorry for both my mistakes.
Hattori-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 00:48   Link #215
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

inuyasha english?

i just finished inuyasha
and im thinking.
was japan not a locked up country during the
sengoku times?
then howcome there are some many ,okay,boy, and other english words thrownround like a football by youkai?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-15 at 01:43. Reason: threads merged
gothlink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 00:56   Link #216
AnimeFangirl

Ummm... You must be quite mistaken. I've been reading the Inuyasha manga in Japanese for quite a long time (what, 5 years already? @_@) and I've never heard any youkai throwing around any English words at all. The only ones who use foreign words are Kagome and the people in modern times. Are you watching the dubbed English version or some shoddy subs or are you simply mishearing things? Or maybe the anime makers messed things up, I wouldn't know because I don't watch IY anime.
Old 2004-11-15, 00:59   Link #217
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Ummm... You must be quite mistaken. I've been reading the Inuyasha manga in Japanese for quite a long time (what, 5 years already? @_@) and I've never heard any youkai throwing around any English words at all. The only ones who use foreign words are Kagome and the people in modern times. Are you watching the dubbed English version or some shoddy subs or are you simply mishearing things? Or maybe the anime makers messed things up, I wouldn't know because I don't watch IY anime.
in episode 147 agiant otter said that shipouh was a nice ,boy,
Old 2004-11-15, 01:02   Link #218
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

kay maybe i over exzaderated but i do hear english by some youkai
Old 2004-11-15, 01:50   Link #219
Hoshino Hikari
<3

I finished Inuyasha a while ago but I'm really wondering.. Will there be a second season? I really REALLY hope sooo.. I love Inuyasha! I've been watching it for so long, I miss it so much already..
I know theres going to be a movie and I hear there will be OVA's too.. but.. GR! I want more of the series!! T__T; The manga is still going.. my boyfriend said maybe they are just stopping with the anime for a while intill there is more to the manga..
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 07:27   Link #220
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino Hikari
I finished Inuyasha a while ago but I'm really wondering.. Will there be a second season? I really REALLY hope sooo.. I love Inuyasha! I've been watching it for so long, I miss it so much already..
I know theres going to be a movie and I hear there will be OVA's too.. but.. GR! I want more of the series!! T__T; The manga is still going.. my boyfriend said maybe they are just stopping with the anime for a while intill there is more to the manga..
Second season, and here I thought we just ended the 7th or 8th season

Well, taking the popularity of Inu Yasha in consideration you can be pretty sure that there will be more of it, at least a number of OVA and/or movies. The problem is indeed that they have caught up to the manga. The coming manga chapters will very likely be animated as well, a whole new series however? that I wouldn't know and I think it's too early to tell at this point.

Oh, check out the third IY movie, it rocks, and if I'm not mistaked around new year a 4th IY movie will be released.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen