Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-02-13, 12:24   Link #1641
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
There is 38 chapters of the manga left to animate so while that should be 18 episodes at most with this series probably another filler at the half way point or lots of flashback filler because that's how this anime goes.

The entire 700 chapter manga could be done in 360 episodes (10 above the 2 chapters per episode average for more detailed fights and the handful of extended chapters) and yet the anime is at 618 this has to be a record amount of filler.
A rough estimation is that's 20 wks of uninterrupted canon material and if they were to do this in coordination with release of storm 4 (likely mo earlier than sept) the current filler could go on at least another two months...ugh

But more likely as you said they'll interrupt the canon material to drag out flashbacks/dreams/wishes and I foresee one very obvious point in the story where that could happen. Oh boy....
Old 2015-02-14, 01:53   Link #1642
Alena_92

I must say I'm kinda dissapointed again from this episode..action is just ok..yeah too much of team gai..how about team 8, team 10 and other teams..like fu's team and hidden rain shinobi..at least they should have shown something about them, even a bit..like a teaser for their plans and or something relevant that they do that would be something to look forward to..to keep the excitement going..I should say this episode is written poorly.. i like neji's character but it's too redundant..and yeah showing Shira was ok..he's strong character something to look forward to..What I only like about here is team Shira..This team has so much potential.a sensory, genjutsu/medic nin and taijutsu shinobi..but they are weak..They don't have a good ninjutsu shinobi that is good in long range and close combat attacks..which is why Konoha is better in assembling shinobi teams..
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 10:34   Link #1643
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

...they're doing filler?

Haven't watched the show since some time around Sasuke fighting Danzo/Kisami dying (I don't remember which happened last). Guess I'll hold out till the show is actually done before watching.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 17:07   Link #1644
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena_92 View Post
I must say I'm kinda dissapointed again from this episode..action is just ok..yeah too much of team gai..how about team 8, team 10 and other teams..like fu's team and hidden rain shinobi..at least they should have shown something about them, even a bit..like a teaser for their plans and or something relevant that they do that would be something to look forward to..to keep the excitement going..I should say this episode is written poorly.. i like neji's character but it's too redundant..and yeah showing Shira was ok..he's strong character something to look forward to..What I only like about here is team Shira..This team has so much potential.a sensory, genjutsu/medic nin and taijutsu shinobi..but they are weak..They don't have a good ninjutsu shinobi that is good in long range and close combat attacks..which is why Konoha is better in assembling shinobi teams..
Yeah I'm sure the other Konoha teams will get their fair amount of screen time. Otherwise what's the point how they all became chuunin filler right?
Old 2015-02-17, 05:46   Link #1645
Alena_92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Yeah I'm sure the other Konoha teams will get their fair amount of screen time. Otherwise what's the point how they all became chuunin filler right?
yeah, absolutely right..this is about konoha 11..but then, im hoping this filler arc is not a waste time i really like the concept of chunin exams..this is one of the main reason why i got hooked on Naruto series from the start.
Old 2015-02-19, 12:28   Link #1646
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 12:42   Link #1647
DKN117

Filler... and filler... and filler... and filler... and filler... and filler... and filler...

"Can Naruto and Sasuke be saved? Can Madara be stopped? Find out in the next manga-canon Naruto episodes - coming November... of 2016!"
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 13:15   Link #1648
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

You'd think we'd get development for the Konoha 11 but nope, we need a Rock Lee 2.0 and focus on him instead, because people care about him.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 00:11   Link #1649
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
You'd think we'd get development for the Konoha 11 but nope, we need a Rock Lee 2.0 and focus on him instead, because people care about him.
Typical Studio Pierrot. They actually think anyone cares about their stupid filler characters. Especially with the manga over and people only tuning in to see some background on the real characters. Why the hell would anyone care about filler characters now? Bleh.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 00:23   Link #1650
The Green One

Because while the watchers will whine, moan, and complain they'll still watch anyway so why should they care what the viewers think?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 06:19   Link #1651
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I kinda hope Naruto gets axed, like Bleach was and then they continue to tell the canon story as a movie series.
Old 2015-02-20, 06:42   Link #1652
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Considering how much canon material is left to cover, I think the anime will finish with the manga material by the end of September. Though I wonder if the Epilogue Light Novels will also be animated...
Old 2015-02-20, 14:15   Link #1653
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Considering how much canon material is left to cover, I think the anime will finish with the manga material by the end of September. Though I wonder if the Epilogue Light Novels will also be animated...
I think it's already confirmed that Naruto will continue even after the Manga material is done.
Old 2015-02-20, 18:37   Link #1654
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Because while the watchers will whine, moan, and complain they'll still watch anyway so why should they care what the viewers think?
Well, other anime did get cancelled when they went to filler hell. Naruto filler generally gets the same ratings as Naruto canon since the little kids in Japan don't care.

But given the whole point of the arc was to show how the K11 made chuunin, and then the focus is all about stupid filler characters no one cares about, even they might have a breaking point.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 02:51   Link #1655
Alena_92

This arc went down on 2nd exam..really..It's boring to watch..and we have Lee the impatient..It would make more sense if they fight in the actual battle for the best taijutsu title. and who ever loses gave up their scroll.fighting in the middle of nowhere is just a waste of time and energy..This is a freaking chunin exam and here we have team Guy fooling around..
Old 2015-02-21, 05:01   Link #1656
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Well, other anime did get cancelled when they went to filler hell. Naruto filler generally gets the same ratings as Naruto canon since the little kids in Japan don't care.

But given the whole point of the arc was to show how the K11 made chuunin, and then the focus is all about stupid filler characters no one cares about, even they might have a breaking point.
I hope they do. This much disrespect to their audience can't be rewarded. Naruto needs to get axed, it needed to get axed when it went to filler hell in Part 1.

Who wants to bet that they're going to do Naruto Shippuden Brotherhood once they're officially done.
Old 2015-02-21, 05:05   Link #1657
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I think it's already confirmed that Naruto will continue even after the Manga material is done.
I remember hearing that claim a while back but I never found or read any direct proof or evidence backing up the statement.
Old 2015-02-21, 05:09   Link #1658
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I remember hearing that claim a while back but I never found or read any direct proof or evidence backing up the statement.
I don't have any cold-proff either, people at reddit told me and judging how much downvotes I got just by asking it, I believe it. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.
Old 2015-02-22, 03:15   Link #1659
Ero-Senn1n

The filler characters are not bad, but the plot is horrible as usual. The written exam part was kinda ok, even if they dragged it for a long time. The parts about Gaara were ok too, but in episodes 399 and 400 the characters were often retarded and inconsistent. I had to skip over most of the Lee parts and even then it felt boring. I'm sure there are lot of fanfiction writers on the internet who could write a better story for about 50 episodes of filler chuunin exam ( i'm guessing it will be looong because of the very slow pace of recent episodes ). BTW apparently they use the "fanservice" card to make us forget about the bad plot: it seems like every second sand village genin is a nice looking kunoichi
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 05:56   Link #1660
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

The thing that upsets me about this fillers is that they have an opportunity to give characters from the manga some screen time and yet they introduce new characters which will never appear outside of the given arc and introduce their backstory that resembles some character's childhood. The dynamic of Gaara/Naruto is being used in nearly every fillers they make, filler character X bonds with Manga character Y through their bad childhood.

It's getting old. And it's really uninteresting. Shira is a Rock Lee 2.0 and we are told that this Shira person is actually better than Lee and has suffered more than he had. *rolls eyes*

They could show us the skills of the Konoha 11 and how they're ready to be chunnins but they focus on a Rock Lee 2.0. I don't know why they do this. Isn't there a single creative mind in the writing room?

Production value is pretty neat though, I'm loving the scenery, artists are doing a pretty good job. Last episode had a pretty decent action scene too even if it was poorly animated, it was still quite enjoyable. Storyboard artists are doing a good job as well.

This arc could have been so much more but it's going downhill, hopefully it will rise and surprise me by the end. (Also, I hope this is their last filler arc)

Tags
weekly episode discussion