AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2015-06-05, 19:59   Link #41
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Saw this announcement. I'm checking some of my threads and there may be some that needs to be moved too.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 14:38   Link #42
monster

If it's possible and not too much trouble given the current forum software, could the anime series subforums layout be optionally/alternatively sorted by starting seasons, like Spring 2015?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 23:27   Link #43
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If it's possible and not too much trouble given the current forum software, could the anime series subforums layout be optionally/alternatively sorted by starting seasons, like Spring 2015?
Late reply but... I'm not sure. In the Upcoming section we use thread prefixes to indicate this, but they go away when moved to Current and typically replaced with prefixes about the licensing/streaming situation. We could obviously create a whole bunch of sub-forums for each season, but I think that would get confusing for long-running shows because people won't know when they started airing. So the remaining method is probably using the tag system, but this has tended to be a bit underused (and oft-abused). We tried at one point to do a Wiki about anime airing each season, but that was a lot of work to maintain and didn't get a lot of traction.

All in all, tags are probably the easiest to implement, but would require some effort to setup and maintain. You could probably create an index thread somewhere that linked to the tag search for a given season, and that might work. Of course, there's some question about what should happen to shows that have sub-forums too...
Old 2015-06-28, 23:45   Link #44
monster

Thanks for the reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In the Upcoming section we use thread prefixes to indicate this, but they go away when moved to Current and typically replaced with prefixes about the licensing/streaming situation.
Instead of completely removing them, would you consider adding them to the end of the thread/subforum title? It has the added bonus of being searchable by thread title and it's consistent with shows that get remade at a future date with the exact same title.
Old 2015-07-04, 00:40   Link #45
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Thanks for the reply. Instead of completely removing them, would you consider adding them to the end of the thread/subforum title? It has the added bonus of being searchable by thread title and it's consistent with shows that get remade at a future date with the exact same title.
It gets auto-removed, so we'd have to remember to add it back. It's not impossible anyway, at least in most cases, though sometimes the thread titles can be a bit long/unwieldy already. We'll think about this.
Old 2015-07-04, 01:41   Link #46
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It gets auto-removed, so we'd have to remember to add it back. It's not impossible anyway, at least in most cases, though sometimes the thread titles can be a bit long/unwieldy already. We'll think about this.
Sure, I understand about some of the long title names and, if you decide to do this, hopefully you can automate it without too much trouble. But anyway, I appreciate the consideration.
Old 2015-10-16, 02:13   Link #47
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Question to a mod available? I just found that one of the currently airing anime shows "Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru" is actually a novel. And I wanna try and put a novel-only thread for this since someone on the forum corroborated it for me.

Should I put it in the Light Novel section?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 08:24   Link #48
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Should I put it in the Light Novel section?
Yes, the Light Novel section would be the appropriate place for your thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote