AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-10, 00:53   Link #21
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Next up, a decent explanation of how the 'battle commander' works.

On a lighter note: there's a humorous comparison that just begs to be made given how threat level is represented...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 22:56   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looking good from what I read and Kaos said that DLC's been worked on right now for story mode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 01:42   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally saw someone finish this game.
Spoiler for Review:
Old 2011-03-21, 00:22   Link #24
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I've just finished this game yesterday. This is what Code Geass anime really inspires to this game to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 06:58   Link #25
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Finished the game and I am going back to DA2.

Don't buy the game. Just rent it : it isn't worth it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 07:35   Link #26
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
^I mean seriously, what's up with the ending? KAOS Studios who brought us Frontlines Fuel of war last 3 years must be a reason for all of this.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 13:39   Link #27
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
It's like they tried to make a new Freedom fighter's game (A game I absolutely adore) out of Blacksite Area 51 (a game I absolutely despise.)

*Goes to the corner of woe and cries.*
Old 2011-03-21, 17:38   Link #28
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Bitterly disappointed =/

The single player is criminally short and to me seems like they cut it in half and saved the second half for an inevitable sequel.

As well as that the whole game just feels sluggish and clunky and looks/plays like it came out 5 years ago.

Wishing I just rented it instead of actually buying it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 22:46   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Japanese/Asian official site.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-03-23, 08:05   Link #30
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why are the NKs using American weapons?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:04   Link #31
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Story spoiler:

Old 2011-03-23, 21:42   Link #32
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
To put it another way, they followed some of Sun Tzu's advice, like the part of how a bushel of the enemy's provisions is worth twenty of your own. Bur for all they did right, one can easily argue that they completely bombed in terms of handling the victory. Here's a quote that sums it up nicely:

Spoiler for Quote by PolishSovreign@GameFAQs:

See also the Evil Overlord List... one item thereupon points out that you're much less likely to have to deal with an insurrection if the people like your administration.
Old 2011-03-24, 03:27   Link #33
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I didn't really see the single player as any shorter then say COD or MW, its just that the way HF ends that really highlights it. It's so sudden and there is no.. conclusion. It doesn't help that, to me, the story line (while good) seemed quite secondary to the overall game. It reeks of sequelitis. Heck the thing played like a novel to me, the first novel in a series. Hell could say the game was an interactive novel.

Kinda wish games would have longer single players campaigns. I see it bandied around that 5hrs is a good length so it can be finished in one or two sittings due to the attention span of the target audience and it really irritates me... I miss 10-12hr (or more) long games. The focus on multi-player infuriates me no end because it seems as though the single player is sacrificed in favor of it (even if I do enjoy MP).

Edit: heh Evil Overlord list is awesome, I reckon a good satirical game or something could be made about it. Mmm closest I could think of would be Dungeons (where you play an Evil Dungeon Lord trying to rebuild your Evil Empire after your girlfriend pulled a fast one on you).
Old 2011-03-24, 13:37   Link #34
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I didn't really see the single player as any shorter then say COD or MW, its just that the way HF ends that really highlights it. It's so sudden and there is no.. conclusion. It doesn't help that, to me, the story line (while good) seemed quite secondary to the overall game. It reeks of sequelitis. Heck the thing played like a novel to me, the first novel in a series. Hell could say the game was an interactive novel.
I was thinking recently that the storyline would've been a good jumpoff point for a game in the style of Republic: The Revolution (an amusing 'Let's Play' can be found here)...

Quote:
Kinda wish games would have longer single players campaigns. I see it bandied around that 5hrs is a good length so it can be finished in one or two sittings due to the attention span of the target audience and it really irritates me... I miss 10-12hr (or more) long games.
Agreed; we need more meaty campaigns (Crysis 2 is trying hard to be a good example; the original Deus Ex comes to mind, and hopefully the upcoming prequel will follow suit).

Quote:
The focus on multi-player infuriates me no end because it seems as though the single player is sacrificed in favor of it (even if I do enjoy MP).
Yep. If you're going to make a multiplayer-only game (i.e. BF1943, Blacklight: Tango Down, or the upcoming Hybrid), that's all well and good... but if you're going to include a singleplayer component, it had better be respectable. By the way, it'll be interesting to see if Timegate (the Section 8 devs) have learned this.

Quote:
Edit: heh Evil Overlord list is awesome, I reckon a good satirical game or something could be made about it. Mmm closest I could think of would be Dungeons (where you play an Evil Dungeon Lord trying to rebuild your Evil Empire after your girlfriend pulled a fast one on you).
Interestingly, there is a nod to the EOL in Just Cause 2: one of the high-value targets is noted as being one of the more competent of that lot precisely because he exhibits the intelligence of a five-year-old.
Old 2011-03-25, 03:06   Link #35
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I finished this in about 3-4 hours. Didn't get a chance at MP, but in SP the drones were fun, especially one brief glorious moment in the end.

The game just kind of tries too hard. And doesn't really work out. Of all the things that annoyed me it was not being able to salvage ammo and weapons in game.

What I really want after playing this is Freedom Fighter 2.
Old 2011-03-26, 23:19   Link #36
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
What I really want after playing this is Freedom Fighter 2.
Freedom fighters. ;_;
Why don't you work on my computer anymore? Why don't you have a sequel? *Sob*
Old 2011-03-31, 10:52   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japanese TV ad
Old 2011-04-03, 22:27   Link #38
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Nice find.

Old 2011-07-30, 20:52   Link #39
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Playing the Multiplayer demo right now for PS3.

Shiet's so much fun. I hope the community's decently active when I get this game.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:04   Link #40
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well sequel's coming by 2014. With a novel out. And some fanfiction.

Tags
homefront, thq