AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-12, 07:06   Link #26941
Ridwan

I don't know man. I'm a loyal follower of terrorist media and other pro-Islamist leftist sources
Old 2013-03-12, 07:57   Link #26942
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Not sure if being sarcastic or...

I follow both biases such as Arutz Sheva, Al Jazeera and Hamas on twitter (mainly to see the BS they post. Sometimes it's funny) as well as the IDF. For example on the Twitter accounts, Hamas spokespersons were tweeting about rockets they fired hitting civilian buildings. I can vouch for the accuracy of these claims. I never saw the IDF tweeting and glorifying [enemy] civilian casualties.

Last edited by thevil1; 2013-03-12 at 08:14.
Old 2013-03-12, 08:39   Link #26943
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Not sure if being sarcastic or...

I follow both biases such as Arutz Sheva, Al Jazeera and Hamas on twitter (mainly to see the BS they post. Sometimes it's funny) as well as the IDF. For example on the Twitter accounts, Hamas spokespersons were tweeting about rockets they fired hitting civilian buildings. I can vouch for the accuracy of these claims. I never saw the IDF tweeting and glorifying [enemy] civilian casualties.
They are actually posting them? That's BS! As if that will add many "followers".
Old 2013-03-12, 08:52   Link #26944
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

British Report Says Police Failed to Pursue Savile Sex Charges

Quote:
The review of police conduct revealed a catalog of poor procedures and missed opportunities and an unwillingness to pursue accusations against one of the country’s most famous celebrities, whose renown also inhibited many possible victims from coming forward.

“One of the reasons why allegations were not made at the time or investigations were not conducted as they might have been centers on Savile’s status,” said the report. “He was a well-known national celebrity, praised for his substantial fund-raising efforts, and a household name to many.”
Surprise. Telling police that your girlfriend was assaulted by a famous media personality gets the response that you could be arrested for making such claims. One hopes that the police are more open to pursuing such claims in 2013 than in 1964, but I'm not convinced. I'm sure that most of those people who remained mum about being molested by the television star would still be reluctant to report the event today. As Her Majesty's Inspector of Constabulary observes, “More needs to be done, and it is neither enough nor correct to say ‘This couldn’t happen now.’ ”
Old 2013-03-12, 12:30   Link #26945
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
On the outskirts of Munich, among gnarled oak trees and sculpted angels, stands the grave of Albert Göring. I have made a pilgrimage to bid farewell to this man I never met, yet have grown to know so well. For three years I have retraced his footsteps, visiting his old haunts, trying to put a face to the Göring that history has forgotten. The surname is familiar, thanks to Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring, the notorious Nazi leader and war criminal. Albert, his younger, little-known brother, was his antithesis – a Holocaust hero who devoted himself to saving hundreds of Jews and political dissidents, persecuted by the very regime his brother had helped to forge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ering-brothers
that was a interesting read.
Old 2013-03-12, 15:02   Link #26946
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Japan Taps New Offshore Energy Resource

Quote:
Japan said Tuesday that it had extracted gas from offshore deposits of methane hydrate — sometimes called “flammable ice” — a breakthrough that officials and experts said could be a step toward tapping a promising but still little-understood energy source.

The gas, whose extraction from the undersea hydrate reservoir was thought to be a world first, could provide an alternative source of energy to known oil and gas reserves. That could be crucial especially for Japan, which is the world’s biggest importer of liquefied natural gas and is engaged in a public debate about whether to resume the country’s heavy reliance on nuclear power.
Estimates suggest that the methane hydrate in Japanese waters could fulfill Japan's gas needs for a century. However the impact of burning methane, a known "greenhouse" gas, on climate is not well understood.
Old 2013-03-12, 15:52   Link #26947
Zakoo

I'm sorry but it's well known understood, when you exploit methane clathrate, there's a huge risk of letting CH4 coming from underwater, CH4 having a GWP by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar bigger than CO2, there's nothing worse than this.

No kidding, aside if JOCMEG managed to find a way to not make any leak after those ten years of research, that's really, really a bad idea.
Old 2013-03-12, 16:26   Link #26948
AnimeFan188

In Manifesto, Mexican Eco-Terrorists Declare War on Nanotechnology:

"Over the past two years, Mexican scientists involved in bio- and nanotechnology
have become targets. They’re not threatened by the nation’s drug cartels. They’re
marked for death by a group of bomb-building eco-terrorists with the professed
goal of destroying human civilization."

"A violent fringe group with anarcho-primitivist views — its name roughly
translates to “Individuals Tending to Savagery,” although “Tending to the Wild”
might be more exact — ITS sees technology and civilization as essentially doomed
and leading humanity to an ecological catastrophe. Technology should be
destroyed; humans should revert to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle; and all of this,
ITS says, is for our own good. Nanotechnology is a particular scourge: Self-
replicating nanobots will one day escape from laboratories to consume the Earth;
and weaponization of nanotech is inevitable."

See:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013...-ecoterrorism/
Old 2013-03-12, 17:11   Link #26949
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

New York Cop guilty of "Cannibal Plot"

Well fuck.

Spoiler for BBC article:

While I'm sure there's QUITE a bit of disgust for this guys particular fetish, I think it's important to consider what actually got this guy arrested. As horrific as it might sound (in the united states) writing about murder and cannibalism isn't illegal. Even getting turned on by it isn't illegal.

...but when you start making a list of actual people (some of whom you've met in real life, some of whom you've found information about illegally using police resources) who you'd like to murder, and how you would do it? I'm sorry. Maybe I don't love free speech as much as I should, but that just goes a bit too far beyond what can be reasonably interpreted as *imagination*.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:58   Link #26950
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I'm sorry but it's well known understood, when you exploit methane clathrate, there's a huge risk of letting CH4 coming from underwater, CH4 having a GWP by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar bigger than CO2, there's nothing worse than this.
My comment was based on the article. You are talking about methane itself which is unambiguously a greenhouse gas. The question raised in the article was its effects on the atmosphere when it is burned in comparison to burning natural gas.

I'm not a chemist so I have no basis for evaluating any of this.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:30   Link #26951
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

No kidding, aside if JOCMEG managed to find a way to not make any leak after those ten years of research, that's really, really a bad idea.
Well that's what happens when you force an entire national power system into shutdown because of overblown radiation fears, resulting in utter dependence on the cruel whims of the energy market

People get desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
My comment was based on the article. You are talking about methane itself which is unambiguously a greenhouse gas. The question raised in the article was its effects on the atmosphere when it is burned in comparison to burning natural gas.

I'm not a chemist so I have no basis for evaluating any of this.
Combusting methane gives back CO2 and water
Old 2013-03-12, 20:40   Link #26952
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that was a interesting read.
Fascinating how the brothers could follow such different paths, and it seemed they still shared a close bond even with an enormous ideological chasm between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well fuck.

Spoiler for BBC article:

While I'm sure there's QUITE a bit of disgust for this guys particular fetish, I think it's important to consider what actually got this guy arrested. As horrific as it might sound (in the united states) writing about murder and cannibalism isn't illegal. Even getting turned on by it isn't illegal.

...but when you start making a list of actual people (some of whom you've met in real life, some of whom you've found information about illegally using police resources) who you'd like to murder, and how you would do it? I'm sorry. Maybe I don't love free speech as much as I should, but that just goes a bit too far beyond what can be reasonably interpreted as *imagination*.
That's tough to judge. Of course the knee jerk disgust of such a plot needs to be carefully suppressed when judging his actions; you are indeed treading dangerously close to reality when you're naming specific parties that you'd like to murder/cannibalize. How in the world people have such fetishes and maintain a normal daily persona is so infinitely perplexing to me.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:49   Link #26953
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Boeing gets OK to test new 787 battery, wins big 737 order
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92B12S20130312
Old 2013-03-12, 23:11   Link #26954
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
That's tough to judge. Of course the knee jerk disgust of such a plot needs to be carefully suppressed when judging his actions; you are indeed treading dangerously close to reality when you're naming specific parties that you'd like to murder/cannibalize. How in the world people have such fetishes and maintain a normal daily persona is so infinitely perplexing to me.
He wasn't. The reason his wife decided to start checking out his computer was that their relationship started to get stressed after they married. That's pretty much my opinion of the situation as well. There's nothing illegal about horrific sex murder fantasies. But you get to dangerous territory between when you start specifically naming real life people you know as fantasy victims without their knowledge.

But really. I don't think that was even what nailed his ass in this case. What nailed his ass was that he illegally used a police crime data base to research, communicate, and meet with the women he was using in his fantasy scenarios. How much of a fantasy is it when you're breaking the law, and actively carrying out parts of the scenario (researching, communicating and meeting with the intended *victims*)?
Old 2013-03-12, 23:54   Link #26955
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the Boeing 737 has a very good record.
Old 2013-03-13, 13:34   Link #26956
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well the Boeing 737 has a very good record.
Recently, yes. In the 1990's? Not so much.
Old 2013-03-13, 14:28   Link #26957
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just head up new pope is chosen

Old 2013-03-13, 14:40   Link #26958
james0246

So they've chosen a new pope? Any different from the old one? It's always going to be some old white guy, but is this one even more out of touch with the world than the last?
Old 2013-03-13, 14:41   Link #26959
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

first Argentine and south american pope

Old 2013-03-13, 14:42   Link #26960
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So there is a new pope? Any different from the old one?
slightly younger, looks less like Gollum or Palpatine... that's about it?
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international