AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 17:59   Link #301
Midonin
Last Engage

The color scheme does match Jar Jar's. And he is a character who threw off the balance. And gave power to the Empire. But at least he's not in Lucas's hands anymore.

Last edited by Midonin; 2012-11-06 at 20:57.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 19:36   Link #302
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I love this show and will definitely get the dvd's once they are released eventually. That being said, I'm glad Media Blasters is no longer here not that I condone the company being shut down. However, at least other companies wouldn't snatch up the license and forever hold onto it in limbo. If the worst comes to worst, I would probably buy the original version.

I love this anime more for the fact, there were references from American movies more than anything and I loved it from the beginning. Much as I would like a sequel, I guess I'm at least happy to expect OVA next year.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:01   Link #303
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The new character seemed to be a mix of all the main characters. Kigu and Tetora's hair colour as well as Kigu's hairstyle, Gan's spectacles, and Kukuru's eyes. What about Marii? I'm not completely sure but it looks like her nose.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:35   Link #304
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I wished this show would have run forever, but everything good have to end i guess
Old 2012-11-10, 20:47   Link #305
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

for the episode 12... and the part with the ghost was very funny
Old 2012-11-11, 22:42   Link #306
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

While I finely watch the last 2eps and it was great it was such a shame for the long wait to get subbed but annoying girl was just great

8/10 some need to pick this up
Old 2012-11-19, 16:02   Link #307
TinkyWinky
Derpy derp

I waited to watch the 13th episode of Joshiraku, knowing that it would be the last, and finally I decided to watch it tonight ; now I'm both happy and sad, I fuckin hate this feel.
Joshiraku in one of these animes you would like to see more often : totally crazy, with a really good humor who manages to make you laugh without any moment of respite. The topics treated in the show are sometimes childish, sometimes mature, and it shows that Joshiraku does not take the viewer for a fool. The anime isn't here to take our money with just a disgusting and easy display of moe, but with a good dose of humor. (Oh, I like these animes as well but it was just to accentuate the fact that this show was really different from the others.)

Joshiraku is defintely a anime from this year that I will rewatch with a delightful pleasure later. At that, a question remains: season two, fuckin when?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. Frank Herbert
My twitter and My Anime List
TinkyWinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 03:29   Link #308
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the last episode and I loved the new character is annoying but it is a shame that appear in the last episode ... there will be a season 2?
Old 2012-11-21, 06:57   Link #309
jdennis007

If there is a season 2 they could spend the first episode talking about why or how there is a season 2 of it.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 02:28   Link #310
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I love this anime
Old 2012-12-10, 13:23   Link #311
Midonin
Last Engage

Whoever wrote Kigu's character song had the right idea. It regularly shifts between cutesy and death metal, with Kotori Koiwai half singing as both Kigu and Dark!Kigu. Joshiraku's got some really catchy songs on its discography.
Old 2013-03-06, 16:30   Link #312
Midonin
Last Engage

This is the last Joshiraku I'll probably get ever, so nothing to do but focus on it and... damn. That's exactly what I'm not supposed to do. Probably the most meta episode yet, with Kumeta making a rather lengthy on-screen appearance. The key thing I took from the first sketch is to not invite Marii to anything. Using metronomes to cure her rhythm made me think of this, though Marii falling asleep on a metronome's tune obviously removed some part of her soul. A little bit more. I mean it was pretty broken before this. Comedic pacing is important, and for a segment based on screwing it up, it itself had perfect rhythm. LOVED the Kamen Rider references. The scene shown looked to be a mixture of Black and Stronger, while Den-O got a more explicit reference in the third sketch.

The second segment was great. The Joshiraku girls being aware of their own voice actresses was a nice touch, and I was surprised at how knowledgeable Kigu was about the various manga publishers. More Kumeta, too, with the reference to his beginnings at a different publisher. The girls have paid respects to their animators, their publishers... I think there's no more lip service they can give.

The final segment (okay, so the OVA didn't acknowledge this as being an OVA like I thought) once again, had a lot of Kigu focus. And now I can't look at that word without thinking of the segment. Kigu's "focused" face kinda reminded me of how Naoe looked in Sengoku Collection. The reference to Acchan was nice, too. I don't think Kigu has the drive to become Center Nova, though, she's much more of a Sonata (on the outside). The anime "focusers" were also interesting, though as usual, I didn't sense any real malice. The barbs are saved more for the politicians, as barbs usually are. Nobody's calling Yui or Madoka or Kirito a "dictator." Also, to me, having the toilet and the bath in the same room is normal. Must be a cultural thing.

I wish this show could last as long as Zetsubou Sensei did, and maybe it will. But for now, I'm content to let it remain as a tight, extremely funny and somewhat cult classic comedy series. It's good to be off the radar.

Last edited by Midonin; 2013-03-06 at 20:34.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:57   Link #313
yindesu

Spoiler for picture identification:

Last edited by yindesu; 2013-03-07 at 01:17.
yindesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 00:59   Link #314
Midonin
Last Engage

They're distorted, but since Kukuru was talking about anime big sellers, those are Yui from K-ON! and Kirito from Sword Art Online. The only one I wasn't sure of was the upper left one.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:16   Link #315
yindesu

oh I'm dumb, I meant to ask what was on the left.
yindesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 01:27   Link #316
Azuma Denton
~AD~

The bottom left one is Madoka Magica.
I have no idea about the upper left one.

Finally Kohji Kumeta make an appearance in anime again.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:03   Link #317
Dawnstorm

Upper left: Rei Ayanami? (How is Rebuild doing in sales? Actually, the fact that it's a rebuild in the first place...)

Kukuru is really good at drawing Shoebills.

Seeing this OVA reminds me how much I missed the show. It's just brilliant. Best comedy of last year.

Aside: Anyone know what's up with Joshiraku X Shirokuma Café? First, J mentions SKC in the zoo episode; then Pengin san in SKC picks up Rakugo as a hobby, and now Mari engages in a Shirokuma-esque visual pun. Is that a back-and-forth that just happened? Do they have shared staff? I'm I overinterpreting (There was a shoebill in one of the earlier episodes of Shirokuma Café... Alright, I'm shutting up already..)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 09:22   Link #318
Dop
Mmmm....

I've always wondered why nobody attacks the hero during their transformation sequence, and now I know.

Great to see one more episode of this show, and I'd still love a second season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 17:17   Link #319
inisipis

I sure miss this shows comedy. Besides the informative tour to all the publishing houses, I especially like the Zoom/Focus lines sequence. Very funny.

It's nice that this episode's about editorial offices seems to connect with Mangirl!
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 00:41   Link #320
brocko

First thing that happens in the OVA? Marii getting clapped off stage bwahahaha Followed then by Kukuru trying to finish her routine despite the audience trying to clap her off too, poor girl lol. Shouts out to Marii, zombie mocchi maker too, hahaha absolutely love this show

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen