AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 12:01   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Claymore - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Claymore anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Claymore which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-02 at 14:16.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 17:54   Link #2
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Ah, there is a Claymore thread now, I'm glad. I'm new to the series and I've been checking out the anime. I like it. It has a Beserk feel to it with the medieval European settings, which are very well done. I do feel the animation is a little dated to be such a recent series though. Hopefully that will improve as the series goes on.

Now for the questions :

- How far is the manga ahead the anime?

- Why does it seem that all the Claymore are female? Are males incapable of becoming Claymores?

- Is there anything special about the Claymore swords themselves or are they just normal weapons?

- Do the "Men in Black" serve any purpose besides just collecting money and acting as messengers?

- Teresa freaked out that gang of bandits that wanted to rape her by exposing her chest. Are all the bodies of the Claymore disfigured/scarred as the result of being half-Youma or was this something unique to Teresa?

I suppose those are the major questions I'd like to know right now. I don't mind spoilers.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 20:25   Link #3
LCeh

I will answer the questions inside the quote ad if it's spoilerish I put it in a second spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Now for the questions :

- How far is the manga ahead the anime?

A: There are 72 chapters released right now. The anime episode 5 ended at the end of chapter 14. In other words, they are at the last chapter of volume 3 while there are 12 volumes of manga released.

- Why does it seem that all the Claymore are female? Are males incapable of becoming Claymores?

Spoiler:

- Is there anything special about the Claymore swords themselves or are they just normal weapons?

Spoiler:

- Do the "Men in Black" serve any purpose besides just collecting money and acting as messengers?

Spoiler:

- Teresa freaked out that gang of bandits that wanted to rape her by exposing her chest. Are all the bodies of the Claymore disfigured/scarred as the result of being half-Youma or was this something unique to Teresa?

Spoiler:

I suppose those are the major questions I'd like to know right now. I don't mind spoilers.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:31   Link #4
passenger

Spoiler for manga volume 5:

edit: oh i see i thought this subject was explored until most recent chapters. sorry

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-08 at 17:43.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:39   Link #5
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
Spoiler for manga volume 5:
Well, if you really want to talk about it, you can discuss about it in the Speculation & Theories thread.

This thread is meant more for specific questions, and not for discussion.

Cheers.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-08 at 17:43.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 10:54   Link #6
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm not completely sure if it's mentioned that all Claymore are like this, but the messenger does ask Clare in episode 2 if her little friend would like her so much if he saw her body.

Of course Clare had just had a Yoma punch through her stomach in episode 1, so I guess technically it's difficult to say for sure...
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 06:50   Link #7
Mandrake

I don't think it's the chest, as so much as the lower half.
Because in the manga
Spoiler:

it was rather normal
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:32   Link #8
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

So here's a simpler question: when on earth does Claymore air? I'm dying for a new episode, having marathoned the first eight.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:35   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
So here's a simpler question: when on earth does Claymore air? I'm dying for a new episode, having marathoned the first eight.
Tuesday Morning Pacific Coast Time. Around 7 or am.
Old 2007-05-29, 09:43   Link #10
avangion

How many episodes is the anime scheduled to run?

Anime Source says 26, but it doesn't give a proper source. So is this true? (Episode 8 is in manga scene 24. There are 70+ scenes to date, with the end of the story nowhere in sight. So, unless the anime comes to a very abrupt end, a total of 26 episodes just don't seem right.)
avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 17:45   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

There is no official answer to the number of episodes. However, if the show runs much over 26 episodes then the anime will have to make up its own ending, so 26 episodes is likely.

Please remember that Claymore manga chapters are only released once a month, not once a week like Bleach and Naruto. That means the filler would last 4 years if they don't stop around episode 26 or so.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-29, 17:48   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

There's one more indicator. 9 DVDs are listed, the first one with 2 eps, the next ones with 3 eps each. Makes 26 total.

The mangaka also indicated that he'd go for ~25 volumes manga total. Which would fit exactly with one more double season.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 17:58   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
There's one more indicator. 9 DVDs are listed, the first one with 2 eps, the next ones with 3 eps each. Makes 26 total.
That's enough to convince me. I'm adding the 26 episode quota to our series page for Claymore on AnimeSuki.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-01, 07:40   Link #14
zephyrmiasma

nippon tv listed 27 and i think thats official
zephyrmiasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 23:55   Link #15
lapchern

plz delete this post

Last edited by lapchern; 2007-06-03 at 04:11.
lapchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 02:40   Link #16
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's not a question that can be answered with facts presented in the anime or manga. That means this is not the right place to discuss it. I suppose you can ask that in The biology of Claymores.

Old 2007-06-05, 14:51   Link #17
velvet nightmare

why do some of the claymores have longer ears?

whats her name with the flashy swords has long ears for some reason like an elf
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 17:01   Link #18
SimplyEd
Claytard

Irene just looks that way. It's sort of a fanservice from Yagi-sensei.
It certainly gives her bonus points in character traits.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 01:12   Link #19
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
Irene just looks that way. It's sort of a fanservice from Yagi-sensei.
It certainly gives her bonus points in character traits.
Personally, I think the pointy ear thing just gives us an easy way to distinguish one Claymore from another. It's pretty hard to tell apart Claymores apart simply by the color of their eyes, color of their hair, their swords, clothing and equipment. Artistically speaking, that's as a good a reason as any to give them pointy ears.

Yes, there's yet another Claymore with pointy-ears.

Also, gray is the new black.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:06   Link #20
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Maybe it is side effect from the yoma flesh. Some external mutation bound to occur. Just a speculation.

Tags
claymore, q & a