AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 14:35   Link #1061
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
Another version manga...
Spoiler for for tidiness:
We need translations!

Yes!
Old 2008-03-09, 14:37   Link #1062
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It would have to be something related to the way Haruki will change his hair on a daily basis. Will Haruki have long hair then cut it down like Haruhi did? We have to make the appearance of that fetish more subtle rather then something just added in.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:41   Link #1063
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It would still make sense for Kyon to have a thing for ponytail. You don't need to arbitrarily change hairstyle, just as you don't need to change preference against glasses by Kyon.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:42   Link #1064
dreamoflife
SIDE

Send a message via AIM to dreamoflife
My image folder is growing exponentially and I love it.

You know, it'll be really weird when the second season (eventually, finally) comes out and everyone is their proper genders again...

And yeah, guys can have ponytails too. No reason why Kyon-chan couldn't like them still. Since we seem to have decided on spikes for Haruki's hair weirdness, maybe he could have tied his hair back during gym class once or something.
dreamoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:46   Link #1065
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
It would have to be something related to the way Haruki will change his hair on a daily basis. Will Haruki have long hair then cut it down like Haruhi did? We have to make the appearance of that fetish more subtle rather then something just added in.
It doesn't have to be hair, guys. She doesn't even need to have a fetish, for that matter.

I can add the haircut in on mine, though. In fact, I'm going to.

Of course, it'll be a lot shorter than Haruhi's, in any case.

Also, I've noticed some images have Haruki wearing headphones instead of the hairband... which do you guys want?

I'm going for the headphones, myself, but...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:50   Link #1066
dreamoflife
SIDE

She does sort of need to have some fetish, just because it is a plot point in the original-- she needs something along the lines of "hey you looked really hot when you _________" to say. But I think ponytails would still work.
Old 2008-03-09, 14:51   Link #1067
EternallyLost02

Send a message via AIM to EternallyLost02 Send a message via Yahoo to EternallyLost02
I'd go for head phones, it seems more fitting.
EternallyLost02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:51   Link #1068
Skane
Anime Snark

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
It would still make sense for Kyon to have a thing for ponytail. You don't need to arbitrarily change hairstyle, just as you don't need to change preference against glasses by Kyon.
You made me visualise Kyonko stroking her own ponytail seductively and dribbling over herself...

Mmm...
Old 2008-03-09, 14:52   Link #1069
dreamoflife
SIDE

I don't think the teachers would let him get away with wearing headphones in class... but then again in the original Kyon comments that they never seem to notice when Haruhi takes naps in class, so maybe it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 2008-03-09, 14:55   Link #1070
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
She does sort of need to have some fetish, just because it is a plot point in the original-- she needs something along the lines of "hey you looked really hot when you _________" to say. But I think ponytails would still work.
Well, remember what sparked that line was Haruhi's reaction to Kyon and Mikuru with the optical mouse.

I'd imagined Haruki saying something along the lines of "So, you like the cute shouta-type, do you?" and, in Closed Space, Kyon-ko saying something like "Actually, I like strong men who can take care of themselves". Cue makeout.

Not as FUNNY as ponytails, but I really can't see a girl having a fetish like that.

(Now I'm wondering which of the Host Club members Kyon-ko would choose. Probably Tamaki or Mori-senpai.)
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:56   Link #1071
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Maybe he puts 5 of them on a Friday .

Kyonko doesn't neccesarily needs a fetish; unless she wants to do some sort of line in the finale of the first novel. "Ponytails turn me on!" Infact how do you think Haruki would react to something like that? Most likely the same way Haruhi did...

The question is that should this rendition be very true to the story or can it have some major and minor changes.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-09, 15:02   Link #1072
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Given how the general tide of the writers here right now is to do a complete mentality switchover, this is more troublesome. For fan artists however, one need not be concerned about this trend at all, save for illustrationists that would visualize the passages of what's been written here thus far.

*for that matter, having male Kyon thinking in Kyonko's body cracks me up

(thinking of what to draw next)

edit: Maybe it's a good thing that Kyonko would not really be influenced by the mahou shoujo genre today. PreCure has really taken a page from the shounan fighting shows and there's the Nanoha beamspam influence as well.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-09 at 15:12.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:04   Link #1073
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Not as FUNNY as ponytails, but I really can't see a girl having a fetish like that.
I'm not sure if I should say this, but I kind of did when I was twelve
Not quite a fetish I should say though, just a small liking.

Anyway, my point is that it is not impossible for a girl to have such a fetish. Though I can't really say if Kyonko should have it... For some reason.

Quote:
Now I'm wondering which of the Host Club members Kyon-ko would choose. Probably Tamaki or Mori-senpai.)
I'd say Mori-senpai, because she'd probably find the rest a bit too restless. Since Mori-senpai hardly speaks, she could enjoy some rare peace and quiet time with him.

Okay, I'm over-speculating this

Last edited by Puffendahl; 2008-03-09 at 15:25.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:15   Link #1074
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Despite being danchou of genderbending, I will still muster enough willpower to say no to traps.
Spoilsport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You made me visualise Kyonko stroking her own ponytail seductively and dribbling over herself...

Mmm...
Mmm indeed.

Wait a minute..

We've got the stroking already. Now the seduction.

Quote:
Well, remember what sparked that line was Haruhi's reaction to Kyon and Mikuru with the optical mouse.

I'd imagined Haruki saying something along the lines of "So, you like the cute shouta-type, do you?" and, in Closed Space, Kyon-ko saying something like "Actually, I like strong men who can take care of themselves". Cue makeout.

(Now I'm wondering which of the Host Club members Kyon-ko would choose. Probably Tamaki or Mori-senpai.)
Does it need to be funny? I could go for a more romantic scene myself. Besides, we're stuffing in enough humor with this idea as it is, a little bit of serious romance couldn't hurt.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:17   Link #1075
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Serious romance in Suzumiya series? With Tanigawa's work, which after 9 volumes, still would have none of it? It's frustrating a load of readers with no end, and shouldn't that frustration be preserved? Maybe this is my contention with the way how the character design is structured here... as EternallyLost02 suggested, this is a divergence from the source material, and not a small one. As such, I will err on the side of dumping cold showers on the audience without hesitation.

People are free to construct that as they please. Be it fluff or Ouran redux. I am questioning only on the basis of what is the limit of variance to the source.

Edit: That, and please, do not kill the cynicism that runs within the original source...

ClockWorkAngel: Arakawa and Tamaru are all surnames, so they do not get a change. Yutaka (younger brother) and Keiichi's what you need to think about. Mori is also a surname. Arakawa's first name is not mentioned, so that's to be omitted.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-09 at 15:37.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:18   Link #1076
dreamoflife
SIDE

I dunno... I'm a girl who thinks ponytails are pretty hot. :x Whatever she says needs to be something that Haruki can obviously try to emulate the next day, anyway.

I know that whole optical mouse thing was what triggered the closed space, but I always thought that what triggered Kyon's specific line was a combination of 'say something that will throw Haruhi off balance' and psyching himself up for what he was about to do.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:21   Link #1077
EternallyLost02

Send a message via AIM to EternallyLost02 Send a message via Yahoo to EternallyLost02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Spoilsport.
Does it need to be funny? I could go for a more romantic scene myself. Besides, we're stuffing in enough humor with this idea as it is, a little bit of serious romance couldn't hurt.
Right I mean it's established that Kyonko is a closet romantic, if it got to such a scene it wouldn't be unheard of for her to 'get into the moment' more then say something clever. Also gives her some nice blushing and denial when she wakes up the next day... I think that would be a fair divergence from canon material there working on the character personalities.
EternallyLost02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 15:30   Link #1078
dreamoflife
SIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyLost02 View Post
Also gives her some nice blushing and denial when she wakes up the next day...
If there's one word that defines Kyon's feelings towards Haruhi it's "MASSIVE DENIAL". Okay, two words. So I don't know how romantic of a thing I can really imagine Kyon-chan saying... I can imagine her saying that he's not completely obnoxious all the time, but not much more than that, not this early.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:30   Link #1079
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

I'm writting intro for Remote Island Syndrom draft, what's a good name change for the brothers and Arakawa?

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-09, 15:33   Link #1080
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I somewhat agree with you there. Then again, the ponytail-line is commonly considered as one of the best lines in the whole series, so completely leaving it out might be... I don't know, a disappointment for some?

Personally I find both coming up with a substituting line and just making things more romantic good. However, obviously, the content of the possible substituting line is a bit of a problem right now, it seems.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan