AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 22:08   Link #1101
Fran~
floating away...

ahh... Kururu is super damn cute... yeah, she and Ikki has like zero chance to be together, but still she is super damn cute, the cover is beautiful with the wing formed by her tools!

This sure is an ultra bad omen for SF... Plot is making Ikki stronger and wiser, Kururu is making one hell of AT fusioning both regalias, Kogarasumaru is now a respectable team (Jiggy will not be easy though), so, this is telling me that the odds are against SF, the question is how hard and how many deaths and wounded this battle will have.

OG's telling us that here it comes two mini arcs: Koga vs Jiggy (probably short) and SF against Genesis (long to death).

I think that the GST will end here, like i said before, OG is not doing the typical "tournament" trope, i think that somehow, SF will be loose and Ikki will not stand that and Koga will charge against Genesis for good.
Old 2009-05-20, 22:26   Link #1102
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Ikki and Ringo look pretty damn cool/comfortable with one another on pg 16! they even have pet names for each other. Glass Money and Crow Head, how adorable!

Ringo also has set herself up for being Koga's number 1 supporter but that doesnt look good for Ringo...

I have a feeling she is going to lose some tendons and blood by the time Koga gets backs from the Jiggy match...poor Ringo.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 22:33   Link #1103
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Ikki and Ringo look pretty damn cool/comfortable with one another on pg 16! they even have pet names for each other. Glass Money and Crow Head, how adorable!
Yup, they were raised together by Rika, so since then that they called the other by those nick names.

Quote:
I have a feeling she is going to lose some tendons and blood by the time Koga gets backs from the Jiggy match...poor Ringo.
arghh... and OG is a sadist!!!...

BTW, how adorable was Yayoi looking how Kururu was working on Ikki's AT.
Old 2009-05-20, 23:46   Link #1104
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
ahh... Kururu is super damn cute... yeah, she and Ikki has like zero chance to be together, but still she is super damn cute, the cover is beautiful with the wing formed by her tools!
Well, I think Ringo's gonna get screwed. Simca's is in her current condition because of her. Either she, or Genesis gonna pay her(Ringo) back somehow.

Btw, why they show Simco in a standing position in that specific pg of ch.242?

And the only one unscathed is Kururu.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 13:39   Link #1105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good chapter , hilarious .
I agree Kururu was cute yeah , too bad , she won't be with Ikki .
Ringo and Ikki was cute together too .
Battle to the death begin . Damn , if Ringo will be hurt badly ...
I can see SF vs Genesis : Genesis win and after Koga vs Genesis .
IF its OG then we can get some deaths
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 14:54   Link #1106
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's gonna be close. With Ringo and Kilik alone, SF is formidable. But thanks to Sora up and being actually able to battle, put him with Nike and those two are crazy powerful. Ringo may want to win using the rules that govern the usual AT battles but as we've seen with how they took out the Rumble King, Nike's Genesis doesn't play by ANY rules. For that one reason is why I see Genesis coming out on top. But if SF manages to lose, that means that they can support Ikki unfettered - providing everything they see fit to help them beat Genesis.

Gathering the remaining riders of Osaka and the leading potential of SF under their wings, Ikki and Co. will get enough momentum to take on the giant. Beating them, will lie on Aeon Clock returning the Flame Regalia to Kazu and betraying the Takeuchi brothers. Even within Genesis, I bet that some people are more loyal to Simca's way of view rather than Sora's. If Genesis goes up against Koga with that, they are the most likely to self-destruct because of that.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:33   Link #1107
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It's gonna be close. With Ringo and Kilik alone, SF is formidable. But thanks to Sora up and being actually able to battle, put him with Nike and those two are crazy powerful. Ringo may want to win using the rules that govern the usual AT battles but as we've seen with how they took out the Rumble King, Nike's Genesis doesn't play by ANY rules. For that one reason is why I see Genesis coming out on top. But if SF manages to lose, that means that they can support Ikki unfettered - providing everything they see fit to help them beat Genesis.

Gathering the remaining riders of Osaka and the leading potential of SF under their wings, Ikki and Co. will get enough momentum to take on the giant. Beating them, will lie on Aeon Clock returning the Flame Regalia to Kazu and betraying the Takeuchi brothers. Even within Genesis, I bet that some people are more loyal to Simca's way of view rather than Sora's. If Genesis goes up against Koga with that, they are the most likely to self-destruct because of that.

There is a good possibility that this might happen. The only that I am wondering if SF does lose, how much of the team is sacrificed for the plot. Not only that, but we are going to probably be getting more of the Gravity Children explained in detailed since both teams are mostly composed of them.

P.S. Tempest35, what anime is your avatar from?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 15:42   Link #1108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I believe it's Rosario+Vampire, although the manga is many times better than the anime...
anyway, back to the topic, great chapter! My predictions are...an unpredictable match! No winning or losing, but someone -cough-genesis-cough- breaking any possible rules to have it their way and Ikki intervening in another fight for whatever reason.
On a side note, it says it's hiatus time from next week on...those things seem to be a new fad lately!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 16:39   Link #1109
Fran~
floating away...

Well, OG works totally different from the cliches like Naruto... so... if you read Tenjou Tenge, you know that the tournaments are only a scenary for the action, this is not like DB and its tournaments.

I can see that Genesis will aim directly to obtain the sky regalia, in fact the only barrier between Sora and the sky regalia is not SF but Ringo. So, if they take Ringo down, the sky regalia has like zero protection.

Genesis purpose is the sky regalia, not to win the GST.
Old 2009-05-21, 18:51   Link #1110
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes, my avy's from Rosario and yes, the manga is way better story-wise, buuut~

Well, after Genesis wins, they MIGHT try to raid the Tower, but the security locks won't be privy to them until the last battle which takes place IN the Tower itself. So either way, they'll have to wait until the last fight in order to get into the Tower - it's then that all hell will break loose. At least, I think so.
Old 2009-05-21, 19:10   Link #1111
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Well, after Genesis wins, they MIGHT try to raid the Tower, but the security locks won't be privy to them until the last battle which takes place IN the Tower itself. So either way, they'll have to wait until the last fight in order to get into the Tower - it's then that all hell will break loose. At least, I think so.
Where will be the battle of SF against Genesis?. IIRC the battle will be in the tower.

I remember when Ikki was taken at the tower how Ringo told to him about how many teams she defeated there, so that's why i think that the battle will be in SF grounds, because its purpose its to protect the sky regalia, like they don't leave that place.
Old 2009-05-21, 19:25   Link #1112
NoLongerSane

It will be interesting to see where the SF/Genesis fight takes place. I am just wondering how far Genesis will go in cheating just to defeat Sleeping Forest. From what I have seen in the current tatics that Genesis uses (the way they set Yoshitsune up), it would seem that they will want to weaken the strongest riders in order to have someone like Nike come in from behind and take those people out.

Also, thanks for informing me on which anime the avatar came from.
Old 2009-05-21, 19:27   Link #1113
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

The thing is I think the tower is only for the finals. So most likely it will be outside the tower...but idk. I mean seriously having Nike, Sora, Kiric and Ringo in that small area...

Thats like having a knife fight except with bazookas!
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:56   Link #1114
RahX

After reading the last chapter it brought me good memories of when Ringo used to be part of Ikki's gang, she was so much fun. Specially when it was about Ringo and Ikki doing some crazyness together...too bad for her that Ikki only sees her as a family member, but Kururu it's another weird yet entertaining character and it does fits more on the whole tuner/love interest for Ikki...
After this I bet that Ringo and the other two sister will get severely injured and that will add more fuel to the fire so that Ikki can take down Sora...
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:57   Link #1115
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
The thing is I think the tower is only for the finals. So most likely it will be outside the tower...but idk. I mean seriously having Nike, Sora, Kiric and Ringo in that small area...

Thats like having a knife fight except with bazookas!

Hmm... i dont know if im correct or not.... but...

The team who had won all these years the GST is SF, so, their grounds are in the tower, that's why i think that the fight will be there. If you want to defeat SF, you must go to the tower. Remember that Hako hacked (no pun intended) the system who decides the rivals. I mean, i think that Genesis is fighting this battle against SF since a lot of time already.

The reason for Kilic to be there is to avoid that another team use the sky regalia. That's why they are winning this tournament and beating team after team and that's why they don't leave the tower as the reigning team. Remember their creed:

"All the trees entwine their arms and strecht towards the sky
Gathering leaves devour light. The forest darkness deepens.
The hunter doesn't notice the eyes and fangs of beast lurking in darkness

Tonight, the hunter is being hunted... This is Sleeping Forest."

The "hunter" is a clear reference for the teams who want the sky regalia and the darkness is a clear reference for the tower.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:17   Link #1116
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

True, Sleeping Forests' turf is the Tower...
But if they do hold it at the Tower against Genesis, if they lose, that ends the entire tournament right there since the prize was right there. It wouldn't make sense for them to hold that fight right there unless they want to send the message of 'screw the tournament'.

Once the Sky King is revealed, then the Sky Regalia shall be turned over to him. That's the 'legend'. Sora's just gonna proclaim himself as the true Sky King and that he has the right to the Regalia that is possible of controlling all ATs in the world and the cybernet that links them together.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:58   Link #1117
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
But if they do hold it at the Tower against Genesis, if they lose, that ends the entire tournament right there since the prize was right there. It wouldn't make sense for them to hold that fight right there unless they want to send the message of 'screw the tournament'.
That's correct.
Look at Ringo words: "Tonight - one team will be forever annihilated". GST means nothing really, it's an excuse for the teams to try to get the regalia, but SF is full of Gravity Children, they have a lot of kings and queens (Kilic, Ringo, Om). "Human teams" never had a chance against them.
This year tournament is totally different by the participation of Genesis.

That's the reason why i'm saying since the chapter that the draw was communicated, that this match between SF and Genesis might be the end of the tournament.

And, Hako's hack and Ikki's fail in their inscription were the reason why the draw ended like this. Sora was angry at Hako for that reason, she was trying to avoid a Koga vs. Genesis fight, but because Ikki's failure, the draw ended with this outcome (read ch210, pages 017 and 018).

Quote:
Once the Sky King is revealed, then the Sky Regalia shall be turned over to him. That's the 'legend'. Sora's just gonna proclaim himself as the true Sky King and that he has the right to the Regalia that is possible of controlling all ATs in the world and the cybernet that links them together.
Yes... that's why Kilic and SF are calling this: "final battle".

But it's very clear that if SF is overpowered by Genesis, Ikki and Koga will rush to the tower ASAP.... and they will not care about the GST anymore.
Old 2009-05-21, 22:06   Link #1118
NoLongerSane

Quote:

True, very true. Plus, if I recall correctly, has not Sora become enticed that only Gravity Children can hold those special regalias and that anybody else is pretty much trash to him. His team beating Sleeping Forest on their turf and taking the Sky regalia would send that message loud and clear. Not only that, but Sora does have those two "nurses" that have ways of making a person see Sora's way of thinking.
Old 2009-05-21, 22:33   Link #1119
Fran~
floating away...

But, we don't know if ikki is or isnt a gravity children...
Old 2009-05-22, 00:45   Link #1120
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sure, he can create his own generation if he's up to it with a sudden awakening in the middle of a battle, making him able to use his ATs at their fullest potential, and theeeeen! (the rest is up to your imagination)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen, tournament