AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-14, 02:24   Link #3521
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
More than that, I don't think Hayate will fail on that regard. He will simply not lose the gem. He won't be a cause for Nagi to lose her fortune, and Nagi won't lose her fortune. That simply will not happen.

Sure, I agree that the way to the RG will be open, somehow, but in the same way, Nagi won't lose her money - i.e Hayate won't lose that gem.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 03:08   Link #3522
arnez260282
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
if hayate fail she lost sanzenin`inheritance, but nagi have his personal income they can live realy god but not in the mansion.
that for sure
arnez260282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 04:05   Link #3523
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 48
Welll... chapter 245.

It doesn't automatically make me an Athena fanboy. It doesn't make me want to root for her ending. There's way too much we don't really know about her - what she wants, whether or not she has a right to covet Hayate's stone, what all the stuff is about. But the chapter showed her to be at least scrupulous, and genuinely concerned for Hayate's well-being, even to the extent of hurting her own interests. So, at least in my personal ranking, this chapter upped my opinion on Athena by 1-2 notches.

Well then, Hata. Enough stalling. Time for some answers.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 05:44   Link #3524
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
=Edit=

Awww!! I deleted a part of this post by accident. I was typing it in two, or three different tabs... >_<

Well, damn!

I'll try to reconstruct this quote... now how did I write this.. hmhm


Firstly, I slept AWESOME (like total shit for 4 hours with constant interruptions)!

Woooooooo!!

*forgot everything after this...* q_q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
only a bit....
1. Was asked to participate by the creator of ISML himself back in 2008
2. Talk with the staff on a daily basis
3. COULD have been staff but im too lazy lol


*sigh* too bad Athena can't qualify for ISML 2010

Why not? Does she need to have actual screen time in the anime to qualify (unlike the few seconds she got in s2)?

How about you ask for a staff seat next year, learn the whereabouts of the "boss", and go waltzing in with surerman to "persuade" them to add Athena? You could rig the voting as well while you're at it! xD


Hmm, that wasn't as much as I recall... tsk!

=Edit=


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, shit...
<3


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Lies
Spoiler for Lies you say? Let's go umineko style. We don't have a TV. In a similar fashion prove me wrong!:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What? There were no ifs there? She didn't want him to see her after all the things that had happened.
Ah, let me put my thoughts in. IMO, she didn't want him to see her, because she would probably lose to her desires and take the gem! She barely won over the impulse to take the gem, and that wasn't for a predetermined time. I'm repeating myself again, but the path will open, and.. yeh.. ykno.. :/

Not much to say here, really... I'm just pessimistic as always. You think that Hata isn't gonna fuck with us? Next week everything will go to hell, or it will drag on for 5 more chapters with no development! A 3rd party.. sigh..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I doubt it, unless she takes it and keeps it below the time limit Hayate is allowed to lose it. In fact, I'll say this for whoever may steal the gem from Hayate. Nagi will never lose her fortune (unless there's a communist government - "I'm sorry milady, but this is for the party."). That just won't happen.
Ah, yes, the fabled time limit. How long was it? 15 hours? No really, I'm clueless...

It might be there exactly for that purpose. Interesting, isn't it? Anyway, even if she lost the right to her inheritance it wouldn't affect her at all, as long as she has Maria, Hayate, and her friends supporting her. Also, don't forget how over 9000 chapters ago she said that she doesn't care about it, and that she'll be fine as long as she has the stocks of.. some company.. I think it was something bout broadcasting.. TV.. heh, dunno. I can't recall it now. But, don't you think it's sort of similar to the Umineko case? Sure, the inheritance here has an actual value compared just to some land and the Ushiromiya name. But, if she didn't just BS everything, then she'll be well off even without it, because she has her own source of income that's not related to the inheritance.

Also, can I have some money too? Pretty please, with two pink sugar cubes on top!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Someone else will take Hayate's gem, or Hayate himself will open the way for the RG for some reason (I refuse to explain why).
Hahaha, I predicted that you would respond in blue. But... what's with this "or"? Definite truth dude...

tsk tsk tsk!

Ah, well... haha, whatever goes... ^_^


Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
More than that, I don't think Hayate will fail on that regard. He will simply not lose the gem. He won't be a cause for Nagi to lose her fortune, and Nagi won't lose her fortune. That simply will not happen.

Sure, I agree that the way to the RG will be open, somehow, but in the same way, Nagi won't lose her money - i.e Hayate won't lose that gem.

Lost it to the "Sister", and it almost broke. IT HAS A CRACK! NOES! Now it's uglier..

Lost to Machi as well. The only reason he didn't lose the gem is because Athena still likes him. If Machi was working for someone else, or if someone else entirely beat him up... yeh...

Well, like I said in the post above. Nagi would be fine even without it. What's most important are those close to her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Welll... chapter 245.

It doesn't automatically make me an Athena fanboy. It doesn't make me want to root for her ending. There's way too much we don't really know about her - what she wants, whether or not she has a right to covet Hayate's stone, what all the stuff is about. But the chapter showed her to be at least scrupulous, and genuinely concerned for Hayate's well-being, even to the extent of hurting her own interests. So, at least in my personal ranking, this chapter upped my opinion on Athena by 1-2 notches.

Well then, Hata. Enough stalling. Time for some answers.

You mean 244...

She's trying to pick, but she can't. She wants both, but she's unsure about Hayate's feelings, and she's afraid to know, because if she did, she might pick the gem over him (if he doesn't love her anymore), thus putting him through misery again. Perhaps she meant that if Nagi were to lose the inheritance, so will he lose his job and be thrown out on the street? I wonder about his whole "misfortune" thing now. Is his gem warding it, or has it been lifted somehow? Perhaps it's something else...

Don't judge her yet, though! She's still deciding!! She just considered his happiness over her interests! Nothing is definite yet.


Bold: No cliffhangers? Real answers? Hahaha, are you still reading HnG?

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-14 at 06:14.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 05:48   Link #3525
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via MSN to Opace
It's quite intriguing at how people's opinions of Athena have changed over the course of the last few chapters, be it from Like --> Love or Dislike --> Like, or Hate --> Dislike/Like (depending) etc.

I'm glad though.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 06:12   Link #3526
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...In America!
I'm not really sure why everyone seems to think that Hayate's luck has been lifted. He still seems to go through plenty of bad luck since he got the gem and since it was purified. Hell the other characters are still fully aware that it's in effect and Wataru can even use it to cheat at Roulette!

I also have conclusive proof that Hayate is the most unlucky man in the world completely without outside help...*drum roll*...look at the parents he was born to. Anyone who was born to those parents was seriously screwed by fate already, so that means his brother probably has bad luck as well.

I think that Athena might take the gem. Like most everyone else in this manga, she is a flawed character, but that's good as it makes her more realistic. Her flaw seems to be that she cares too much for whatever she needs the gem for, possibly relating to greed. Even with all of her god aspects, she has been 'punished' somehow by the stones just like Himegami and Mikado (worse than them we're told).

As for Hayate not losing the gem and Nagi not losing the inheritance? Well we also thought that Hayate would never be fired, but he was after the marathon race. Athena can take the gem then our heroes can go on some quest or whatever to recover the inheritance if she really needs it that badly. Seriously, if it was important, Maria has enough pull with him to make it happen, the reason she hasn't already is probably that it doesn't really affect that much.

What I really don't get is if Mikado and Athena are still working together or not. Even if they don't like each other, you'd think the fact that Athena needs the stones and Mikado happened to have all of them would have been a good enough reason. I'd figure now that they'd just work together until their curses have been lifted (which I assume is why they need the purified stones) and Mikado could just ask for it back if he wanted to.

Man, we really need some answers about this or we're never going to run out of possibilities. Hope we get something in next week's chapter.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 06:26   Link #3527
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I'm not really sure why everyone seems to think that Hayate's luck has been lifted. He still seems to go through plenty of bad luck since he got the gem and since it was purified. Hell the other characters are still fully aware that it's in effect and Wataru can even use it to cheat at Roulette!

I also have conclusive proof that Hayate is the most unlucky man in the world completely without outside help...*drum roll*...look at the parents he was born to. Anyone who was born to those parents was seriously screwed by fate already, so that means his brother probably has bad luck as well.

I think that Athena might take the gem. Like most everyone else in this manga, she is a flawed character, but that's good as it makes her more realistic. Her flaw seems to be that she cares too much for whatever she needs the gem for, possibly relating to greed. Even with all of her god aspects, she has been 'punished' somehow by the stones just like Himegami and Mikado (worse than them we're told).

As for Hayate not losing the gem and Nagi not losing the inheritance? Well we also thought that Hayate would never be fired, but he was after the marathon race. Athena can take the gem then our heroes can go on some quest or whatever to recover the inheritance if she really needs it that badly. Seriously, if it was important, Maria has enough pull with him to make it happen, the reason she hasn't already is probably that it doesn't really affect that much.

What I really don't get is if Mikado and Athena are still working together or not. Even if they don't like each other, you'd think the fact that Athena needs the stones and Mikado happened to have all of them would have been a good enough reason. I'd figure now that they'd just work together until their curses have been lifted (which I assume is why they need the purified stones) and Mikado could just ask for it back if he wanted to.

Man, we really need some answers about this or we're never going to run out of possibilities. Hope we get something in next week's chapter.

Ahmm... well, sorry bout my posts. TBH, I haven't even read all the translated chapters. Sure, I did go through 150 chapters, EoTW & Izumi arcs, but the whole prologue to, and the beginning of the vacation are totally unknown to me.

Also some chapters in the middle, here and there...


What I really wonder is how Mikado seems not to have aged at all from the flashback of 10 years ago and now. What's his secret?

The whole "old people don't look much different as they age", and "Hata didn't really think about it - is too lazy to draw changes" don't count!

I'll rally an angry mob of women who overdid on plastic surgery and beat the secret out of him!

Lol, nvm if this part doesn't click with you!! xD
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 07:06   Link #3528
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
What I really wonder is how Mikado seems not to have aged at all from the flashback of 10 years ago and now. What's his secret?

The whole "old people don't look much different as they age", and "Hata didn't really think about it - is too lazy to draw changes" don't count!
Well that's the most likely reason. If you really want one then just assume that he uses his wealth to keep away from aging too much. Going to the world's best cosmetics and other anti-aging facilities on a regular basis should do the trick.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 08:30   Link #3529
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hamster Slapping Land


Or he should just follow Isumi's grandma.
__________________
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 10:40   Link #3530
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Spoiler for Lies you say? Let's go umineko style. We don't have a TV. In a similar fashion prove me wrong!:
Damn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Ah, let me put my thoughts in. IMO, she didn't want him to see her, because she would probably lose to her desires and take the gem! She barely won over the impulse to take the gem, and that wasn't for a predetermined time. I'm repeating myself again, but the path will open, and.. yeh.. ykno.. :/
Hmm... maybe. I won't deny there are chances she may do that. However, the more we keep moving forward into the story, the more reluctant she seems to do so. Additionally, she's had some chances to take that gem already. She could have taken it, when he first showed up at her mansion, or when he was unconscious. So, I think we'll have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Not much to say here, really... I'm just pessimistic as always. You think that Hata isn't gonna fuck with us? Next week everything will go to hell, or it will drag on for 5 more chapters with no development! A 3rd party.. sigh..
I wouldn't know. I cannot think of a single situation (other than TEoTW arc - but that was for obvious reasons), in which Hata sent things to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Ah, yes, the fabled time limit. How long was it? 15 hours? No really, I'm clueless...

It might be there exactly for that purpose. Interesting, isn't it? Anyway, even if she lost the right to her inheritance it wouldn't affect her at all, as long as she has Maria, Hayate, and her friends supporting her. Also, don't forget how over 9000 chapters ago she said that she doesn't care about it, and that she'll be fine as long as she has the stocks of.. some company.. I think it was something bout broadcasting.. TV.. heh, dunno. I can't recall it now. But, don't you think it's sort of similar to the Umineko case? Sure, the inheritance here has an actual value compared just to some land and the Ushiromiya name. But, if she didn't just BS everything, then she'll be well off even without it, because she has her own source of income that's not related to the inheritance.
It's not really about Nagi caring for her money, but about Hayate not failing as her guardian. If he loses the stone, it'd be a BIG failure, even if Nagi doesn't really care about it.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 21:43   Link #3531
IndoViking
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indonesia (hence my name)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I'd like to see this happening, remember she has to win not once, but twice

Shana vs Hinagiku's history is 3-1 in favour of Shana so far (in every match they've had) :P and I havent even done any campaigning for her this whole year so dont provoke me


Anyways back to the manga, ch 245 spoilers WHERE!!!
Can i vote for both? Too heavy of a decision to make
__________________
~Everyday is a Holiday~
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:03   Link #3532
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
At the end of the EotW arc, Hayate said he had two things to convey Athena. If one of them is telling her that she was right and he was wrong, what is the other thing he wants to tell her?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:12   Link #3533
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
At the end of the EotW arc, Hayate said he had two things to convey Athena. If one of them is telling her that she was right and he was wrong, what is the other thing he wants to tell her?
probably that he love her either that or that he loves her but found someone more important (nagi)... I hope it'll be the first option but I feel it'll be the second one...
__________________
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:36   Link #3534
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
If one of them is telling her that she was right and he was wrong, what is the other thing he wants to tell her?
Spoiler for I should go to sleep, because I'm hearing odd things:
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 05:46   Link #3535
Koroshiya_Kame_13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hitman League
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
probably that he love her either that or that he loves her but found someone more important (nagi)... I hope it'll be the first option but I feel it'll be the second one...
I don't think its the first one, since he didn't realize he liked/loved her back then. He only just realized after Hinagiku asked him. It might be a different version of the second one. He might tell her that someone found and saved him and is important to him.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 11:18   Link #3536
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I don't think its the first one, since he didn't realize he liked/loved her back then. He only just realized after Hinagiku asked him. It might be a different version of the second one. He might tell her that someone found and saved him and is important to him.
I think Hina only made him sorted out his feelings and helped him truly understood that he loves Athena. That feelings always there like 10 years ago --which I think that's what he wanted to do, tell him he loves her-- but never really thought about what it is until Hina questioned him.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-15 at 11:31.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 14:35   Link #3537
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
He might tell her that someone found and saved him and is important to him.
You know, I thought that one, along with the "you were right, I was wrong" were the two things he wanted to convey to her. However, even that would imply he was aware for his feelings toward Athena, which he didn't fully realise until chapter 239. Additionally, now that Athena pointed out they were the ones who saved him and not her, I think it is even less likely he wants to tell her something on that note, since it'd no longer be surprising. So, I'm quite sure whatever he wants to tell her, is not love related.

Personally, I think it'll be something that contrasts the first statement. As in "You were right about my parents back then, and I was wrong. However, I still believe you shouldn't isolate yourself." Something along those lines.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 14:41   Link #3538
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 29
spoilers.....need.....spoilers..........orz *collapses*
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:00   Link #3539
IndoViking
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indonesia (hence my name)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think Hina only made him sorted out his feelings and helped him truly understood that he loves Athena. That feelings always there like 10 years ago --which I think that's what he wanted to do, tell him he loves her-- but never really thought about what it is until Hina questioned him.
IF that's the case, then what does Hayate actually want to say to Athena that time (before he realized his feeligs)? I would think if he haven't realized it yet he wouldn't say it.
__________________
~Everyday is a Holiday~
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 20:28   Link #3540
zodanhko
*ignoring*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
IF that's the case, then what does Hayate actually want to say to Athena that time (before he realized his feeligs)? I would think if he haven't realized it yet he wouldn't say it.
Just like 10 years ago, he said he loves her while kissed her after the training. 10 years later, he has the same feelings inside of him but never really thought about what it is. So even if Hina didn't made him fully realized those feelings that is love, he may still wanted to say that with the feelings he had and still have without ever questioning it.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-15 at 20:56.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.