AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-20, 00:33   Link #3681
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Spoiler for ch 245:
LOL, this is on mangahelpers. Scanlations aren't out yet though.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:53   Link #3682
zodanhko
*ignoring*

You can only guess what Hayate is capable of when come to establish misunderstanding.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 02:51   Link #3683
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Isumi: I'm a ghost sweeper who happened to be passing by. <--- Decade's parody ?
Now waiting for the scan..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 03:28   Link #3684
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hayata-kun is forgiven, since he apologized. Good boy! All that remains is killing Midas. GTFO YOU OLD COOT!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 03:59   Link #3685
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Have you been reading the latest posts?

It's Midas. And we're all slowpokes, because it's old info from the EoTW arc.

Looks like Hayate still can't stop spamming "A-tan". It's like 244 all over again. Hata is undergoing Kubotization! Take him to the O.R., STAT! We need to fix this before it's too late!
I know it's Midas, but I want to know the real identity behind Midas. For example, who is he? Why is he in Athena? Why does he only come out when Athena is emotionally confused? Why does he want to kill Hayate?

I read some posts about Midas beinh jealous of Hayate and Athena or something about being Athena's father (?), but I wasn't directing my question of "I want to know.." to anyone, it was just a thought said (typed) aloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What are you talking about? How did he lack tact? He was trying to tell Athena he was okay. That his life was no longer miserable. If that hurt Athena, that was not his intention, but the whole opposite. He was basically trying to say: "Hey, I'm fine, don't worry."

Athena, for some reason, seems to think she was the source behind Hayate's sorrow and misfortune. She thinks she's unable to help him. Once she started thinking those things, Zorc... I mean, Midas took over.
Yes, but was it really necessary to say "Nagi-ojou sama" in every sentence (maybe not every, but you get my drift), over and over again? Whilst Hayate may have used it as a reason to console Athena because she thinks it was her fault that he had such bad luck (again, I don't know how she reached that conclusion), there really was no reason to say "Nagi" here and there. So yes, he may be trying to say "Hey, I'm fine, don't worry", but it was phrased in a very poor way which caused Athena enough grief for her emotions to spill over and bring Midas out. He could have said and referred to Nagi once, and then proceed to find some other way to get the message through that he was okay. Hayate, on a subconcious level even/maybe, knows that Athena could be jealous of the girls surrounding himself, whether they liked him or not. He was unintentionally causing grief to Athena, whether he wanted to or not (which was obviously not) but nevertheless, tactless.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:02   Link #3686
Koroshiya_Kame_13

That's why Hayate's a genius at causing misunderstandings.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:21   Link #3687
Rah

Midas is probably the King Midas from over 9000 years ago, that died in the RG, but his spirit remained, because he's too greedy to leave anything behind, or he was imprisoned there by someone like Isumi. Athena might be his daughter, and he's just using her for his own purposes, or she might be just a girl that stumbled upon the RG, and he possessed her. He doesn't really want to kill Hayate. He just want's the jewel so that he may return to the RG, because it's HIIIIISSSSSSSS. MONEY, MONEY!! Check his profile page. He's totally greedy. Likes strong soldiers? Yeah, that's got to do with world domination. Typical villain.

Hayate doesn't think before he acts. That's the primary source of all the misunderstandings. His brain is just an ornament that won't see the light of day.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:25   Link #3688
Opace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
That's why Hayate's a genius at causing misunderstandings.
Indeed. But I did love that very tiny moment when Athena turned a bit childish, the part when she asks whether Hayate sweet-talked all the girls he meets (which is true, even if he wasn't doing it intentionally); a pretty good moment there to relieve some tension before delving right back into it. The genius at causing misunderstandings indeed.

On a another note, Chapter 245 is out as a scanlation.

And on another note: What is so special about the Royal Garden that Athena [Midas] wants to pay with her whole entire fortune for? Midas offered Hayate any amount he wants, which could easily be all of what Athena has. Is it merely having the Royal Garden, or perhaps its those caskets in the basement of the castle? It's very intriguing.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:27   Link #3689
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Midas just said,"You were the butler I failed to kill." That means Midas did wanted to kill Hayate before he had the stone.

Perhaps, the ring that Athena gave to Hayate contained the original stone? Maybe, maybe not. nahh, couldn't be.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:38   Link #3690
Rah

zod:

The ring? That's far fetched... hmm..

I don't think those words have much meaning (that he failed to kill him). He just wants to go back to the RG, and needs the jewel to do so. If he kills him, or if he buys it from him is completely irrelevant. Back then he might have had some killing intent, because he hates "dumb couples", but right now it's irrelevant. Give him the gem, he gives you a billion or more, and voila...

That's all a lot contradicting, since he's so greedy, and the part where he wanted to kill him, but offers him money for the jewel is too. I bet that whatever the RG holds, he didn't have the power to control it. But now, with Athena's body he can (the reference in his profile "been growing lately"). So, even if he sacrifices some money, he probably thinks that he'll get it back later, anyway... since he'll be the ruler of the world, or whatever...
Old 2009-10-20, 05:00   Link #3691
Opace

Why would he be ruler of the world again? I mean, it's just the Royal Gardens, unless I'm missing something or it has a great power which it holds.
Old 2009-10-20, 05:01   Link #3692
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I just wanted to state that he did wanted to kill Hayate, for some particular reasons or not, I do not know.
Regarding the stone. What is the chance that the ring's stone shaped like the King's Jewel? Or Hata maybe just established the similarity to confuse us...

It is most definite that there is something in/about the RG that he wants more than money can buy...
Old 2009-10-20, 05:08   Link #3693
Opace

Now I think about it, the Royal Gardens really is the pivotal point of the plot in Hayate no Gotoku. Does Hata want to make it seem more important so we can actually grasp how important it is or... ? What do you all think?
Old 2009-10-20, 05:13   Link #3694
Rah

The RG... a place where a god lives?

If it's something that existed since forever, then it would be the ultimate ambition for Midas to attain godlike powers, or something of the sort? The whole place is weird...
Old 2009-10-20, 05:37   Link #3695
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm pretty sure that the ring Hayate got for Athena can't be a King's Gem (at least not without major plot inconsistencies) since Mikado and the others seemed to have all of them and were passing them out to people they thought would get them purified by Isumi or somebody similar. Athena would have recognized the ring then if it had a King's Gem and, even if by some bizarre circumstances it actually had one, it would still be useless since it hasn't been purified.

I'd really like to know how Midas would have actually given Hayate billions of dollars (or yen since I bet he's a savvy guy who knows conversion rates) anyway. It seemed kind of like an empty promise really since it appears that he had no way to deliver it. Unless, by accepting the offer and thereby being greedy, Midas could take over Hayate. That could make things interesting in a confrontation as Hayate is the most selfless character in the manga.

Well now I can't wait to see what Isumi and Sakuya actually plan on doing. I bet in the end they go with the Saotome Anything Goes School of Martial Arts Final Attack.

"Listen carefully, my son. The final attack of the Saotome School of Anything-Goes Martial Arts is based on the principles of movement and contemplation."
"In other words, running away away until you think of a way to defeat your enemy."
"Bingo!"

At least it beats the mighty Crouch of the Wild Tiger...and the sad part is, both moves actually work very well.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 06:43   Link #3696
Slayer007

Somehow.. I'm expecting the two to whisk Hayata away and leave us with another cliffhanger like everyone else said. Damn. Opinions on what Hata will give us next?

Pr(Cliffhanger)= 8/10
Pr(Resolution occurs)= 1/10
Pr(Something else)= 1/10

Well, that's what I think.
Slayer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 07:10   Link #3697
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
"Listen carefully, my son. The final attack of the Saotome School of Anything-Goes Martial Arts is based on the principles of movement and contemplation."
"In other words, running away away until you think of a way to defeat your enemy."
"Bingo!"

At least it beats the mighty Crouch of the Wild Tiger...and the sad part is, both moves actually work very well.
LOL

Hahaha, good times!

Yeah, well, I mentioned a "strategic retreat" if Midas is too strong. But Isumi blocked the giant hand, so...

dunno...

Hopefully they resolve things in this chapter. Perhaps Midas will possess Hayate like you said? That would be awesome! Then Athena joins the team to save him (basically everyone vs Hayate). It would be fun to watch Athena commanding all the girls on a mission to save him.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:26   Link #3698
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Hopefully they resolve things in this chapter. Perhaps Midas will possess Hayate like you said? That would be awesome! Then Athena joins the team to save him (basically everyone vs Hayate). It would be fun to watch Athena commanding all the girls on a mission to save him.
+1 to that, though I want to see an overly aggressive, hot-tempered Hayate.

And leadership-wise, Athena will have to deal with Hina (and somehow Nagi).
Old 2009-10-20, 08:48   Link #3699
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
+1 to that, though I want to see an overly aggressive, hot-tempered Hayate.

And leadership-wise, Athena will have to deal with Hina (and somehow Nagi).
Your post made me think... the show should change from hayate as main character to klaus, seriously, i may have less heart attacks with him as main character...

I wonder... this kind of chapters are making me think more and more that HnG will have an open ending, though maybe hayate at some moment may scream to a-tan when she is beating the crap out of izumi like I LOVE YOU, and then stops, and then i dont know, i dont know if its even ´possible for hayate to be with athena... T.T wth
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:13   Link #3700
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
Your post made me think... the show should change from hayate as main character to klaus, seriously, i may have less heart attacks with him as main character...
Did the serious chapters get to you? I only get sad for a while (counting it hmm, 2 months for me.)

Do you get sleepless nights? I just couldn't sleep because my mind's filled with lots of possible scenarios like a swordfight to the death with Athena, a swordfight to the death with Athena ON the edge of a rocky cliff, a duel to the death with Athena on Parthenon, with 2 out of 3 times ending with a dead Hayate with *insert dying apologetic line here*, then tragedy!

Damn reliving those days when I couldn't sleep.

Well your post also made me think, hey Klaus is one of the more entertaining characters in the show! I won't mind a few chapters being dedicated to Klaus (like his birthday that was canceled, damned publishers forcing Hata to discontinue that).

Quote:
I wonder... this kind of chapters are making me think more and more that HnG will have an open ending, though maybe hayate at some moment may scream to a-tan when she is beating the crap out of izumi like I LOVE YOU, and then stops, and then i dont know, i dont know if its even ´possible for hayate to be with athena... T.T wth
Think of it like it's either her life or the world's life (TTGL experience) so it wouldn't hurt as much, but still hurt though.

Useless info: I like things bittersweet and tragic, someone has to die though (not Hayate, that would be far too entertaining for me). Not Klaus too, it would turn into tragic-comedy since he'll live again the next chapter.

Tags
comedy, shounen