AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 05:35   Link #3741
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Another recruit! To the front lines, soldier!!

We'll overthrow the Athena regime on this forum yet!!

CHARGEEEE!!!
Wait! What if I like Athena and Nagi to the same degree? Who do I side on this bloody war?!

Seriously though, you guys just love discussing about things I would love to have joined in as well (the Athena discussion) but was away. Always the bad timing. :/
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 05:40   Link #3742
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
Wait! What if I like Athena and Nagi to the same degree? Who do I side on this bloody war?!

Seriously though, you guys just love discussing about things I would love to have joined in as well (the Athena discussion) but was away. Always the bad timing. :/

The Nagi side accepts you as... CANNON FODDER! There is no such thing as liking them on the same level (heavily contradicting myself, but mere details!!)!!

Or, you could be the evil double double agent! Yeah, you read it right. DOUBLE DOUBLE agent.

.... that's so evil...

Wait, where do I remember this from? Damn.. curse my memory!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:01   Link #3743
Koroshiya_Kame_13

You know, Athena (presumed possessed) commented that Hayate can't even keep up with Machina's level. Doesn't this imply that even if Machina actually helps Hayate, he wouldn't stand a chance too?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 06:24   Link #3744
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
You know, Athena (presumed possessed) commented that Hayate can't even keep up with Machina's level. Doesn't this imply that even if Machina actually helps Hayate, he wouldn't stand a chance too?
I wouldn't believe that, there's a large gap between Hayate that was simply confused and Machina that was serious business.

Presumably, he confronted a similarly confused Hayate before so I wouldn't count on his deduction, he hasn't seen Hayate when he is on protect mode yet (hmm I guess that applies to Isumi / Sakuya here).
Old 2009-10-21, 06:50   Link #3745
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
The "protect" mode can be quite inconsistent depending on which of the heroine he says. I seem to think that he tries harder for heroines like Nagi, whilst giving less importance to more well-abled fighting heroines (like Hinagiku).

Even then, whether he does it instinctively or not, I still don't think he can match up to Machina. Machina obviously has something up his sleeve he needed Athena (or maybe even the hidden Midas) to use.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:09   Link #3746
Dark Mage

Damn! Hayate you tactless idiot, now Athena thinks Hayate likes Nagi. Just when I was expecting a sweet conversation between the two....Hayate pushes Athena away from him more and the gap between them only seems to be getting wider.
Old 2009-10-21, 07:21   Link #3747
Rah

Don't jump to conclusions. Remember the Hina date! Hayate said that he loves her, and that she saved him, and is really important. Soon after, though, he said that he likes her, or that it all depends on her feelings? Sounds to me that he might change his mind relatively easy, and not persist with an one sided love.

And now that he has met with her...

1st thing he apologized. Okay, that's good. He's a really nice guy, and REALLY grateful to the people who help him (especially Nagi & Athena), so he just could not state his gratefulness towards her. Athena knows well what kind of guy Hayate is and she probably understood. The thing that ticked her off was the fact that SOMEONE ELSE saved him, when she was worrying, "searching for him", etc... for 10 damned years!

And how happy he is that he was saved, while her life is still hell (being possessed - she might be aware of that, getting constantly pressured by various people, perhaps assassination attempts for her fortune?, etc...)

Well, that's my take on it..

Adding: We dunno what's Hayate's "second thing" he needs to tell her. I think I read someone say that it was the fact that he's OK, and that he was saved, but that contradicts the Hina date, where he said "what is she to me?", "there must be something more!"... etc..

And then he finally realizes (such a slowpoke) that he loves her, but soon after says that he might love her (depending on her feelings).. at least that's my interpretation of things.

Oh, well... xD
Old 2009-10-21, 07:30   Link #3748
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I wasn't aware that we were all ganging upon Hayate. Well I for one am on his side since he didn't do anything wrong. I mean "it's all thanks to [insert name here]" is a common phrase, who has ever heard of "it's sort of thanks to [name] and of course you too"? I may not now Japanese but 'm willing to bet that Hayate used an ordinary phrase that was just taken way out of context. Sort of like in the Segawa Arc when Hayate and Izumi's father both used gender-neutral pronouns and totally missed what the other was saying. I don't know what Athena's excuse was, but I'm sure somebody will think one up. Being objective, I think that Athena was reading more into that than was actually there, and I don't think at any point the "all" in Hayate's sentence was emphasized or in bold. Seriously, I thought all girls were aware that guys don't think like that (there is no hidden meaning, it's always exactly what it sounds like) maybe she should watch more TV or something.

As for Hayate's strength, like I said before, it's variable. He's as strong as he needs to be and weak whenever it's convenient for the story. He's like Squirrel Girl (some Mary Sue joke character in the Marvel Comics universe) she scares Dr. Doom and can fight the Incredible Hulk, but her strength is directly proportional to the plot relevance of her enemy, if she fights useless henchmen she's pretty weak. Hayate can always unlock some type of 'super mode' when protecting someone and when he does it's strength is usually proportional to the fighting ability of the person he's protecting (which is why it's always strongest when Nagi is in trouble, since she's the weakest).

I would totally love a rematch between Machina and Hayate, but I think it might be another chapter before he resurfaces. He's either going to appear in the last panel making the cliffhanger or arrive after the fight to find the mansion a wreck and totally misinterpret what happened. With the current set up it's going to be a good chapter next week.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:55   Link #3749
IndoViking

Quote:
Don't jump to conclusions. Remember the Hina date! Hayate said that he loves her, and that she saved him, and is really important. Soon after, though, he said that he likes her, or that it all depends on her feelings? Sounds to me that he might change his mind relatively easy, and not persist with an one sided love.

And now that he has met with her...

1st thing he apologized. Okay, that's good. He's a really nice guy, and REALLY grateful to the people who help him (especially Nagi & Athena), so he just could not state his gratefulness towards her. Athena knows well what kind of guy Hayate is and she probably understood. The thing that ticked her off was the fact that SOMEONE ELSE saved him, when she was worrying, "searching for him", etc... for 10 damned years!

And how happy he is that he was saved, while her life is still hell (being possessed - she might be aware of that, getting constantly pressured by various people, perhaps assassination attempts for her fortune?, etc...)

Well, that's my take on it..

Adding: We dunno what's Hayate's "second thing" he needs to tell her. I think I read someone say that it was the fact that he's OK, and that he was saved, but that contradicts the Hina date, where he said "what is she to me?", "there must be something more!"... etc..

And then he finally realizes (such a slowpoke) that he loves her, but soon after says that he might love her (depending on her feelings).. at least that's my interpretation of things.

Oh, well... xD
Then again, before serving-dinner-to-Hina (that's what i call it, that wasn't even a proper date ) event happened, Hayate already knows what is that second thing he's gonna say, so except if he already realizes his true feelings to Athena way before that, probably it's not a declaration of love. If i had to guess, it would probably something like "thank you very much" of some sort...that's just me though.

And one more thing, may i join your forces, Rah?
Old 2009-10-21, 08:55   Link #3750
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
If i had to guess, it would probably something like "thank you very much" of some sort...that's just me though.
No it's not just you, I had a same thought like that on one of my sleepless nights. But on my version it would go along like, "I love you, but I don't think it would work out. Looks like you have Machina by your side so you're in good hands, thank you with <all cheesy comments you can think of> I have a lady to take care of, this is my last goodbye."

Or something along that~

Fuuuuu---I take stuff like that seriously, so damn.
Old 2009-10-21, 09:13   Link #3751
Himegami Akane

Man, the thing is...after Hina's-Hayata-service-bad-named-a-date...he asked himself "What is she for me...?
Childhood Friend?
no...
Friend?
Even though she ignored me?
There must be something else...
She isn't like the others...(image of everyone)
To me she is....
blablablablabla

And then the part where things got a kinda weird for me...when Hina asks if Athena is the person that he loves...Hayata say: "Well, yes, or at least i guess so..."

I think he doesn't know if he still loves her...or maybe the second thing he has to say is something like he will decide if he loves her during/after the conversation...
But thanks to Mr.Midas(Susano'o?) i guess that won't happen...

*Thinking in a fun way*:What if Hina somehow appear there and confess to Hayata in front of Athena...what would happen?

1) Athena become more sad,Midas more strong and he will kill everyone.
2) Athena take control over,become crazy and cause a bloody-epic fight with Hina.
3) Athena kills Hayata just for make Hina sad.

What do you think?=p
Addition: If Midas become stronger by feeding on Athena's negative emotions...if he kills Hayata then Athena will become more sad and Midas more strong don't it??
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:21   Link #3752
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami Akane View Post
And then the part where things got a kinda weird for me...when Hina asks if Athena is the person that he loves...Hayata say: "Well, yes, or at least i guess so..."
To be more precise:

Hina:"Then you after that...you have loved her ever since?" (That was asking about his childhood feelings of when Hayate started to love her)
Hayate:"Yes, at least I think so." (Referring to his childhood feelings. He believed he began to love her 10 years ago which as a child of 6, he probably did not even understaood the feelings known as of love.)
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:36   Link #3753
Himegami Akane

But did Hayate still love her? He was even thinking on never meet her again(when they met on the garden and she said she doesn't know who he is)...

I don't know what to think here...*Shit,even i am being affected by Hayate's Misunderstand Cause ability.*

Since Midas appeared, i think the "second thing" he as to say to her will be forgotten...or he will say it during the fight to try to wake her??

DAMN HATA!!! BRING ON SOME SPOILERS!!! (Less Athena, more Hina)

*Im not Himegami, i'm Princess God.*
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:44   Link #3754
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Have you been reading the latest posts?

It's Midas. And we're all slowpokes, because it's old info from the EoTW arc.

Looks like Hayate still can't stop spamming "A-tan". It's like 244 all over again. Hata is undergoing Kubotization! Take him to the O.R., STAT! We need to fix this before it's too late!
what Kubotization? some torture equipment? or what?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:49   Link #3755
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
read bleach
but yeah, this slow progress really reminds me of Kubo. Guess Hata can be cruel to her fans sometimes :<

I can't believe I'm refreshing my AS pages just to see whether someone had posted the spoilers or not

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 09:51   Link #3756
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himegami Akane View Post
But did Hayate still love her? He was even thinking on never meet her again(when they met on the garden and she said she doesn't know who he is)...
It's obvious that Hayate still loves Athena after his declaration love for her to Hina through numerous of flashbacks and considerations.

When he parted with her during their moonlight reunion, he believed that if Athena had already forgotten about those painful feelings of 10 years ago, it would only be harmful to her if he brings it up again so he'd rather keep inside his heart forever. Of course, this happened before he realized that she still remember him...
Old 2009-10-21, 09:55   Link #3757
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
read bleach
but yeah, this slow progress really reminds me of Kubo. Guess Hata can be cruel to her fans sometimes :<

I can't believe I'm refreshing my AS pages just to see whether someone had posted the spoilers or not
I don't like Bleach, too absurd, and for human to become ghost is something funny since no one among 80++ human that I kill come back again to me till this time gyahahahaha

If you want spoiler you must have ability to read chinese language site, since they have it I wish you the best of luck
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:32   Link #3758
Rah

Quote:
Then again, before serving-dinner-to-Hina (that's what i call it, that wasn't even a proper date ) event happened, Hayate already knows what is that second thing he's gonna say, so except if he already realizes his true feelings to Athena way before that, probably it's not a declaration of love. If i had to guess, it would probably something like "thank you very much" of some sort...that's just me though.
Absurd... Hayate can't possibly fall that low... I won't consider it!
If he does....
Well, damn.......

Quote:
And one more thing, may i join your forces, Rah?
At ease, private! *hands a bag of Purple Hearts*

Hand them over to the rest of the armada. They... might need.... them....

@Princess God

There are dead people and ghosts, but nobody is going to die in HnG. It might APPEAR that someone important died, though. That may work with your Midas getting stronger theory (if it feeds on Athena's sorrow).

@Bleach

KUBOOOOO!!! Just found out the other day that the Hitsugaya x Halibel fight started 1 year ago! OH GOD, I FEEL OLD!

------------
Reminder: Tomorrow starts the ISML Hina vs Shana match! Vote your favorite!! (which is hopefully Hina, since this is a HnG board...) ^_^
------------
Old 2009-10-21, 10:38   Link #3759
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

This chapter reminded me of one thing that really bothered me before: what the hell does Sakuya do to help Isumi with ghost busting?

I can't imagine demons are vulnerable to tsukkomi.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 10:40   Link #3760
zodanhko
*ignoring*

How ironic this is that the "joining of forces" began after the debate between myself (an A-tan fan) with Used Can (likes Athena ( the most?)). Moreover, it was only over Hayate's creation of misunderstands, and an explanation of how he did it (at least for me).

Tags
comedy, shounen