AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 23:23   Link #41
Sebasu
~

Nakamura Yuuichi as Hatori was just perfect. I love the pairing, too.
Old 2011-05-06, 23:29   Link #42
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 08:44   Link #43
LKK

There's definitely a sameness to the character designs. It took me a couple of views to realize that there was more than 1 couple in the OP. I don't remember this being such a problem with Junjou Romantica, so I'm a little surprised about it here.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:24   Link #44
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
... Holy crap, they are totally rushing this portion lol And lots of cutting off some parts
Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler for episode 5:

I guess I should be happy though that they kept the shoujo manga cliche main fluff and lol misunderstanding intact! I'll just say that "OH LORD SO KYUT *A*" now and hope that the pacing for the couple portion will improve ('3') Hey, they put a lot of smiles on my face that I look like a fool in front of my computer~ Yeah, I'm biased to them.

... Oh and I totally forgot that Kamiyan was voicing Yanagise up until I watched the episode.

@Wandering-dreamer: There are 3 couples for this series. Can't say anything anymore other than the guy with ear piercing hasn't appeared. :3

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-05-07 at 09:38.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 10:15   Link #45
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:
Thanks a lot for the precisions! It does make much more sense like this, and I'm sort of mad that the anime took this kind of liberties. As you said, here's hoping the pacing issue is fixed next week because I'd hate for this storyline to keep being that rushed. Though it'll still push my fangirl switch either way...
Old 2011-05-07, 17:19   Link #46
achirist

I thought episode 5 was absolutely beautiful. While it may have been rushed in comparison to the source, I'm actually very relieved that we didn't have any of the ongoing inhibition and reluctance that we do with the first couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Why can't they just be gay ?

I find all the love stories a little bit too complicated...
It's like they're all just bi-curious...

Well well well.
Yeah, I'd personally prefer it if both sides of the relationship were a bit more comfortable with their sexuality; especially with what happened in the prologue for the first couple, I don't buy that one of them would be going on about "but you're a guy..."

Last edited by achirist; 2011-05-07 at 17:51.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 19:26   Link #47
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I find myself grinning like mad when seeing anything BL-related. This time was no exception.

Now, to add this new pairing on to my ship list...muahahaha
Old 2011-05-08, 15:23   Link #48
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Nice episode.
I didn't understand that the whole story was the manga until the end...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 22:07   Link #49
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Nice episode.
Wait, that whole episode was actually the plot of the story the manga-ka was working on? I thought they just used scenes of them working on the story in the cafe as "bookends" to the episode, little scared to ask the manga readers know what's correct.

And I'll check back here in the morning to see if anyone is howling at me for discussing spoilers outside of a spoiler box
Old 2011-05-09, 04:49   Link #50
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
As you said, here's hoping the pacing issue is fixed next week because I'd hate for this storyline to keep being that rushed. Though it'll still push my fangirl switch either way...
It's one thing that made me go actually, since I didn't think they will rush over half of the whole first novel. ;-; (Compare to Ritsu's portion--4 episodes for one volume of the manga) Even though imo the novel content is pretty... 薄い, plotwise, I never thought they will just pack them all in one episode, and with weird cuts plus really fast pace. orz

Gah, I think I'm borderline ranting here, especially since I set the expectation too high for my most favourite couple this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Nice episode.
Err... No? The whole hijinks aren't related to the manga Chiaki is working on...

It's not a spoiler, by the way; you are reading too much or get confused on the (rushed -cough-) episode ^^;;

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 16:19   Link #51
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2011-05-13, 22:39   Link #52
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 6:

Am I the only one impressed at how fast Ritsu reads off all those manga facts during the preview each week? I'm so busy reading the subtitles I almost don't see the preview is actually about, if it's a distraction method then it's pretty darn successful.
Old 2011-05-14, 08:22   Link #53
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Am I the only one impressed at how fast Ritsu reads off all those manga facts during the preview each week? I'm so busy reading the subtitles I almost don't see the preview is actually about, if it's a distraction method then it's pretty darn successful.
It is impressive. I must admit though that I try to ignore the subtitles and focus on the images because I really do want a hint of what's coming next week. Sometime, I should go back and focus solely on the subtitles to find out what he says. I suspect I'll need to pause the video now & then because my speed-reading isn't what it used to be.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 19:05   Link #54
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I can't believe I'm saying it, but this was amazing! The protagonist actually thought about his emotions for both of them and understood they were different, went dere-dere and put his attention on Yuu to make Tori jealous and then accepted his love in the end.
This is far better than any straight romantic anime I've seen in the last years, FFS! And for the first time in my life I remember the names of the characters...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 22:26   Link #55
kitten320

Yanase must be dumb not to realize that Yuu's possible interest is he himself...

Back to main couple next week, not that excited about it. Somehow the mains lost my interest by now. Want to see the third coupling!
Old 2011-05-14, 22:44   Link #56
velderia
Former NEET.

Spoiler:
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 10:33   Link #57
Sebasu
~

Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2011-05-22, 21:02   Link #58
achirist

Episode 7 reinforced my revulsion at the labor practices in the Manga industry. Those corporate jobs that force you to basically do their projects 24/7, go to business dinners when you leave the office and stay up until 3am every night working on files are disgusting. Rit should have stayed at the family company if they gave him better conditions and a strict 9-5 schedule.
Old 2011-05-25, 21:39   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess it's understandable, but this is clearly the least watched good anime of the year. Actual characters with actual thoughts and feelings. With nice insights into the manga industry. And how could anyone of any gender or real-life preference not get turned on by at least one scene in ep6?

I agree with velderia in liking it when there is more honesty and less forcefulness. Quite moving, really. I'm glad there is less of the actual violence here that I have seen in other BL shows.

If I have a complaint, it's constantly overexcited Ritsu. I've like Kondou Takashi in other roles, but not much here. Ritsu's journey is still pretty engaging, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 17:19   Link #60
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Episode 8 - I can't believe Kisa is 30, either.

Great episode overall. Kisa always seemed so happy-go-lucky in the earlier episodes, so seeing his thought process being a bit like Ritsu's made me a little surprised.

Apparantly everyone on the Emerald team is now confirmed gay except for Mino.