AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-19, 00:14   Link #1
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

The Magius are a definitely a central plot point of Valvrave.

They are the true rulers of the world & dictate the distribution of power & have set rules for the humans to follow. They also have their own culture that is still very unknown to us. There is a council of 101 Magius that may also play a major role as the series progresses.

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of all relevant information concerning the Magius. We can also use it to discuss some speculations pertaining to their culture & necessities.

I've seen speculations on how/if they reproduce, their reason for existence, etc... That information can be placed here.

Then there is the confirmed/official information such as: their need of runes, inability to die by normal means, their powers & lets not forget that eerie chant they like to do. As the series progresses, I feel that more will be revealed & with Haruto as specimen no. 1 we'll definitely learn a lot.

There is also the matter of other Magius existing outside the council (eg Haruto & co.), plus there is the point that there may be Magius spies in each country. So that's also plenty to discuss.
Old 2013-10-19, 01:52   Link #2
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

From what I had absorbed from the anime:

-From the way Cain say Haruto is a 3rd generation Magius and that he is immortal, indicate that probably the only immortal Magius is 3rd gen.

-The three V shape symbol on a body show that she or he is a Magius, we haven't seem any sight of it from Haruto or the other VVV-pilots, another possibility is that they have not discover it yet. Presently it logical to say Haruto and Co is a kamitsuki and not a Magius, at least not a proper one.

-The women from the future scene in ep 12 is described as "a women who similar to Saki" and has the Magius symbol on her thigh. From the infamous scene in ep 10, we can clearly see from the "unclothed" Saki that there no mark on her thigh, so it reasonable to conclude that it has a chance of her NOT being Saki or the Saki as we know currently.

-From the way the Council of 101 say "a weapon called Valvrave" show Valvrave itself as a mecha has nothing to do with the Magius but the only connection is that it powered by a engine/source of power that has something to do with the Magius.

-Before the airing of Valvrave season 2 ep 1, we all assume that both leader of Dorssia and ARUS is Magius, but now it is revealed that they are nothing but puppet of Magius that is to control human behind the scene. Only recently did the leader of Dorssia became a Magius. Which he has a personality change or is jacked by another Magius is still unknown.

-When Magius bite, blood cell in turn also has the three V symbol appeared, but as of season 2 ep 1 there are also different symbol appear such as that green clover shape one. A possible indication of sub-groups in the species of Magius.

-Plue hatred of JIOR possibly show that Pino was taken from him and used as a power source for the engine to be used in Valvrave. But while Pino has tremendous amount of energy that is described by L-elf "more than that of a War-ship" it still need to be charged. The source that power these unknown being is known as "runes", a small imformation particle that is similar to atom but stored info such as DNA, memory and such, also human provided the most rune.

-Pino's curiosity on the nature of sex and Cain comment on the "reproduction" possibly justify why Haruto did what he did in ep 10, a instinct, urge or program by Pino to feed when hungry and mate when possible.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-10-19 at 02:08.
Old 2013-10-19, 02:18   Link #3
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Posted this in the "General Anime Discussion," but seeing as the Magius thread is up, here is the appropriate place for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I remembered reading someone's post in a thread. It went something like, "The marking that appears on your blood cells when you're kamitsuki'd means which clan the vampire biting you is from." Though the "Clan" part hasn't been confirmed, its safe to say that if a Clan is established, Haruto & the pilots are all kin.

Kyuuma & Raizo both had the Magius symbol appear on the blood cells of the men they kamitsuki'd.

So, I feel that that symbol is the universal symbol for the Magius & is probably the Magius royal/founding family's Clan crest/symbol.

Also, props to the person who first coined that thought.
@ Irenesharda, yes props to you for picking that up & actually incorporating it into the discussion. Its an important bit of information because now we know that the Magius do in fact sustain their race. Whether it be by infection or the still existing possibility of reproduction.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-10-19 at 16:51.
Old 2013-10-19, 02:33   Link #4
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post

-The three V shape symbol on a body show that she or he is a Magius, we haven't seem any sight of it from Haruto or the other VVV-pilots, another possibility is that they have not discover it yet. Presently it logical to say Haruto and Co is a kamitsuki and not a Magius, at least not a proper one.
Someone on 4ch, translated a magazine article and the producer said that Haruto does have that mark and it appeared when he became a pilot. (Not sure how accurate this is though)
Old 2013-10-19, 16:34   Link #5
Irenesharda

Quote:
From what I had absorbed from the anime:

-From the way Cain say Haruto is a 3rd generation Magius and that he is immortal, indicate that probably the only immortal Magius is 3rd gen.

-The women from the future scene in ep 12 is described as "a women who similar to Saki" and has the Magius symbol on her thigh. From the infamous scene in ep 10, we can clearly see from the "unclothed" Saki that there no mark on her thigh, so it reasonable to conclude that it has a chance of her NOT being Saki or the Saki as we know currently.

-From the way the Council of 101 say "a weapon called Valvrave" show Valvrave itself as a mecha has nothing to do with the Magius but the only connection is that it powered by a engine/source of power that has something to do with the Magius.

-Plue hatred of JIOR possibly show that Pino was taken from him and used as a power source for the engine to be used in Valvrave. But while Pino has tremendous amount of energy that is described by L-elf "more than that of a War-ship" it still need to be charged. The source that power these unknown being is known as "runes", a small information particle that is similar to atom but stored info such as DNA, memory and such, also human provided the most rune.

-Pino's curiosity on the nature of sex and Cain comment on the "reproduction" possibly justify why Haruto did what he did in ep 10, a instinct, urge or program by Pino to feed when hungry and mate when possible.
-I don't think Haruto's the only immortal, from how I understood it, immortality indicated that he was at least 3rd generation, in comparison to later generations. I think Haruto is 3rd generation by the fact that he was created by Pino who would probably be 2nd generation, she and her brother are the original children of the primogenitors of the Magius' species.

-I was thinking of the Triple V symbol and was wondering if perhaps the symbol can appear and disappear at will? Come to think about it, wouldn't a large purple glowy marking on a bunch of people be suspicious? Especially if it's in obvious places? Like while the Fuehrer has his covered by his sleeve when his arm's down, it's in a very obvious place that can be easily seen and would garner questions. So do you think they can make their marks appear and disappear at will? Could that be why Haruto and friends don't have their marks, or at least haven't actively seen them? Or perhaps that alien chant language is necessary for sealing the deal and giving the mark?

-I will consider FutureSaki as Saki until they say otherwise.

- As for the Valvrave, it was said that the JIOR created the others by using VVV1 as a model and that they found VVV1 as sort of an artifact on the model. So, I think the Valvraves were created before JIOR made them. It's probably a weapon created by the Magius, however it was probably JIOR that created the name "Valvrave", an acronym explaining how the weapon works: VAmpire Link Vessel Rune Activate Vital Engine.

-I think Pino was lost at one point by her people and separated from her brother. Her containment vessel, the VVV1, as lost to history, until it was found by JIOR and used to become an ultimate weapon. Prue is probably pissed at the Pino being used by JIOR.

-I've been wondering on Pino and reproduction and was wondering if because Pino saw Saki kiss Haruto, she considered Saki's Haruto's mate? And that's why she pushed them to procreate?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-31, 16:27   Link #6
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

So the VVV Rune usage/requirement is more serious than we thought. Basically every time someone operates a VVV, they are losing their oldest memories come up.

Makes me wonder how many memories has FutureSaki lost in 200+ years?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-31, 17:13   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

marie was a special case
her "limiter" was broken so she lost runes too quickly

future Saki still remember her 200 year old promise
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-31, 17:21   Link #8
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
marie was a special case
her "limiter" was broken so she lost runes too quickly

future Saki still remember her 200 year old promise
Without a limiter the side effects are sped up & are not controlled. Nonetheless, Haruto & the others will 'eventually' suffer from the side effects. Their limiter simply slows the process to achieve controlled usage.

So after 200+ years of usage, she has to have forgotten some things.
Old 2013-10-31, 18:00   Link #9
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

It only Valvrave-01 because it due to Pino large consumption of runes. If anything only Haruto will began to lose memory if he start fueling Valvrave with his own runes.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:12   Link #10
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Ok, so the exact time limit of the body-jacking is unknown, but the longest confirmed body-jack is roughly 10 years. So that's a long time.

I still don't quite understand the entire "old/new flesh" statement.
Is the sacrifice losing their body permanently & therefore their conscience dies, leaving behind just the body? Or does the conscience become suppressed(still alive) by the invader & the body is taken over?
Old 2013-11-07, 15:18   Link #11
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Ok, so the exact time limit of the body-jacking is unknown, but the longest confirmed body-jack is roughly 10 years. So that's a long time.

I still don't quite understand the entire "old/new flesh" statement.
Is the sacrifice losing their body permanently & therefore their conscience dies, leaving behind just the body? Or does the conscience become suppressed(still alive) by the invader & the body is taken over?
I took that old/new flesh line as them possessing a new more suitable body. Maybe Cain was looking L-Elf as a new skin-suit?

As for what happens to the conscience of the person possessed after such a long period of time, idk.
Old 2013-11-07, 15:21   Link #12
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

There old people in Council of 101, if the Council's Magius is immortal how can there be old people? The conclusion I see is that only Valvrave's Magius is immortal and the Council's Magius lived on by jacking people when their previous host's body become old.
Old 2013-11-07, 19:35   Link #13
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Based on the space version of the Phantom submarine flying toward a celestial body, I'm calling it now, they're aliens.
Old 2013-11-07, 20:07   Link #14
FerrusManus

I'm almost sure they collected the large amount of runes to power the Valvrave copies. They seem to have no other means of collecting runes, like New JIOR does with Haruto.
Old 2013-11-08, 03:22   Link #15
Irenesharda

Quote:
There old people in Council of 101, if the Council's Magius is immortal how can there be old people? The conclusion I see is that only Valvrave's Magius is immortal and the Council's Magius lived on by jacking people when their previous host's body become old.
Okay, here's my theory. We see that the Magius seem to permanently jack a human body. However, I'm wondering why? At first I thought that was because a body would get older and die, but then we look back at Cain again for an example. The guy is supposed to be almost 40, but he doesn't look a day older than when H-9 and X-1 met him, when he was in his late 20s. This leads me to believe that the bodies the Magius take over change as well. Also, with Mirko, we can see that he posses vampiric attributes even though he lives in what was once a human body. This means that the host bodies change physically when they are taken over. This leads me to believe that the jacking this time, is permanent.

So, if they bodies they have now are changed and immortal, why do the Magius switch out? I think for the same reason most vampires move around all the time or stay in hiding in literature. Their agelessness gives them away. To keep up appearances, they must change bodies and pretend that the old body "died" as they blend in with humanity.
Another reason I think they switch vessels, is because they consume the runes of the bodies they take over. Pino mentions she consumes runes as her food. What if the Magius do as well (and that's if Pino is not herself, a Magius...), and they consume the rune supply of their host. And like Marie, they would have an immortal physical body, but the rune supply would still get lower and lower, until they consume them all and that body dies? And this will continue as long as they hide their true forms in human shells.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 04:44   Link #16
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Okay, here's my theory. We see that the Magius seem to permanently jack a human body. However, I'm wondering why? At first I thought that was because a body would get older and die, but then we look back at Cain again for an example. The guy is supposed to be almost 40, but he doesn't look a day older than when H-9 and X-1 met him, when he was in his late 20s. This leads me to believe that the bodies the Magius take over change as well. Also, with Mirko, we can see that he posses vampiric attributes even though he lives in what was once a human body. This means that the host bodies change physically when they are taken over. This leads me to believe that the jacking this time, is permanent.

So, if they bodies they have now are changed and immortal, why do the Magius switch out? I think for the same reason most vampires move around all the time or stay in hiding in literature. Their agelessness gives them away. To keep up appearances, they must change bodies and pretend that the old body "died" as they blend in with humanity.
Another reason I think they switch vessels, is because they consume the runes of the bodies they take over. Pino mentions she consumes runes as her food. What if the Magius do as well (and that's if Pino is not herself, a Magius...), and they consume the rune supply of their host. And like Marie, they would have an immortal physical body, but the rune supply would still get lower and lower, until they consume them all and that body dies? And this will continue as long as they hide their true forms in human shells.
Apparently the body doesn't get old as explained by Saki in the future, and I believe that it does change but not literally like getting wrinkles or getting bald due to aging. It's plausible that the magius switch vessels because they have numerous reasons to do so such as the hosts' runes are depleted, and if they fail to consume some from whatever means because of the lack in supply then, they'd be needing a surrogate. In this way, if ever the old body ran out of runes, they wouldn't die. They are just going to possess another body. Another, they probably have to make it appear that the person's identity, whoever is being body-jacked, is seen through with a proper record. They have to make it look like that this person is shown alive or is recorded deceased. One more, they must be being choosey . . . and the rest is history.
Old 2013-11-09, 06:17   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

I think Kamitsuki and Magius have different rules
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-09, 07:30   Link #18
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think Kamitsuki and Magius have different rules
Yeah pretty much like UQ Holder's different methods of immortality.

Magius are immortal via reincarnation by possession but are not indestructible. Kamitsuki are immortal via regeneration thus maintaning their age and are virtually indestructible. Rune depletion though would kill a Kamitsuki, same likely with Magius else they would not harvest humans.

The difference is that Kamitsuki can probably maintain their Runes as they live through the ages creating new memories. Long term use of the Valvrave is detrimental to their health. Magius need actual periodic consumption of Runes. If Lisolette has been taken over by a Magius is any indication.
Old 2013-11-09, 11:01   Link #19
Irenesharda

My idea is that the Kamitsuki are a sort of specialized Magius, a subspecies sort of. Saki says that Marie was the first Kamitsuki and she's right. Marie was the first human that was transformed into a Magius, taken from one species and changed to another. Cain and all the Magius on Earth are naturally born aliens that have been around a long time and keep up appearances by taking the bodies of humans, who also happen to double as their food source.

So the Kamitsuki are humans who were turned into aliens using artificial, biochemical means. The others Magius were all born that way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 11:07   Link #20
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I think form like Pino and Plue are the original form of the Magius, for the existent of their clan I really think it having all intelligent being similar to Pino and Plue taking over control the bodies of human kind.