AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 20:33   Link #161
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Oh, oh... Adrian Gonzalez just hit his fifth home run in three games. There was a lot of gnashing of teeth here in Beantown that A-Gone might have ruined his swing during the Home Run contest. Before the All-Star break he ranked first in RBI; in games played since he's fallen to T46.

In the last seven games, though, Gonzalez is second in RBI only to, wait for it..., Carl Crawford! Will the Red Sox substantial investment in Crawford finally start showing returns?

As I write this, we're leading the Rangers by 6-0 in the top of the fourth after outscoring them 24-7 in the past two outings. I've watched this offensive monster known as the Boston Red Sox quite often this season.

As always, it will come down to the pitching in the end. Sadly we'll probably see neither of our Japanese players for the remainder of 2011. Okajima is in Triple-A Pawtucket and might be called up, but Dice-K underwent "Tommy John" surgery in June.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-08-25 at 20:47.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 21:24   Link #162
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I'm not much of a MLB fan, but 3 grand slams!! Wow, Yankees ate their Wheaties today. Sad day for Oakland. blowing a 6 point lead.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 01:29   Link #163
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

So, like, did you guys know that an American professional sports team blew a 3-1 lead in a 7-game championship series this year?

Well,

THE CHICAGO CUBS WON THEIR MUST-WIN GAME AND ARE NOW TIED WITH THE CLEVELAND INDIANS 3-3. CLEVELAND ARE ONE LOSS AWAY FROM BLOWING A 3-1 LEAD.

GAME 7 OF THE WORLD SERIES ARE GOING TO FULFILL/DESTROY THE DREAMS OF ENTIRE GENERATIONS OF AMERICANS. THE CUBS/INDIANS ARE ABOUT TO END THEIR CENTURY/DECADES-LONG TITLE DRAUGHT. CHICAGO/CLEVELAND WILL BE ON FIRE. LITERALLY.

GUYS, GUYS, THIS IS BIG. LIKE ENGLAND WINNING THE WORLD CUP BIG. BIGGEST GAME IN BASEBALL HISTORY BIG.

Disclaimer: what's a baseball and can you eat it?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 03:16   Link #164
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't something like this just happen in Basketball?
Old 2016-11-02, 04:38   Link #165
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Cleveland hasn't quite "blown their 3-1 lead" yet. 3-1 leads going to a seventh game isn't all that uncommon. It's the formerly down team winning that last game that makes it a true comeback.
Old 2016-11-03, 01:19   Link #166
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

SWEET HOME CHICAGO!!!

For a Game 7, I must say it was very tough on the nerves regardless of who you support. First, Chicago took an early lead. Then Cleveland come back at 1-1. Then Chicago goes up 5-1 before conceding 2 runs on a bad pitch. Then the oldest guy on the field for both teams hits a home run to make it 6-3. Then the Cubs' closer screws things up by allowing 3 runs to score, thus tying the game at 6-6. Then we have a small rain delay before Chicago score 2 points in the 10th inning. Cleveland comes back within 1 point, but it was not enough. The Cubs have won their first World Series in 108 years.

I don't think I have ever seen anything that crazy of a rollercoaster ride in a sports event with a title on the line. Hollywood will surely pick up the script of that match.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-11-03 at 21:49.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 20:21   Link #167
Chosen_Hero

But the question now is, how long until they win the next one?
Old 2016-11-03, 20:55   Link #168
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will they be playing a Martian Colony team or the Deep Space Niners?
Old 2016-11-04, 12:54   Link #169
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
But the question now is, how long until they win the next one?
It took the Red Sox three years to win the 2007 series after winning in 2004, and another six years to win again in 2013. Before 2004, their last victory was in 1918, only a decade later than the Cubs' last win in 1908.

The Cubs have a lot of young players who will be around for years to come. I don't see Theo Epstein selling off the roster he spent years constructing.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 23:05   Link #170
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Who is watching this amazing game?

me me me me me

Mets fan here, btw.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 23:40   Link #171
monir
cho~ kakkoii

First World Series victory for the Astros. This is a team built for many Octobers to come. Dodgers were awesome too at how they kept fighting but the Astros are just too strong with their bats.

I think this is their world series with three home games to come.
Old 2017-10-26, 06:41   Link #172
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
First World Series victory for the Astros. This is a team built for many Octobers to come. Dodgers were awesome too at how they kept fighting but the Astros are just too strong with their bats.

I think this is their world series with three home games to come.
I called Houston in five, because they're just so strong at home, and I figured they'd at least pick up one game in LA. On track for that if they sweep those next three. Go 'Stros!
Old 2017-10-28, 02:02   Link #173
BPD Renegade

Oh wow, didn't realize there was an MLB thread here. Game 2 was crazy. So many, "How might things have turned out if ___ had happened instead?" Either way, it was a classic.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 01:47   Link #174
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I called Houston in five, because they're just so strong at home, and I figured they'd at least pick up one game in LA. On track for that if they sweep those next three. Go 'Stros!
I also thought Astros were going to wrap it up at home, but Wood had other ideas in game 3. Wood pitched an amazing game today. This series has been incredible.
Old 2017-10-30, 00:13   Link #175
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Game 5 is shaping up to be another great one! Astros are matching Dodgers homerun for homerun. Kershaw is in tatters.

edit: WOW! Just wow!!! Whoever wins this game wins the World Series.

edit 2: Bottom 9th. Has there ever been a match like this played in World Series?
Old 2017-10-30, 00:46   Link #176
BPD Renegade

Game was crazy! Both teams played well, but Astros got a shit-ton of help from the ump. So many called strike-outs on the Dodgers for balls inches off the plate. Jansen pitches right on the top of the zone twice in the tenth, and Springer gets a walk instead of the game going into the eleventh.
Old 2017-10-30, 01:06   Link #177
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I am exhausted!

What a game!!!!!!
Old 2017-11-04, 10:33   Link #178
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Congratulations to Houston Astros! We'll see them in many more post season to come and may be a few more World Series.
Old 2018-05-28, 21:42   Link #179
BPD Renegade

Have Phillies at the Dodgers on in background right now and bottom of the sixth, Forsythe at bat, Guren no Yumiya started playing. Don't think I've heard any anime songs blaring in a game before.