AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 19:37   Link #24021
GrimJack

ah I see what you are referring to then

still maybe I have become jaded lol

point to ponder was the masked king inside the armor??

and if so what will happen to Yukari and Fong Fong next??
Old 2013-05-01, 19:57   Link #24022
ShiroiRyu

Hm ...
Really a good chapter.
I think we saw the masked king ... And Kahlua seem dead.
Old 2013-05-01, 20:49   Link #24023
chrono25

one thing that was a little off while I thought chimera it looks like they were part of some experiment to use alucard as the source for their powers or at least in part but not to become ghouls they must have had to break down the blood it might have more info in the next issue about that .
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:29   Link #24024
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*sigh* ... I know I'm not the only one who wants to utterly DESTROY Gyokuro for this...
Old 2013-05-01, 21:40   Link #24025
fate2011

Translation is not good...
Hokuto didn't say " I can hold my ground for ten minutes".
fate2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:19   Link #24026
Chris38

Well, personally I doubt that it was actually the Masked King, hidden inside that armor - I think, it was some kind of artificial body, crated by him, to monitor Gyokuro - it's most likely created using a similar concept as Outer Moka's "existence".

The reason is caused by the fact, that I see no point, of the Masked King making an appearance, at this moment - Ikeda probably just wants to establish him as the next main antagonist for the group.

As for the rest of the chapter, well I'm glad that someone has "finally" used a vampires weaknesses to water, again - even, though it led to a pretty tragic "final" (at least, from the way it seems, at the moment) - since, I'm starting to doubt that Kahula can survive - damage from water + a strike that went through her entire body - but, we will see, how it's going to be, when the next chapter, comes out.

And, from the looks of it, we have finally learned the truth about what kind of being Kiria actually is (and by extension, Hokuto's as well, since he received blood from Kiria)

And I'll wait, with the rest of my comments, once a better translation of the chapter, comes out...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:24   Link #24027
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Killing the tanned vampire ladies ain't gonna do jack squat if the masked king remains alive.
Old 2013-05-01, 23:27   Link #24028
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Killing the tanned vampire ladies ain't gonna do jack squat if the masked king remains alive.
That's true ... , but I doubt it's something, that the good guys know about...

And, even if he makes an appearance in the current arc, I doubt that Moka, Tsukune or anyone else, from the good guys camp, will be in a condition that is going to allow them to defeat him...
Old 2013-05-02, 00:34   Link #24029
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate2011 View Post
Translation is not good...
Hokuto didn't say " I can hold my ground for ten minutes".
In this point I agree. They probably interpretet Juubun-reading of the kanji for juppun (10 minutes). Hokuto's sentence means that it's more than enough, if only he will be defeated here or something like that.
Old 2013-05-02, 01:43   Link #24030
zibi88

Well I kinda want Kaluha to survive and be just happy like she was when akasha was around.... gyokuro must die as she is the one that made all this mess...and changed everyone with her experiments with alucard flesh... we still dont know is kahula is like that becouse of alucards blood... or she was born this way.... but one is certain... gyokuro was the one that ordered kaluha around and made her kill all those people even if she didnt want to.... she made her kill so much that her only wish is to die..... its kinda sad

if gyokuro dies I just hope that everyone will just give her a hand (if she lives) and says that from now on she doesnt have to kill anyone and just can live for her own happiness... I guess she needs a redemption becouse she is not all that at fault... she just didnt want to leave mother alone and just had to endure all this stuff...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 01:49   Link #24031
Alhazad2003

*reads the chapter*

Too tragic, so Kahlua was basically undead in her true form. That's the only way I can think of why she'd forget she was a living being in that form, maybe she isn't. Just another reason she wanted to find someone powerful enough to kill her, so she wouldn't have to dirty her hands with blood anymore. Truly tragic.

And Tsukune, he's still willing to forgive Hokuto and wants him to come back to the academy. Though can he? And I doubt Miyabi is dead, methinks Kiria is just blowing smoke, much like Gyokuro was four chapters ago. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 03:19   Link #24032
Chris38

Well, after reading the "better version", I have to change my opinion on some events.

In the case of Gairen, I started thinking that he is some kind of spiritual projection of the Masked King that acts independently from it's "main body".

The reason why, it's in Fairy Tail is to monitor Gyokuro and the other Fiary Tail branch leaders.

Regarding Hokuto, I'm worried about the revelation that it was actually Kiria's blood (or more accurately the blood of Alucard, mixed with Kiria's), that caused Hokuto to end up in a wheelchair.

The reason, why I'm worried is caused by the fact that Hokuto's transformation isn't perfect (he's more likely a Chimera / human hybrid, rather then an actual Chimera), since there is some limit, on the amount of blood that a human body can take, before Alucard's blood starts having a negative effect on it's hosts body... which, doesn't bode well for Tsukune's future...

Of course, there are probably many factors to consider in this, but overall Hokuto's current condition, definitely suggests that Tsukune's transformation isn't completely harmless for him, and that it can have some permanent negative effects...
Old 2013-05-02, 04:03   Link #24033
zibi88

well the difference is that hokuto mostly got blood from alucard himself... while tsukune got blood from moka... who has a mix of her mother and alucards blood... so his change might be a little different

we already saw that kiria has more like tentacles and bones all over his body... while tsukue's look is more solid... it has wings and black skin.... its like a mix of alucard and shinso (human look...silver hair ect)

time will tell.... but it might be that hokuto landed on wheelchair becouse of that blood that corrupted his nerve system... tsukune could sustain the blood a little more... becouse he went trought the human transformation tech from funai.... while hokuto mostly got the blood in a forced way... without any kind of preparations
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 04:24   Link #24034
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'd say Tsukune still has the more purer shinso blood since Hokuto got his from Kiria who was just infused with Alucard's flesh...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 08:19   Link #24035
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'd say Tsukune still has the more purer shinso blood since Hokuto got his from Kiria who was just infused with Alucard's flesh...
Indeed, the difference between Tsukune and those two is vast in power, appearance and form. I'd love to see Tsukune capable of changing form like those two, well since Hokuto has displayed these traits on blood alone, then Tsukune should be well capable of transforming his body like that.
Old 2013-05-02, 08:45   Link #24036
Chris38

I would say that Tsukune got a higher amount of Shinso blood then Hokuto, since Tsukune received a direct injection of Moka's blood ... while Kiria ... and by extension Hokuto, have revived it, through an injection of Alucard's flesh into his body.

The purity of Moka's ... and in extension Tsukune's Shinso blood is something that is unknown, at the moment, since we still don't know, how far Akasha's Shinso blood has mixed with Alucard's blood - I know that Gyokuro has mentioned that it became the same "kind" of blood, but I have to say that I don't have a full trust, when it comes to the reliability of her statements...

Still, it might be a little purer then the blood that Kiria and Hokuto has - since Kiria's original blood, was probably the blood of an Outcast Ayashi, which definitely has a lower potential then the blood of a vampire, but again, we don't know what is the proportion between the blood that was contained in Alucard's flesh that Kiria has been injected with, and his own Outcast Ayashi blood.

As for Tsukune changing his form, like Hokuto and Kiria did, I think that he is already doing it ... it's just that his "monster form" is much more human looking, because the person who has given him this blood, was originally a vampire, a race that is quite famous for it's human like appearance.

Even, with the degenerative influence that Alucard's blood has, I doubt that Tsukune's form is going to become as "inhuman" looking as Hokuto's or Kiria's. - it's always going to have a little more "class", due to the influence of the "vampire traits" that Tsukune's blood contains (due to Moka being born as a vampire) - after all, part of Kiria's origins as an Outcast Ayashi definitively has an effect on how his "monster form" looks like...
Old 2013-05-02, 08:49   Link #24037
ShinsoSan

I think there is a confusion in the translation with the whole 40 second Jigen-Tou thing. Akua wasn't really injured nor really affected by the huge ice shard... I don't know what Kurumu and Mizore are thinking exactly. In someways the sucky translation makes more sense than the better one as they refer to it as Akua's evasion proficiency versus Kahlua's.. Which would make more sense in Akua's case since she needs to evade more to survive since her body is fragile. Maybe it was Ikeda IDK.

Overall good chapter but I think it seems a little bit early for Kahlua to die if it is death or not turns out not to be death.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 09:12   Link #24038
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If I may, a few ideas here.

Why does Tsukune have such a monster-like appearance when using the Shinso powers to this extent?

- I believe the answer is this: It is the effect of Alucard's corrupted blood. We've seen first hand at how much corruption having a part of Alucard's flesh inside another will lead to if left unchecked. If you remember Fuhai commenting that Tsukune's aura was so close to Alucard's at that point and that Alucard's blood is mixed with dozens of different types of youkai and ayashi - his blood is a virtual DNA cesspool - even with his Shinso blood, it transformed his entire body. Akasha was able to resist becoming similar to Alucard despite sharing his blood because of her regenerative ability. Her body might have rejected whatever flesh was tainted and regenerated whatever contamination she had. After so many years, she gave birth to Moka, with a clean body.

Now for Tsukune being a human but with vampire blood within him, everything was relatively fine until the Human Re-Modification Ritual began to change his body to allow for better Youki flow. When he activated the Shinso blood, due to his body being in such a susceptible condition, Alucard's corruption 'changed' his body's form into what it is to be utilized without tearing the host body apart. If not for Tsukune's abnormally strong willpower, he would have succumbed far worse than he did. Shinso blood was made to be used inside a Vampire's body, not a human's body.

It could be argued that it is similar to how many vid game bosses have a more powerful 'One-Wing Angel' form that they shift to in order to use their full power. Moka will most likely never change the way Tsukune has, despite having the same blood because of the difference of their body's base abilities to begin with.

If anyone else has any thoughts on it, feel free to comment.
Old 2013-05-02, 09:32   Link #24039
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
good chapter highly doubt kahlua is going to die, although im fairly certain s hes out of the fight.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:44   Link #24040
Chris38

Tempest, first of all, I disagree that the reason why Akasha was capable of resisting Alucard's blood, was because of her regenerative ability, since personally I think she obtained such huge regenerative ability, because of Alucard's blood within her.

After all, if what you said, had been actually the case, then there would be no way for Tsukune to inherit Alucard's blood, since if Akasha's body rejected whatever was tainted by Alucard, the thing that Moka should have inherited from her, would be the blood of a "regular" Shinso , and not the blood that Alucard has - which, as you said, is tainted by the blood of the various ayashi that he absorbed into his body.

I believe that the reason why Akasha was capable of adapting to Alucard's "strain", was caused by the fact that she was a Shinso, even before, she let herself be consumed by Alucard to "seal" him ... and if she managed to bring him, to a point, where she was capable of doing that, she probably had a quite huge amount of control over her power, which helped her in adapting to the effects that Alucard's blood has.

Or it might be something else, after all, we don't have any details, about Akasha's condition, when the Shuzen family, separated her from Alucard.

The reason why Moka was able to adapt to Alucard's blood, might be caused by her receiving some genetic adaptability to it, from her mother - which, also resulted in the difficulties in her birth, since her body developed in a way, that it couldn't function properly, without the key component, that can't be passed through heredity - which, is naturally Alucard's blood.

Since, Tsukune was originally human, he has to start the process of adapting to Alucard's blood from the beginning ... and since, a humans body wasn't designed to contain the blood of Alucard ... it's not something that can be done through natural means - at least, not without some negative symptoms, like what happened to Hokuto.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-05-02 at 11:56.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire