AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-27, 08:47   Link #201
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Micheal Jackson Artist.
Micheal Jackson Music Icon.
Micheal Jackson Legend.

R.I.P.
Old 2009-06-27, 08:52   Link #202
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
I think this is a sad event, however everything about Michael Jackson as a man in my view is negative. The mishaps this man had in his later years are what I grew up on, not his earlier days when he was the "King of Pop." I did enjoy his music though, and the best of luck to his family.
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 20:54   Link #203
WhiteWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
great, when my friend showed that to me I got confused
never knew it was a bogus
good thing it was fake
The Onion is a pretty funny piece of work. It's good to read them and just enjoy.

Once Beijing's most popular newspaper once took the Onion as a legitimate source and reported that U.S. Congress threated to skip town for Memphis or Charlotte unless Washington built them a new Capitol building with a retractable dome....

As for Michael Jackson I just hope the children matter is settled quietly and peacefully for the sake of children.
Old 2009-06-27, 21:29   Link #204
Shadow Kira01

Wasn't Jackal the same guy who toss a newborn baby out the window?

And now..

Americans have prioritze the mourning of the singer over the incidents of Iran over the past 2 weeks, huh? His albums and singles are currently sold out. This is no doubt strange!

Actually, I see this recent development as nothing more than a tactic adobted by the Democrats under the leadership of Obama to counter the Republican's demands of attacking the tyrannical regime of Iran and saving Iranian civilians from harm. Without a valid reason, the Obama cabinet is under fire by the Republicans. And thus, by seizing this very opportunity, making American all concerned over a singer's death, not mentioning that Michael Jackson is also the legendary pop star of Black America. He also somewhat help realized the dreams of Martin Luther King Jr. as that he was much more popular than any other American singer during the time of his rise. With many Americans totally glued to the developments of his autopsy and the reason behind his sudden death, the time of mourning has replaced the importance of taking down the tyrannical regime of Iran. I wonder if the United States will get back on track or will they just forget about the more important Neda's death and take proper actions..

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-06-27 at 21:38. Reason: a little more information should provide better understanding.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 21:37   Link #205
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

And now..

Americans have prioritze the mourning of the singer over the incidents of Iran over the past 2 weeks, huh? His albums and singles are currently sold out. This is no doubt strange!
There's nothing strange.

You mean its normal to prioritise the business of another country which you can't do anything about than something that's happening in your own?

Wait, you mean humans actually know priorities?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 21:48   Link #206
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Actually, I see this recent development as nothing more than a tactic adobted by the Democrats under the leadership of Obama to counter the Republican's demands of attacking the tyrannical regime of Iran and saving Iranian civilians from harm. Without a valid reason, the Obama cabinet is under fire by the Republicans. And thus, by seizing this very opportunity, making American all concerned over a singer's death, not mentioning that Michael Jackson is also the legendary pop star of Black America. He also somewhat help realized the dreams of Martin Luther King Jr. as that he was much more popular than any other American singer during the time of his rise. With many Americans totally glued to the developments of his autopsy and the reason behind his sudden death, the time of mourning has replaced the importance of taking down the tyrannical regime of Iran. I wonder if the United States will get back on track or will they just forget about the more important Neda's death and take proper actions..
...your tinfoil hat is overloading.

It's just the news cycle. Nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to do with the Obama Administration's response to the crisis in Iran. He doesn't own the media. This is 9/11 conspiracy theory level BS.

Michael Jackson was a truly famous superstar, above and beyond many other celebrities, it's natural that his unexpected death would dominate the airwaves. One can of course have opinions about the unfortunate side effect of reducing interest and coverage of the Iranian protests, strong opinions even of the priority of the American public; but please don't throw around such conspiracies. It's annoying. Yes, you may be angry over the apparent disinterest of the American public (though how useful is our attention really? Like it or not, the heroes of Iran are on their own; the moment the foreign powers intervene, the moment the protests lose), though I will question your tact in posting so over a thread essentially reserved for mourning the person. But you don't need to express that disappointment by making up "stuff."
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 21:50   Link #207
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yahoo: Jackson Death was twittered, texted and Facebooked

If this article is to be believed, the Iranians themselves don't seem to mind attention being taken away from them.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 22:14   Link #208
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:

And now..

First of all, he didn't toss a newborn baby out a window, he held him over the balcony railing for the media to see. Certainly not warrented under any circumstances, but that's definitely a farcry from what you're stating.

Secondly, you do know that this is happening all over the world, right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5116949.shtml

It may not be as prioritized in foreign media as it is in the US, but it's still huge, front page worthy news almost everywhere. Iran issues will be back as the main news story next week or earlier if something significant happens.

Quote:
*snip*
. . .

Conspiracy theorist, much? I must say that this is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on the AS forum, and maybe in any forum I've ever been in.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-06-27 at 22:38.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 22:27   Link #209
iLney

This MJ is good stuff. The dude on CNN this afternoon insinuated something about the cardiologist (or doctor, whatever) who responded to the 911 call being held accountable for MJ's death.

Hahaha.
iLney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 23:39   Link #210
Hejin
Discoholic

Send a message via MSN to Hejin
I've been listening to his music for over three days straight. From Off The Wall to Invincible, night and day. Jamiroquai, Queen and even all my Haruhi music has taken a backseat to MJ's tunes.

I guess I'm still mourning. It's still incredibly hard to believe that Micheal Jackson, the King of Pop, is gone.
Hejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 23:42   Link #211
BanishingBook

^ - Me too, this week I'm doing an all Michael Jackson music from my playlist - sun up and sun down.

Long live the King of Pop this is for you, for the magic you gave us!

I can't get enough of appreciating and showing my gratitude to Michael.
I don't know what life is going to be now that he's gone.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 01:31   Link #212
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

I think I will post it here as well, my Anime-style tribute to Michael Jackson, the FOREVER King of Pop!

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 01:33   Link #213
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
This MJ is good stuff. The dude on CNN this afternoon insinuated something about the cardiologist (or doctor, whatever) who responded to the 911 call being held accountable for MJ's death.

Hahaha.
No, they're talking about MJ's personal doctor. Apparently he was administering CPR to MJ while he was on a bed. How does a doctor not know these kind of basic things? Even the 911 hotline guy knew right away "get him on the floor".

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 06:22   Link #214
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
*me bops and sings to the radio*
The way you make me feel
(the way you make me feel)
You really turn me on
(you really turn me on)
You knock me off of my feet
(you knock me off of
My feet)
My lonely days are gone
(my lonely days are gone)

Quote:

Not just America...

10 pages worth of the World's front page newspapers for 26th June.
And I do mean the world.
(I filtered out US papers)

Count and tell me what percentage stuck MJ's death on the front page. Major fresh news always takes priority over another, just like Swine Flu dominated the airwaves for like a solid week when it first occured. Many of us are aware of the issues in Iran, however a lot of people are also mourning a death of someone who has influenced and affected their very lives.
Personal grief tends to take priority over news in another country which has nothing to do with us.

On another note, NY, London and Tokyo have had their public memorials of him (well Tokyo more quiet and i think it was in Yoyogi Park) which i sadly missed and wished to hell i was home in London even.
Anyone Tokyo wise know of any other planned get togethers over the next few weeks?
I'd like to actually find mutual fans (and i know they're around somewhere), so if there is another event, please hit me up on my profile wall

Wonder if they'll keep the funeral quiet or a public affair like Princess Diana's was...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 08:59   Link #215
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:

And now..

Oh please.. Not always this same crap. Micael Jackson was a GLOBAL phenomenon. He belonged to the whole world, that's why the whole world is mourning. Of course the news are full of that. Remember when Diana passed in 1997? MJ's death can be compared to those of JFK, Elvis Presley and Lady Diana. There aren't many people in history, that affected and touched the souls and hearts of SO many people throughtout the world.

@AnimeTheme...Your Tribute to MJ is really beautiful and good. I love it.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 09:56   Link #216
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Basically, how you rank MJ's passing depends on how much weight you put on pop culture being able to change the world. And personally, I do think that Diana's death was overblown. Apart from her charities, she wanted to be left alone. But, no, people had to learn how she broke up with Charles, who she loves... The response to her death was an outrage.

JFK was like James Dean: he left behind a legacy in which we can only speculate how these two men's careers might have turned out if they have lived longer.
Old 2009-06-28, 12:28   Link #217
Lord Uiruu

sorry, i am NOT sad MJ's dead. HE WAS A F**KING CHILD MOLESTER!!!!! not to mention he was black, and then white! Did he even have a nose!? Did anyone but him ever see his kids faces!? That was one messed up dude.
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 12:30   Link #218
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

1. Michael Jackson was aqcuitted of his crimes.
2. His skin color change was a result of a skin disorder.
3. I'd agree with the nose, that is messed up.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 13:06   Link #219
Dashami Priest'er
Guardian of the Night

His race has nothing to do with anything and I think the reason he covered his childrens faces is because he didn't want the media to latch onto them. You already see the stuff they do to MJ's pictures on google and such...

He was just protecting them. Give him a break.
Dashami Priest'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 13:45   Link #220
yuzuru

R.I.P Michael...I hope you are in a better place, your very own Neverland you'd always wanted.
"Gone too soon"...this song seems so tragically ironic now...
It's so sad that he felt so alone till the day he died. I will never forget Michael Jackson, the legend. His music will always be alive.
yuzuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music