AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-14, 19:24   Link #141
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I'm just wondering what if some of those 0 post voters were legit votes and were just forum lurkers.
The problem with that is that most of them appeared to have just joined the forum--on the same day.
Old 2010-10-14, 20:11   Link #142
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
I'm just wondering what if some of those 0 post voters were legit votes and were just forum lurkers.
Then there's also the possibility that the hacker creates some posts with those fake accounts just to bypass the 0 post suspicion.

So you know, votes cast by members with few posts (not just 0 posts) are under suspicion as well, but were probably ignored because they could also be genuinely new members. The hacker would lessen the suspicion if he created them on separate days and make the posts across the next few days after their creation. Hence, Ritsu/Yui/Azusa's votes are still unconfirmed to be genuine, as of now (thank you, Mr. Desperate; you ruined Ritsu/Yui/Azusa's chances of being genuinely popular forever xDDDDD which is just f-ing ironic, considering what your possible intention was xD).

Oh gawd, all those teasings and rub-ins about how Mio was defeated by Ritsu and whatever before the hacking (I don't mind those who just claim that Mio is less popular during S2; it's the troll/flame-bait posts like kitten320's I'm referring to). Revenge is so sweet. Thank you karma, thank you karma.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-10-14 at 20:27.
Old 2010-10-14, 20:27   Link #143
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
*I'm sorry if this post is a bit offtopic* There's a possibility for that. I think it could be determined whether they were just forum lurkers or multiple accounts by checking the ip address... Administrators and moderators in another forum where I joined can check each member ip address. So, multiple accounts can be detected anytime... But I don't know much about how animesuki forum system works *since I am new here... X3* so, CMIIW!
Old 2010-10-14, 20:31   Link #144
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
*I'm sorry if this post is a bit offtopic* There's a possibility for that, perhaps? I think it could be determined whether they were just forum lurkers or multiple accounts by checking the ip address... Administrators and moderators in another forum where I join can check each member ip address. So, multiple accounts can be detected anytime... But I don't know much about how animesuki forum system works *since I am new here... X3* so, CMIIW!
I've become an admin twice although the forum system is different from animesuki but yes, they can see IPs and also the voters.
Old 2010-10-14, 21:11   Link #145
zette

Nice to see that the poll got sorted out. After WBoon pointed out that the plan of the fake voters was not to make Ritsu popular but rather make Mio seem less popular, I realised that it was the case indeed. There was no way Mio could be so far behind even if the other girls had an increase in popularity. She's still fourth though, but I am happy to see Azusa in the lead!

And yeah, they probably removed the votes through checking the IPs and considering multiple votes from the same IP to be null. It can't be as easy as just removing votes from 0 post account, because like bloppyblue pointed out, some of them could be lurkers.
Old 2010-10-14, 22:29   Link #146
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Then there's also the possibility that the hacker creates some posts with those fake accounts just to bypass the 0 post suspicion.

So you know, votes cast by members with few posts (not just 0 posts) are under suspicion as well, but were probably ignored because they could also be genuinely new members. The hacker would lessen the suspicion if he created them on separate days and make the posts across the next few days after their creation. Hence, Ritsu/Yui/Azusa's votes are still unconfirmed to be genuine, as of now (thank you, Mr. Desperate; you ruined Ritsu/Yui/Azusa's chances of being genuinely popular forever xDDDDD which is just f-ing ironic, considering what your possible intention was xD).

Oh gawd, all those teasings and rub-ins about how Mio was defeated by Ritsu and whatever before the hacking (I don't mind those who just claim that Mio is less popular during S2; it's the troll/flame-bait posts like kitten320's I'm referring to). Revenge is so sweet. Thank you karma, thank you karma.
Actually, I think the dupes voted for everyone except Mio, not just Ritsu, Yui, and Azusa. (Remember Ton-chan's extraordinary popularity? XD) Looking at the results of the previous popularity poll, it seems their popularities are genuine, especially Yui's and Azusa's.
Old 2010-10-15, 01:40   Link #147
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to point out again that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon
This thread is meant to discuss who is your favorite (or not your favorite) character (and why is she your favorite/not your favorite character), not to discuss whether any one of the characters deserve to be favorited or not.
Let's stay on topic and use the character threads for character-specific discussion.
Old 2010-10-15, 03:03   Link #148
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

If I had to pick one, it'd be Yui. I would vote for Yui, Ritsu, and Mugi

Director Naoko Yamada is said to resemble Yui when she was in high school, and it shows in the series how much she invest in Yui's character. Kyoani milks Yui the most this season, but not the way they milked Mio in season one. Yui's hair are always well animated. More thoughts and animation frames are put into the way she moves and gestures than any other characters. Even when other characters are talking, she is always doing something that catches the viewers attention in the background('Tree G', asking Sawako to read Nodoka's speech, hiding while Azusa's waiting for people to arrive when going to the summer fest). Yui is very well developed this season. One of the most charismatic and lovable female characters in recent years. The idea that she may actually be retarded makes her all the more incredible.

I didn't like Ritsu in season 1. I didn't really like her much in the manga either. But season 2's Ritsu won me over in that she was portrayed as someone who played things cool, yet has a very volatile and insecure side. As a result I got to care about her. In season two she actually took over Mio's role as the big sister to everyone else(yes, I think its Ritsu not Azusa), but she isn't as pedantic. She became a very likable character this season.

Mugi is an awesome troll, and unlike most Oujosama characters, she is very endearing, and as of season two a believable character who isn't a goddess on Earth like in the first season. Its great fun hearing her talk, anticipating her input in given situations. She also has some of the best one-liners in the series.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:12   Link #149
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Deciding who to vote for in this poll was really tough, but I decided to go with my 5 favorites in the end, instead of just Azusa like last time:

1. Azusa Nakano - Easily my top favorite, I rate her as one of my top 5 characters across all series , there isn't a thing I dislike about her.

2. Akiyama Mio - Mio while she didn't get as much focus in the second season I still really love her character and her part in the play was just great ^^.

3. Hirasawa Ui - Ui was even more lovable and adorable in the second season seriously Ui deserves to be a major character .

4. Yamanaka Sawako - She was even more awesome this season than the first, plus she always came up with great outfits for them and her metal song at the wedding was impressive.

5. Tainaka Ritsu - if there was one character who really improved in the second season in my eyes it was Ritsu, she was notable more funny and clever in the second season; I liked her a lot more compared to first one, while in contrast to Yui I liked less by the end.

5th spot was tough choice between Ritsu, Mugi, and Jun really , since they were all good, but Ritsu took the spot for the epic receipt eating scene among others like her 'date' with Mugi .
MAL
Old 2010-10-15, 14:44   Link #150
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I don't come here for a few days and now Azusa is taking a big lead? Seems this poll can truly go all ways.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:00   Link #151
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't come here for a few days and now Azusa is taking a big lead? Seems this poll can truly go all ways.
Well, I guess you missed the part where a chunkload of the votes were deleted for cheating.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:55   Link #152
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well, I guess you missed the part where a chunkload of the votes were deleted for cheating.
Guess I'll have to wait a while more to see if the results balance out after a while.

Either way, Mio is still behind Yui and Ritsu.
Old 2010-10-15, 17:48   Link #153
kitten320

I won't lie, Mio does have potential which sadly wasn't used.

I did like her in 1st season, but the image of a easily scared girl got kinda old for me... I never was fan of shy characters anyway...
Old 2010-10-16, 12:34   Link #154
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I won't lie, Mio does have potential which sadly wasn't used.

I did like her in 1st season, but the image of a easily scared girl got kinda old for me... I never was fan of shy characters anyway...
Yui & Mio were true main character in 1st season for KyoAni !!! Yui sung OP,Mio sung ED !!! BUt!!!!, at least KyoAni changed focus of the show,Mio to Azusa except ED song !!! So Mio didnt get any development.... How silly KyoAni did !!
You are right. Mio had potential so much!!! In 2nd season Yui & Azusa was very promoted,I wanted more Ritsu & Mio....I love Ritsu so much. And Ritsu was so cute with Mio not with Mugi.... I dont satisfied with 2nd season, because KyoAni didnt invest many for Mio!!!
Old 2010-10-16, 12:58   Link #155
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Sadly but it's true.
It wasn't normal because she ain't developing, despite being a senior at school?
I would say Azusa is definitely better in terms of that.
Old 2010-10-16, 14:10   Link #156
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Am I one of the few people here who don't like Azusa that much? When she was introduced, I was iffy about her character. She soon became an alright character, but nothing more than that. I also found myself a little disappointed whenever an Azusa-centric episode would occur.
Old 2010-10-16, 14:28   Link #157
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Am I one of the few people here who don't like Azusa that much?
There's the rare type of K-On fans who are sad, pessimistic jerkoffs, liking the more mature side of the show (me). There's the majority type of K-On fans who likes the nostalgic factor and the balance between maturity and carefree rather than anything extreme (70-80% of the K-On fans).

Then there's the type of K-On fans who just love the idea of slacking around all day long, not having a care in the world. They mostly dislike (or are indifferent to) Azusa for that factor, because Azusa = maturity, and thus contradicts what the slackers stand for.

Personally, I would love to get on my computer all day and just goof off rather than going to school, but it's characters like Azusa and Mio that remind the Yui in us to work hard for our future, so that our hopes and dreams would not end up unrealized, like Budokan left in Season One.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-10-16 at 14:45.
Old 2010-10-16, 15:33   Link #158
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Am I one of the few people here who don't like Azusa that much? When she was introduced, I was iffy about her character. She soon became an alright character, but nothing more than that. I also found myself a little disappointed whenever an Azusa-centric episode would occur.
Ummmmm... Maybe, you are rare... In fact,you yourself said an Azusa-centric episode came out in S2 episodes many many times. And it is one of the main topics in S2.
In short, the worrying about the graduate of Yui & her friends, the worrying about lonely Azusa were main in ep20 to the final ep. Many viewers worried about lonely Azunyan!!
I am one of them.. I cannnot help loving Azusa, even though my favourite character is Ritsu...
I guess there is unfair situation, the difference of positions between Azu & the other 4 members for getting more popular.
Anyway the poles of this thread means what I guess, dont they???

Last edited by keroro gunsou; 2010-10-16 at 15:47.
Old 2010-10-16, 16:06   Link #159
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
While I still like Azusa, I have to say I got a tad tired of her after all the screentime she received. It's the same way I felt about Season 1 Mio; I didn't hate her, just thought she wasn't interesting or funny enough for all the attention she received.
Old 2010-10-16, 16:07   Link #160
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I really just don't understand her popularity.

It's not like I dislike her character. I just don't see anything outstanding about her. I did sympathize and feel for her when the parts of the series called for it. And no, I don't think she's a "party pooper" either. I found her character a very necessary contrast to the group and complimented everybody very effectively. She also provided the girls someone to rub off onto (It's very evident as later on the series, Azusa began adapting personality traits of the four of them).
Closed Thread