Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 18:12   Link #1061
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Well that's dumb.
Your English registration works for the Japanese site too.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-10-01 at 18:20. Reason: Correcting grammar fail
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 18:19   Link #1062
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
^ I know. I registered on the Japanese site and then tried the English site to see if it'd work. It did.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:21   Link #1063
Godslayer
人間・失格

Pretty solid episode overall.

It was a good move for combining the 2 episodes worth. Imagine if all the exposition to continue on next week..
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 20:59   Link #1064
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Haven't been keeping up with anime lately due to time restraints, but I felt like I owed it to myself to check this out. I was not left disappointed. While I certainly expected some degree of action, the lack of it didn't bother me in the slightest, thanks to some very well crafted dialogue and characters. Someone's mentioned this here before, but I completely agree that having a group of magi who are actually conscious of how they should act and what they can do just made the setting much, much more interesting to me. The biggest problem I had with /Stay Night was how useless Shirou was throughout most of the game. He didn't make for an entertaining main character a lot of the time, and thankfully it seems like Kiritsugu is the exact opposite -- focused on his goals, knows what he wants and will do what it takes to attain it.

Most of the other characters also seemed to have some sort of reason compelling them to enter the war, which is great. Kariya's easily the most likeable one from the get-go, but unfortunately things probably won't be going well for him in the near future. Worms aside, having to pick Berserker of all things is bound to have a disastrous effect on him. Waver was also pretty entertaining, and while I have no clue as to what he's going to end up as, that pride of his along the will to prove himself in front of others are two very interesting ingredients. Right now he's sort of a wildcard in the middle of all these masters. As for Tohsaka and Archibald, the former is easily the weakest character so far for me, and the latter's arrogant personality already got me wary of him, but I guess that was the original intent with how rude he came across.

Visually speaking, the show is gorgeous. Animation was overall good, but it didn't get its chance to actually shine, considering that the episode was mostly slow. Still, movements and gestures were both fluid and seemed to be realistic, and that's what matters. Art direction itself is superb. Hats off to ufotable, which if not the best, is certainly one of the best in the industry right now at treating animation on the PC. Their lighting/coloring techniques and effect animation are very impressive. Kajiura's music was very well used, as well, continuing what was the norm in Kara no Kyoukai. It might not be perfect standalone material, but it certainly fits the show and helps at setting the right atmosphere.

All in all, it was a very solid first outing. Now, let's hope that next week's episode will show what Fate/Zero can do when stuff starts hitting the fan.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:06   Link #1065
cloudstrife13

Now all we need is ufotable animating the other routes. I really want to see Saber Alter animated!
cloudstrife13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:08   Link #1066
Aqua Knight

I think Fate/Zero will beat Steins;Gate in amount of posts concerning the episodes etc.
And this late summer- fall anime season is going to be totally awesome!
Old 2011-10-02, 08:50   Link #1067
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife13 View Post
Now all we need is ufotable animating the other routes. I really want to see Saber Alter animated!
It would be a dream come true if they were to re-do the entire Fate/stay night VN. But, it is dream.
Old 2011-10-02, 09:05   Link #1068
Aqua Knight

I only want HF to be animated, but considering the showed Sakura in 1st episode. The probability of HF being animated increased
Old 2011-10-02, 09:15   Link #1069
Vicious108

I'd like all of it to be (re)animated by ufotable, but is it even possible for even just Heaven's Feel? I'd assume DEEN still holds the rights for the /Stay Night portion of the series.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 09:58   Link #1070
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I only want HF to be animated, but considering the showed Sakura in 1st episode. The probability of HF being animated increased
Well, they're taking it directly from the light novel. For them to have left Sakura out would mean missing a substantial chunk of the story, and would have made me (and others) rage a lot.

I'm not sure we can assume based on that that there will be a HF anime....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'd like all of it to be (re)animated by ufotable, but is it even possible for even just Heaven's Feel? I'd assume DEEN still holds the rights for the /Stay Night portion of the series.
Deen probably owns the licence for the whole game, yeah.

Certainly, in the original FSN anime, they included parts that were ripped-off from HF, which they couldn't have done if they only owned the rights to the Fate route.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 12:48   Link #1071
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think Fate/Zero will beat Steins;Gate in amount of posts concerning the episodes etc.
The first episode already has 10 pages worth of post. That was basically without any action taking place, how image when things get even better with the future episodes
Old 2011-10-02, 18:01   Link #1072
cyberbeing

Something to keep in mind for people watching nicovideo.jp who aren't premium members of the Japanese site (not niconico english), is that the stream will get downgraded to low-quality when the site is busy, just like all other videos do. This could cause a significant delay for anybody who only wants to watch the normal-quality stream.

Low-quality: 640x360 | 220kbps h.264 | 64kbps aac-lc
Spoiler for Low quality:

Normal-quality: 640x360 | 1000kbps h.264 | 128kbps aac-lc
Spoiler for Normal quality:
Old 2011-10-03, 09:20   Link #1073
hoshino_crimsonwings

The first episode was simply awesome. The dialogues were brilliant and each character was introduced in a way that the audience can really feel for. Each side seems like they have an edge over the others (save for waver at this point). The introduction to the epic saga couldn't be paved any better.

Can't wait till the action comes in, and Caster's master.
Old 2011-10-03, 11:00   Link #1074
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So, judging from what' I've observed so far: interesting characters, beautiful artwork (whether the animation will be as good remains to be seen), engaging BGM courtesy of Yuki Kajiura...and a so-so OP and ED .

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but IMHO Tainaka Sachi (FSN. Yes, for me there was one thing DEEN managed right) or Kalafina (Kara no Kyoukai) would've been vastly better than...whoever sang Open Sign and Memoria. They're not bad, per se, just average.
Old 2011-10-03, 11:01   Link #1075
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but IMHO Tainaka Sachi (FSN. Yes, for me there was one thing DEEN managed right) or Kalafina (Kara no Kyoukai) would've been vastly better than...whoever sang Open Sign and Memoria. They're not bad, per se, just average.
I agree, a Kalafina OP would have been awesome.
Old 2011-10-03, 11:03   Link #1076
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Lisa sang Oath Sign, and Aoi Eir did Memoria. I rather like Oath Sign, but your right: It's rather average, all things considered.
Old 2011-10-06, 05:32   Link #1077
Horse

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4412.html

Not sure if I'm getting this right but it seems Fate/zero is taking a break in the winter season before resuming in spring again.

Plz2confirm?
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:53   Link #1078
Auria

Confirmed I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtshyk in MAL's type-moon-club
Currently no power to post news.
Episodes 14 - 25 of Fate/zero To Be Aired in Spring 2012

According to Newtype magazine, the second half (episode 14 - 25) of Fate/zero will be aired from April - June 2012. There will be a break after the airing of episode 13 in this December.

Source: [scan that can be seen in the link above]
;o; well if this is for the sake of more awesomeness, it shall be forgiven
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 06:04   Link #1079
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4412.html

Not sure if I'm getting this right but it seems Fate/zero is taking a break in the winter season before resuming in spring again.

Plz2confirm?
Yes it is true. When I don't really like series doing split-2-cour, Fate/Zero is sort of acceptable since I can see their way of trying to keep the quality animation still. They also said BD will include conversations that was omitted from novel, so that they can make the series near perfect. @_@

I mean, ufotable is just ridiculous. Aniplex order them for TV-Series, but they made movie quality animation instead. They are almost as crazy as Kyoani, in terms of there obsession to Sakuga.

Also, here is report from 2chers who went to 1st episode preview event about what staff members said;
Quote:
- Multiple people were involved in Script, Urobuchi Gen was always involved for supervision every episode.
- 1st episode had 3 different script, Urobuchi supervised and completed by mixing all three.
- The most important thing they are looking at is how does it fit with Fate/Stay Night without plot hole.
- Nasu Kinoko often supervised it for that fitness.
- will make script that is acceptable for 1st time viewers
- 2, 3rd episode is finished already, but they will going to edit it again and again till its airing.
- 1st episode: that scene where those guys goes around Kotomine had multiple meanings, but they won't tell since it would be boring.
- There would be TV airing rule to keep, but they are not thinking of editing the scenes with Caster's part.
- Dubbing for 1-cour is finished
- Caster voice actor group is the most entertaining part of the entire staff members
---etc...
ufotable = Crazy bustard

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-10-06 at 07:36.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:01   Link #1080
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Wouldn't it be hilarious the 1st cour ends on a cliffhanger?

Quote:
- 1st episode: that scene where those guys goes around Kotomine had multiple meanings, but they won't tell since it would be boring.

That's hard to swallow.

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2011-10-06 at 07:39.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation