AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 16:45   Link #2221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
By the way, why didn't Amata go soaring at the end of last episode? By every indication he should have hit the stratosphere in record time from that event... yet he didn't move at all.
Maybe he's finally becoming a man instead of a teenage boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype NSFW:
Well, I know a certain someone who would be happy this finally came-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*NOSEBLEED EXPLOSION*

*typing in a hospital bed*
...Yup.

I can infer two things- Zessica truly doesn't wear anything, and Mikono likes stripes all around.

One of them is an evil woman
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 17:14   Link #2222
cyberdemon

Quote:
wow, Mikono is more well endowed than she looks in clothes
Old 2012-02-29, 17:15   Link #2223
Vena
Carpe Diem

Spoiler for Saving space saves grandmas:
Quote:
By the way, Random Curiosity doesn't allow hotlinking; try clicking on that link.
Ooh, good point.

@Chaos: Clearly, he's simply been tempered by Zessica's near nudity that he's no longer phased by clothed women!
Old 2012-02-29, 18:36   Link #2224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
wow, Mikono is more well endowed than she looks in clothes
Don't you pay attention whenever she's gattaing ?

Quote:

@Chaos: Clearly, he's simply been tempered by Zessica's near nudity that he's no longer phased by clothed women!
Or maybe after last week's stripping incident, the bar is now set higher

EDIT:

Apologies if these fanarts been posted before... This thread moves too fast for it's own good sometimes...

Spoiler for 'Unconventional' Pairings:

Spoiler for The skirt club:
Old 2012-02-29, 19:20   Link #2225
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

there needed to be more innuendo in the last ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:31   Link #2226
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
The thing is that she doesn't just generate bonds that don't already exist, otherwise Cayenne should be boy-crushing all over Amata if just piloting with her makes people form lovey-dovey bonds. You also need at least some sort of mutual connection which Mikono makes solid -> Mix and Andy.
Yeah, from my understanding, Mikono's power doesn't make other two pilots become lovey-dovey. Since if that's the case, Mix would fall for Amata too, wouldn't she?

But I think the idea that Zess's feeling for Amata became stronger due to Mikono's power isn't completely wrong since we can say that after her constant teasing and that Yunoha accident, Zess would develop feeling for Amata even only a little, and that's Mikono job to make it stronger. After all she sure changed a lot, by the beginning of #8 she didn't feel jealous when Amata look at Mikono picture yet at the end of the same episode she fell for him and bought his picture, that sudden change wouldn't happen only because she saw Amata's great thing, would it?

And if that theory is right, with "Love is forbidden" thing, it makes sense for Fudou to deployed three of them on #8 so Zess's feeling for Amata would be stronger so the love triangle would happen and it will make more difficult for Amata to really fall in love with Mikono (or Zessica), thus make Aquarion more stable if three of them only in very edge of love.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:12   Link #2227
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
But I think the idea that Zess's feeling for Amata became stronger due to Mikono's power isn't completely wrong since we can say that after her constant teasing and that Yunoha accident, Zess would develop feeling for Amata even only a little, and that's Mikono job to make it stronger. After all she sure changed a lot, by the beginning of #8 she didn't feel jealous when Amata look at Mikono picture yet at the end of the same episode she fell for him and bought his picture, that sudden change wouldn't happen only because she saw Amata's great thing, would it?
Ironic a development as that may be (and not something I had considered), Mikono's ability is about connecting two people not to make feelings stronger. As per this episode, she didn't make Mix's feelings for Andy stronger or vice-versa, those feelings had already been given basis by their interaction, but what she did do was connect them heart-to-heart and allow for Mix to understand Andy and for Andy to understand Mix (neither of them ended the episode in love with the other, unlike Zessica's case of falling for Amata). Put bluntly and double entendre words of this show: she brought them (Andy and Mix) together and made them whole.

To be consistent with what was shown, we'd need to say that: Mikono brought out Zessica's hidden heart and connected it to the only thing it (her heart) trusted, Amata. Connected, Zessica's heart found something in Amata about which to be embarrassed and she herself realized her own feelings. (This makes contextual sense not only with how Mikono's power was used now but the development that Zessica underwent in ep. seven... or that's what I would be saying if it weren't for the missing component of Amata's reaction unless we consider his hi-five and belated reactions as some sort of vague sign.)

That said, I'm all open to the possibility, it'll just need a proper explanation which I don't think we have at the moment.
Old 2012-03-01, 01:18   Link #2228
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
My draw towards Mikono is her Zettai Ryouiki, personally. So yeah, doesn't do much for me unfortunately.

This on the otherhand... :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for The skirt club:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 01:23   Link #2229
Zuul

Quote:
He's the one who put them together, and he's known about everything else going on...
Anyway, even if I thought it likely, I wouldn't like a repeat of the Donar incident for it would mean that Zessica is going to drag her gloomyness/bitterness at least until episode 13 and that Amata and Mikono are going to become even more lovey dovey. blerg
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:40   Link #2230
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for 'Unconventional' Pairings:
It's funny how these fanart start popping up even though nothing's happened yet in the show. Though I have to admit, from the preview it does look like a possible ship is in the works. I just hope we don't get trolled with a misdirection because I do think this pairing is rather cute.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:48   Link #2231
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
It's funny how these fanart start popping up even though nothing's happened yet in the show. Though I have to admit, from the preview it does look like a possible ship is in the works. I just hope we don't get trolled with a misdirection because I do think this pairing is rather cute.
Andy and Mix fanart appears the second they were put in the same team.... That Crea and Shrade img pops up the moment she showed concern for him.

But Jin and Yunoha were out long before this preview even happened! Whats going on ?!
Old 2012-03-01, 03:47   Link #2232
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Finally watched the episode. Did anyone else find mykage saying "if you only concentrate on 1 flower, you can't grow a garden" very very ominous?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 04:41   Link #2233
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Finally watched the episode. Did anyone else find mykage saying "if you only concentrate on 1 flower, you can't grow a garden" very very ominous?
For me, it's obvious that Mikage knows a lot more than the rest of Altea and that he has an hidden agenda that conflicts with Altea's best interest.

It seems to indicate that Mikage thinks that searching for only one Eve is not the right way to go to solve their population problem. But he doesn't care.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-01 at 04:54.
Old 2012-03-01, 05:50   Link #2234
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
That said, I'm all open to the possibility, it'll just need a proper explanation which I don't think we have at the moment.
Of course we don't have a proper explanation for it; Mikono's power was only revealed last episode. Which is also why it's too early to be debating against the possibility.

At the earliest, any possible revelation that Zessica's feelings for Amata were influenced by Mikono in any way, will be saved for later in the series.
Old 2012-03-01, 07:35   Link #2235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Hard to tell, everything that flowery bastard says sounds ominous to me

Quote:
Of course we don't have a proper explanation for it; Mikono's power was only revealed last episode. Which is also why it's too early to be debating against the possibility.
You know, that in itself should be a clue- why only now did we experience the effect of Mikono's element?
Old 2012-03-01, 07:46   Link #2236
miketyson

I think we did experience Mikono's ability at least one time earlier, when she had that weird feeling on the boat while watching Aquarion fighting. *Maybe* a second time when she didn't shake Zessica's hand.

It depends a bit on how it works. If it's just connecting people then probably not. But it seems like she also gets a read on the people she connects with and can sense their feelings somehow. So perhaps her early antagonism to Zessica is because she knew something about Zessica that we didn't (and perhaps even Zessica didn't either, at that time).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 07:51   Link #2237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I think we did experience Mikono's ability at least one time earlier, when she had that weird feeling on the boat while watching Aquarion fighting. *Maybe* a second time when she didn't shake Zessica's hand.

It depends a bit on how it works. If it's just connecting people then probably not. But it seems like she also gets a read on the people she connects with and can sense their feelings somehow. So perhaps her early antagonism to Zessica is because she knew something about Zessica that we didn't (and perhaps even Zessica didn't either, at that time).
I don't know, that seems to take quite a bit of liberty in depicting the scenes... Mikono hasn't been depicted to have that kind of understanding of people... Plus it wouldn't account for why she's friendly to her now if she had sensed something before...
Old 2012-03-01, 08:05   Link #2238
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post

Nah, it was because Zessica called her a nainai baka. You don't usually get all firendly with the people who just insulted you. Even if those insults are somewhat true.

You're reading too much into Mikono rather underwhelming element ability.

The thing that is bugging me is that Mix stated that elements who are blood-related resonate (which I think implies them having some sort of mental connection, Mikono supposed being able to know if Cayenne has a perverted mind) while there is nothing of the sort between Mikono and Cayenne which earlier was blamed on Mikono not having an elemental ability.

So either Mikono is not blood-related to Cayenne or we have a little plot hole here.
Old 2012-03-01, 08:19   Link #2239
kuromitsu

Quote:
You know, that in itself should be a clue- why only now did we experience the effect of Mikono's element?
Because this was the first time that she actually used it. Cayenne didn't like Amata but they could work together just fine, as did Amata and Zessica. There was no need to "connect" them. But now, she wanted to connect Andy and Mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You're reading too much into Mikono rather underwhelming element ability.
*snort* Underwhelming? I bet she'll save the day with it in the end. :P
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:25   Link #2240
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

*snort* Underwhelming? I bet she'll save the day with it in the end. :P
Probably. But at the moment it looks kinda lame.

But it's still way better than her popping some super duper elemental power out of nowhere.

Tags
comedy, science fiction