AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 06:57   Link #781
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not necessarily half.

Remember, half-saiyan half-earthlings (Gohan, Goten, Trunks) were heck of a lot more powerful than vast majority of full-saiyans.
Except these mongerels are not main characters! One day Morgiana would probably whip all their asses, unless Morgiana becomes a Chad.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:36   Link #782
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
Except these mongerels are not main characters! One day Morgiana would probably whip all their asses, unless Morgiana becomes a Chad.
Noooo Mor can't end up like Chad. D:

Spoiler for Chapter 166:
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 16:02   Link #783
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Noooo Mor can't end up like Chad. D:

Spoiler for Chapter 166:
6 months? I think a lot more time has passed. Two years at least.
Old 2012-12-09, 16:05   Link #784
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Two years? No way it has been that long. It's only been a few of months at best...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 16:09   Link #785
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
6 months? I think a lot more time has passed. Two years at least.
Chapter's 148 title says "Another 6 months later", lol. So we know that for sure.
Old 2012-12-09, 16:42   Link #786
shalala

I was going based on chapter 148 like Konart said. At that time 6 months had gone by since Aladdin had gone to Magoshuatt. Soo if we add everything that had happen since the 6 month then that could have well been 1-2 months soo altogether 8 month total would be my guess. Still unless Alibaba was able to master his other Kassy's magoi and also learned everything from totos group and to top it all of learn to to do full djinn equip I can't see how he would beat any of the 3 generals. Given that they could have well gotten their Djinns around the time Sinbad got his 1st,2nd or 3rd. Plus you know they 2 are half fanalis.

Update:
Spoiler for chapter 166:

Last edited by shalala; 2012-12-09 at 19:26.
Old 2012-12-09, 19:44   Link #787
Grey

The moment I saw the Fanalis squad I thought, "Fffffffffffffff--the magicians are screwed." I'm hoping for a third option to magically appear. It would be a shame if Laem and Magnoshutatt went to war.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 19:51   Link #788
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
The moment I saw the Fanalis squad I thought, "Fffffffffffffff--the magicians are screwed." I'm hoping for a third option to magically appear. It would be a shame if Laem and Magnoshutatt went to war.
I know right. That fanalis army look like they would destroy and thing that stands in it way. Anyone wonder if Mor will bring back any Fanalis from her home country. As it could help in the war. I wonder when the Kou will join in the war?
Old 2012-12-09, 20:28   Link #789
Diveman

Holy crap, an army of Fanalis soldiers. I wonder how the Magicians will deal with that. I always thought the Magicians would have advantage over brute force, but these Fanalis also have metal vessel users, things don't look good for the Magician's army.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 20:46   Link #790
XFire
150% done

Everybody keeps freaking out about the Finalis, but during the one Finalis/Magician fight I remember (every other fight was a vessel/tool user), Aladdin completely stomped Mor.
Old 2012-12-09, 21:10   Link #791
marvelB

^Well yeah, but Mor's kind of young and inexperienced whereas this army seems to be comprised entirely of Fanalis war veterans, with the commander himself being a freaking dungeon conqueror. I think it's safe to say that they'd be a real force to be reckoned with, whether their opponents are magicians or not.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:54   Link #792
Diveman

Well, to be fair, Aladdin is kind of young and inexperienced too, even if he's a Magi. I wanna see how Alibaba and Mor are doing after all this time of training, I'm pretty sure Aladdin also got a lot stronger.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:46   Link #793
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Chapter is out and just as I thought, Mogamett overestimated his nation's power! Just one look at that Fanalis army and you know they're all badass war veterans . I feel bad for whoever have to fight with them.

I also got it right that this war was planned / or in favor of Al - Sarmen since it was Mogamett actively cut his tie with Al - sarmen first. He has a different goal and now he doesn't want to help the organization - No wonder Al-sarmen want his country to fall into despair.

Everything going to be connected to a big event 12 years ago: The appearance of Dungeons, the rediscovering of magic knowledge, the birth of Sinbad and the growing abnormalities of the world. I think sooner or later, we going to have a trip back in time to learn more about what happened 12 years ago.
Old 2012-12-10, 01:53   Link #794
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I also got it right that this war was planned / or in favor of Al - Sarmen since it was Mogamett actively cut his tie with Al - sarmen first. He has a different goal and now he doesn't want to help the organization - No wonder Al-sarmen want his country to fall into despair.
As I expected, they are not currently allied to each other, which explains Kou's current actions somewhat. Ironic that Isnan helped Morganett, but also took in Dunya. Dudes have no principles man! They just want to watch the world burn. Interesting how Isnan used the same line the Arms Merchant used on Kassim ("If you have the will for revolution..etc etc etc"). They also gave us the explaination for outside Goi having magical weapons. If the Holy Mother's gear is "inferior goods", I wonder what other weapons they have...

Crown (? I am assuming) Prince looks like he would be a massive Jobber, I really doubt he would be a good fighter. However, his Djinn probably has some sneaky power (like Sinbad's Compelling Voice). As far as I can see the only two serious Metal Vessel combatants are the General and Mu, the Crown Prince is probably support. The General probably is a stern old guy like all those "Old General" stereotypes, while Mu is Mu...so yeah. The other serious threat is the Fanalis army.

It seems Titus is more afraid of the 3 metal vessel users than the Fanalis Army. Which makes sense, if any one of them can do what Kougyoku could do with her Extreme Magic, then 3 of them can probably flatten a medium sized nation just by casting one spell. As for the Fanalis army, I do know that Mursur + Metal Vessel cannot break the shield around the Banker/Arms Dealer Entity. Mursur unbuffed didn't scratch Judal's barrier, and Morgiana...well she didn't do too well against Gravity Magic that Kassim used on her (which doesn't seem that difficult for the Magicians to do). I think the Fanalis versus a High Tier magician might not be as one sided as it seems...

UNLESS all those Fanalis also have Household Vessels, which is a crapshoot since some Djinns are picky on granting Household Vessels while others are...well...they get "pregnant" easily. For example, Hakuryu's Fungi followers...I mean Hakuryu's a loner, but I can't see Zagan being pleased easily to grant household vessels to other humans. Sinbad has +10 for Charisma, but it seems Sindaria only has 7 metal vessel users. On the other hand, Paimon is pretty indiscriminate when it comes to getting err...knocked up. It is hard to tell where Barbartos lie in the "birth-o-meter".

Anyway, here's the Ars Goetia wikipedia entries for the 3 new Djinns. Probably has no real bearing on what powers the Djinn in the manga would have, but it is fun to look at anyway.

Mu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbatos
Old General Dude: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purson
Crown Prince: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shax#Marquis_Shax

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-12-10 at 05:13.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 04:59   Link #795
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

I thought that whoever own Shax must be a pretty big jerk if we consider his personality ( This demon is a outright thief and liar! ) . So I'm kinda not surprised when the Crown prince looked like a major douchebag. I hope that he will die in the upcoming war
Old 2012-12-10, 06:04   Link #796
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Moga: Yo, we be fine. Hey Aladdin can you help out?
Aladdin: .....
Titus: I think we're screwed.
Moga: Nah we be fine I gots dis.
Titus: My mommy got three Dungeon conquerors you know
Moga: !!?

Dude. Old man. Stop acting senile.
Old 2012-12-10, 06:56   Link #797
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mu remind me to Alexander

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 07:53   Link #798
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Can't wait to see Dumberdork get his ass handed to them by those Fanalis...

Also if Mor grows up to be like Muron
Old 2012-12-10, 08:26   Link #799
ellifeedn
Thinker

I had a thought, what would "Dumbledore's" stance be on those people who learned Magoi manipulation? Would he see them as a challenge to his beliefs that only Magicians can know how to use Magoi?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 08:53   Link #800
Awrya
U mad?

They're not magicians even if they can manipulate magoi, so in his eyes they'd still be Goi I think.
Though if they entered Hogwarts, he might evaluate them to honorary citizens (level 2.5)? More capable than a Goi but less than a magician.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen