AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-04, 12:41   Link #221
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Actually this poll I am talking about is the official one, the other one with A-drei at the first place is done on a blog. For the new poll it Saki first, L-elf second and harutu third.
Let me guess, this "official" poll you're talking about is this one, right?

TL:
1. Saki
2. L-Elf
3. Haruto
4. A-Drei
5. Liselotte
6. Shoko
7. Akira
8. Raizou
9. Takahi
10. Marie
(There are more, but I skipped them since I'm not that virtuous to give people the link w)

I don't know if you get this from MAL, but this is not an official poll. This is a fan-poll, just like the Biglobe one where A-Drei is #1.

I have no comment if people want to argue about Shoko's popularity, but know this: other than poll from magazines or poll directly from official site, everything else is fan-made poll. In so far, you can only but hope any of VVV characters go in top 10 of Newtype, which is like the only magazine whom VVV female characters has highest chance of getting into top 10 this season.

(And even when you account magazine poll, which is the closest to 'official poll' when there is no officially sourced poll, you have to remember exactly whom is the target demographic of the magazine before you can make reasonable deduction on popularity)

Old 2013-07-05, 11:20   Link #222
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmrbadguy View Post
Shes a love freak like Euphy, nuff said, sick of her.
I could say Saki is an NTR-ing whore and it would be as accurate as the above statement.
Old 2013-07-05, 11:36   Link #223
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Let me guess, this "official" poll you're talking about is this one, right?

TL:
1. Saki
2. L-Elf
3. Haruto
4. A-Drei
5. Liselotte
6. Shoko
7. Akira
8. Raizou
9. Takahi
10. Marie
(There are more, but I skipped them since I'm not that virtuous to give people the link w)

I don't know if you get this from MAL, but this is not an official poll. This is a fan-poll, just like the Biglobe one where A-Drei is #1.

I have no comment if people want to argue about Shoko's popularity, but know this: other than poll from magazines or poll directly from official site, everything else is fan-made poll. In so far, you can only but hope any of VVV characters go in top 10 of Newtype, which is like the only magazine whom VVV female characters has highest chance of getting into top 10 this season.

(And even when you account magazine poll, which is the closest to 'official poll' when there is no officially sourced poll, you have to remember exactly whom is the target demographic of the magazine before you can make reasonable deduction on popularity)
Wait this isn't the official poll? I thought I hear it was from someone on MAL. My bad than

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I could say Saki is an NTR-ing whore and it would be as accurate as the above statement.
First of all Shoko and Haruto wasn't in a relationship yet, so you can't use NTR-ing whore to describe Saki. Second, go blame VVV-chan for what happened in episode 10. Third, in the episode 12, Saki clearly show that she support Haruto and Shoko for even though what happened between Saki and Haruto. Last, Saki is a female equivalent of bro toward Shoko.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:34   Link #224
sky black swordman

^ Agreed on all points.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:48   Link #225
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In fairness to Cosmic Eagle, he might be arguing that both statements are equally ludicrous.

I don't think that Shouko is heavily obsessed with love. I mean, she's not a yandere. She's given Haruto plenty of space, and I honestly think she recovered pretty well from earlier disappointment in her relationship with him.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:20   Link #226
~BC~

Quote:
Wait this isn't the official poll? I thought I hear it was from someone on MAL. My bad than
Not only that but you can vote pretty much every 24 hours (for up to 3 characters).
Old 2013-07-08, 11:40   Link #227
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

First of all Shoko and Haruto wasn't in a relationship yet, so you can't use NTR-ing whore to describe Saki. Second, go blame VVV-chan for what happened in episode 10. Third, in the episode 12, Saki clearly show that she support Haruto and Shoko for even though what happened between Saki and Haruto. Last, Saki is a female equivalent of bro toward Shoko.
Thus the latter part of my sentence.....=.=
Old 2013-07-08, 13:00   Link #228
Destined_Fate

Lots of heated stuff going on here. I suggest taking a chill pill for a few of you to cool off.

Anyway, I totally must at least see Shoko x L-Elf in a compromising position or locking lips when Haruto walks in! Think of the angst over a misunderstanding! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 2013-07-08, 13:08   Link #229
Fjoergyn

Prefer a triangle L-Elf with Saki and haruto. L-Elf and Saki are quite similar, could be a love hate excellent
Old 2013-07-08, 13:31   Link #230
Destined_Fate

No, keep SAki away from L-Elf. Far, far, away. Like she currently is at where she doesn't even talk to him and has no reason to talk to him let alone look at him.

We don't need to stretch out L-Elf to include Saki as well. He already has enough troubles choosing between Princess, Shoko, A-Drei, and Haruto.

Besides, opposites attract and all that while same-ies push away!
Old 2013-07-08, 13:48   Link #231
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No, keep SAki away from L-Elf. Far, far, away. Like she currently is at where she doesn't even talk to him and has no reason to talk to him let alone look at him.

We don't need to stretch out L-Elf to include Saki as well. He already has enough troubles choosing between Princess, Shoko, A-Drei, and Haruto.

Besides, opposites attract and all that while same-ies push away!
The two characters are the most valued and L-Elf deserves a woman like Saki, shoko haruto have great chemistry. Also where do you get that they will not interact, on the contrary I think the next season is when everything starts turning and they are going to see the faces more than we think.

Shoko I like and L-Elf felt sorry for her in chapter 12 but not see them romantically, she still wants to haruto and L-Elf may end up seduced by the charms of Saki
Old 2013-07-08, 15:48   Link #232
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
The two characters are the most valued and L-Elf deserves a woman like Saki, shoko haruto have great chemistry. Also where do you get that they will not interact, on the contrary I think the next season is when everything starts turning and they are going to see the faces more than we think.

Shoko I like and L-Elf felt sorry for her in chapter 12 but not see them romantically, she still wants to haruto and L-Elf may end up seduced by the charms of Saki
Ugh no thanks, I would rather support Liselotte x L-Elf than Saki X L-Elf. Saki and L-Elf getting together would be way too much angst in one room.
Old 2013-07-09, 04:51   Link #233
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Prefer a triangle L-Elf with Saki and haruto. L-Elf and Saki are quite similar, could be a love hate excellent
I like Saki, but I totally disagree with you Saki and L Elf being quite the same. You can compare them, but they are both of the same charge that they don't match each other. I find Shoko and L Elf sharing similarities in an odd way.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:51   Link #234
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I like Saki, but I totally disagree with you Saki and L Elf being quite the same. You can compare them, but they are both of the same charge that they don't match each other. I find Shoko and L Elf sharing similarities in an odd way.

The two have a traumatic childhood but L-Elf is more mature and calculating that Saki, I think they can share that pain and understand. I'm not saying Shoko x L-Elf and not have chemistry, but we fall back into the same thing that a cold and mistreated character needs a mary sue to comfort him and love him, i prefer to look in both directions and not fall into favoritism. Shoko still want haruto but I'm not ruling out that L-Elf the look different, but we can assume it is something purely physical.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:52   Link #235
Destined_Fate

Shoko isn't a mary sue. None of the main characters are, Shoko also got a ton of character development near the end of this cour.

That and Shoko still liking Haruto is irrelevant as Saki is still in love with Haruto as well but she didn't want him to be with her out of obligation but because he loves her truly.

Quote:

Good, most valued means they should stay FAR away from each other. They have no chemistry atm while Shoko and L-Elf do and we don't need to hog up all the popularity into one pairing if it isn't needed. Let Saki prop up Haruto and let L-Elf prop up Shoko. There, now all 4 Main Characters are a part of the Top 2 Couples!
Old 2013-07-09, 12:04   Link #236
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I thought that Saki and L-Elf would make a good couple based on the first episode or so of the series, but it's turned out that they haven't had much interaction since then at all. So if things stay as they are, there's not enough there for them to reasonably be a couple. But who knows, maybe they'll spend more time together in the second season. Valvrave has plenty of time left and isn't the sort of show to insist on playing all its cards at once or grounding everything super carefully. I mean, L-Elf has spent the entire first season with Liselotte being his apparent driving force in life, even though she's had barely any screen time to speak of and all we've seen of their interaction is one flashback when they were kids. Poor girl's been featured prominently in the opening credits and the first ending sequence while barely getting to say anything at all.
Old 2013-07-09, 13:11   Link #237
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I thought that Saki and L-Elf would make a good couple based on the first episode or so of the series, but it's turned out that they haven't had much interaction since then at all. So if things stay as they are, there's not enough there for them to reasonably be a couple. But who knows, maybe they'll spend more time together in the second season. Valvrave has plenty of time left and isn't the sort of show to insist on playing all its cards at once or grounding everything super carefully. I mean, L-Elf has spent the entire first season with Liselotte being his apparent driving force in life, even though she's had barely any screen time to speak of and all we've seen of their interaction is one flashback when they were kids. Poor girl's been featured prominently in the opening credits and the first ending sequence while barely getting to say anything at all.
She rejected his marriage proposal because he knows he does not love her, it's just like anything else physical and guilt. Shoko xHaruto still love each other and it is possible that things between them are given if they have to go through many difficulties, while Saki and L-Elf can go closer and birth something different, do not understand the refusal of a different relationship, born the pain, what happens is that they like the same soup in all series.

Liselotte is a secondary character does not have revealance in history. We may know more of her in October.
Old 2013-07-10, 13:36   Link #238
shiyuki
Ever Learning

I do agree that there's possibility for the development of L-Elf and Saki in the second season, but I doubt if they will have a romantic relationship in the future...
We can say they are alike as they're both calculating and cold. But they act so differently when facing problems, esp relationship affairs.
Besides, their attitudes towards life aren't quite the same either...

I believe a good couple can share similar interests but embrace the difference in characters and lifestyles.
Perhaps the beacon and egg neta plus youkan are hints that Shoko ans L-Elf might make a good pair?

The child with silver hair in Ep.12 is not a child of Saki and L-Elf, though this is just my wild guess...

As Shoko might need extra care after the invasion of Cain, I think L-Elf will play an even more important role in helping her.
Looking forward to more interactions betweent these two cute characters!
Old 2013-07-10, 23:54   Link #239
Kuro-snivy

I don't even know why but I really like Shoko x L-Elf. I really hope next season Shoko becomes a badass or an awesome leader. I really like those theories of Shoko going to the dark side.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:11   Link #240
Destined_Fate

I wouldn't say that Haruto doesn't love Saki, however his marriage proposal was out of guilt and obligation even though he does have feelings for Saki. Haruto also still has unresolved feelings for Shoko that he must clear up if he's ever going to be in a healthy relationship with Saki who does love him but only wants to be with him if he loves her back fully as well.

I see their little break up as a chance for Haruto to grow and figure out what he really wants before getting back with Saki and loving her out of love and not having guilt and obligation thrown in.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters