AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-18, 04:48   Link #141
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maou87 View Post
ehh!... well guess so.. but waiting is too boring, so thanks 4 the info. lets just hope that many translators appear 4 this series..
Then you can try to... you know... learn Japanese instead of waiting to be spoiled if it's so boring? If you're dedicated enough, you'll be able to read a novel in 1 or 2 years of intense studying, and then maybe you can give us summary or translation by that time so you'll know how hard is it to translate something into another language, especially when we're not being paid for it

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-03-18 at 05:13.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:30   Link #142
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Then you can try to... you know... learn Japanese instead of waiting to be spoiled if it's so boring? If you're dedicated enough, you'll be able to read a novel in 1 or 2 years of intense studying, and then maybe you can give us summary or translation by that time so you'll know how hard is it to translate something into another language, especially when we're not being paid for it
Yeah, learn Japanese. But even with eager dedication, it'll take at least 2 years to be able to read light novel. And with light novel as complicated as this one, it'll take even longer. I wish I was good at language!

BTW, I learned Swedish within 6 months and mastered it to the level of middle school, but hey, Swedish and English is almost alike. Japanese is like a language alien speaks to most people in the west (I'm from Thailand btw, learning English for over 10 years before starting Swedish since I moved to Sweden).

I gave p learning Japanese when I met kanji. The grammar of this language is also a huge pain. T^T
Old 2012-03-18, 07:49   Link #143
tsunade666

Quote:
can anyone give a long summary of all 4 existing volumes + web (after vol.4), just like HS DxD, because baka-tsuki is too slow on translations... pls. anyone.. I really want to know.
This.... this is why I kinda don't like the new fan base It's like they keep asking for more and do they even know how BT works? I'ts just funny seeing it in FB and various post asking for it and saying that BT is too slow oh great
Old 2012-03-18, 09:59   Link #144
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Yeah, learn Japanese. But even with eager dedication, it'll take at least 2 years to be able to read light novel. And with light novel as complicated as this one, it'll take even longer. I wish I was good at language!

BTW, I learned Swedish within 6 months and mastered it to the level of middle school, but hey, Swedish and English is almost alike. Japanese is like a language alien speaks to most people in the west (I'm from Thailand btw, learning English for over 10 years before starting Swedish since I moved to Sweden).

I gave p learning Japanese when I met kanji. The grammar of this language is also a huge pain. T^T
there's another way to learn it fast, I mean FAST!
put your life on the line
One of my friends abandon all his wealth and just bring very important necessities to Narita.
He said, for 3 month, he only can eat rice with chicken/ egg, for that the only animal he can mimic infront of his benefactor

he mastered Japanese in 1 year and become fluent (Reading, Speaking,Writing,Listening) in all dialect in 2 years 6 month

well, like they said, if you want to get wet, don't just swim, dive in
Old 2012-03-18, 12:14   Link #145
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
there's another way to learn it fast, I mean FAST!
put your life on the line
One of my friends abandon all his wealth and just bring very important necessities to Narita.
He said, for 3 month, he only can eat rice with chicken/ egg, for that the only animal he can mimic infront of his benefactor

he mastered Japanese in 1 year and become fluent (Reading, Speaking,Writing,Listening) in all dialect in 2 years 6 month

well, like they said, if you want to get wet, don't just swim, dive in
I believe it also depends on talent...

But seriously, I think that is what would happen when we have no choice and are desperate.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:15   Link #146
tsunade666

An update was made and it shows Tatsuya's first capture of an offender. Lare was retired right? then is someone translating the part with the fight with the Hatori? I wish to know what exactly happen. The machine translation didn't help plus the part provided by Lare in bt forums was a bit short but that's all that what happen in the fight. A very short fight.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:37   Link #147
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Read Chap 5 update (tht was fast)
Tatsuya is a real badass...and a question is marisaki one of the guys who like starts tht fight we see at the end of chap3 in manga? He seems quite hostlie of MC, does he calm down??

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-03-19 at 15:53.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:05   Link #148
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Read Chap 5 update (tht was fast)
Tatsuya is a real badass...and a question is marisaki one of the guys who like starts tht fight we see at the end of chap3 in manga? He seems quite hostlie of MC, does he calm down??
Mariski or ANY 1st Year Bloom male hates Tatsuya's guts. He eventually gets popular with the 1st year girls after his super-bad ass job as an engineer during the 9 School Tournament. I'd never thought I'd see the day where an engineer can be as bad ass as Tatsuya looked.

I wrote this on another forum and it was meant as a background info on the 6 events of the 9 School Tournament, but I also added in Tatsuya's role as an engineer/technician in the tournament.

Spoiler for 9 School Tournament:

Last edited by whsie; 2012-03-19 at 23:21.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:18   Link #149
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Mariski or ANY 1st Year Bloom male hates Tatsuya's guts. He eventually gets popular with the 1st year girls after his super-bad ass job as an engineer during the 9 School Tournament. I'd never thought I'd see the day where an engineer can be as bad ass as Tatsuya looked.

I wrote this on another forum and it was meant as a background info on the 6 events of the 9 School Tournament, but I also added in Tatsuya's role as an engineer/technician in the tournament.

hmm..after reading the spoiler...Tatsuya not resemble Lulu (Code Geass) only but also Koizumi (Mx0)
Old 2012-03-19, 23:28   Link #150
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:

This guy is pretty OP...n i agree with sureman he does resemble koizumi in picking out fine details in the rules and overcoming them with the use of his brains
Old 2012-03-20, 00:23   Link #151
maou87

Quote:

What happens next after tatsuya chose his teammates 4 the event?...
Old 2012-03-20, 02:22   Link #152
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

LoL and i thought Tatsuya was trying to not get noticed
Old 2012-03-20, 02:46   Link #153
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
LoL and i thought Tatsuya was trying to not get noticed
Spoiler for weeds:
Old 2012-03-20, 10:35   Link #154
AlaAlba

Quote:

WOAH, what are these wall of texts Could you be the next translator for this serie? after lare retired?

Jokes aside, do you read the raws or chinese translation whsie? and until what volumes are chinese version is out?
Old 2012-03-20, 13:10   Link #155
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
WOAH, what are these wall of texts Could you be the next translator for this serie? after lare retired?

Jokes aside, do you read the raws or chinese translation whsie? and until what volumes are chinese version is out?
Lol, I thought about being the translator for Campione and High School DxD (when the thread was still in 10s) last November but then life just took over after that.

I can read the raws, but it's absolutely excruciating on me. I read at a snail's pace. That said, there are parts where I just have to read on and I force myself into maze. I have a far greater grasp on Chinese and if there are translations, I read it first. And last but not least, if there's English, I'm running to that version. Unfortunately, while my language proficiency is in the order of English>Chinese>>Japanese, the amount of material released is in the order of Japanese>>>>Chinese>>English.

The Chinese translations, which are my best bet, translated volume 1, volume 2, 2/3rd of volume 3, 2/5th of volume 4, 1/3rd of the Past Arc, and some side stories. For the others, I have to read the japanese version.
Old 2012-03-20, 16:14   Link #156
for3ver
The Lost Child

thankyou for that whsie ^^
Old 2012-03-20, 23:18   Link #157
whsie

Quote:
What happens next after tatsuya chose his teammates 4 the event?...
Spoiler for Event after selection:

EDIT: I decided to mention two more characters who will be important in the 9 School Tournament Arc
Spoiler for Crimson Prince and Cardinal George:

Last edited by whsie; 2012-03-21 at 00:02. Reason: Added in background info on two more characters critical to the 9 School Tournament.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:36   Link #158
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

There it was a slight update on baka tsuki, based on this thread reactions and stuff + the love for spoiler and some translation work; it looks like this title is really picking up with the eng community.

whsie's spoilers are great as well.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:58   Link #159
Valky
Radioactive

Well, it's no wonder this LN steadily gaining it's popularity. The story plot and the main character's ability, personality and circumstances are pretty much what drawn me into this series.

Too bad it's not a harem story, but Miyuki existence is enough to make me happy.

How is the LN sales in Japan btw?
Old 2012-03-21, 00:08   Link #160
maou87

Quote:
Spoiler for Event after selection:

EDIT: I decided to mention two more characters who will be important in the 9 School Tournament Arc
Spoiler for Crimson Prince and Cardinal George:

Thank a lot 4 d spoilers, that is just great... what happened in the fight vsbetween CP & CG . Tatsuya's Group... and aftermath of their battle, sorry 4 d trouble i got cliff hanged...

Last edited by maou87; 2012-03-21 at 02:03. Reason: just forgot 2 ad something...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings