AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 14:58   Link #41
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

A very touching confession.

Princess's got style in chapter 23.
Old 2009-04-04, 16:19   Link #42
ellifeedn
Thinker

I started this recently and I have to say, I like it. How many chapters and volumes are there in total?
Old 2009-04-04, 16:50   Link #43
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I started this recently and I have to say, I like it. How many chapters and volumes are there in total?
All answers are here
Old 2009-04-05, 06:26   Link #44
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I see, thanks for that.

Well, I just finished the first three volumes and I can't wait for the great showdown that is coming. I'm also betting that at least one other knight joins the princess during the series.
Old 2009-04-22, 06:39   Link #45
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

New volume! It looks like the high-powered pace of the last few chapters will subside for now and the story will take its turn developing the knights instead. Excellent I'd say! It's been much needed since all the new characters are introduced. And, well... holy crap, Big Sis is a badass. She's now easily my favorite knight after Amamiya (not counting the KIA's).

She's a "player" alright.
Old 2009-04-22, 21:44   Link #46
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
A COS player mirite mirite?!

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2009-10-04, 15:53   Link #47
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's a shame that this series doesn't have more exposure. I started it yesterday, and I'm loving it. The humor's always spot-on and I'm enjoying the semi-dark mood. I was expecting a really random lighthearted comedy, but this is so much better.
Old 2009-10-08, 00:08   Link #48
Cinocard

Spoiler for 28:
Old 2009-10-24, 22:51   Link #49
Sol Falling

Oh man oh man. So, like, I know tLaBH is like stalled right now and this is only tangentially related to this topic, but another manga by Mizukami Satoshi has been getting scanlated lately and it is totally awesome. Sengoku Youko, it's called. It's about demons and humans. Seriously, the humour, the drama, it's just too good (I think it's even better than Biscuit Hammer actually). Check it out.

tLaBH is a more interesting romance though. Actually, one thing about Samidare that keeps popping up has me wondering: what precisely are the implications of her being Princess 'Anima'? Or rather; the implications of falling in love with 'anima'. Anima being, of course, man's subconcious inner femininity (self).

(lol sorry if the above paragraph completely fails to say anything. An admittedly somewhat half-assed attempt to stay on topic :P.)
Old 2009-12-14, 14:13   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After leaving this in my "to-read" list, I finally decided to check it out, and guess what! It's simply amazing
For starters, I think that most of the characters are very interesting, particularly Akitani, Yuuhi, Hyou, Hanako and Animus. I won't include the owl knight yet because his disposition was foretold, but things will probably get good on that side too...the other characters are not on that level yet, but they're not bad either; just standard manga characters.
Story-wise, it's also quite intriguing, because nobody(?) remembers a thing about the "last time", why it started or how it ended, every knight gets a wish, there's also the mysterious bond between the knights, the magus and the princess...and of course, the question of "WHY a biscuit hammer!?". I'm just loving this
Another part I found very well-made are the characters' abilities. I've read tons of manga and watched hundreds of anime, but this is the first case where there are no mooks: even the weakest golem can kill the strongest knight, the heroes could die at any given moment instead of mowing down a forest of golems each, and some dying while fighting the higher-ups.
Looking forward to the next release, anyone know if it's monthly or bimonthly?
Old 2010-01-06, 08:49   Link #51
upiro

"That is called the Biscuit Hammer. Floating in space ... Once it falls, it will smash the Earth like a cheap pastry."

Haha, one of the best lines I've read in any story!! And I want to know only one thing as well: Why a Biscuit Hammer? I'll read this story to the bitter end just to find out the answer to this million dollar question :P

Seriously though, this is a really interesting and unconventional story. What starts with a weird premise quickly becomes very serious and profound. The characters are all well fleshed out which makes it all the more painful when they get hurt or end up dying. The interactions between the various Knights are also very interesting and the Mage seems to be cruel but complicated as well.

The theme seems to be "We're all only Humans" and it's been repeated several times in the last few chapters. Quite pertinent considering that everyone has special powers which they must use to fight powerful mud-dolls. I suspect that this manga will turn into an in-depth character study while remaining entertaining throughout. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 2010-02-23, 22:20   Link #52
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

There has been an influx of new scans released in the past few days. Hopefully this will continue.

34 with all the sighing, hilarious.
Old 2010-02-23, 22:26   Link #53
ellifeedn
Thinker

This is nice. I wonder what other mythical beasts will appear; I'm definitely feeling the coming of a dragon.
Old 2010-02-23, 22:43   Link #54
FateAnomaly

Princess Anima is pretty funny. I like how she call her beast knights with their race rather than their name. Horse lol.

Maybe the lizard will be a dragon but it will still be a small one. lol.
Old 2010-02-24, 02:41   Link #55
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
There has been an influx of new scans released in the past few days. Hopefully this will continue.
I assume they're following the same pattern as RedHawk, waiting for a full volume to come out and then translate the whole thing, due to the low release rate.
Old 2010-02-24, 08:45   Link #56
Sol Falling

Yeah, I've been glad to see more of this too.

About the mythical beasts though. I think this was explained in some earlier chapter, but based on 34's dialogue there seems to only be three of them: Unicorn, Invisible, and Furesburg (spelling?). Unicorn is pretty obvious, but I don't really know what the other two are supposed to be. Since Invisible was connected to fish and reptiles, maybe it refers to a chameleon? That would also make Noi (the lizard) the 'best' choice (like the horse for unicorn). I've got no idea what a Furesburg or whatever is, though.
Old 2010-02-24, 16:20   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yeah, I've been glad to see more of this too.

About the mythical beasts though. I think this was explained in some earlier chapter, but based on 34's dialogue there seems to only be three of them: Unicorn, Invisible, and Furesburg (spelling?). Unicorn is pretty obvious, but I don't really know what the other two are supposed to be. Since Invisible was connected to fish and reptiles, maybe it refers to a chameleon? That would also make Noi (the lizard) the 'best' choice (like the horse for unicorn). I've got no idea what a Furesburg or whatever is, though.
i thought Furesburg was dragon which would make the snake girl the obvious choice.
Old 2010-02-24, 17:16   Link #58
Sol Falling

Ah, so there was a dragon? The groupings Yuuhi was putting the knights into were 'four legs' (unicorn). 'reptile/fish' (invisible), and 'winged' (furesburg), though. So if his speculations were correct, the candidates for furesburg are actually the various birds (crow, owl, chicken) and the flying mantis. Of all of those, none of them seem particularly related to a dragon, but given the ridiculous way the 'four legged' beasts are supposed to transform into Unicorn, I guess 'winged' isn't all that outrageous a categorization. Anyway, the 'transforming mythical beasts' idea had me thinking 'dragon' at first as well, until Yuuhi started identifying their names and their candidates, so I guess it's good that Furesburg does actually refer to a dragon after all.
Old 2010-02-24, 17:31   Link #59
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The Beast Knights shall be given a unicorn, so that they might later be made to feel 「Absolute Despair」...

Seeing Animus so shaken after Sami proclaimed that she had eaten his sister was pretty funny.

Yay for the batch of translations.
Old 2010-02-24, 19:44   Link #60
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ah, so there was a dragon? The groupings Yuuhi was putting the knights into were 'four legs' (unicorn). 'reptile/fish' (invisible), and 'winged' (furesburg), though. So if his speculations were correct, the candidates for furesburg are actually the various birds (crow, owl, chicken) and the flying mantis. Of all of those, none of them seem particularly related to a dragon, but given the ridiculous way the 'four legged' beasts are supposed to transform into Unicorn, I guess 'winged' isn't all that outrageous a categorization. Anyway, the 'transforming mythical beasts' idea had me thinking 'dragon' at first as well, until Yuuhi started identifying their names and their candidates, so I guess it's good that Furesburg does actually refer to a dragon after all.
just re-read it, the dragon is the invisible and the furesburg is a type of bird. looks like the lizard will be dragon and my guess is owl will be furesburg.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen