AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-17, 10:16   Link #61
james0246

I'm predicting that it will be Don Krieg.
Old 2013-01-17, 13:09   Link #62
mrShady

I'm predicting it is Eiichiro Oda trolling us......

.....with a cape!
Old 2013-01-17, 13:09   Link #63
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I'm pretty sure thats Mihawk.

There's a connection between him and Doflamingo and you can see his sword in the silhouette.

How the hell do you see a bird from that picture?
Thought the thing on the right was a beak, and on the left feathers. But now that you mention Mihawk there is no mistaken his chair-boat. The thing on the right is his sword, and the 'feathers' his mantle.
Old 2013-01-17, 13:57   Link #64
ZeroForever

yeah I'm going with the others on that it's mihawk, it's most likely it's the angle of his hat sticking up and his hat does have feathers.
Old 2013-01-17, 14:05   Link #65
leokiko

I'm predicting a Wano-kuni samurai.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:47   Link #66
marvelB

Bah, all you fools with your Aokijis and Mihawks! Why not just fuse them together into Hawkiji while you're at it? Then that'll make everyone happy, right?

Putting that aside.... I noticed that Monet's heart was still lying next to Caesar before he was blasted into the sea, but I'm unsure if it was blasted along with him. If it was, then I'd say that Monet IS as good as dead right there, because an impaled heart that's sunk into the depths of the ocean (a DF user's greatest weakness) does not sound like a very healthy combination......
Old 2013-01-17, 21:21   Link #67
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm still skeptical Oda would kill off a character like that.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:39   Link #68
marvelB

^Admittedly, I'm not entirely convinced that Monet will die either, but I do believe that Ace and Whitebeard's deaths actually cracked a hole in the idea that everybody in OP is immortal (even if the hole in question is miniscule ). And as I said in the last thread, being stabbed in the freaking heart really doesn't seem to be a wound that can be easily recovered from, even for a logia user.....
Old 2013-01-17, 22:39   Link #69
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Admittedly, I'm not entirely convinced that Monet will die either, but I do believe that Ace and Whitebeard's deaths actually cracked a hole in the idea that everybody in OP is immortal (even if the hole in question is miniscule ). And as I said in the last thread, being stabbed in the freaking heart really doesn't seem to be a wound that can be easily recovered from, even for a logia user.....
Wasn't Luffy punched in the heart with lava? I forget if the wound actually hit his heart or not...
Old 2013-01-17, 23:30   Link #70
marvelB

^Well, getting magma-fisted in the guts was pretty much how Ace died, but I'm pretty sure Luffy's injury was more of a flesh wound.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:51   Link #71
mrShady

It was Jinbei that got a shot of lava through his chest while carrying Luffy, this also caused Luffy's chest injury.
Both were supposedly in critical condition. Well Luffy was already in critical condition at the start of that arc.

Btw: I do hope we'll see more deaths now in the new world, it has to be a bit more menacing then the grandline was.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:05   Link #72
bonsobon

Doflamingo's subordinates don't seem very impressive do they? Ceasar and Monet were just plain weak, Baby 5 and Buffalo couldn't do anything against Franky (not downplaying his fight but you wouldn't call him top tier by any means), even Vergo didn't do a whole lot. I wonder how Doflamingo is going to turn this around considering the people he's going to be facing.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:22   Link #73
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

^^ Or maybe Franky is just super strong? How can you not call him top tier when tiers have not really been calculable since the time skip.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:44   Link #74
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
^^ Or maybe Franky is just super strong? How can you not call him top tier when tiers have not really been calculable since the time skip.
Power scaling. Ask yourself: are the monster trio top-tier? Many people (myself included) don't see them as top-tier fighters at this point even though they have yet to show off their full capabilities.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:53   Link #75
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think the straw hats won't have a difficult fight till they fight one of the yonkou.
Old 2013-01-18, 19:22   Link #76
marvelB

At least as far as Vergo goes, I'm still not entirely convinced that he's down for the count just yet. I mean, all Law really did was split his body apart and restrained him. Since Dofla is on his way to PH now I can see him freeing Vergo from his predicament so he'll be combat-ready again. We at least know that he's no slouch since he even gave Sanji (one of the monster trio) and Smoker some trouble, so I can see him still being very much of a credible threat once he's pieced back together.....
Old 2013-01-18, 19:54   Link #77
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
At least as far as Vergo goes, I'm still not entirely convinced that he's down for the count just yet. I mean, all Law really did was split his body apart and restrained him. Since Dofla is on his way to PH now I can see him freeing Vergo from his predicament so he'll be combat-ready again. We at least know that he's no slouch since he even gave Sanji (one of the monster trio) and Smoker some trouble, so I can see him still being very much of a credible threat once he's pieced back together.....
Doflamingo is going to have to get past the Straw Hats, Law and Smoker in order to be able to reach Vergo. You really see him being able to do that? Perhaps you're underestimating their abilities or overestimating his.
Old 2013-01-18, 20:59   Link #78
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I think the straw hats won't have a difficult fight till they fight one of the yonkou.
I've noticed that since the time-skip, the only strawhat to put forth considerable effort n either a fight or situation has been Luffy. Everyone else doesn't seem to struggle much at all, but Hody and Noah caused Luffy to draw blood , Z did the same and CC poisoned him. Every other strawhat had more minor injuries/encounters if any. Has any other strawhat had a decent struggle?
Old 2013-01-18, 21:04   Link #79
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The only reason Luffy struggled against Hody was because he was using drugs and the fact that they were fighting underwater where fishmen are stronger.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:03   Link #80
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I see Franky as the same level, maybe a smidge higher, as Nico Robin in the Straw Hat power ratings pre time skip. Now Nico spent all her time researching while Franky developed himself into a more meaner killing machine. Franky may possibly be closer to the monster trio than Nico Robin now which in my books is the tier below the 'tier below top fighters'.
Closed Thread