AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-05-29, 18:53   Link #41
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh Sasuke, couldn't even give Sarada a simple "i'm sorry" after trying to attack her
On the plus side, when Sarada shows off that picture of Sasuke's old team, i find the look on Naruto's face to be just hilarious.

I wouldn't really say that... I mean she has little reason to doubt that sasuke is her father; she carries his name, she bares some resembalance to him and she's likely been told she will eventually have his eye power. With Sasuke being the last uchiha there is no one else who could be her father...

As for Sakura, she doesn't have much to connect herself to her, and her broken family life has made her suspicious that things are not quite the way it seems. And her glasses are a major point of suspicion. Looking it up, eyesight is a complicated genetic problem, but the chances of being born nearsighted when neither of your parents are nearsighted is like 2%... This shoots up to 20% if just one parent is nearsighted. So ya if you wear glasses there is a HIGH chance that atleast one of your parents also needs them. Then we add in the lack of medical records on her birth, the fact that everyone seems to be hiding something from her, and that there is not even a single photo of her mother and father together, and sarada has plenty of reasons to be suspisious. Really aside from living with Sasukra, what evidence does Sarada really have that she is her mother?

Frankly i would have preferred if Sarada turned out to be Karin's daughter. Heck i think it would add something to Sarada's story to come to the conclusion that even if Sakura wasn't her really mom that she has been more of a parent to her than her actual father and thus it doesn't matter. Its like, what matters more, your bloodline, or who actually cared for you and raised you.

i like sasusaku, so ya its good shes not karins

edit: does chap 700 after gaiden or before? cause it looks like sakura is moving to a new house which could be because she wrecked her old one.

edit: acutally that wouldnt make sense since naruto already hokage in gaiden and in 700 he just became it

Last edited by fuff; 2015-05-30 at 01:24.
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 05:12   Link #42
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
i like sasusaku, so ya its good shes not karins

edit: does chap 700 after gaiden or before? cause it looks like sakura is moving to a new house which could be because she wrecked her old one.

edit: acutally that wouldnt make sense since naruto already hokage in gaiden and in 700 he just became it
This is a bit confusing here .

Since near the end of the Last , Naruto playing with his children while Kakashi still a Hokage .
In the new chap , Naruto already a Hokage while Sasuke talk about the possibility of an existence stronger than Kaguya , that mean Sarada already born at that time , but Sarada claimed that she hasn't seen her father since the day she was born .

Also , the one who stronger than Kaguya can only be......her husband , sarcasm *
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 06:00   Link #43
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Since near the end of the Last , Naruto playing with his children while Kakashi still a Hokage .
In the new chap , Naruto already a Hokage while Sasuke talk about the possibility of an existence stronger than Kaguya , that mean Sarada already born at that time , but Sarada claimed that she hasn't seen her father since the day she was born .
didnt she have a flashback? i thought the "hugging-scene" was only her imagination (or her wish) but maybe it was her memory about how she met her father at that time
but the clothes would be odd, seems like itwas only her imagination kishi shows again: he cant create a "plothole-less" timeline
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 08:51   Link #44
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Kishi just needed to make the enemy super strong so we wouldnt call BS on anyone taking on Naruto and Sasuke. We all wouldve liked something a little different but think of it as a way to explore Naruto and Sasukes powers we havent seen since we dont know what their really capable of. But all this aside am I the only one wondering where Himewari is ?
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 11:50   Link #45
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:

In the new chap , Naruto already a Hokage while Sasuke talk about the possibility of an existence stronger than Kaguya , that mean Sarada already born at that time , but Sarada claimed that she hasn't seen her father since the day she was born.
Well, Sasuke have a meeting at Hokage Office doesn't mean he visited his daughter.

I can see he leave immediately for another journey after the meeting is over since he's the one who proposed further investigation by himself.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 12:09   Link #46
cyberdemon

Quote:

Also , the one who stronger than Kaguya can only be......her husband , sarcasm *
That may not necessarily be true. It could just be that at that time the Hokage monument just hadn't been updated yet at the end of the last.
Old 2015-05-30, 14:45   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
didnt she have a flashback? i thought the "hugging-scene" was only her imagination (or her wish) but maybe it was her memory about how she met her father at that time
but the clothes would be odd, seems like itwas only her imagination kishi shows again: he cant create a "plothole-less" timeline
I thought that was her imagination aswell... it was what she thought meeting her father would be like. Ah poor sarada, she had to be born to such a jerk of a father (seriously, not even a simple apology).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
Kishi just needed to make the enemy super strong so we wouldnt call BS on anyone taking on Naruto and Sasuke. We all wouldve liked something a little different but think of it as a way to explore Naruto and Sasukes powers we havent seen since we dont know what their really capable of. But all this aside am I the only one wondering where Himewari is ?
Actually he didn't. Kishi had a very easy way out; just focus on the kids. There wasn't really a need for a conflict that involved Sasuke and Naruto. We could have easily had a story that was about Sarada and her journey of self-discovery. When we focus on Sarada and/or Bolt, we don't need a world ending threat; a simple chuinin would once again be a serious threat to the heroes. The power creep gets a nice soft reset to zero... Not to mention that Sarada is a FAR more interesting character than Sasuke.

But unfortunately we got yet another story all about the sharigan...
Old 2015-05-30, 16:22   Link #48
fuff

i think kishi is doing a good job on gaiden cause right when i finish reading the chapter i want to read the next one badly! and i love the plot, the whole drama is pretty interesting. if it just focused on the kids and not naruto and sasuke it would have been boring and more like a spin off instead. But having naruto and sasuke being the main ones is a lot better! and i like sarada and the whole sasuke drama its interesting but still hoping to see some sasusaku moments

Last edited by fuff; 2015-05-31 at 17:50.
Old 2015-05-31, 15:49   Link #49
Krono

Quote:

Most people don't remember things from all that early in their life. Sasuke could have been around for a couple years when she was a baby, and she wouldn't remember him at all. That gives you 2-3 years of wiggle room, though that might not be enough.

Then again, coherent timelines have never been Kishi's strongest suit.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 16:26   Link #50
itachi-san314

Quote:
Actually he didn't. Kishi had a very easy way out; just focus on the kids. There wasn't really a need for a conflict that involved Sasuke and Naruto. We could have easily had a story that was about Sarada and her journey of self-discovery. When we focus on Sarada and/or Bolt, we don't need a world ending threat; a simple chuinin would once again be a serious threat to the heroes. The power creep gets a nice soft reset to zero...
I was hoping for that as well. It would have been great. Ninjas like those Chuunin mist twins from the Zabuza arc would have sufficed. We wouldn't need ninja that are somehow scarier/better than Kaguya. and then when Salada and/or Bolt got in over their heads, Jonin class ninja could come to their rescue like how Asuma saved Shikamaru against the Sound ninjas. And it doesn't have to always be Naruto and Sasuke. It would have been great if say Kiba or Tenten or Sai or someone who hasn't got much development lately got injected into their story along the way to help them out. But yea, we are back to Naruto, Sasuke and Sharingans as far as the eye can see. That said, I have been enjoying the story so far. I would have liked it more if it wasn't about Naruto and Sasuke though.

Quote:
Not to mention that Sarada is a FAR more interesting character than Sasuke.
Just wondering why you say this. I like both Salada and Sasuke. And I can see why some people hate Sasuke, but what about her character is really that much more interesting? Is it just because she's new and a girl? Her story has hardly even developed yet.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 17:52   Link #51
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
I thought that was her imagination aswell... it was what she thought meeting her father would be like. Ah poor sarada, she had to be born to such a jerk of a father (seriously, not even a simple apology).

Actually he didn't. Kishi had a very easy way out; just focus on the kids. There wasn't really a need for a conflict that involved Sasuke and Naruto. We could have easily had a story that was about Sarada and her journey of self-discovery. When we focus on Sarada and/or Bolt, we don't need a world ending threat; a simple chuinin would once again be a serious threat to the heroes. The power creep gets a nice soft reset to zero... Not to mention that Sarada is a FAR more interesting character than Sasuke.

But unfortunately we got yet another story all about the sharigan...
As I said we all wouldve liked something different.... Maybe a storyline that takes place years in the future where Naruto and Sasuke are just legends or a throwback to early naruto days when power levels were normal and people still used normal ninja techniques or an Akatsuki story or Orochimaru showing up again not to mention the many loose ends that could be explored but... The list could go on forever but is it really such a bad thing having a sharigan party for the last time? Maybe this is Kishis way for appologising for the lack of action in "The Last "movie and the crappy war fights. Anyway whatever it is I'm happy with more Naruto
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 19:14   Link #52
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Just wondering why you say this. I like both Salada and Sasuke. And I can see why some people hate Sasuke, but what about her character is really that much more interesting? Is it just because she's new and a girl? Her story has hardly even developed yet.
Well sasuke DOES set the bar really low; it doesn't take much to be a more interesting character than him. The guy is dull as dirt and feels like he distracts from the plot rather then help move it. Sarada just by having difficulties that one can sympathize with and having and a bit of mystery to her, can easily make her more interesting then her boring Papa. Frankly i do find such stories of self-discovery to make for interesting character pieces. And being a new character does help seeing as it gives her growth potential where as other characters have kind of hit their peak. Heck if anything, the only reason i have any interest in sasuke is only in how sarada reacts to him; for me its like the only purpose for his character to keep existing is to help develop and define Sarada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
The list could go on forever but is it really such a bad thing having a sharigan party for the last time? Maybe this is Kishis way for appologising for the lack of action in "The Last "movie and the crappy war fights. Anyway whatever it is I'm happy with more Naruto
Considering how most of the plot of his 700 chapter long series revolved around the sharigan, ya, i find it a bad thing to focus on it AGAIN. Really i think i would want Kishi to apologize for his eyeball fetish... The Sharigan, has WAY too much baggage now.

Really his obsession with the sharigan is the worst thing that happened to this series. Naruto started out as a really great series and remained that way for a long time... Even sasuke himself started out as a good character. But it was when Sasuke return in the second half of the series that things started to go downhill. His melodrama jumpped shark, just became really annoying to deal with and it dominated the narrative... And i feel like its happening again. Sarada's managed to grab my interest, she's the character i want to learn more about, and i find this eyeball cult to be more of distraction than an asset.
Old 2015-05-31, 20:48   Link #53
Dickdatduck More

There are a few characters that use the Sharingan but how is the series about the Sharingan? and how is it any more/less of a plot device then the Tailed beasts or the Rinnegan? I know people have a hate-boner for Sasuke but it seems like when it comes to him the fandom tends to accentuate the negative.
Dickdatduck More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 22:54   Link #54
The Green One

A lot of people are just simply exasperated that we're redoing Danzo with the body Sharingan and redoing Akatsuki again. The lack of originality promotes much eye rolling. The author could of at least tried something a bit more different with a minon of Kaguya with some new powers but we had to rinse and repeat.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 01:37   Link #55
fuff

i wonder y sasuke did question is daughters sharigan eye..?

edit: doesnt she kinda remind u of rukia or is it just me?

Last edited by fuff; 2015-06-01 at 02:50.
Old 2015-06-01, 07:41   Link #56
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Lets just be honest here, even if he did give her a simple apology, it wouldn't matter to you as you'd still be here bashing the character, the sharingan, and anything else associated. I guess its just what you guys are used to doing. I wonder if you were acting like such an outraged family counselor when Itachi acted the same way with Sasuke, back when he was looking for answers. I think Sasuke should have disclosed some info to her as well, but this is obviously done for the plot, and her character arc.

Quote:
Well sasuke DOES set the bar really low; it doesn't take much to be a more interesting character than him. The guy is dull as dirt and feels like he distracts from the plot rather then help move it.
How do you feel he distracts the plot here?

Quote:
Frankly i do find such stories of self-discovery to make for interesting character pieces.
Sasuke actually had alot of self/clan-discovery going on; but I guess the standards change when he is invovled

Quote:
Considering how most of the plot of his 700 chapter long series revolved around the sharigan, ya, i find it a bad thing to focus on it AGAIN. Really i think i would want Kishi to apologize for his eyeball fetish... The Sharigan, has WAY too much baggage now.
Considering this is only the 5th chapter, I think its a bit too early to say the series is focused or revolved on the sharingan again... Seeing as this is the first appearance of a real enemy, I'd say we probably haven't met the big bad yet.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 11:38   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickdatduck More View Post
There are a few characters that use the Sharingan but how is the series about the Sharingan? and how is it any more/less of a plot device then the Tailed beasts or the Rinnegan? I know people have a hate-boner for Sasuke but it seems like when it comes to him the fandom tends to accentuate the negative.
Well we have not just sasuke and itachi, but we also have our main villians with obito and madara. The Rinnegan itself was an advanced form of the Sharigan. Their entire evil plan relied on using said eye techniques to ensnare everyone in a genjutsu with the moon. Not to mention we had Danzou with his sharigan arm. Heck its actually getting rather ridiculous that so many of these eyes were kept (Isn't Anbu supposed to prevent stuff like this). And when you think about it, Sasuke's entire subplot about his hate for Konoha was kind of irrelevant to the entire war that was going on. It was relevant for Madara and Obito, but less so for Sasuke...

and now we are once again got sharigan obsession. Was there really nothing else that Kishi could have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Lets just be honest here, even if he did give her a simple apology, it wouldn't matter to you as you'd still be here bashing the character, the sharingan, and anything else associated. I guess its just what you guys are used to doing.
Well ofcourse, the lack of an apology is only the LEAST of Sasuke's problems. It still would not fix all of his other failings as a father. Even when you consider his secret mission there are mutliple ways he could have put in the tiniest bit of effort to be a better father. Really pointing out the lack of apology from sasuke is just a snarky joke about how sasuke is such a bad father that he can't even get the simplest gestures right. Its a symptom of a much bigger problem

Sasuke earned his hate through his countless screw ups in the last series, the very LEAST he could do is STOP screwing up, but we can't get that.

Quote:
I wonder if you were acting like such an outraged family counselor when Itachi acted the same way with Sasuke, back when he was looking for answers.
Well yes actually. Itachi's entire plan to allow sasuke to hate him in order to make him stronger was counter productive to his goal of wanting sasuke to remain alive and part of Konoha. Itachi, as a peace loving person and one of the most powerful uchiha, should know that hatred is NOT the only way for a ninja to become strong. Hatred can make you strong but it also poses the risk of sending you down a villainous path (Madara/obito/sasuke). That hatred that's been festering inside sasuke is what drove him to seek help from Villians and what made him turn against and try to kill his friends. This kind of hatred was making it impossible for Sasuke to return to Konoha and be a happy part of it. His hardon for hatred is also ultimately what led to his desire to destroy konoha, the village that Itachi sacrificed everything to protect. Itachi sacrificed everything so that Sasuke would not have to deal with war and sasuke ended up wanting to start a war. Its really screwed up.

A much better idea would have been to leave sasuke alone and not egg him on any further. Allow Kakashi to raise him right and turn him into the kind of man who would hunt down itachi out of hate and vengence, but for justice; Sasuke needed to learn to get over his hate, not embrace it. Itachi became the most powerful uchiha of his time and he was ultimately a loving and unselfish person; sasuke could have done the same. I'd even say sasuke WAS on that path until Itachi decided to show up again and mess with his head to reinforce his hatred

Quote:
Sasuke actually had alot of self/clan-discovery going on; but I guess the standards change when he is invovled
I like WELL DONE stories of self-discovery. Sasuke's story started out well but it started to drag out in part 2 and then just turned to complete nonsense after he killed itachi.
Old 2015-06-01, 13:34   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Well sasuke DOES set the bar really low; it doesn't take much to be a more interesting character than him. The guy is dull as dirt and feels like he distracts from the plot rather then help move it. Sarada just by having difficulties that one can sympathize with and having and a bit of mystery to her, can easily make her more interesting then her boring Papa. Frankly i do find such stories of self-discovery to make for interesting character pieces.
we're in the realm of opinion here so it seems you don't like Sasuke's character story, whereas I like most of it. I don't really see how Salada's difficulties are more identifiable/sympathetic than Sasuke's. His family was murdered by his brother and then after getting revenge, he found out his brother was more than he made out to be. I get that and can see why it would drive someone crazy. Like Artful_Dodger said, Sasuke's character was all about self discovery as well, but again, it's obviously an opinion whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Well ofcourse, the lack of an apology is only the LEAST of Sasuke's problems. It still would not fix all of his other failings as a father.
I think I come in between you and Artful_Dodger here because while I do like and understand Sasuke's character, I am also totally sick of Sharingans. However, if things had turned out like you apparently wanted and Sasuke was a great, attentive father, I feel like Sasuke haters would still be bashing him for becoming Tsundere or just something he never was and out of character. For me, I think Sasuke's aloofness makes total sense for his character. Also, apologizing isn't in his character either. I don't know why anyone would expect that.

Quote:
Sasuke earned his hate through his countless screw ups in the last series, the very LEAST he could do is STOP screwing up, but we can't get that.
I could never hate Sasuke like so many fans of the series do. If you take a step back, the things that happened to him are so awful that there really isn't an acceptable way of dealing with them. At times, he acted completely psychotic, which I thought was understandable given what had happened prior to him acting that way. Some people irl have behaved just as psycho for going through less trauma.

Quote:
I like WELL DONE stories of self-discovery. Sasuke's story started out well but it started to drag out in part 2 and then just turned to complete nonsense after he killed itachi.
how would you expect someone to react after finally getting revenge for their family's genocide and then finding out that it was all part of some village plot and his brother shouldered the burden for everyone to his ultimate death? Sasuke's insane reaction seems to be right in line to me.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 21:23   Link #59
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I see a lot of complaining in this thread. Kishimoto is obviously obsessed with the Sharingan. That is a well-established fact. So this Sharingan-user cult trying to resurrect Akatsuki doesn't surprise me. Apparently nearly all the Uchiha members had their Sharingans preserved by Obito so there was plenty of opportunity for someone to go crazy creating the Sharingan freak we saw in the last chapter.

I would like to see Izanagi again and how Naruto and Sasuke are able to deal with it. Sasuke already beat the technique vs. Danzou but maybe this new Sharingan user can make better use of it.

I hope Sakura really is the mother of Sarada. That would be dumb if she was really Karin's child. What is she going to do seek out Karin and abandon Sakura? There's problem some secret surrounding her birth but false parentage would be a lame one.

Overall I liked the first few chapters of this new arc. I can tell they are building toward something epic. It's really cool seeing the characters we watched grow up realizing their full potential as adult ninja. I think everyone should just relax and enjoy the manga. More plot twists and revelations are sure to come.
Old 2015-06-01, 22:56   Link #60
Romanticide

Sasuke's characterization is so odd. Why make him this way???
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote