AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-27, 23:02   Link #1
Nerroth
NePoi!

Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (Vita/PS4)

As noted by Gematsu, Spike Chunsoft and Tri-Ace have announced a new Vita/PS4 RPG title, which will bee due out in Japan later this year.

More info should emerge later this week from Famitsu for the game.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2015-08-03 at 13:43.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 16:45   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Info is apparently out:

-Setting is Tokyo and planet called Plotraksa(?)
-12 young protagonists gets Shinigami (Evil God)'s soul in them so they become immortal, and they end up getting involved with battle of Gods
-Dungeon traveling is 3D Sideview with SD characters
-you can perform actions like jump and dash to progress dungeons
-enemies are symbol encounter so you can attack them first
-battle involves 4 characters in system called active chain battle
-Each members are bound to the 4 face buttons (○/×/□/△) and when you press each button corresponding characters attack
-you have to think of the order of the attack to keep the combo going, and higher combos will result battle chance of rare items
-In the battle there is 'front row' and 'back row' and you can switch them during battle. Front row has higher damage output but is easier for enemies to attack. Back row has lower damage but it's harder for enemies to attack you.
-main characters have power of shinigami, so you can unlock those powers to do special attacks

-story is not your typical "good guys beat evil guys"
-you have important choices to choose which member you send back to Earth. The order in which you send characters back to Earth will have influence on the road to the ending.
-time it takes to beat the game is around 40~50 hours
-there are lots of post-game contents
-online elements include time attack on boss battles
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 21:15   Link #3
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
New Info is apparently out:

-Setting is Tokyo and planet called Plotraksa(?)
-12 young protagonists gets Shinigami (Evil God)'s soul in them so they become immortal, and they end up getting involved with battle of Gods
-Dungeon traveling is 3D Sideview with SD characters
-you can perform actions like jump and dash to progress dungeons
-enemies are symbol encounter so you can attack them first
-battle involves 4 characters in system called active chain battle
-Each members are bound to the 4 face buttons (○/×/□/△) and when you press each button corresponding characters attack
-you have to think of the order of the attack to keep the combo going, and higher combos will result battle chance of rare items
-In the battle there is 'front row' and 'back row' and you can switch them during battle. Front row has higher damage output but is easier for enemies to attack. Back row has lower damage but it's harder for enemies to attack you.
-main characters have power of shinigami, so you can unlock those powers to do special attacks

-story is not your typical "good guys beat evil guys"
-you have important choices to choose which member you send back to Earth. The order in which you send characters back to Earth will have influence on the road to the ending.
-time it takes to beat the game is around 40~50 hours
-there are lots of post-game contents
-online elements include time attack on boss battles
Yeah that's totally not VP
Then again it seems like we have 12 characters at the start and then we need to send one or two in each milestone of the game? I mean we don't need to recruit someone before sending them to valhallaearth

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 15:08   Link #4
Iron Maw
Banned

Full HQ scans on Valkyrie Profile 4 Exist Archive.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/07/...-scans_29.html

More info from NeoGAF.

Quote:
Teaser Site: http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/ea/

Release Date: 2015
Platform: PS4/PS Vita

Producer: Yuichiro Saito
R&D Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda
Director & Scenario: Masaki Norimoto
Music: Motoi Sakuraba
Character Design: Taro Mino
Developer: tri-Ace
Publisher: Spike Chunsoft

Story:

The game is set in an alien world known Protolexa (?), which is made up of a large circular land mass surrounding a huge central structure. It seems to be some sort of afterlife. The game centers around 12 people from modern Tokyo who have been caught up in an explosion and have died. But because they possessed fragments of an evil deity within them, they were transported to this strange new world instead, where they are drawn into a conflict between the gods.

The main character is Kanata Kujo (VA: Ryota Osaka), a guy from a well to do family who is engaged to Ranze Kamikawa (VA: Aya Endo) in an arranged marriage. Ranze is from a respected family who has high expectations of her, but when she is caught in the explosion with Kanata, her true nature emerges when faced with death. Mayura (VA: Ai Kayano) is another girl who Kanata will meet at Protolexa, and like him she has white hair. Another character introduced is Tokihisa (VA: Tetsuya Kakihara) who at first glance looks to be a punk with a bad attitude, but is someone who thinks of his companions.

The story in the game is about how these characters react to the situation they've been put into and not a traditional tale of good versus evil.

Gameplay:

Like Valkyrie Profile, it is a sideview RPG where towns, dungeons, and battles are viewed from the side. There will be platforming actions in dungeons and fields like dashing and jumping, and enemy encounters are visible. Players can gain an advantage in battle by striking at the visible enemies first.

The battles are also similar to VP where parties comprise of 4 characters and their attacks are bound to the face buttons on the controller. Executing good combos will increase the rating players get in a battle, which will result in better item drop rates. The battle system is called "Active Chain Battle". The L/R buttons are also used to rotate the row order of the party, and it is known as the "Active Rotation" system. The 12 characters in the game also each have a unique special attack type known as "Demon's Greed" where they unleash the power of the evil deity within themselves.

There will be multiple endings in the game, and these will depend on which characters the player decides to send back to Earth over the course of the game. The characters all seek to return back to their previous lives, but to do so they have to influence the balance of power in the war between the gods as a third force.

The evil power the characters have within them can also be used in a "Greed Mode" to interact with dungeon gimmicks. There will be tons of optional content, an extra dungeon post-game, and an online boss time attack feature. The base game is expected to take around 40-50 hours to complete.

The game is currently 75% complete.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 18:44   Link #5
Iron Maw
Banned

The music is wonderful~

Seriously tri-Ace x Sakuraba>any other Sakuraba collbro
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 00:36   Link #6
Nerroth
NePoi!

Two more characters seem set to be revealed later this week.
Old 2015-08-04, 01:56   Link #7
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Game looks awesome.
And totally NotValkyrieProfile.

That's a good thing though!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 21:57   Link #8
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

VERY slow start, but once you get all the party members it starts picking up real fast. Still, that's like 3-4 hours in the start that could've been cut down to 1 hour at most.

My biggest gripe with the game though is that combos midair gives red crystals, while combos on the ground gives blue. That's so opposite of Valkyrie Profile! Man, it's so easy to get blue crystals now... XD

Next biggest gripe is the load times. I've gotten used to it now, but game could've been much more fun if it was smoother. Third gripe is Ranze's English VA is SOOO deep; which is a shame, since I like MC's English VA way better.

Is it the most fun game I've played this year? No, that honor goes to Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Comboing is still fun, but I admit I miss every turn Purify Weird Soul attacks. On the plus side, its actually feasible to bring 2 mages to the party due to the AP system, so the party variety is so much better here.

All in all, I am playing this more than I am playing civilization 6, so that counts for something right?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 23:01   Link #9
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Purify Wicked Soul?
You mean Demon's Greed? It'll unlock eventually.
BTW. this game has the you can make everyone into clones of one another system. So their Demon's Greed is what tells them apart.
And those with MT Demon's Greed are so much superior than those who don't.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 19:07   Link #10
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh sorry, I guess you haven't played Valkryie Profile, the spiritual predecessor of this game. In that game, the 'Demons Greed' attacks are called 'Purify Weird Soul', and it's not that hard to pull off PWS attacks with all 4 of your characters, each and every turn. That IMO was part of the fun of VP, especially since the dub was EXCEPTIONAL. Some of the fun lines I still remember include:

"Body and soul shall be torn asunder!"
"Now your future is empitness!"
"My soul burns, my power has awakened!"

In here, I guess it becomes easier to do Greed Attacks later on, but it just isn't nearly as fun as VP.

As for the actual Greed Attacks, eh, I like single target more and more later in the game, if only because I can remove one really dangerous enemy just so I can farm the trash mobs for more blue crystals. XD

Another big thing that bugs me: no training mode. Like in the end when all your attackers are using Bloody Cross 1 for the juicy hits, it doesn't really matter what move you use, as they'd all more or less combo. But before that, man, I hate how you can only experiment with your attacks in actual battles.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 00:57   Link #11
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh, I know what PWS is, I just like the sound of Demon's Greed more.
Of course, Soul Crush sounds the lamest out of all.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 08:24   Link #12
Jinjer

hm, i did just get a vita... could try this!
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, rpg, spike chunsoft, tri-ace