AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 12:38   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
After the debacle with episode 3 versus episode 5's ending I've decided that if Kyoto Animation is going to play favourites with their series music I will do the same in kind. For that reason I'm putting the following songs on a protection list from the characters of Lucky Star:

Spoiler:

So if any of these songs are sung and butchered the show gets a Game Penalty from me unless they do one of their own series songs in an off-key fashion, in which case I'm dropping my protection ring around these songs. This is about the only way I can square things regarding the inconsistencies in the shows ending bits.
Old 2007-05-10, 20:25   Link #42
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
After the debacle with episode 3 versus episode 5's ending I've decided that if Kyoto Animation is going to play favourites with their series music I will do the same in kind. For that reason I'm putting the following songs on a protection list from the characters of Lucky Star:

Spoiler:

So if any of these songs are sung and butchered the show gets a Game Penalty from me unless they do one of their own series songs in an off-key fashion, in which case I'm dropping my protection ring around these songs. This is about the only way I can square things regarding the inconsistencies in the shows ending bits.
Kaioshin-chan, this is one of those times when that unknown guy who keeps cheapshooting you with the "who cares what you say" refrain actually HAS a point.... (-_-")
Old 2007-05-10, 21:33   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Kaioshin-chan, this is one of those times when that unknown guy who keeps cheapshooting you with the "who cares what you say" refrain actually HAS a point.... (-_-")
Yeah well Я делаю это не для любого еще, я делаю это для меня
Old 2007-05-10, 21:58   Link #44
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
What the heck happened with Ep 5's Chala Head Chala, I mean holy crap the others were bad on purpose, but this one is just outright painful on the ears. I think they went way overboard on the bad karaoke with this one such that I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to buy and listen to a single of it.
I have to disagree completely.

The original wasn't exactly sung by Luciano Pavarotti, and relative to the original performance Konata didn't really do terribly until the "CHA-LA, HEAD CHA-LA" pieces... and while those were bad, they were ADORABLE. I just can't listen to it without cracking up!

It wasn't until this one that I had any anticipation of the future CD edition.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:26   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I have to disagree completely.

The original wasn't exactly sung by Luciano Pavarotti, and relative to the original performance Konata didn't really do terribly until the "CHA-LA, HEAD CHA-LA" pieces... and while those were bad, they were ADORABLE. I just can't listen to it without cracking up!

It wasn't until this one that I had any anticipation of the future CD edition.
I'd probably have felt the same way initially were it not for the Sorega Ai Deshou thing. In fact there's no doubt about it, that I'd be totally into the spirit of the whole thing if it weren't for the fact that last time we heard Konata she had a completely different singing voice. Like you said though I'll let it slide this time.
Old 2007-05-11, 00:44   Link #46
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I'd probably have felt the same way initially were it not for the Sorega Ai Deshou thing. In fact there's no doubt about it, that I'd be totally into the spirit of the whole thing if it weren't for the fact that last time we heard Konata she had a completely different singing voice. Like you said though I'll let it slide this time.
I remember something about singing the song in the spirit of the anime. Everything except for that one came from an action show with testosterone-driven songs. Seems consistent to me.
Old 2007-05-11, 01:15   Link #47
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I remember something about singing the song in the spirit of the anime. Everything except for that one came from an action show with testosterone-driven songs. Seems consistent to me.
I don't buy it, there's more to it than that. I'll believe it if I see them do another slow song by Konata that isn't from Kadokawa Shoten and is sung true to the opening. Aside from that, what makes an action song more open to complete butchering than a sappy love song, that's what I want to know. I can't help but accuse the writers of that line of seriously faulty thinking and reasoning. The kind that results from trying to find a quick fix to explain away conflict of interest (You know like the kind politicians give).

I don't think anyone will ever be able to convince me that "Singing the Song In The Spirit of The Anime" is a good enough excuse for butchering action openings, but being faithful to cheesy love song openings. I also think there's a huge distinction from what I see as bad karaoke versions of the action songs and a lounge singing performance of another. The disparity in overall quality is just to great to call both being in the spirit of the anime. To me if I were singing something like Chala-Head-Chala I would be aiming to sing on key and to do the song justice, just as much as if I were trying to sing a slow melodic song.

The message I got from their "Singing Songs In The Spirit Of The Anime" was that Action series are inferior to Romantic Comedy (Which as much as Fumoffu is from a larger continuity of mecha action is really what it is in its own right) and undeserving of an all-out effort. To me that was at least initially, a pretty huge insult to a person that happens to be a fan of said genre, so they might as well have been better off not trying to explain it through Konata's mouth at all, because it backfired horribly in my opinion and only served to upset me.

Lately though I've been wondering if I can blame them really. Recently I have said that Kyoto Animation/Kadokawa Shoten have become legendary to me for their lack of tact in dealing with people respectfully and honestly (including their own staff) other than their direct fanbase to the point where I'm becoming desensitized to it. That's why I'm willing to let it slide as the onus is on them to prove to me convincingly that they aren't playing favourites, not on my to buy their explanations at face value. Since they regularly fail to do this, I have nothing left to say and will just laugh derisively in their direction the same way I do whenever Bush does something ridiculous. To me their policies are more approaching sad and amusing than annoying as the days go by.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-11 at 01:36.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:16   Link #48
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Full version of Motteka Seerafuku! has been leaked, a week ahead of release.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:24   Link #49
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
PV of Lucky Star OP:
Recently I've found this:

The post starter claimed that it is the PV version--can anyone verify it for me? Is it the real one, or is it just a re-mix?

link deleted--sorry forgot to read the rules first--we'll see in the future, I'll hold on to the file until it's been officially released.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:29   Link #50
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The entire thing sounds too authentic to be a remix.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:06   Link #51
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Found out thanks to Moetron blog, and yes, it seems to be the real thing.

Longer sounds weirder .

Nice though .
Old 2007-05-14, 20:14   Link #52
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Full version of Motteka Seerafuku! has been leaked, a week ahead of release.
Oh that's not going to be good for what is destined to be a chart topper (I mean in the Popularity Sense the "Oh My God It's From Lucky Star BUY IT! BUY IT!, not the "Oh My God, This Song Is Very Well Composed And Sung Beautifully, Therefore I Will Buy It" sense). I should also mention that it sounds identical to how it sounded out in my head (since I've listened to countless anime openings I'm able to plug in the holes as to how it should sound in full verison just by listening to the TV Size). As catchy as it is it has no place on my playlist however as it gets annoying after even one loop.

As long as some trampling occurs on the street release date though it'll still be worth it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-14 at 20:24.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:41   Link #53
Meophist

I'm kinda addicted to the song now. I feel like if I listen to it enough and actually try to listen to the words, my Japanese listening comprehension can improve, somehow.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:52   Link #54
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Or, at they very least, you'll be giving the Jimmy Dean company more of your business.
Old 2007-05-14, 20:56   Link #55
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:

Speak for yourself. Kona-chan butchering "Just Communication" or "Carnival" (from Blue Seed, a song about going out to the clubs hunting sex partners introducing a show about the battle against elemental evil) would be funny as hell.
Old 2007-05-14, 22:01   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Speak for yourself. Kona-chan butchering "Just Communication" or "Carnival" (from Blue Seed, a song about going out to the clubs hunting sex partners introducing a show about the battle against elemental evil) would be funny as hell.
Hmm, I though I had replied to this.

Anyway, Just Communication would require a massive technobeat in the background. I'd tolerate no less than disco lights flashing around outside that door in the ending.

Unfortunately the game Another Centuries Episode already has dibs on butchering Just Communication. Anything this series does would be a step up from that version.
Old 2007-05-14, 22:14   Link #57
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Hmm, I though I had replied to this.
Not everyone can recognize Russian at first glance, Kaioshin-chan. Heck, I searched through several fonts in Microsoft Word before it hit me that I should be trying Babelfish instead.
Old 2007-05-15, 03:33   Link #58
Asrialys

I wondered how the full version of the opening theme would sound. And wow...

But I think I prefer the short version. But I like all the sound effects they make ^_^
Old 2007-05-15, 03:58   Link #59
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
As long as some trampling occurs on the street release date though it'll still be worth it.
I'm sure enough people will still want to buy it, if only to get the lyric sheet. (And how many will be disappointed to discover it's not a song about sausages?)

Then there are the uber-otaku who will buy multiple copies just to boost the rankings.

And I'm expecting next week's episode will be filled with subliminal and superliminal advertisements for the single.
Old 2007-05-15, 05:22   Link #60
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Then there are the uber-otaku who will buy multiple copies just to boost the rankings.
Remember: You buy one for yourself, one for loaning, and a last one in case of the first one disappearing

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Closed Thread