AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 19:28   Link #61
EvI

what is the alicization arc?
i really want to know about it D=
kazuto/kirito will no longer be the protagonist? =´(
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:42   Link #62
Athena
The Power of One

Alicization arc seems to be on hold...I don't really know the details though.

EDIT: After checking, Teh_Ping will do it.
Old 2011-12-09, 02:05   Link #63
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
what is the alicization arc?
i really want to know about it D=
kazuto/kirito will no longer be the protagonist? =´(
Although I knew much of the detail but I won't spoil it here because Alicization arc involves spoiler from the Phantom Bullet arc (GGO).

But don't worry, the Kirito/Kazuto we know is still our protagonist in this arc.
Old 2011-12-09, 17:17   Link #64
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Although I knew much of the detail but I won't spoil it here because Alicization arc involves spoiler from the Phantom Bullet arc (GGO).

But don't worry, the Kirito/Kazuto we know is still our protagonist in this arc.
thanks mate
kirito is one of my favorite protagonists so a history of "SAO" without him would no longer be "SAO"=D
Old 2011-12-09, 18:35   Link #65
Undertaker

I actually have yet to follow this LN personally I like Accel World better, but I thought SAO is pretty much the protagonists getting into trouble in MMORPG, getting out of it only to be getting back into it in another game...
Old 2011-12-09, 18:40   Link #66
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I actually have yet to follow this LN personally I like Accel World better, but I thought SAO is pretty much the protagonists getting into trouble in MMORPG, getting out of it only to be getting back into it in another game...
I guess that works for a really simplified summary, I'd say it's slightly more complex than that though. Really just read volume 1, it's a good introductory novel.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:01   Link #67
Undertaker

I know it was more complicated than that and I did read a bit of V1 online, it just didn't register to me like Accel World did. Although maybe I just have problem with MMO games. I liked .Hack series before I realizes they just keep re-using the same setting and concentrate only on the in-game aspect of the characters.

Though with that being said, I'm planning on watching the series and then decide if I want to spend the money and digging myself into another LN holes.
Old 2011-12-09, 23:36   Link #68
Athena
The Power of One

If I remember well, people said that Accel World had many plot holes...don't know if it's true though.
Old 2011-12-10, 08:54   Link #69
Undertaker

There are some holes but nothing out of ordinary considering the genre. (sci-fi, action,battle)

Beside too many plot points are still in the dark so it's hard to say.

I personally find the actual writing and pace to be better. (again compare what little I read in SAO V1 and based on official Chinese version) And I simply like the cast better as well as that it seems to have much more character interaction (in real live) which is also what draws me to that series.
Old 2011-12-10, 10:27   Link #70
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
There are some holes but nothing out of ordinary considering the genre. (sci-fi, action,battle)

Beside too many plot points are still in the dark so it's hard to say.

I personally find the actual writing and pace to be better. (again compare what little I read in SAO V1 and based on official Chinese version) And I simply like the cast better as well as that it seems to have much more character interaction (in real live) which is also what draws me to that series.
I think I am just at the opposite end. SAO characters are much more closer to me than AW characters do. I always feel something odd while reading AW and eventually I dropped it. And at the same time, I am getting more and more committed to SAO over time.
Old 2011-12-12, 21:04   Link #71
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I just started and wow... the whole setup had me addicted. I could also feel something funny going on when I arrived at the final chapter of volume 3. Clearly something is up.

I just can't wait for the anime anymore XD.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 21:16   Link #72
EvI

i think SAO is better,because of the characters, but AW is not that bad
AW is in the same world as SAO? just curiosity :P
Old 2011-12-12, 21:27   Link #73
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
i think SAO is better,because of the characters, but AW is not that bad
AW is in the same world as SAO? just curiosity :P
They're the same author... But I don't think they happen in the same universe. I can already point several differences when I started reading SAO: like how SAO is missing that neuro-link thingy commonly used in AW.

And while SAO is modded off from MMORPG that promotes adventuring and interacting with people, AW is more PvP based gaming....

*Avid AW follower here*
Old 2011-12-12, 21:58   Link #74
ff7_freak

Think I read somewhere that AW is set 100 or more years in the future from SAO. So they are set in the same world, just different time periods
ff7_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 22:05   Link #75
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7_freak View Post
Think I read somewhere that AW is set 100 or more years in the future from SAO. So they are set in the same world, just different time periods
So SAO's a prequel to Accel World?
Old 2011-12-12, 22:13   Link #76
ff7_freak

I just finished checking another site, and it said they may be set in the same universe. If so, it is only around 20 years ahead. SAO begins at 2022, and Accel World starts at 2046.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:31   Link #77
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Quote:
I just finished checking another site, and it said they may be set in the same universe. If so, it is only around 20 years ahead. SAO begins at 2022, and Accel World starts at 2046.
Yeah this is right. There's also the theory about the main heroine of AW being Kirito and Asuna's kid since we keep not getting her name whenever it comes up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 04:19   Link #78
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Quote:
I am not 100 percent sure SAO is a prequel to AW but I do agree and sure that SAO and AW are in the same universe, just like Nasuverse's Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukuhime and Fate. Instead I would personally declare SAO and AW are in the "Rekiverse". The relationship between SAO and AW will become more apparent when SAO enters the 4th arc: Alicization.
Old 2011-12-13, 04:32   Link #79
ff7_freak

On the accel world manga, chapter 2, page 12, when talking about neuro links, it shows a precurser to the neuro links from a.d. 2020~ (a helmet VR interface) that looks like NervGear in my opinion
Old 2011-12-13, 21:22   Link #80
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah this is right. There's also the theory about the main heroine of AW being Kirito and Asuna's kid since we keep not getting her name whenever it comes up.
i suspected this already...it's so confusing
but well it's good enough right
i mean both novels are good so it is fine,however if kirito and asuna appear in AW i don't know if i would still like it in the same way,personally i don't like when they put old protagonists as support characters it just doesn't feel right to me :/

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality