AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-02, 13:00   Link #4401
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Of course I know that. But it also means that 1 time out of 10, they did. Considering the timing, here might be that one time.
Old 2014-06-02, 14:47   Link #4402
Tenzen12

Having author on board doesn't guarantee quality anyway there was plenty of trainwrecks who beared author name on it. From recent animes you just look for example on Arpeggio of Blue Steel or Mekaku City Actors.

Neither of these are realy terrible, but it failed all expectations.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 14:49   Link #4403
ellifeedn
Thinker

Writing for manga and writing for anime are not the same.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 22:49   Link #4404
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Writing for manga and writing for anime are not the same.
He's not writing for Anime.
However, that is my biggest concern regarding the Anime.
Script is by Makoto Uezu.
Staff in:
Seikon no Qwasar
Kore za Zombie desu ka
Danganronpa
Devil Survivor 2
School Days
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 23:18   Link #4405
Poodicus
The One and Only

^

While Danganronpa wasn't too bad, the other series in that list (besides Devil Survivor, never seen it) seem to not make me feel too good for what the anime in store it seems. Though seriously, how can you screw up a manga adaptation? I mean, with light novels I can sort of see the trouble with trying interpret some of the author's words and trying to guess what they meant in certain aspects, but manga? You know, pictures? Where what the author wants basically has it down in plain black and white? We can only hope though... Whatever spiritual being you believe in, pray to it for a non-fudged up adaptation.
Poodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 00:29   Link #4406
Kiltias

Devil Survivor 2 was butchered.
I suppose that's not his fault though, it's what happens when a Game with dozens hours of gameplay with a group of 9 Main Antagonists has to be packed into 13 episodes.
Old 2014-06-03, 06:47   Link #4407
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
It would actually be a great idea to kill Takumi. The story revolves too much around him, Akame gave her name to the manga but became some kind of side character.

Kill everyone. Leaving Akame alive and alone.
I bet manga will end with Akame being last Night Raider standing and crying over graves of her companions.
Old 2014-06-03, 07:04   Link #4408
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Don't know if it will suffices as an ending, but at least Akame will at least get the main character role
Old 2014-06-03, 09:10   Link #4409
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Manga comes to France in September under the name Red Eyes Sword.
Well, this is still potable. Captain Tsubasa had it much worse.
Old 2014-06-03, 09:54   Link #4410
Fwarlord

They should change the title to "I am an S". Why would a manga was named after a side character instead of the main character?
Old 2014-06-03, 10:12   Link #4411
Tenzen12

Quote:
For the french members, not sure if there are but just to let them know if there are, Manga comes to France in September under the name Red Eyes Sword.
Well, at least french people will not mistake Akame for important character with such ambigious tittle...
Old 2014-06-03, 10:38   Link #4412
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
They should change the title to "I am an S". Why would a manga was named after a side character instead of the main character?
i even forgot that there was a character called akame, im serious
almost every..no, every main casts are more important than akame, including the dead one like scissor girl and homo guy
even wave > akame
Old 2014-06-03, 10:51   Link #4413
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Well, this is still potable. Captain Tsubasa had it much worse.
What ?! Didn't you like "Olive et Tom" ! With such a catching song like "Olive et Tom, ils sont toujours en forme ♪ Tom, Olivier, sont super entrainés ♪"

Eck, they weren't even coherent with the Tsubasa's name during the opening XD
/Nostalgia

And like Tenzen12 said, it might not be a bad thing since Akame isn't the main character.
Old 2014-06-03, 10:52   Link #4414
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Supporting Protagonist.

It's a way of writing where someone other than the Hero or the one the story focuses on is the Protagonist.

A very good example is FF XII with Vaan.
He is the Main Protagonist, but not the Hero, nor the Leader, nor the Focus.

If Takahiro wants to , he may as well turn this into an extended Decoy Protagonist as well.
It's a Protagonist who only seems to be so, heck he has "I AM THE HERO" written all over.All so he can die at a certain point and the real protagonist take over.
The best example here is Kamina and Simon.Who is the one that screams to be the Hero of the story?
Old 2014-06-03, 11:13   Link #4415
Soji

We don't even know what the author really plan with Akame, there is a reason on why he give her name to the story, we just need to wait and see.

As far we know, we will see more of her after Kurome die (or whatever will happen to her) and the whole deal with her is finish.

Also, there is always the chance of what Kiltias said.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 11:26   Link #4416
Tenzen12

Quote:
Supporting Protagonist.

It's a way of writing where someone other than the Hero or the one the story focuses on is the Protagonist.

A very good example is FF XII with Vaan.
He is the Main Protagonist, but not the Hero, nor the Leader, nor the Focus.

If Takahiro wants to , he may as well turn this into an extended Decoy Protagonist as well.
It's a Protagonist who only seems to be so, heck he has "I AM THE HERO" written all over.All so he can die at a certain point and the real protagonist take over.
The best example here is Kamina and Simon.Who is the one that screams to be the Hero of the story?
Your definition of Supporting protagonist is extremely scetchy, Main trait is story is told from SP point of view. Watson (Sherlock Holmes), Rock (Black Lagoon) or Zenkichi (Medaka Box) are.That's not Akame case, so she doesn't fit a bill.

And of course she can't became Decoy protagonist, unless she were portraited as protagonist first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
We don't even know what the author really plan with Akame, there is a reason on why he give her name to the story, we just need to wait and see.

As far we know, we will see more of her after Kurome die (or whatever will happen to her) and the whole deal with her is finish.
Yes, we don't know, but we can make qualified guess. In begenning Akame got some screen time and Takahiro gave some attention to interaction between her and Tatsumi, which imply he had intend make her co-protagonist, but she was gradualy (though quite quickly) demoted to extra. Either author just realised he doesn't wanna actualy write her, or just found other characters to be better suited to support plot.

Such things happens all time.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-06-03 at 11:46.
Old 2014-06-03, 12:11   Link #4417
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Your definition of Supporting protagonist is extremely scetchy, Main trait is story is told from SP point of view. Watson (Sherlock Holmes), Rock (Black Lagoon) or Zenkichi (Medaka Box) are.That's not Akame case, so she doesn't fit a bill.

And of course she can't became Decoy protagonist, unless she were portraited as protagonist first.
I like how you think I mean Akame despite I never said so.....
Of course I mean Tatsumi, use your head.
Old 2014-06-03, 12:17   Link #4418
Soji

Tenzen12@Or maybe this was his plan from the beginning?
Although, you're right, things like this happens all the time.

To be honest I hope to see more of her in the future. But this is my preference (like most of you want to see more of Esdes).

Kiltias@I thought was pretty clear that you mean him.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 12:20   Link #4419
Tenzen12

Well, Tatsumi is bona fide protagonist, he is main star of story afterall, so I somehow have to disagree even after c misunderstanding is cleared.
Old 2014-06-03, 14:50   Link #4420
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Such things happens all time.
Really? Could you introduce me some manga where this kind of changing in plot happen? I like to read them.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!