AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-16, 12:37   Link #1
OutInTheRain
テレビの愛のため

Lacking originality! Need suggestion please..

When it comes to suggestions I go to animenfo.com... But somehow some lame anime like trigun, berserk, kimi ga nozomu ein and neon genesis evangelion makes it to the top... Im tired of wasting time watching boring animes.

I don't want unoriginal robot wars or dragon ball oriented animes unless they are really really good... Sorta like Naruto, that's something im willing to watch. But I like Originality.

Here is a list of the animes i watched and in order in wich i liked them.

1. full moon wo sagashite - Its own level of greatness, nothing ever compares to this.

2. naruto - Very inspiring, loved it although some episodes are lame

3. last exile - The qualaty of the drawings and its originality!! is what makes it great. great anime!

4. gto - HILARIOUS, and VEry original!

5. fruits basket- HIlarious!! LOved it!

6. noir - awsome music, lacks orginality but the amazing combat scenes make up for it. Also the fact that it really wasn't any sexually oriented in jokes or scenes was a ++

7. chobits - one of my first, it was very moving. defenetly good.

8. kenshin - also one of my first animes, it was "okay"...

9. yakitate japan - funny, but stupid. quite interesting... just not as good as the manga...

10. samurai 7 - licenced couldn't get the end but was getting good.

11. cowboy bebop - 11 and below are lame. this one was redundant but good ending.

12. detective academy - captivating and mind bogling but something just ain't right so i didn't like it.

13. kimi ga nozomu eien - so depressing and so much drama.. can't have fun if your depressed.

14. ragnarok - no comment...
15. trigun - cheese, at it's best
16. neon genesis evangelion - sick twisted minds came up with this

7 and up are animes that i thought were really great. I loved watching them and i'd like something that you guys liked just as much as these.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Last edited by OutInTheRain; 2004-12-16 at 14:33. Reason: added color
Old 2004-12-16, 17:33   Link #2
shino bugged
shino

Fullmetal Alchemist if you haven't already watched it , its only 2nd best to Naruto.
Old 2004-12-16, 18:22   Link #3
domino
デレデレ

I love non-cliche anime~. The only exceptionally good anime that I can think of that you don't already have on your list are The Vision of Escaflowne (a classic that every anime fan MUST see) and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Gankutsuou, Beck, Gravitation, and Prince of Tennis are also very interesting series that I think are quite unique.
Old 2004-12-16, 18:41   Link #4
UserName

A lot of animes are dragonball oriented and Naruto is very very unoriginal and very dragonball Z oriented...

Anyways try Beck. Slayers is also a good one though old. One Piece and Hunter X Hunter are also great.

Calling Berserk lame? Well. You might not like the animes I listed due to very different tastes... but if you decide to watch OP, you should give it a chance. It only gets better even if you don't like the beginning.
Old 2004-12-17, 19:13   Link #5
OutInTheRain
テレビの愛のため

alright then full metal alchemist it is!

oh and btw i saw the beginning of vision of escaflowne on tv till it got cancelled, but im defenetly going to watch that as well its a great anime.
Closed Thread