AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-08, 14:52   Link #1
Rasegan

Latest Episode : Episode 100 [ Containing Spoilers ]

So im sitting here watching the 100th episode of the Naruto series wich haven't been very good compared to the manga at this point, alot of new episode additions wich is just totaly stupid and they are drawn very badly for some reason.

But now to the point : WHY THE !"#/%&#"¤/%&&/ did you see Sasuke standing in the end next to Kakashi with a big smile on his face, cheering for Tsunade beeing the 5th hokage. As I know in the manga Naruto and Sasuke was supposed to have a minor battle wich Kakashi broke up. But instead they made all this BS about Lee wich should come AFTER Naruto and Sasuke having a fight, more towards the time when Sasuke takes of with the 4 Sand's. And the next episode wont contain anything near the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle, no, no, now they are going on a mission? I mean, what the hell, I've read quite many mangas wich then have become anime's, such as Love Hina, GTO, etc etc, and they have NEVER, not EVER strayed this much from the main dish. What the hell are they thinking the ones who make the anime, will the anime become more popular when they remove great battles wich people have been looking forward to after reading the manga chapters. Don't know if its got anything to do with the Naruto movie beeing in theaters, but honestly, this is fkd up
Old 2004-09-08, 14:58   Link #2
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Episode's topics are usually made by Vicious... and you should know about the upcoming filler arc to put some more distance between the manga and anime. Sasuke wasn't cheering either, he was leaning against a post watching. Being Sasuke.

And the build up for Lee is good actully, it's nice to see some more indepth views on his choice of weather to do it or not... and in the manga its stupid he's up and running as soon as the operation is over.

And there have been many filler arcs in on going series... One Piece is going through one right now (although the subbers havn't caught up). Everything in the manga is still coming, just not for a while.
Old 2004-09-08, 15:36   Link #3
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasegan
So im sitting here watching the 100th episode of the Naruto series wich haven't been very good compared to the manga at this point, alot of new episode additions wich is just totaly stupid and they are drawn very badly for some reason.

But now to the point : WHY THE !"#/%&#"¤/%&&/ did you see Sasuke standing in the end next to Kakashi with a big smile on his face, cheering for Tsunade beeing the 5th hokage. As I know in the manga Naruto and Sasuke was supposed to have a minor battle wich Kakashi broke up. But instead they made all this BS about Lee wich should come AFTER Naruto and Sasuke having a fight, more towards the time when Sasuke takes of with the 4 Sand's. And the next episode wont contain anything near the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle, no, no, now they are going on a mission? I mean, what the hell, I've read quite many mangas wich then have become anime's, such as Love Hina, GTO, etc etc, and they have NEVER, not EVER strayed this much from the main dish. What the hell are they thinking the ones who make the anime, will the anime become more popular when they remove great battles wich people have been looking forward to after reading the manga chapters. Don't know if its got anything to do with the Naruto movie beeing in theaters, but honestly, this is fkd up
Its not going to stop anytime so DEAL with it. You think this is bad, talk to any die hard Rurouni Kenshin fan, they will laugh in your face and smack you to the ground. As far as animes straying from the manga, read Full Metal Alchemist then watch the anime. The stories are different, and they are both very good. However the Naruto anime writers aren't that good, so don't expect the same.
Old 2004-09-08, 15:45   Link #4
DeluxSkillz

next ep is prolly gonna be the biggest load of crap ever i wonder maybe sasuke gets beat back into the hospital i wont mind that they can beat the little pussy as many times as they want for all i care
Old 2004-09-08, 15:56   Link #5
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Fortunatly some guest writer has been brung in for the filler arc aparenlty... if memeory serves its the guy who wrote for cowboy bebop or something similar.

But this could still work... Naruto could save Sasuke and again show his true powers and make Sasuke feel even more inferior or something forcing him to go off on the current manga arc.

But dont get pissed of about something you havn't even watched yet, for all we know the filler arc could be really good, just because it's a filler doesn't mean shit, it could still be good. The Manga is what the Naruto series has gone by very well, the filler arc isn't going to kill it... One piece went through one already and is on one now again.
Old 2004-09-08, 15:58   Link #6
wb_hicks

like stated b4 fillers are to be expected, and i t hink it only affect manga reader since they read the manga. i just wonder if people want another series like hxh. i guess you would rather wait months for a new ep.
Old 2004-09-08, 16:33   Link #7
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just wondering, since Tsunade is now the 5th Hokage will her face be sculpted on the Hokage monument.

I don't think this thread will remain open for any longer.
Old 2004-09-08, 16:35   Link #8
Rasegan

QUOTE :

"Its not going to stop anytime so DEAL with it. You think this is bad, talk to any die hard Rurouni Kenshin fan, they will laugh in your face and smack you to the ground. As far as animes straying from the manga, read Full Metal Alchemist then watch the anime. The stories are different, and they are both very good. However the Naruto anime writers aren't that good, so don't expect the same."

I don't care if a RK fan would smack me to the ground and call me an idiot or whatever. I just think that Naruto, wich USED to be a very entertaining anime and manga (manga is still very entertaining) The Naruto serie as it is now, have aired 4 filler-episodes (including the one next week) and possibly another after next week. Naruto was great from episode #1 - 87 or something like that, but then the wierd drawing suddenly started, the characters eyes pointing everywhere and they look all round in their faces and make strange gestures. The anime started to get strange around episode 90 or something like that, then they started looking all deformed.

Why do I care? I love the Naruto anime, not at the moment because they are not going along with the manga, and putting in fillers to make the anime 'last longer' or whatever. Adding episodes and making up stupid stuff wont please anyone, besides, the filler episodes so far have just been crap, nothing entertaining about them at all (not that a persons life on the line should be entertaining (Lee)).

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.l
Old 2004-09-08, 16:36   Link #9
Zek
Eyebrows...

"Rasegan," the only anime series that follow a manga but don't indulge in filler episodes/arcs are ones that have a defined end, which Naruto definitely does not. Surely you understand that the anime team would catch up to the manga rather quickly if they only covered manga content. Hell, filling an episode with even 2 chapters would be difficult in many cases without filler(they already pointlessly prolong fight scenes with dialogue just to take up more time). Go look up how Rurouni Kenshin met its end, and you'll know what happens to a series that catches up to the manga. Either the filler goes in now, or it goes in after the next manga arc and it will have to be much longer. There's no point complaining about it.

Last edited by Zek; 2004-09-08 at 17:44.
Old 2004-09-08, 17:05   Link #10
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasegan
QUOTE :

"Its not going to stop anytime so DEAL with it. You think this is bad, talk to any die hard Rurouni Kenshin fan, they will laugh in your face and smack you to the ground. As far as animes straying from the manga, read Full Metal Alchemist then watch the anime. The stories are different, and they are both very good. However the Naruto anime writers aren't that good, so don't expect the same."

I don't care if a RK fan would smack me to the ground and call me an idiot or whatever. I just think that Naruto, wich USED to be a very entertaining anime and manga (manga is still very entertaining) The Naruto serie as it is now, have aired 4 filler-episodes (including the one next week) and possibly another after next week. Naruto was great from episode #1 - 87 or something like that, but then the wierd drawing suddenly started, the characters eyes pointing everywhere and they look all round in their faces and make strange gestures. The anime started to get strange around episode 90 or something like that, then they started looking all deformed.

Why do I care? I love the Naruto anime, not at the moment because they are not going along with the manga, and putting in fillers to make the anime 'last longer' or whatever. Adding episodes and making up stupid stuff wont please anyone, besides, the filler episodes so far have just been crap, nothing entertaining about them at all (not that a persons life on the line should be entertaining (Lee)).

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.l
I agree with you 100 percent, and I feel the same way. BUT, filler is needed, otherwise eventually the anime will catch up, then we will have RK styel filler all over again, and personally I would rather drink chlorine. What I am saying is, deal with it for now, it will get better eventually, otherwise its going to get ten times worse if they don't do this filler now.
Old 2004-09-08, 17:07   Link #11
Yoska
フランキー

I don't even know why I'm posting in anime thread. Rasegan (rasengan), chill out, few filler episodes here and there is nothing! You hear ? Nothing.
Old 2004-09-08, 17:18   Link #12
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrik
I agree with you 100 percent, and I feel the same way. BUT, filler is needed, otherwise eventually the anime will catch up, then we will have RK styel filler all over again, and personally I would rather drink chlorine. What I am saying is, deal with it for now, it will get better eventually, otherwise its going to get ten times worse if they don't do this filler now.
Geez, "ten times worse if they don't do this filler now"? What is this, a filler arc or a surgical operation?

Seriously though, filler is filler. Naruto's filler hasn't been god-awful (sometimes it left much to be desired, but let's look at this; Naruto's filler hasn't become RK-ish yet) and at many times, has actually been pretty good. Even at times when it went against the manga (filler ep before this one, Tsunade punching Oro, and filler during the Neji fight), it was interesting to debate which scenario was better. It'd be best if you calmed down and just numbed your brain for a bit during the upcoming filler or you may rage yourself into a psychiatric ward.

Btw, I thought this was a discussion on episode 100? Who said you guys could get off-topic? *claps hands* Back to work, people!

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
Old 2004-09-08, 17:21   Link #13
mashimaro_boy

anime is anime, manga is manga. just seperate the two
Old 2004-09-08, 18:10   Link #14
SaberDicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro_boy
anime is anime, manga is manga. just seperate the two
Too bad the anime was closely based off the manga for oh, say the first 95 episodes. People are entitled to there opinions, and most manga fans get disapointed when they have to settle for filler, much less poor filler. The two gave up the option of being seperat entites a long time ago
Old 2004-09-08, 19:05   Link #15
realdeal
The Real Deal

What would be so bad about letting it catch up with the manga, and then adding a filler?
Old 2004-09-08, 19:10   Link #16
Ketsueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
What would be so bad about letting it catch up with the manga, and then adding a filler?
Nothing, but this is what they've decided instead. But if they begin the filler arc now they'll have 2 arcs to animate... maybe three. Should keep them busy.
Old 2004-09-08, 19:22   Link #17
LeafNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberDicer
Too bad the anime was closely based off the manga for oh, say the first 95 episodes. People are entitled to there opinions, and most manga fans get disapointed when they have to settle for filler, much less poor filler. The two gave up the option of being seperat entites a long time ago
What a lot of people are failing to realize is that A LOT of filler already has been added to the anime, but it has just been filler to individual episodes rather than whole "new" episodes themselves. Sometimes the filler had been larger like the bull chase filler, while the main bulk of the existing filler are added lines, techniques and new smaller scenes. If you were to straight animate just the manga to the anime, we would probably be around episode 80 instead of 100.

As for this episode, I thought it was pretty good. But I agree with others that some stuff will need to occur after this filler arc to get the character back to where they were originally in the manga for the next arc to get off on the right foot.
Old 2004-09-08, 19:36   Link #18
UserName

About the topic, manga readers should have a thread to discuss about the anime. Since they can't really discuss it in 'greater detail' in the episode thread. So a episode discussion for manga readers won't be a bad idea. That would also clean up the regular episode thread.

Yes. The more and more fillers Naruto has... the worse and worse the series gets... So the filler seemed to have screwed things up. I won't be surprised if it diverts from the manga and even if it finishes before the manga itself ends.
Old 2004-09-08, 19:55   Link #19
Ketsueki

There has only been one bad filler episode so far... #97 i believe, the "misunderstanding" was lame, yeah. But everyone seems to have enjoyed 99 and this 100. If you don't like it then you can just stop watching Naruto till its over like some people have said they'll be doing. Just because it's a filler doesn't make it worse than a manga storyline, just makes it different. And I'm sure they can get i back on track, maybe even send Sasuke to the hospital again once it draws to an end.
Old 2004-09-08, 19:57   Link #20
killusuka
the one you wish you were

Send a message via AIM to killusuka Send a message via MSN to killusuka
adding fillers is the maker's choice and sadly, you and me cannot do anything about it, even if you cry blood..
Closed Thread